PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 12
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #31
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
^ Indeed.
The Any position should be mandatory for Pro Clubs.
These guys make their pros, plaster their gamercard with "true tekkers" bullshit yet all I see is them controlling one player while the game does the rest of the work for them. If I want to be outplayed by the CPU I'd just play a good game of single-player on World Class.

Also, player-controlled Keepers should have no assistance once they reach a certain level. God damn easy mode for bad players if ever I saw it.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #32
martdude16

KILL3R N4SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Retards who can't play so have to get the AI to defend for them in Pro Clubs
The AI are slow, dumb and can be passed easily; It's not an advantage having the AI. The reason I play without an any is because it is a refreshing change from the regular FIFA game modes and it's more fun controlling your own Be-A-Pro. If I wanted to play as or against someone who controlled every player on the pitch (bar other pro's) I'd play Head-to-head or most of the other game modes.

martdude16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #33
Warstorm Lord

Ultimate Team
Bugs
Glitches
Warstorm Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #34
MaartenZ

Especially in the Be-a-pro mode once you go online against other pro clubs, it sometimes feels like a complete different game engine. AI defends bad and doesnt take over eachtothers tasks in defence, the goalkeeper is very weak.

And i personally think that once you play a clubmatch, the server should match teams both with or without a player controlling the any.
MaartenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #35
xsinghstax

Militant84's Gamercard
You can be the fastest player in pro clubs yet the cpu defenders catch up to you like Usain Bolt :s
xsinghstax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #36
nwinston

The penalty shootouts are fucking bullshit. I'm pretty I have never won one. All my players are fucking tired, and it's impossible to get the green. I tap the shoot button and aim down, but I end up pulling a fucking Sergio Ramos anyway.
nwinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #37
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinston View Post
The penalty shootouts are fucking bullshit. I'm pretty I have never won one. All my players are fucking tired, and it's impossible to get the green. I tap the shoot button and aim down, but I end up pulling a fucking Sergio Ramos anyway.
Fuck fuck fuck fuckitty fuck ,that sir does not make your post more impressive it just makes you look like a mongoid .if you can not do a simple thing like hit the green in PS please never play a fruit machine ever,if i can score them with bronze players with 48 rating's im sure you can with good players .

I will admit the pen system is somewhat gay and the old way was much better,we should be a option to pick which one we wish to use..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #38
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Quote:
^ Indeed.
The Any position should be mandatory for Pro Clubs.
These guys make their pros, plaster their gamercard with "true tekkers" bullshit yet all I see is them controlling one player while the game does the rest of the work for them. If I want to be outplayed by the CPU I'd just play a good game of single-player on World Class.

Also, player-controlled Keepers should have no assistance once they reach a certain level. God damn easy mode for bad players if ever I saw it.
It's called pro clubs. Why would anyone want someone controlling the entire team? Besides, the A.I. are the cause of just about every goal we concede. There are only two of us so so we don't really want to be an any and it's no fun anyway. You look at their stats and they look quite good. Then you see them play. It's like they don't know how to sprint. Amongst other things. And the keeper has the reactions of a slug. Occasionally they make a good pass or score a goal. But that's it.

Last edited by DJConnelly; 07-28-2012 at 03:45 PM.
DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #39
!xobile

