PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 12 > UEFA EURO 2012
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #31
mentaljason

Mental Jay's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks a lot man!! Got the achievement done yesterday thanks to this method =D
Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #32
darr3772

darr112's Gamercard
I have a couple of questions. Should I be copying the save file on my Xbox to my USB each time I win a match or should I be copying the file from USB to Xbox after each win?

What I've found is that when I open the tournament after a reset it shows the result of the game I won from my USB save and the result of the last match I played.
What I'm trying to work out how it would remember all the group matches I played. Just trying to understand how it works.

Apologies if none of this makes sense. Trying to type of my phone.
I try to post something more coherent about this latr
darr3772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #33
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darr3772 View Post
I have a couple of questions. Should I be copying the save file on my Xbox to my USB each time I win a match or should I be copying the file from USB to Xbox after each win?

What I've found is that when I open the tournament after a reset it shows the result of the game I won from my USB save and the result of the last match I played.
What I'm trying to work out how it would remember all the group matches I played. Just trying to understand how it works.

Apologies if none of this makes sense. Trying to type of my phone.
I try to post something more coherent about this latr

I have no idea man how it works, I think some info is saved server side, and 99% profile side, it kinda gets confused (but it works out well) just follow steps on OP and it works 100%. Plus you don't have to ruin anyones game and your not upsetting anyone or breaking any rules, just another save workaround method we have all done 1000 times before.

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 34
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #34
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Managed to get to semi-finals but it wont go any further!

Just tried playing in the semi, scored within 5 mins and the twat quit so it didnt go down as a win then got knocked out, deleted the save on the HD and reloaded the save I had on the USB stick but it still is registered as a loss so EA go fuck yourselves.

Last edited by gazmaster1; 05-02-2012 at 08:13 PM.
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #35
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Gaz, why would you be in the semi-finals if you are using this method? All 6 games/wins will take place in the group stage. You win a game, dashboard, and you are restarting the tournament essentially after each win. So, in essence, you should get the achievement after the 1st game of the 6th tournament you've started.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #36
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
Credit to PS3T

Steps:
1. Win 1 match (if you fail forfeit and create a new tournament)
2. Quit lobby and quit to FIFA 12, then dashboard after game saves etc
3. Copy EURO TOURNAMENT 0 save to USB
4. Launch FIFA 12 - EURO 12 Online Tourny
5. Forfeit tournament so you lose the whole tournament
6. Start a new tournament with the SAME TEAM
7. Win the first game (if you fail forfeit and create a new tourny)
8. Quit lobby and quit to FIFA 12, then dashboard after game saves etc
9. Copy file from USB to XBOX 360 (delete current file first on console)
10. Launch FIFA 12 - EURO 12 Online Tourny
11 - Repeat steps 2 - 10 achievement pops in lobby
I'm still confused as hell as to how this will work. Step 11 has you repeating step 2, which is exactly what step 8 is. Step 10 tells you to launch fifa 12 - euro 12 online tourney and if you are repeating than the next step is to quit lobby and quit to fifa 12, then dashboard. Makes no sense.

So, I won my first game. At this point I should dashboard and save my Online Tournament file to my USB stick. Then load FIFA 12 back up, go into the Online Euro Tournament and forfeit the tournament. Restart a new tournament playing as the team I was playing as (Germany). Provided I win the next game, back all the way out to FIFA 12 menu, dashboard, remove the save file from my hard drive for Euro Online Tournament, then load the file that was on the USB drive in it's place... then start FIFA 12 back up, go into the online tournament, forfeit tournament, start new tournament w/ same team (Germany)... rinse & repeat. Am I getting this correctly?

I think it's step 9 that is the most confusing, as the parentheses portion is the part I don't get. Should Step 9 be "Delete Online Tournament file from Hard drive" and Step 10 should then read "Copy file from USB to Hard Drive" ?

