PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Games that Require/Support Kinect (Updated)

The other thread has not been updated since September of 2011 so I am making a new one. Special thanks to Kaleido42 for his previous list and I will will try to keep the format similar to his. I hope you don't mind Kaleido, I don't want to be rude.

Anyways...

This is a list of all games that either require kinect use or are compatible with the kinect. Just like the previous thread any games that go by more than one name because of regions will have one of the names in brackets and a mention of its associated region.

Any game that is not yet released will have its own section at the bottom with the information I have found about the game so far which will eventually include the regions it will be released into, the release dates for each region, and whether kinect is required or not. Once the game has been released it will obviously be moved to the released games section. Feel free to post more information if you have any and provide a source if possible. I mainly use 123Kinect for information and they do not provide release dates for Asian countries so if you have any information about Asian release dates or a website that will provide it for me easily then please post with a source.

You can click on a games name to be redirected to x360a's overview of the game, if no link is provided for that game then there is likely not an overview onsite yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated so as I said above, if you have any information that needs to be added to the guide then don't hesitate to post it. Link a source if possible so I can see for myself. Enjoy! And don't hesitate to ask questions about a game, I try to play a lot of kinect games but if I cant help you, I am sure somebody can.

NA - North America
EU - Europe

Join "Kinect Gamers" Social Group HERE

EDIT: I also want to kinda start putting some interested kinect game related news on this thread to draw more attention to not only this thread but the kinect itself. People really miss out when it comes to kinect fun.

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 02-03-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Foxxy kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Xbox 360

Games that Require Kinect (Released)

Retail:

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 02-09-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #3
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Games that Require Kinect (Released) ContinuedArcade:
The below games are small minigames from the Kinect Sports franchise, they are similar to Kinect Fun Labs but are Developed by the company Rare. They give 50 per game, same as Kinect Fun Labs and cost 240 Microsoft Points per game. There is currently 10 games released for a total of 500

Kinect Sports Gems:
The below games are small minigames that give you 50 each. Kinect sensor is required for all of these. You need to download the Kinect Fun Labs app on your xbox 360 to access the games. There is currently 15 games for a total of 750

Kinect Fun Labs:

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 02-09-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #4
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

The below games are only "Better With Kinect". Kinect is not required to play it but may be required for certain achievements or gamemodes.

Games That Support Kinect (Released)

Retail:

Arcade:

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 03-17-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Xbox One

Games that Require Kinect (Released)

Retail:
Arcade:

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 02-09-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Games That Support Kinect (Released)

Retail:

Arcade:

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 02-09-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #7
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Last reserve.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just by looking at the games case, I don't think Binary Domain belongs on any of these lists.

A couple suggestions, if a game is stackable (like Family Game Night 4) can you put a + next to it. If a game is available only available in a certain region put it in () brackets as well and if that game is region free put a * next to it. We won't really know this information unless someone posts about it but I think it'd be still nice to know. What do you think?

Keep up the good work! I'm liking what I see.

Last edited by yamayamayaamaa; 04-27-2012 at 06:52 AM.
yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice one, finally an updated list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post
Just by looking at the games case, I don't think Binary Domain belongs on any of these lists.
It has voice commands. I played the demo and they didn't work at all though.

I kept shouting "help me", and my character would say "I like you." How annoying!

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Yes, this is much appreciated. I've been looking for a list because kinect games are the only type that my wife will play.
Skorpion XBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Waggly Bean] View Post
Nice one, finally an updated list!

It has voice commands. I played the demo and they didn't work at all though.

I kept shouting "help me", and my character would say "I like you." How annoying!
So it will be under "Better With Kinect then, I will change that. Thanks

Quote:

A couple suggestions, if a game is stackable (like Family Game Night 4) can you put a + next to it. If a game is available only available in a certain region put it in () brackets as well and if that game is region free put a * next to it. We won't really know this information unless someone posts about it but I think it'd be still nice to know. What do you think?

Keep up the good work! I'm liking what I see.
Well there is already a thread for stackable games right here,

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=124009

I think I will put something next to the game if its only available in a certain region.

