PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Sniper Elite V2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
Melysman

Melysman's Gamercard
Wine bottle and gold bar reset on continue??

Yesterday I played through the first level collecting gold and wine bottles and got to a save point. Today I turned the game back on to find that my point where I was in the level was saved ,but my gold bars and wine bottles were reset to zero. I went back to see if what I had already collected was where I had found it originally and they were all gone. My question is, eventhough My counter says zero do the collectables that I already picked up still count as collected?
Melysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
Melysman

Melysman's Gamercard
Anyone????
Melysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
diesel98a

diesel98a's Gamercard
not sure i didn't have the problem, i always played a level collecting what i could of the collectables and then i would replay the level to collect the ones i missed, i always used the mission select after playing the first mission.....
diesel98a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:48 PM   #4
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have the same problem. I played halfway through the second mission, the one in the V2 facility, and collected all gold bars and wine bottles up until I set the first explosive. I had 7 gold bars and 2 wine bottles. I got a save icon and quit out. Today Iloaded my game up and iI was in the same spot, collected the next gold bar and saw 5/10 gold bars collected. My wine bottles still match, but my counter is short by 3 gold bars. I ran around to previous oones and they aren't there anymore. To add to that, both the level counter for gold bars and the total counter for gold bars is off by 3, so I have 7/10 for the mission now and 17/100 total.

I was under the impression that collectibles are saved immediately after getting them, cause if I die, I don't have to recollect anything. Anyone else have this problem or find a fix for it? Any idea if my achievement for gold bars is going to be screwed?
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 02:25 AM   #5
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Seriously, no one else is having this problem? It has happened to me literally every time I've loaded up my saved game after my initial session. Loaded the second mission a second time and my gold bar and bottle counters both dropped off once again. Played the third mission last night until I got to the museum, saw the saving icon and quit out after getting 6/10 gold bars and 3/4 bottles in that mission. Now I load my game back up tonight, I'm standing in the exact spot where I quit out last night, but with 0/10 gold bars and 0/4 bottles, and none are back to collect again.

This game is broken as fuck.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #6
dvdubb

DVDUBB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melysman View Post
Yesterday I played through the first level collecting gold and wine bottles and got to a save point. Today I turned the game back on to find that my point where I was in the level was saved ,but my gold bars and wine bottles were reset to zero. I went back to see if what I had already collected was where I had found it originally and they were all gone. My question is, eventhough My counter says zero do the collectables that I already picked up still count as collected?
Finished the game last week, and only had that happen to me on the last level..collected the final bottle and gold bars and then quite the game after I saw the save icon...came back the next day and lost about half the collected items from that level..since my checkpoint was beyond a bottle I would have restart the level (but since I already had the items it didn't matter), but yes, seems like a glitch of some sort.
dvdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Well my conclusion, for anyone else who has this glitch happen to them, is that you just CANNOT quit out in the middle of a mission or you'll lose collectibles and be screwed out of the achievements. So during collectible runs, you must finish each mission in a single sitting. I deleted all my game data and started from scratch (thankfully I was only on the 4th mission). Unfortunately now I can't play unless I know I'll have enough time to play an entire mission so I don't risk getting screwed yet again. Periodically copy your saved game to the Cloud or an external storage device so that if the glitch happens and you have to delete your game data, at least you can copy over your saved game so you don't have to start from scratch. That's what I'm going to do.