Last edited by Eggnogga; 05-03-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #37
Yannarg

KU FA LA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
I'm still confused as hell as to how this will work. Step 11 has you repeating step 2, which is exactly what step 8 is. Step 10 tells you to launch fifa 12 - euro 12 online tourney and if you are repeating than the next step is to quit lobby and quit to fifa 12, then dashboard. Makes no sense.

So, I won my first game. At this point I should dashboard and save my Online Tournament file to my USB stick. Then load FIFA 12 back up, go into the Online Euro Tournament and forfeit the tournament. Restart a new tournament playing as the team I was playing as (Germany). Provided I win the next game, back all the way out to FIFA 12 menu, dashboard, remove the save file from my hard drive for Euro Online Tournament, then load the file that was on the USB drive in it's place... then start FIFA 12 back up, go into the online tournament, forfeit tournament, start new tournament w/ same team (Germany)... rinse & repeat. Am I getting this correctly?

I think it's step 9 that is the most confusing, as the parentheses portion is the part I don't get. Should Step 9 be "Delete Online Tournament file from Hard drive" and Step 10 should then read "Copy file from USB to Hard Drive" ?
I got it thanks to this method.
When you copy the save file from usb you start fifa 12 and when you enter the tourney you will notice that you moved up 1 round. At this point dashboard back, save newly created file to usb, restart fifa12, forfeit tourn, start new 1 with same team, win, dashboard, delete save from drive, copy to drive from usb and repaet.
I have to notice that i deleted and copied both euro profile and euro tourn saves.
Hope I helped
Yannarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #38
Fabioo

Royalfakedog's Gamercard
Quote:

All of what you're saying is correct.
Fabioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #39
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Quote:
Gaz, why would you be in the semi-finals if you are using this method? All 6 games/wins will take place in the group stage. You win a game, dashboard, and you are restarting the tournament essentially after each win. So, in essence, you should get the achievement after the 1st game of the 6th tournament you've started.
You progress through out the tournament with this method even though you are playing in the group stages.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #40
darr3772

darr112's Gamercard
Pretty sure after each win you need to exit game and return to dashboard. Copy your USB file over.
Then you reload the game and open tournament. Exit to dashboard and then copy this over to the USB so it remembers your progress.

FIFA seems to remember the result of the last match you played, which is probably why this works.

Wondering whether I can lose my final group match or draw and what would happen.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #41
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
The tournament requires you have 18 points to win the achievement, the way the game is set out this must be done 6 games in a row. This method you stay in the group stages, and never progress past the first match (technically) but you still get 18 points and the achievement.

Staff Clubs - 10

Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #42
darr3772

darr112's Gamercard
With the USB trick won my first two games, lost my third. Won group.
Won next two then drew my last game 2-2.
Dashboarded and copied my save file over and when I loaded up tournament I got the achievement.

As my earlier post said after each match I would dashboard and copy my file from usb to xbox, load up tournament to see where I was. Dashboard, saved that and then logged back in and forfeited tournament so I could win my next match.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #43
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Now im back up and running going to give this a try again but from the start rather than the 3rd round game in.

EDIT: Done it and thanks to the OP for getting this on here, amazing how people find these things.

Last edited by gazmaster1; 05-04-2012 at 04:24 PM.
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #44
romanzad

romanzad's Gamercard
just to clarify, if i win i transfer the save to usb, then quit the tournie and start a new one... now if i lose the next game do i just quit out again without transferring until i win one game then when i do win, transfer the save back to usb??
romanzad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #45
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

^^ Curious about that too. I applaud 'Evokazz' for putting this out, I just wish it was a lil more detailed. Certain parts like "if you fail," well you don't fail a game, you lose. Anyways.... I keep getting mixed thoughts about what you are doing. In the initial instructions, and I'll try to be as elaborate as I can:

