Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Prototype 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
Opinions?

I was at my Gamestop today and they had a copy of the Blacknet edition. I was tempted to buy it but I've heard mixed reviews about this game. They also had copies of the radnet editions too. So is this game worth buying? And should I get the blacknet edition while I can?

Brohoof /)*(\
40000 GS reached 3/1/2014 Recon Battlefield 4 (Xbone)
collin232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It's worth a rent.
If you have enough money it's worth a buy.
But if you buy it the normal version will suffice no need to spend any extra coins.
I think it's a pretty cool game and better than the first one.

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by collin232 View Post
I was at my Gamestop today and they had a copy of the Blacknet edition. I was tempted to buy it but I've heard mixed reviews about this game. They also had copies of the radnet editions too. So is this game worth buying? And should I get the blacknet edition while I can?
Its very repetitive but still mindless fun at times kind of like Crackdown 2.I would say rent it because I have finished the game with 1000g in less than three days .Characters are boring and Heller reminds me of Kratos with his personality.Sub-par graphics[explosions are the worst],I mean come on all these open world games set in New York yet they cant be even on par with Gta 4 four years later after it's release is disappointing.6/10 for me and that's being kind.

Last edited by Robot God; 04-26-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
I played a couple hours. I'm happy with my purchase. The game feels substantially better than the first.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
So yes the game is worth the buy(since the last blockbuster in the area closed recently and i dont have gamefly) but the blackwatch edition isn't worth the extra $20

Brohoof /)*(\

Last edited by collin232; 04-26-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I think it's worth a rent. You can easily complete the game on Hard in around 10 hours, then it will probably only take you another two for mopping up the rest of the achievements. I never played the first Prototype, so I can't really compare the two. The graphics were not all that great, but this is one of those types of games that graphics are not all that important. The gameplay is a lot of fun, and the animations of "consuming" people never gets old.

But like Blaze said, if you have enough money, buy the game. If you don't, just wait till the price drops a little or take the rent.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've seen a commercial on TV about a few times and it looked better than the first one...which I got for free (hated it) and sent it to a friend.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I rented it and felt like it was no where near full retail. More of a bargain bin $20 game. It took me about 15 hours to beat it on normal and collect everything. When I returned it, I was missing the 100gs from beating the game on hard and leveling up Heller.

As far as gameplay goes, missions are repetitive, story seems lacking, leveling up is based on finding collectibles and repeating side quests which gets old. Combat is just like the first, but the game constantly tells you when to doge and block so you're pretty much button mashing until it tells you to push a certain button.

Thanks to Gackt
koopakiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I switched off the game once I got the 1000G.
Despite the great graphics, the rain puddles on the street and sunlight reflecting in them was amazingly good, game looks a ton better than BF3, anyway: Not worth the full price, really lacking depth.. Selling it asap.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #10
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
Basically it's a more polished rehash of the first game. It is certainly less difficult and they have streamlined the controls / gameplay which helps no end.

If you liked the first, you'll probably like it, if you hated the first I wouldn't bother.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 AM   #11
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
Ended up buying the radnet edition. Like I said above there is no way for me to rent it without signing up for gamefly, which I don't want to do, and I really did enjoy the first one so I'm looking forward to playing this one.

Brohoof /)*(\
Old 04-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #12
MattMoses

mattmoses's Gamercard
Kind of wish I would have waited for it to drop in price. Completed the game and got all achievements within about 15 hours of playtime. Really fun game, I just wish it was a little longer.
MattMoses is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 AM   #13
VyzieTaur

VyzieTaur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Im getting towards the end now and while im enjoying it i do miss all the challenges from the first game. For a free roaming game it was lacking somewhat. Overall i think i prefer number one.

But saying that, i dont regret pre-ordering/buying it at all

http://duxter.com/VyzieTaur - Social networking for gamers!
VyzieTaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #14
Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VyzieTaur View Post
Im getting towards the end now and while im enjoying it i do miss all the challenges from the first game. For a free roaming game it was lacking somewhat. Overall i think i prefer number one.

But saying that, i dont regret pre-ordering/buying it at all
Yeah, I wish the collectibles in this game were more of a challenge to collect.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
games more fun than i expected.

my only complaint is that we cant speed up the camera and sometimes its confusing when jumping around in a fight to lock onto a specific enemy.
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #16
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
A nice and relatively easy 1000 gamerscore.

