PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Bloodforge
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #31
Gageamatron
 
Gageamatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West
Posts: 433

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinzone View Post
So not just me, but you and the millions of other gamers out there, we don't 'deserve' not to be lied to? Deceived? Mislead with a trial that is nothing like the full game? Sold a game that was nowhere near ready for release?
How does the saying go, that's right, treat others how you'd like to be treated.
Obviously these devs and you see no problem with deceitfullness.. good to know.
-The trial is just like the full game in every way. Short, but it's all you need.

-Who was lied to? I know I wasn't.

-A patch is coming so all your bitching really is for nothing.

Maybe you should have watched a review before your purchase.
__________________

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #32
meltinzone
 
meltinzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 87

meltinzone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
Maybe you should have watched a review before your purchase.
This is the whole point, you shouldn't need to. I've gone over it already, it's clear people in this thread have problems reading.
meltinzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #33
Gageamatron
 
Gageamatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West
Posts: 433

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinzone View Post
This is the whole point, you shouldn't need to. I've gone over it already, it's clear people in this thread have problems reading.
I agree, you shouldn't have to. However if you don't then it's your fault and only yours.

The reason people are not reading what you are spewing out is because your being a complete dick about it.
__________________

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #34
fantazja
 
fantazja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 103

nuzzyfipplez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
actually, he's not being a dick about it.

the people being dicks about it, are those calling him a noob for not liking a game. or that constantly say 'you should have tried the demo!'

that's the dumbest insult (if you could even call it that) people use here.

i loved Too Human. and for me, dying the 100+ times for the achievement was difficult, as i never died. that doesn't make everyone else noobs, it just means playing that game came easier to me than it did to others.

as for this game, i, too, played the demo, and i found it horrendous.
i don't even like the art style they were going for. it's like the bastard child of Afro Samurai and MadWorld. a child i would have aborted.

i also found the demo very short. for a 2GB game, the demo could have been longer. i wasted all that time for nothing. but at least i didn't buy it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
I agree, you shouldn't have to. However if you don't then it's your fault and only yours.
the reviews aren't always right, though, as they are *that* reviewers opinions.

if Mastodon_Slayer (the first to call meltinzone a noob) were a game reviewer, his review would have been glowing, and most likely quoted by the developers in trying to sell it.

reviews have been glowing for years about the Modern Warfare games, even though each one is the same as the last. why buy the same game 3 times?

in short, he made valid complaints about a game he bought, and has every right to complain about it here. be grateful he didn't make a thread "this game sucks", and just bitch about not liking it.
__________________

Last edited by fantazja; 05-06-2012 at 12:38 AM.
fantazja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #35
Gageamatron
 
Gageamatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West
Posts: 433

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantazja View Post
in short, he made valid complaints about a game he bought, and has every right to complain about it here. be grateful he didn't make a thread "this game sucks", and just bitch about not liking it.
Sorry but starting a thread with the title "We DESERVE a refund" is not the right way to do it.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.
__________________

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #36
meltinzone
 
meltinzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 87

meltinzone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
I agree, you shouldn't have to. However if you don't then it's your fault and only yours.
So you do agree? What about the early adopters of games and items in general? What if these people never bothered uploading videos to youtube, or only do so after you've already wasted your money and purchased it? Then whose fault is it? Still your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantazja View Post
actually, he's not being a dick about it.
i also found the demo very short.
reviews are *that* reviewers opinions.
be grateful he didn't make a thread "this game sucks", and just bitch about not liking it.
Thanks for your reply man, nice to have another person with common sense, that's not (blindly) trolling, this board reply.