But what do you mean if it is region free? Like if its available everywhere? If so then you will know which ones are available everywhere because it wont have the thing that says its only available in certain regions.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #12
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
So it will be under "Better With Kinect then, I will change that. Thanks

Well there is already a thread for stackable games right here,

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=124009

I think I will put something next to the game if its only available in a certain region.

But what do you mean if it is region free? Like if its available everywhere? If so then you will know which ones are available everywhere because it wont have the thing that says its only available in certain regions.
Yeah, I guess the stackable thing isn't necessary. Glad you're making a note of certain region games though. That will help people a lot.

By region free I meant that if a game is only available in a certain region then it should be noted if it can be played on any Xbox 360 console. But since it is highly unlikely that any of these games will be region free then you don't really need to worry about that lol...

Old 04-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Quick update. Twister Mania isn't NA only, it was released in Europe as well (although I haven't ever noticed a copy in shops...)

Proof - boxart with a PEGI rating:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBOX-360-K...item460343092b

As far as I can tell it never got a Japanese release though.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
yamayamayaamaa

Burnout Crash does not require Kinect.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Quote:
Nice catch - I missed that one totally when I looked through...

Also, might be an idea to list all the Fun Labs apps instead of just saying to search for them. To save you the work, here's the list:
  1. Air Band
  2. Avatar Kinect
  3. Battle Stuff
  4. Bobble Head
  5. Build A Buddy
  6. Googly Eyes
  7. I Am Super!
  8. Junk Fu
  9. Kinect Me
  10. Kinect Rush Snapshot
  11. Kinect Sparkler
  12. Musical Feet
  13. Mutation Station
All linked to each games overview for you.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Quick update. Twister Mania isn't NA only, it was released in Europe as well (although I haven't ever noticed a copy in shops...)

Proof - boxart with a PEGI rating:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBOX-360-K...item460343092b

As far as I can tell it never got a Japanese release though.
Ok, I will change that now.

Quote:
Are you sure? On 123kinect it says that kinect is required. I will look more into it though.

http://123kinect.com/game/burnout-crash/

Quote:
Nice catch - I missed that one totally when I looked through...

Also, might be an idea to list all the Fun Labs apps instead of just saying to search for them. To save you the work, here's the list:
  1. Air Band
  2. Avatar Kinect
  3. Battle Stuff
  4. Bobble Head
  5. Build A Buddy
  6. Googly Eyes
  7. I Am Super!
  8. Junk Fu
  9. Kinect Me
  10. Kinect Rush Snapshot
  11. Kinect Sparkler
  12. Musical Feet
  13. Mutation Station
All linked to each games overview for you.
Thanks. I will put that in there now.

Both of you have been a real help, thanks a ton.

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 04-28-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Quote:
Are you sure? On 123kinect it says that kinect is required. I will look more into it though.

It's definitely not required. I always play it with the controller as the Kinect controls just seem... kind of stupid.

EDIT: Kung Fu High Impact also has a PAL release.

Last edited by [Waggly Bean]; 04-28-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
yamayamayaamaa

Quote:
Ok, I will change that now.

Thanks. I will put that in there now.

Both of you have been a real help, thanks a ton.
Yup. I own the game so I can confirm it 100% as well.

No problem, glad to help. Thank you for making this new thread.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Minecraft to have Kinect support patched in after release?

http://123kinect.com/minecrafts-kine...enshots/32158/

Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Quote:
Minecraft to have Kinect support patched in after release?

http://123kinect.com/minecrafts-kine...enshots/32158/
Updated! I could have sworn I had already put that one in there, but I guess i didnt!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #21
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Skyrim Voice Commands

Skyrim Voice Commands

Well Skyrims kinect update happened today. Anybody wondering what commands are available there is a link below to a news page on this site with each command.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...One-Place.html

Old 05-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #22
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

I mainly wanted to bump this thread since it was getting buried below other threads and this still hasnt been stickied.

But here is the Pre-Alpha footage of the upcoming The Avengers kinect video game. Since the film is popular I think a lot of people will be interested in how the game will be and how kinect will work with it.

And nobody get me for posting 3 times in a row, because these posts are days apart.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #23
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
But here is the Pre-Alpha footage of the upcoming The Avengers kinect video game. Since the film is popular I think a lot of people will be interested in how the game will be and how kinect will work with it.