After your first win, you are saving that to your USB. After 2nd win, you are deleting your tournament in the HDD, and copying the file from your USB to HDD. After 3rd win, you are deleting your tournament from HDD & copying file from USB to HDD. So, essentially you are never moving anything from the HDD to the USB except for that first win... is that right?? It just doesn't sound right in my head.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #46
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

It doesn't need to be anymore detailed, seriously just follow it step by step, it's very simple. People seem to go wrong on this step:

The reason is you have just won an online game, and then being told to quit, and delete your save (even though you won) and replace it with a file from before you won. Doesn't make any sense! But that's exactly what you do, and it works 100%. If you "lose" a match at any time just restart the whole tournament. People are reading step 9 and thinking.."That can't be right" and skipping the step or doing it the other way.

REMEMBER If you lose a match at ANY time, or feel you can not beat the guy, just quit out to the main EURO 2012 Menu, and restart the online tournament, when it asks to delete save say yes and start again.

1. Win 1 match
2. Quit to lobby and quit to FIFA 12, then dashboard AFTER game saves automatically
3. Copy EURO TOURNAMENT 0 save on HDD to USB drive
5. Forfeit the tournament so you lose the whole tournament
6. Start a new tournament with the SAME TEAM <---IMPORTANT
7. Win the first game (if you lose forfeit and create a new tourny)
11 - Repeat steps 2 - 10

So when you hit step 11, literally jump in at step 2, so yes you will be moving your save to USB more than one time, you will be doing it after every win.

If you look carefully, step 11 you load up the game again, then on step 2 you quit again, seems pointless, but it updates the method and keeps it working somehow, then in step 3 you copy this updated save to USB again

Do steps 1 - 11 on your first run (cos step 1 needs a win to set it off) once you reach step 11, go to step 2, not step 1.

Sorry I hope this helps explain it better.

Staff Clubs - 10

Last edited by Evo Kazz; 05-08-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #47
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Evo -- Please don't think I was being snippy with you. I just wanna make sure I'm doing it right, that's all. And yea, the method doesn't make any sense, which is why I keep wondering if I'd be doing it right.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #48
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Quote:
Evo -- Please don't think I was being snippy with you. I just wanna make sure I'm doing it right, that's all. And yea, the method doesn't make any sense, which is why I keep wondering if I'd be doing it right.

I didn't don't worry, and know exactly what you mean, it's weird but it works lol.

Staff Clubs - 10

Old 05-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #49
supadryz

supadryz's Gamercard

Quote:
It doesn't need to be anymore detailed, seriously just follow it step by step, it's very simple. People seem to go wrong on this step:

The reason is you have just won an online game, and then being told to quit, and delete your save (even though you won) and replace it with a file from before you won. Doesn't make any sense! But that's exactly what you do, and it works 100%. If you "lose" a match at any time just restart the whole tournament. People are reading step 9 and thinking.."That can't be right" and skipping the step or doing it the other way.

REMEMBER If you lose a match at ANY time, or feel you can not beat the guy, just quit out to the main EURO 2012 Menu, and restart the online tournament, when it asks to delete save say yes and start

Just a quick question. If I lose and quit tournament do I have to re-load my save file from my USB?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #50
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by supadryz View Post
Just a quick question. If I lose and quit tournament do I have to re-load my save file from my USB?

No, just delete the save when prompted in game, and attempt to win again. Alsdo it does not matter how many times you lose, just keep quit and restart until you do then resume the steps.

Staff Clubs - 10

Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #51
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Quote:
Darr, to answer your question, yes. I figured this out the hard way. I skipped that step my first time and after my 3rd win, once I copied the initial save over, it stuck me on my 2nd win... meaning, it showed my 1st and 3rd.

So, like the instructions say, I believe it's step #3 (or 4), after every win, and after you've loaded up the game, you want to copy that new Euro Tournament 0 over to the USB and get rid of that older save.