As for reviews, couldn't agree more. I'd go as far to call some affiliates. Do you think people are aware how many reviews are from people who are benefitting, in some way, by giving positive feedback about the game?
I can't remember another game, at least nothing in recent memory, that's had so much positive feedback, to the point it's suffocated and drowned out the real issues, bugs, drawbacks and negatives of the game. And all this positive feedback comes from the same shady people who are just slamming, with terms like noob, anyone who says anything (at all) negative about the game.
Does the saying "Learn from your mistakes" have any value left, or have we, as a digital people, simply forgotten the meaning? The same applies to many similar sayings, for example, "Constructive criticism" or "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" or "Give it 100%" or "Keep trying/furthering yourself and eventually you'll get it"

Are peoples short (media) attention spans having trouble following a few paraghraphs and then providing a structured reply back, or is it merely the attitude of "I can't be bothered and I'll blindly defend something because I'm benefitting in some way, so I'll simply tell you to shut your mouth noob?"

It bewilders me society has become so ignorant, especially when valid points have been put forth and an open discussion had been asked for. So again man, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts/opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
"We DESERVE a refund" is not the right way to do it. there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it.
So what should I have called the thread in order to get the attention of people before they waste their money buying this, and somehow doing so the 'right' way? Something like;
Don't buy, horrendous.
Full of Bugs.
Not worth your time

I started a thread with this title and then went on to justify the title with more than reasonable and very vaild points. At the end of my unedited OP, I asked for a discussion on the points I put forward. So far, only a few members have had the decency to at least discuss the points, or their opinions of what fails and works within the game, regardless of whether they personally like the game or not.

As for the rest, well they not only continue not to read, but they feel some need to spew unjustified hatred and lies. This hate is not merely just directed at me, but toward anyone with a more unfavourable opinion of the game. So is what they're doing the "right way to go about it?"
meltinzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #37
ghsbe
 
ghsbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 176

ghsbe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
Maybe you need to learn how to read? I quoted someone directly about the camera issues and never mentioned anything else in my post.

To everything you mentioned in the OP is a non issue for me any many others by the looks of it. You don't 'deserve' anything.
I completely concur with this.

As a side note, Gageamaton, where did you get that gamercard sig. from?
__________________
ghsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #38
Rezzurekted
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3

Alcohaulin Az's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinzone View Post
By ripping into the game, you mean providing information that is FACT based and accurately depicts what people should expect when they play the full version, the trial is deceptive. As for being a GOW clone, EPICLOLZzzz. You clearly haven't played at least one of the games, or your memories of one of the games are very hazey. As for getting employed with the devs, why would someone want to after seeing that abombonation? you should strive to be better and further your own skills, what could one possibly hope to learn from these devs? One could only hope these developers go their own way and get jobs with other companies to futher thei own learning and skill set, then when they've got some decent experience and better skills they can reunite and try again. As for choosing wisely? One doesn't expect a demo/trial to be one thing and then the full game to be the complete opposite. Did you ever buy anything before youtube reviews and videos? C'mon man, seriously, an unfinished game shouldn't be on the marketplace, fullstop. That falls back on MS.
Also, hear me you did, or else you wouldn't have replied, but here is not the same as hear. an people have gotten poor with grammar, in fact it's beyone poor.
First of all apologies for that last bit of poor grammar late nights get to me.

Secondly EVERY SINGLE GAME that is ever released Arcade/retail is unfinished hence the need for updates and patches or are you that stupid?

Ive never played GoW?? Haha you must know me so well then _ tit, fuck would you know what ive played and what i haven't? Surely you cant be that much of an arrogant dick? maybe you are tho.....

Flame about this game all you want, once the patch is released it'll be fine and still is worth the MSP in my opinion! Now thats a FACT!

No doubt you'll come back with some long arse boring story of how wrong i am, making it as long as possible just to make yourself sound intelligent haha bless you tho
Rezzurekted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #39
Gageamatron
 
Gageamatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West
Posts: 433

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinzone View Post
This game is garbage. Anyone who says it's not is somehow affiliated to the designers (for marketing and loving support)...
You should be grateful anyone wanted to read all your "valid points" when you start a thread like this...

First of all you start with a blatant derogatory remark about the game. Then you have the nerve to say anyone who doesn't agree with you is either getting paid or affiliated with the designers. This is the definition of troll.