It looks really good,i hope controls are good too.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #24
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Well a previously cancelled kinect workout game was announced to be continued today called Harley Pasternak’s Hollywood Workout.

Here is a quote from the guy,

Quote:
“My game gives you access to the same fitness program I use to train my celebrity clients who are always in the public eye and always working towards the next blockbuster movie role or worldwide concert tour,” said Harley Pasternak. “My signature 5-Factor Fitness program provides a customizable 25-minute-a-day workout, five days a week. It’s not only easy to manage but I’ll be there with you every step of the way to provide guidance on form, technique and nutrition. My program worked for Lady Gaga, and it can work for you too.”
Couple Screen shots here, if you happened to be interested:

http://123kinect.com/game/harley-pas...t/#screenshots

And a link to the article:

http://123kinect.com/harley-pasterna...me-real/34824/
Old 05-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
yamayamayaamaa

Quote:

Games that Support Kinect (Upcoming)

Retail:
Came out this week.

Crimson Dragon has a release date of June 13th but Japan only for the time being.

London 2012 is Kinect optional.
Amazon.com: London 2012: Video Games Amazon.com: London 2012: Video Games

Brave is Kinect optional.
Amazon.com: Brave: Xbox 360: Video Games Amazon.com: Brave: Xbox 360: Video Games

Let's Dance requires Kinect.
Amazon.com: Let's Dance: Xbox 360: Video Games Amazon.com: Let's Dance: Xbox 360: Video Games

Ice Age: Continental Drift requires Kinect.
Amazon.com: Ice Age: Continental Drift Kinect: Video Games Amazon.com: Ice Age: Continental Drift Kinect: Video Games

Last edited by yamayamayaamaa; 05-26-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #26
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Fable: The Journey E3 announcement video.

Also check out the sales of kinect since release..looking good!
http://123kinect.com/xbox-360-kinect-sales-2012/34963/

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 05-29-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #27
yamayamayaamaa

Games that Require Kinect (Upcoming)
Dance Central 3
Nike+ Kinect Training
Just Dance: Disney Party
Just Dance 4
Just Dance Greatest Hits
Zumba Fitness Core

There are release dates on amazon.com for some of the games if you want to add them.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

Those need to be added and Babel Rising can be moved to the released list now that it's out.

Last edited by yamayamayaamaa; 06-17-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
Kinkimono

Kinkii Mono's Gamercard
Already released Kinect Required

Just Dance Kids (the first one) only have Just Dance kids 2 on the list. (Retail)
Just Dance Kids
Just Dance Kids 2 is not avaliable in Europe but in both NA and Asia.
*edit my bad with this one didn't realise just dance kids was EU and just dance kids 2 was US and stackable.

Hole in the Wall: Deluxe Edition (Retail)
Hole In The Wall: Deluxe Edition (NA Only)

About Let's Dance and Let's Dance With Mel B are just region differance
Let's Dance is (US) and Let's Dance With Mel B is (EU) They have the same achievements just in a different order,
no idea if they will be stackable or not. Cover is the same as well only that the EU version have "with mel B" under the title.

And if we are adding info about region codes 'Yoostar on MTV' is only released in NA but it's region free.
I own a imported copy that works on my PAL machine and various sites have it listed as region free one
of them that i trust atleast is play asia Yoostar on MTV

If you change your mind and want to make a note of stackable games in the future I have a list of them and can send it if you PM me.

Last edited by Kinkimono; 06-17-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Kinkimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
Kinkimono

Kinkii Mono's Gamercard
Quote:
Games that Require Kinect (Upcoming)
Dance Central 3
Nike+ Kinect Training
Just Dance: Disney Party
Just Dance 4
Just Dance Greatest Hits
Zumba Fitness Core

There are release dates on amazon.com for some of the games if you want to add them.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

Those need to be added and Babel Rising can be moved to the released list now that it's out.
added links to save foxxy some time as a thanks for the effort put into the thread.
Kinkimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #30
yamayamayaamaa

Cool, thanks for the links kinkimono.

According to the stackable thread, I'm pretty sure Let's Dance is a stackable.