I'm finding out really quick that there is no way in hell I would get this legit. My overall record is probably 4-8. (Not counting any draws.)
Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #52
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Thank you Evokazz. I just unlocked it tonight. Woohoo! Funny thing (at least to me, it is) I wound up going 4-0 against guys who played as England.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #53
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Quote:
Thank you Evokazz. I just unlocked it tonight. Woohoo! Funny thing (at least to me, it is) I wound up going 4-0 against guys who played as England.

Congrats, its a hard one.

Staff Clubs - 10

Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #54
bmstinton93

bmstinton93's Gamercard
I am so pissed off. 17 tournaments and still haven't won one game. Drew about 8 when I've been in front basically the whole time as well. I presume a draw doesn't work with this method?
bmstinton93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #55
Wahoo35

Quote:
With the USB trick won my first two games, lost my third. Won group.
Won next two then drew my last game 2-2.
Dashboarded and copied my save file over and when I loaded up tournament I got the achievement.

As my earlier post said after each match I would dashboard and copy my file from usb to xbox, load up tournament to see where I was. Dashboard, saved that and then logged back in and forfeited tournament so I could win my next match.
I tied my "final" and the game shows me as Champion with a trophy but as the runner-up in the bottom left corner of last tournament played. Pretty sure that a tie for the knockout phases will not net you the achievement as I am sitting here without it. Am going to play another game and win without messing with the save on my USB. Hopefully that will net me the achievement without having to start over.

EDIT: Won another game, deleted the save file on the HD, replaced with USB save file, loaded up game, and achievement popped in lobby. If you get to the knock out stages and tie don't proceed. Wait until you win.

Last edited by Wahoo35; 05-23-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Wahoo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #56
adz5000

Send a message via MSN to adz5000

adz5000's Gamercard
Quote:

REMEMBER If you lose a match at ANY time, or feel you can not beat the guy, just quit out to the main EURO 2012 Menu, and restart the online tournament, when it asks to delete save say yes and start again.

1. Win 1 match
2. Quit to lobby and quit to FIFA 12, then dashboard AFTER game saves automatically
3. Copy EURO TOURNAMENT 0 save on HDD to USB drive
5. Forfeit the tournament so you lose the whole tournament
6. Start a new tournament with the SAME TEAM <---IMPORTANT
7. Win the first game (if you lose forfeit and create a new tourny)
11 - Repeat steps 2 - 10

So when you hit step 11, literally jump in at step 2, so yes you will be moving your save to USB more than one time, you will be doing it after every win.

If you look carefully, step 11 you load up the game again, then on step 2 you quit again, seems pointless, but it updates the method and keeps it working somehow, then in step 3 you copy this updated save to USB again

Do steps 1 - 11 on your first run (cos step 1 needs a win to set it off) once you reach step 11, go to step 2, not step 1.

Sorry I hope this helps explain it better.
Got the achievement earlier today using this method.

To anyone having trouble making sense of the guide just play the game and follow the guide it will make sense as you go through the steps.

I was trying to figure it out before starting it and it was confusing me alot.

Impatiently waiting for TITANFALL to ermmm.... fall?
adz5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #57
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz5000 View Post
Got the achievement earlier today using this method.

To anyone having trouble making sense of the guide just play the game and follow the guide it will make sense as you go through the steps.

I was trying to figure it out before starting it and it was confusing me alot.
Yeah, it does not make any sense at all if you proof read it first, just jump right in (not the usual method with guides I know - but for this guide it's kinda needed).

Staff Clubs - 10

Old 05-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #58
Lumpi

Lumpi's Gamercard
Hi,

anybody wants to try this achievement with me? I can't win a match. My gamertag is "Lumpi"
Lumpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #59
Unknownguy18

Unknownguy18's Gamercard
cheers bud. worked fine. Top man
Unknownguy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #60
thefulleffect!

xthefulleffectx's Gamercard
this may be a stupid question, but i assume you can replace USB with a memory unit and it will work just the same?
thefulleffect! is offline   Reply With Quote