Maybe you're paying others to come on this forum and agree with you? See how ridiculous that sounds?
__________________

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #40
i fist brown i
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,126

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
It doesn't work that way here trust me. i saw you use the multi quote button, so why aren't you using it now? all i can say is don't be surprised when those posts get deleted or fixed. you don't quote people in one post, and then decide that you're going to post 2 or 3 times consecutively. look around..... do you see other people doing that? (besides the noobs of the site) who don't know any better.

honestly!?!? you're making way to big a deal out of this! He's on his phone, and quite possibly when he multiquoted(?) he was on his computer.

I'm on my computer right now, but most the time I'm on my android (very first one) and it is miserable to try and post on it...

I disagree with the OP because all arcade games come with a trial plus plenty of reviews have been published on this game, and every review points out the same issues the OP is pointing out, its more so his fault for purchasing a game without some research. Hopefully, he learned his lesson and will learn that developers today will PUT ANYTHING out on the market, no matter how many issues the game may have!

Last edited by i fist brown i; 05-06-2012 at 09:11 PM.
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #41
Annalie
 
Annalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2,027
Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
honestly!?!? you're making way to big a deal out of this! He's on his phone, and quite possibly when he multiquoted(?) he was on his computer.

I'm on my computer right now, but most the time I'm on my android (very first one) and it is miserable to try and post on it...

I disagree with the OP because all arcade games come with a trial plus plenty of reviews have been published on this game, and every review points out the same issues the OP is pointing out, its more so his fault for purchasing a game without some research. Hopefully, he learned his lesson and will learn that developers today will PUT ANYTHING out on the market, no matter how many issues the game may have!
No, if he can post. then he can delete or edit as well. and it wasn't the same post over and over... he was making several different posts but posting them one after the other. hence why i noticed and said something about the edit/multi quote button. because seeing one person post so much consecutively is annoying. and it's not allowed. plus he did it a whopping 9 times. HELLO? go to the first page and you'll still see the examples..

if posting on a phone is a hassle then i would suggest waiting till they get home and use their PC, if they are not going to bother fixing their posts on the phone.

anyways a mod came and cleaned up most of his and some others post's so it's not an issue anymore. i guess he has learned from his mistake because he is back to using the multi quote button.
__________________



Last edited by Annalie; 05-06-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #42
meltinzone
 
meltinzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 87

meltinzone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghsbe View Post
I completely concur with this.
Then you'd see how he agrees with someone about points I made in the OP as he himself had them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzurekted View Post
EVERY SINGLE GAME that is ever released Arcade/retail is unfinished
Yes in this day and age, definitely, to some extent. But before the internet was in almost every house, think back to San Adreas type years and before. Back then games had to be held to some standard before they were released. Now the standard doesn't exist. As i fist brown i below points out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzurekted View Post
once the patch is released it'll be fine
I doubt the first patch will get everything addressed in my OP, most patches these days miss things and then have to release multiple other patches just to fix new bugs the first patch/es made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzurekted View Post
No doubt you'll come back with some long arse boring story of how wrong i am, making it as long as possible just to make yourself sound intelligent haha bless you tho
Hahaha, was that short enough for ya champ? ;p though I'm puzzled by the blessings, whether they're said with a false smile all the while hoping the very person you're belssing steps into oncoming traffic.... hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
First of all you start with a blatant derogatory remark about the game.
Only someone heavily invested in this game would take it as a derogatory remark. Everyone else would simply move on and not be offended, unless they are infact a princess with yeast infection in their va.J.J. hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzurekted View Post
Then you have the nerve to say anyone who doesn't agree with you is getting paid
Pretty sure I only insinuated they were getting paid. Though as you mention dollars (pay) a few times in this reply, perhaps you are? Though as you point out, that's about as ridiculous as saying I'd pay others to come on this forum and agree with me. When infact I do not need others to support my views, as the points are valid and strong enough to hold themselves up.[/QUOTE]