bloodred123's Gamercard
the most annoying thing about fifa 12 is the entire game

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/55827086 - Andy Carroll
!xobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #40
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJConnelly View Post
It's called pro clubs. Why would anyone want someone controlling the entire team? Besides, the A.I. are the cause of just about every goal we concede. There are only two of us so so we don't really want to be an any and it's no fun anyway. You look at their stats and they look quite good. Then you see them play. It's like they don't know how to sprint. Amongst other things. And the keeper has the reactions of a slug. Occasionally they make a good pass or score a goal. But that's it.
You ask why you'd want someone controlling the entire team, then gave all the reasons why. HerpaDerp. Would you like some ice cream now?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #41
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Quote:
You ask why you'd want someone controlling the entire team, then gave all the reasons why. HerpaDerp. Would you like some ice cream now?
Why must people type this nonsense.you are also from the UK ACT LIKE IT..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #42
DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Quote:
You're saying you're getting outplayed by the CPU. The retarded CPU. Who can't string two passes together. I've just listed all the reasons why the A.I need to be improved. So we don't get steamrolled all the time. And I said we don't want to control 'any' because it's pro clubs. I feel there shouldn't be an any option at all. It's about your pro(s). HerpaDerp lolz. I don't even know what that means. Would you like a cookie with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martdude16 View Post
The AI are slow, dumb and can be passed easily; It's not an advantage having the AI. The reason I play without an any is because it is a refreshing change from the regular FIFA game modes and it's more fun controlling your own Be-A-Pro. If I wanted to play as or against someone who controlled every player on the pitch (bar other pro's) I'd play Head-to-head or most of the other game modes.
I might as well have just quoted this guy.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #43
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn201 View Post
Why must people type this nonsense.you are also from the UK ACT LIKE IT..
Sorry, dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJConnelly View Post
You're saying you're getting outplayed by the CPU. The retarded CPU. Who can't string two passes together. I've just listed all the reasons why the A.I need to be improved. So we don't get steamrolled all the time. And I said we don't want to control 'any' because it's pro clubs. I feel there shouldn't be an any option at all. It's about your pro(s). HerpaDerp lolz. I don't even know what that means. Would you like a cookie with that?
You see, I've discovered a massive discrepancy in the consistency of the AI. When we use it, it is retarded beyond belief - for all the reasons you and many others have already said - but when we play against it, out of the blue it's a god damn powerhouse most of the time. The big 6'5 defenders can keep up with our speedy wingers and execute perfectly timed tackles, their passes upfield are flawless, always straight to the feet of an attacker and if any of the AI on our team ever did something like that then we'd be agreeing on more points here but since EA are too fucking stupid to include consistency in a game they've been making for, how many years now?, we're not. Simples. That's why we play an Any, because it means consistency, it's dependable and reliable 100% of the time instead of taking a chance with the AI where it could be 97%, 56%, 3%, 110%, 32%, -3456% with the ridiculously bad programming of this game.

Also, this:
Quote:
Considering the advances video games have made in just the last 20 years I would have expected the sophistication of AI to have evolved beyond reacting to your joypad inputs. It reminds me of times as a child, playing Street Fighter II in the arcade and being met with a Shoryuken to the face every time I jumped at Ken, without fail. Itís exactly the same premise playing against a CPU defence on Pro Clubs. I turn one way, the CPU without any kind of delay, follows me in that direction, I stop and they immediately stop, I show them an inch of the ball and they steal it. I have absolutely no desire to play a mind reader, and considering I am not a masochist (honestly), I never play the AI in 1 v 1 games, career mode or any of that malarkey because I find it boring and totally methodical.

I expect an AI with sophistication, one that scales nicely with difficulty, but never to the point that they become robotic therefore reacting only to the inputs from your fingers; they should react to what you do, but not without delay, and should be prone to misreading you from time to time. There should also be a level of them attempting to anticipate your movement ahead of you doing it.

If the AI had this kind of realism, we would see fewer people using it as a cop-out in Pro Clubs, because lets face it, as it is right now, its ridiculously overpowered. I sit here with actual disgust at the clubs who adopt 5 at the back on ultra defensive with a CPU any
You tell me that bullshit NEVER happens in the this game and gave me solid proof that it's just my friends and I that just so happen to have the misfortune of seeing this and I'll stop right here.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #44
DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Quote:
Sorry, dad.