Nice change from the madness of the first one.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
VyzieTaur

VyzieTaur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
Yeah, I wish the collectibles in this game were more of a challenge to collect.
I got every single one in this game without any kind of guide/map etc. Try to do that in the first one...well it might take you a while :P

http://duxter.com/VyzieTaur - Social networking for gamers!
VyzieTaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyzieTaur View Post
I got every single one in this game without any kind of guide/map etc. Try to do that in the first one...well it might take you a while :P
Never played the first game, but I actually enjoy collecting collectibles that are a little time consuming and hard to collect.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #19
DOA_Rose

doarose's Gamercard
I just picked up the Radnet Edition at Wal-Mart, which came with a code for a free dl of the 1st game. For those who've played it, should I finish the 1st one before starting 2? Or does 2 stand on its own?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #20
Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA_Rose View Post
I just picked up the Radnet Edition at Wal-Mart, which came with a code for a free dl of the 1st game. For those who've played it, should I finish the 1st one before starting 2? Or does 2 stand on its own?
The second game has an option on the Main Menu to view what previously happened in the first game. I heard the first game is extremely time consuming to complete, so if you would rather take that time to finish the first one, go for it.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #21
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

its more of a rental type game really, because how quickly you can beat it and get 1K on it. i got it from Redbox for like 3 days and already got 1K.

its a really fun short little game, there are only a few annoying things about it. one is that the targeting system sucks balls. when you try to lock onto something with LT, 90% of the time you will lock onto something half a mile away instead of the obvious target right in front of you which doesnt make sense and is aggravating.

the other thing is while you can skip some of the cutscenes, there are others you cant. also the guy you play as always calls somebody on his phone after EVERY mission you complete, and while on the phone the game wont let you do anything except walk around, so you have to wait for that to get over before you can move onto the next thing. really quite silly and a waste of time.

other than that i had a great time. the powers are fun to use and once you get far enough, you become so effing powerful and unstoppable it just feels great, a lot like the first game. i just dont think there's enough to do to really warrant buying it.

MSG me on Live!

Last edited by shinobigarth; 05-05-2012 at 06:28 AM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:34 AM   #22
nelsnelson

nelsnelsonelson's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
its more of a rental type game really, because how quickly you can beat it and get 1K on it. i got it from Redbox for like 3 days and already got 1K.

its a really fun short little game, there are only a few annoying things about it. one is that the targeting system sucks balls. when you try to lock onto something with LT, 90% of the time you will lock onto something half a mile away instead of the obvious target right in front of you which doesnt make sense and is aggravating.

the other thing is while you can skip some of the cutscenes, there are others you cant. also the guy you play as always calls somebody on his phone after EVERY mission you complete, and while on the phone the game wont let you do anything except walk around, so you have to wait for that to get over before you can move onto the next thing. really quite silly and a waste of time.

other than that i had a great time. the powers are fun to use and once you get far enough, you become so effing powerful and unstoppable it just feels great, a lot like the first game. i just dont think there's enough to do to really warrant buying it.
Perfect analysis of its good and bad parts.

Rent it and you won't be disappointed. Unless you're rich or a super slow player, you'll probably feel let down by a purchase.
nelsnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #23
Fox4649

Fox4649's Gamercard
It's good for Gamerscore

Having come off playing Mass Effect 2 this game is no comparison, but it's an okay game. I had more fun doing the side quests then the main story (if you want to call it a story). You can get most of the achievements in a dozen hours or so. There isn't enough game though to keep coming back week after week for the Radnet Challenges. I like the idea but there's no reason for me to keep playing it after I finished it. Not even to max out my character's level. This is a strong rental, though. Buy it if it's on sale.
Fox4649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #24
Broodjekipkorn

BroodjeKipkorn's Gamercard
I was having a fun time playing it, but in my opinion, the game was too expensive. Here in the Netherlands, the game was € 51. Same for the Radnet edition, so I've bought that one (actually for my boyfriend). And I've completed the game in 3 days. So imo not worth that much of money. When the Radnet edition was more expensive, I'd say I threw away my money. I guess you probably can rent it. You can easily finish it with 1000G also.

Broodjekipkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #25
Delta438

Delta748's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigor View Post
game looks a ton better than BF3
You have got to be kidding me.

Delta438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #26
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta438 View Post
You have got to be kidding me.
Someone that says that is completely a 16 year old retard. Possibly younger so yeah.

I got the game for 18 bucks off Amazon thanks to Amazon credit. I would say if you spend 30 dollars or less for the game then it's totally worth it. I first regret not getting the CE for it but after beating it less than a week and getting all the achievements for it, I didn't regret it at all.

I wish there was some sort of announcement of more achievements for the game with future DLC so I can keep this a while longer but I might just go ahead and trade it in to Gamestop next week.

It def. a rental game, have fun a good week with it, and back it goes to wherever. I had tons of fun with it but as long as you rent it or get it less than 30 dollars, go for it. It's def. a fun open world game just wrecking shit.