[quote=i fist brown i;5053818]most the time I'm on my android (very first one) and it is miserable to try and post on it... [\QUOTE]
+1
[QUOTE=Rezzurekted;5053512]all arcade games come with a trial[\QUOTE]
Have you had a chance to play this games trial man? Or read what others have said about it being too short for the size? Or you have played it but saw no problem with it? If so did you then purchase the full game and still have no problem with th trial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzurekted View Post
plenty of reviews have been published on this game, and every review points out the same issues the OP is pointing out
I take all reviews with a grain of salt now, as someone pointed out in an earlier post, most reviews are *that* persons opinion or the opinion of the agenda they're behind/pushing. Many reviewers don't even go as far to point out what I did in the OP with most games. Perhaps it's time to start reading reviews again considering the half arsed garbage allowed to be released now. Any old school sites good again or they still sell outs? From this angle I take full responsibilty of not reading reviews, but at the same time I don't think it fair of Microsoft to market unfinished games like these on their home pages. Even then, you should still be able to buy a game, whether having read a review or not, and it being held to some live release industry standard. This element I have no control over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzurekted View Post
developers today will PUT ANYTHING out on the market, no matter how many issues the game may have!
This is exactly the entire problem. Microsoft need to step back in and hold games/devs to a release standard and punish/suspend further sales of a game if it's released without metting an industry live release standard (indie game or not). I'd say that's been one of the biggest lessons I've learnt from this endevour, many of today's devs hold no standards for their own work and unless they're forced to do something, most won't. The ones that do, however, go on to work for companies that make new industry standards and get GOTY awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
it's not allowed.
he is back to using the multi quote button.
Sorry, though again, on other forums it is, especially when using mobiles to reply to posts. However since you pointed it out originally, I have only used the multi-quote button and hence waiting till I get to a pc to reply, therefore you can see the delay in my replies.
meltinzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #43
ghsbe
 
ghsbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 176

ghsbe's Gamercard
You sound pretty butt-hurt about it, bro. You should probably calm down and realize that you may not have made the most intelligent purchase, it happens to people regularly.
__________________
ghsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #44
morris69
 
morris69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Posts: 144

Sharingan IxU's Gamercard
This cannot be the first game you've bought and found out that it wasn't what you expected? It happens all the time to everyone. Nobody is forcing you to play it, if you don't like it then just don't play it again. You bought it and when it comes down to it, it's your own fault.

As for me, I don't mind the game, it's great for an arcade game and I'm sure any issues will get patched.
morris69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #45
DROGTURIST
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 628

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
LOL @ multiple posts about fucking double posts, as if anyone on earth cares, yet meltinzone is the one that gets called out for "bitching and whining" on this forum. Irony, do you know it?
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #46
Annalie
 
Annalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2,027
Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinzone View Post


Sorry, though again, on other forums it is, especially when using mobiles to reply to posts. However since you pointed it out originally, I have only used the multi-quote button and hence waiting till I get to a pc to reply, therefore you can see the delay in my replies.
No worries, sorry if i seemed harsh or something. i wasn't trying to be, but you did it 9 times... that's overkill lol. im pretty much OCD to so that may have something to do with it. im glad to see you using the multi quote button.
__________________


Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #47
i fist brown i
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,126

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROGTURIST View Post
LOL @ multiple posts about fucking double posts, as if anyone on earth cares, yet meltinzone is the one that gets called out for "bitching and whining" on this forum. Irony, do you know it?
i hope English isn't your native tongue.
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #48
ghsbe
 
ghsbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 176

ghsbe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
i hope English isn't your native tongue.
That sentence looked pretty decent for an online forum, dude.
__________________
ghsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #49
i fist brown i
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,126

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghsbe View Post
That sentence looked pretty decent for an online forum, dude.
I sense sarcasm.
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #50
DROGTURIST
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 628

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
I'm not sure you know english if you thought that post was bad. And it's good to see that every single person who bought this game is a mature adult!
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #51
i fist brown i
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,126

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROGTURIST View Post
I'm not sure you know english if you thought that post was bad. And it's good to see that every single person who bought this game is a mature adult!
well if you classify your post as perfect English, then you're right!
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #52
hestar
 
hestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jupiter,FL
Posts: 241

Hestar69's Gamercard
This games deff not my cup of tea but I don't think we deserve a refund.I DO think they should patch in an easy difficulty because 1.I am horrible at hack and slash games 2.The limited health packs have me stuck on boss 2 with about 10% health..I mean WTF spawn me with full health or something when I die,I don't want to do the WHOLE level over again.
__________________



hestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #53
meltinzone
 
meltinzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 87

meltinzone's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hestar View Post
I mean WTF spawn me with full health or something when I die
hahaha, that made me lol cause it's true. And this is just 'one' example of unfinished code. Hence why we deserve a refund. Funny part is I don't remember pointing that very issue out, but more generally about lack of health pick ups. Nice to have others seeing the games unfinished code and also running into problems.

I'd bet lots of money if this game was released on a disc, I would have already jumped in the code and patched it myself, just cause it'd be truly funny looking at the back end code and all the holes in it, in fact I bet there's even holes that were started and just abandoned for no real reason, and just like council workers, they probably left it in an untidied/unfinished state. How courteous
Seriously was the code even trimmed or proof read before they started selling it??? I highly doubt it.
meltinzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #54
Arkelios
 
Arkelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France, south
Posts: 10

neil thorne's Gamercard
well, i did read all these posts, started out of curiosity so as to see the comments related to negative critics regarding this game.

thought i would do it for 5 mns, in the end it"s been more like 20

first, i've just finished the story mode on this game, and even though i did not find it to be a "must have", i found it quite pleasent and decent.

i agree that the camera is not perfect, but most third person games have a camera that may be a pain in the ass for some.
the problem is, i think it is impossible to create a camera system in a game that everyone will like and find perfect.

as long as the camera does not prevent you from seeing where you are, and where you go, it doesn't seem to me that it is a problem worth killing the game.

as for bugs and code, well, i have played a lot of games, and found many with more bugs than this one, so once again, the little bugs in blood forge are not enough reason for me to dislike the game, or not finish it.

however, since i am no programmer, it is possible that there are defaults i did not see, or did not care about, as long as i was enjoying myself cutting and mashing trough enemies.

but there is one thing i do not agree on at all with you, is about the demo not being reprensentative of the full game.
the demo was short, yes, like most demos for arcade games, since most of these games are not that long.
but after playing the demo, i was just expecting to fight, run, fight, run, fight, boss kill, next level, fight, run, etc, and finish the game like that.

the power runes, weapons upgrades etc, were not showed in the demo either, and were nice surprises since i expected to play a much more basic game.

it is a pretty basic game, but with a few nice details.

if anything, the demo just gave me a taste of the looks and feel of the game, and of the way it handled.
(not 100% sure if my last sentence is correct, english is not my native language)

and while playing the full game, i can't say i've had any bad surprises,since pretty much everything you see and do in the game is in the short demo, appart from the powers and aditionnal weapons...

in the end, i think it's not a problem about being a noob or not being a noob, it's just that you thought you would have something else than what you found in the demo.

and it's the heart of the problem.
for games, just like for movies, when you get a teaser,trailer, or demo, sometimes you have high expectations, and it ends up spoiling it all for you once you have the final product.

that's why i generally try not to expect too much from a game ( appart from a few exceptions for which i know for sure i won't be disappointed ).

so, Blood Forge took me around 5 or 6 hours to complete the story mode, i did not find it to be too easy or too difficult once i figured out a few tricks, and the 1200 MSP i spent are well spent in my opinion, and i believe that if you feel you need a refund, it is because you expected too much from it.

the developpers may not be the greatest from what i gather, but a game is never all about its technical completion and performances, it is about the fun you have or not playing it.
one of the worst rated games on xbox, superman returns, for instance, i knew it was considered shitty by everyone, i still bought it, ( used, for 5 bucks ), and even though i found it to be ugly, short, with a story that does not make much sense, etc, i still enjoyed myself a little.
flying around metropolis, puching enemies, using the eye lasers etc.
even though it is a bad game, it allowed me to enjoy myself for a few hours.

on the opposite side, a game with great critics all around, bayonetta, i did not like it at all, from the begining.
i played the demo and did not like it, bought the game cause a friend of mine was insisting that it was much greater than the demo showed, and it's been a pain in my ass to play through it.
not for the difficulty, but just because i did not like the character, story, gameplay, etc.

doesn't mean that it s a bad game or i deserve a refund, it just means this game was not meant for me, that's all.

guess blood forge was not meant for you at all

and one last thing, regarding health pickups, there are not many of them around, but by the end of the game i had a reserve of 3 medium and 3 large health pickups, and still did not use them all.
even if i don't consider myself to be very good at this game, if people have a problem due to the lack of health, the simplest thing is to just keep them for bosses, since you don t need them otherwise.
there are many checkpoints, almost after every single battle, so it's better to die, and respawn with half your health, and have a couple of health runes in your inventory for the boss, than wasting them immediately and find yourself facing a boss with your pants down.
__________________
A bullet always tells the truth

Last edited by Arkelios; 05-11-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Arkelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #55
Gageamatron
 
Gageamatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West
Posts: 433

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hestar View Post
This games deff not my cup of tea but I don't think we deserve a refund.I DO think they should patch in an easy difficulty because 1.I am horrible at hack and slash games 2.The limited health packs have me stuck on boss 2 with about 10% health..I mean WTF spawn me with full health or something when I die,I don't want to do the WHOLE level over again.
Pretty sure the game gives you a bit more health when you die. If it gave you full health then it would be way too easy.

I did however have this same problem. Stuck at the second boss very little health, but all you have to do is run around and shoot arrows.

Not exactly sure why this constitutes as "unfinished code". But meltinzone seems like the kind of person to blame user error on this "unfinished code" business.
__________________


Last edited by Gageamatron; 05-12-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #56
Annalie
 
Annalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2,027
Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
Pretty sure the game gives you a bit more health when you die. If it gave you full health then it would be way too easy.

I did however have this same problem. Stuck at the second boss very little health, but all you have to do is run around and shoot arrows.

Not exactly sure why this constitutes as "unfinished code". But meltinzone seems like the kind of person to blame user error on this "unfinished code" business.
It seems that many of us had that same problem. i also made it to the second boss with next to no health and no healing herbs.

so i just used the bow and arrows. it was a life saver because the second boss is a bastard. other than that i had no issues with health because the game is easy.
__________________


Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #57
judogrrl
 
judogrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Napa, California
Posts: 162

judogrrl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furijen View Post
Reading these comments still make me want to buy it. I didn't think the demo was that bad.
I agree; I bought the game after trying the demo as well. that's the purpose of demos anyway, right? It's not perfect, in fact far from it.
Try before you buy; I learned that the hard way buying absolute crap just because it looked good or was on sale. As with Skyrim after they patched it I'm sure these issues will be at least improved.
__________________
judogrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #58
Coojo78
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 155

Coojo78's Gamercard
The fact is the game has potential but needs ALOT of work. Let's not turn chicken shit into chicken salad.
Coojo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #59
CHIRUNO99
 
CHIRUNO99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,286

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Having a look on Metacritic (for some reason) there aren't a lot of people which gave this game a positive review, well except OXM but they only seem to rate games on their exclusivity to the Xbox 360. Having only played the trial I only spent 5 minutes realising the game felt clunky and slow, nothing like the better Spectacle Fighters I've played, like Bayonetta and Asura's Wrath. Hopefully the dev team will react to the criticisms it's receiving and either go to fixing all of the bugs, remaking the whole game or at least trying their hardest to just help, somehow.

Also the whole large trial download is just convenience, it's easier to make everyone download the whole game in one go and if they like it they can buy it in one button and keep playing. It'd be good to just download a small file for a small part of the game but that would be too convenient.
__________________


Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #60
HellspawnRei
 
HellspawnRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greece
Posts: 743

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just download the demo/trial next time,no need to overact.
__________________
HellspawnRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
beta, bloodforge, develop, poor, xbla

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 PM.