You see, I've discovered a massive discrepancy in the consistency of the AI. When we use it, it is retarded beyond belief - for all the reasons you and many others have already said - but when we play against it, out of the blue it's a god damn powerhouse most of the time. The big 6'5 defenders can keep up with our speedy wingers and execute perfectly timed tackles, their passes upfield are flawless, always straight to the feet of an attacker and if any of the AI on our team ever did something like that then we'd be agreeing on more points here but since EA are too fucking stupid to include consistency in a game they've been making for, how many years now?, we're not. Simples. That's why we play an Any, because it means consistency, it's dependable and reliable 100% of the time instead of taking a chance with the AI where it could be 97%, 56%, 3%, 110%, 32%, -3456% with the ridiculously bad programming of this game.

Also, this:

You tell me that bullshit NEVER happens in the this game and gave me solid proof that it's just my friends and I that just so happen to have the misfortune of seeing this and I'll stop right here.
Well. Guess we won't have to worry about it anymore seeing as you can now filter it to your preference

Old 08-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #45
Rapturous Rich

For reals? Sweet. It's about time!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #46
DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Quote:
For reals? Sweet. It's about time!
Indeed. Apparently the A.I improves as your club advances in level as well. Looks like they're finally trying.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #47
diddyjosh

Send a message via MSN to diddyjosh

Diddy J0SH's Gamercard
what annoys me is when i am my 5"5 player i have quite good sprint speed yet i can't leave meathead defenders because they are pulling on my shirt pretty much fowling me... yet i never get a free kick -_-
diddyjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #48
Morbido

Quote:
You see, I've discovered a massive discrepancy in the consistency of the AI. When we use it, it is retarded beyond belief - for all the reasons you and many others have already said - but when we play against it, out of the blue it's a god damn powerhouse most of the time. The big 6'5 defenders can keep up with our speedy wingers and execute perfectly timed tackles, their passes upfield are flawless, always straight to the feet of an attacker
Totally agree with this.

Me and the people I play with are all of a decent standard on Fifa, yet when we play against a team without an Any the cpu knows what we are going to do before we do. Despite all of us having VPs with very good stats nothing seems to work and defensively the AI is on God Mode.

One day we decide to play a few games with no Any and their strikers waltz through our defence as if they are not there. Its just the mirror opposite of what we have faced.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #49
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Something I absolutely am starting to hate is the inability of my players to set pressure and take the ball themselves. Everytime I play online, 2 or 3 of the opponents players rush at me and take the ball without being controlled. What do my players do? They just walk along with the opponents waiting for them to pass, leaving the defence pretty much useless

Worst part is I have no idea WTF I have to do to make them put pressure

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #50
DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
Something I absolutely am starting to hate is the inability of my players to set pressure and take the ball themselves. Everytime I play online, 2 or 3 of the opponents players rush at me and take the ball without being controlled. What do my players do? They just walk along with the opponents waiting for them to pass, leaving the defence pretty much useless

Worst part is I have no idea WTF I have to do to make them put pressure
There's nothing you can do. Holding down the contain button just makes them waddle alongside them until they get tired. Contain is just useless. We always end up having to run back to help out. Sticking 5 at the back doesn't seem to help either.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #51
Notoriouz BOB

NoToRiOuZ B O B's Gamercard
Most annoying Thing about FIFA 12

By far the most annoying thing about FIFA 12 is pace abusers.
The amount of goals I have conceded due to two pacey players sprinting down the wing, luring the keeper out (which you have no control over) and passing it across goal for an easy tap into an empty net. It's just far to easy to score.
Notoriouz BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #52
andreborda

Clockser's Gamercard
It's a bit late, but I'm commenting here since I tried the demo for FIFA 13 and most, if not all, of those problems are still there, so I'm not buying it.
I'm so disappointed that I can't almost play it. I'm not very good at it, but I want to have fun with it, and am very sure I'm not the worst player using it. Yet, I can't play H2H, since my defence is basically useless. Only the player I am controlling is actually doing something. Corners are a nighmare, the defenders just stand there, and then people exploiting the ridiculous defence flaws. I don't even get mad at them anymore, I would use them too, its just too easy. So easy that I end most of my H2H games just messing about trying to for once get a GK sent of, or scoring the most OG I can. It's just not fun to play, it's frustrating.

/rant
andreborda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #53
Dico

Deeeco's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreborda View Post
It's a bit late, but I'm commenting here since I tried the demo for FIFA 13 and most, if not all, of those problems are still there, so I'm not buying it.
I'm so disappointed that I can't almost play it. I'm not very good at it, but I want to have fun with it, and am very sure I'm not the worst player using it. Yet, I can't play H2H, since my defence is basically useless. Only the player I am controlling is actually doing something. Corners are a nighmare, the defenders just stand there, and then people exploiting the ridiculous defence flaws. I don't even get mad at them anymore, I would use them too, its just too easy. So easy that I end most of my H2H games just messing about trying to for once get a GK sent of, or scoring the most OG I can. It's just not fun to play, it's frustrating.

/rant
I agree with a lot of that.
I tend to win more than I lose but I never particularly enjoy winning, it's frustrating more than anything. Almost all of the errors are still there in 13 when I played at my mates so after the good year I had with 12 I certainly won't be buying 13 and I can say that for definate.
Dico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #54
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Picked this up just the other day and the only annoying things i've come across so far is on transfer deadline day, every single bid I make gets rejected after making a generous offer for a sub-par player, the "B" button is completely useless when it comes to npower league 2 teams which I play as alot, been a Vale fan.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #55
two twos nah

sullyS96's Gamercard
being lagged out and getting relegated
two twos nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #56
Scarfey88

Scarfe's Gamercard
How you can come up against a crap player, be all over them, having like 20 shots in a half, hitting the bar, post, cleared off the line etc, then the opposition having 2 shots and beating you 2-0. Although, that could be my poor finishing....

When the ball bounces and acts like a polar magnet with your player refusing to run towards the ball.

When you have assisted pass on and it constantly picks the most pathetic pass to make, then you turn it off and your defenders pass to the nearest opposition player despite you pointing the controller to your own player.

How the referee is a brick wall, and if he gets in the way, your player won't run around him but instead will keep running into him.

When people don't skip the pre/post-match footage and replays.

If you leave a game after the final whistle has blown (ie turn xbox off) because you can't be bothered to wait for the opponent who is insisting on watching all the post match footage, regardless of the score, it counts as a DNF and a loss for you.

How it will match you against players that you beat 6/7-0 then in the next breath, match you against players that beat you 6/7-0!

I'm sure I have a few more, but wanted to vent some anger!
Scarfey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #57
yoda12320
Banned User

YODA12320's Gamercard
Ultimate team on the whole feels like it should not even be included in fifa just the same way I feel about nhl hut/madden ultimate team as there just cash cows for EA nothing more. They don't even do a good job of making them balanced, in that cpu gets away with most bs from the refs are you are always called on fouls/offsides. And all of the sudden the ai ramps up the difficulty if you go on a winning streak and does the fancy foot work/passes on amateur lol.
yoda12320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #58
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Ultimate Team

And this one i'm certain that EA favors Chelsea in this game, everytime i've played against them and won with a league 2 side in Career Mode the game just decides to crash forcing a reset, happens everytime with just that one team.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #59
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Scripting and handicaps. It is FAR easier to concede a goal after scoring, and vice versa. Goals are also far easier to score/concede at the 90' minute mark. EA wants to make the matches "epic", but it takes the thrill out of it when I can just waltz in nearly every time and score a late equalizer/winner. Lmao at them denying it though, it's clearly there.

Handicaps definately exist. I've heard people say it's only online/UT, but I'm pretty sure it's with the AI too. I find it far, far easier to win with Leeds in Career than with Barca. (My Leeds side was promoted, so the level of opposition was similar overall, perhaps more difficult with Leeds).
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #60
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
People only pick Real Madrid online, and Alan Smith.