PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
MetalReaper00

The Adam Fenix's Gamercard
I played the Co-op Campaign....

As far as the multiplayer goes, it is what it is and it is also a beta... where they fix stuff... A LOT of stuff. However when playing the co-op campaign with 4 people on LAN as E3 2011 it was f****** awesome. Also every time you play, you play as someone different and it is not just the appearance like Gears of War 3 - You actually experience things that only that character does. It was cool. Can't wait for the full game to come out.
MetalReaper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
koopakiller64

Stewtendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalReaper00 View Post
As far as the multiplayer goes, it is what it is and it is also a beta... where they fix stuff... A LOT of stuff. However when playing the co-op campaign with 4 people on LAN as E3 2011 it was f****** awesome. Also every time you play, you play as someone different and it is not just the appearance like Gears of War 3 - You actually experience things that only that character does. It was cool. Can't wait for the full game to come out.
Can you expand on that part? From what I'm understanding, you get randomly assigned to a certain character that has unique traits and equipment? However since this is way back at E3 2011, I'm assuming it was for demo purposes or an early idea that may not be implemented into the actual game.

Thanks to Gackt
koopakiller64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Playing the beta i think its fantastic. The recon class is awsome and i love the customization.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Honestly, I am looking forward to the campaign and the co-op more than the multiplayer. I assume map designs are not going to be changed from the beta and if they are as poorly designed as Pipeline, there is going to be a lot of spawn trapping which just leads to raging.

There needs to be more good, co-op games.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
The co-op mode in the GRAW games were a lot of fun, so i'm hoping it will be similar in FS. If not i may stick to the guerrilla mode.

OP, any chance you can expand on your experience.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
Cerberuz

Exp Gamers's Gamercard
I'm not a huge fan of the beta, but then I prefer single player to multiplayer anyway.. I did manage to have a sneaky go on the single player at a trade event with Matt Benson (Ubisoft UK Brand Manager) back in Sept and the game is just amazing!
Cerberuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
Agree with most above, the Ghost Recon games always had those awesome co-op missions and they added a few more as DLC in GRAW2, i realy enjoyed it, never been a huge fan of MP anymore, i had some hopes the MP in Ghost Recon Future Soldier would be just like the previous series more about tactics and teamwork, so i had def hopes and looked ahead to play the Beta, but what i found was just basicly the more common COD, BF kinda gameplay, and as the system rewards you more XP actualy for kills rather then for taking an objectives i found after playing a few matches on different days that gamers where starting to camp more and try to get kills instead of going after objectives. Its sad to see an otherwise great serie and MP turning into another COD/BF wanna be.
My hopes are still high the campaign and geurilla mode will be awesome. i enjoy a good co-op game more then the whole MP stuff these days where nobody chats anymore and some furious 13 year old kids start raving and trash talking, sad but true thats probly why ppl not chat anymore in games or directly going into party chat, its more sad because how much fun it was when gamers still used gamechat and talked with eachother giving advice or warning eachother for incoming enemies and gather their strenght to defeat the other team, now its mostly some random ppl that run off playing lone wolf. Ah well, just saying lol.
AirborneRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
PsychoZombie123

PsychoZombie123's Gamercard
This might be a stupid question but what exactly is guerrilla mode?
PsychoZombie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZombie123 View Post
This might be a stupid question but what exactly is guerrilla mode?
It's a horde/survival type game mode, you fight waves of enemies (I assume the rounds would be mixed in with objectives as well).
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
BarretFerret88

BarretFerret88's Gamercard
The objectives I believe are Capture and Controlling areas, Sneaking into the area, taking out the OPFOR silently, without alerting them to your presence and than holding that area during 10 waves than rinse and repeating onto a new objective.
BarretFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #11
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarretFerret88 View Post
The objectives I believe are Capture and Controlling areas, Sneaking into the area, taking out the OPFOR silently, without alerting them to your presence and than holding that area during 10 waves than rinse and repeating onto a new objective.
Damn, that sounds like teamwork is a must especially for the silent take down part. What i've noticed with horde modes so far is that, if the game only requires you to kill everything that moves, you can get through it with randoms that don't talk. I just have to hope some of my friends buy this game too.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
To be honest i think these are the only two modes (co-op campaign & Geurilla) that realy offers some sort of team work, the MP turned out to be a mera run and gun festival with alot of camping.
AirborneRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #13
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRichard View Post
To be honest i think these are the only two modes (co-op campaign & Geurilla) that realy offers some sort of team work, the MP turned out to be a mera run and gun festival with alot of camping.
You'd be lucky to find team work in ANY online game now-a-days, if playing with randoms. Play with a team of your buddies online though, and you dominate. I see this game being exactly the same.

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
Aprosa

Send a message via ICQ to Aprosa

iWitness NL's Gamercard
Is there also a local co-op story mode? (Full campaign)

Aprosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #15
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprosa View Post
Is there also a local co-op story mode? (Full campaign)
http://www.co-optimus.com/game/1922/...e-soldier.html

Quote:
The Co-Op Experience

Team up through a co-op campaign that is said to span 12 hours, or play specific co-op modes.

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote