PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Gotham City Impostors
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Smoochy

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How is this?

I've been really tempted lately to buy this game. However, I've heard from many people that it gets really boring, really fast.

Just curious as to what everyone's opinions are on it. It looks like a blast, but I haven't played it myself.
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Dl the trial, find out for yourself

IMO the games great, if you liked team fortress you'll like it. But if there's a demo there is no reason to not play the demo before asking opinions on the game. Play the freaking demo

Last edited by ofay; 05-01-2012 at 09:23 PM.
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Smoochy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
Dl the trial, find out for yourself

IMO the games great, if you liked team fortress you'll like it. But if there's a demo there is no reason to not play the demo before asking opinions on the game. Play the freaking demo
Had no idea it was a crime to ask for opinions on this game before downloading the demo.

Chill out.
Smoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
Belvik

Belvik's Gamercard
I got it on launch and still play it. Think I've got something like 170 hours played and not bored with it. There are occasional matchmaking issues and no host migration. The weapons and gadgets are fairly well balanced, with just a couple things that could be considered OP. Trying the demo is probably your best bet though.

Belvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoochy View Post
Had no idea it was a crime to ask for opinions on this game before downloading the demo.

Chill out.
It's not, but why not try a demo see what you like, don't like. See if what you don't like is in the game a lot?

Try forming your own opinion on something then see if it's close to others before you ask someone to form it for you.

Most people who are still posting in this forum probably really like the game and will tell you it's great, it is. Does that mean you will think it is?No.
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
Flesh-Dryer

mr godlike's Gamercard
got the trial just to mess around while I was waiting for halftime during mavs/thunder playoff game... ended up buying it after my second or third match.

Told my friend to try the trial, now he bought the game as well and we've had a lot of fun.

Try the trial. You get like an hour to test it out I think. It's fun as hell
Flesh-Dryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

I'm sorry to disagree with everyone else in this thread, but you shouldn't download the Demo...

Just buy the game!!!
It's a rather good game, specially for fans of team based shooters (though you can have as much fun being a lonewolf).

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
True.Mister.Six

True Mister Six's Gamercard
I've enjoyed it greatly - I purchased it at launch and played it as recently as tonight.

I've slowed down a little recently, but that's mostly because I'm now over lvl 100 and have 175/200 GS, however, even with no drive for achievements I play a few rounds because it's good fun.

I like stat-y stuff, which it has in spades for exp to lvl up, and loads of variety with all the weapons/gadgets/equipment etc to keep you on your toes and suits a range of gameplay types.

It's pretty wacky too, which gives it an interesting tone and some refreshingly differ tactics to play around with in game too.

Worth it entirely.
True.Mister.Six is offline   Reply With Quote