Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Two Worlds
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-27-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
RougeRogue

rougerogue1's Gamercard
Alchemy Recipes

I thought it might be helpful to have a thread devoted specifically to alchemy recipes, and the logic behind formulating potions (et al) in the game.

First off, it's useful to have your Alchemy skill at 10 (there's a trainer in Rovant Village, west of Tharbakin, to get you started), as this derives the most beneficial results in your end products. Second, if you've fooled around with the system at all, it seems to give the best results to use 10 (the maximum allowed to make one potion) items, meaning you're using several of certain of the items. Third, it seems the key is to use more non-mineral items in your formulation (things derived from plants and animals, such as beaver fat or lavender, or even health or mana restoring potions, as filler) than mineral items (such as diamonds or rubies) in order to make permanent potions (and, since the permanent stat-increasing potions are probably most useful, those are the ultimate goal). And, since we want to use ten items to get the best results, that means 4 minerals, and 6 non-minerals (obviously).

So, let's take a look at a few sample recipe combinations, just to get us started:

Ingredients: 5 diamonds, 1 lavender, 4 ghoul brains
Results in: +50% poison damage crystal

however, by adjusting it just a bit . . .
Ingredients: 4 diamonds, 2 lavender, 4 ghoul brains
Results in: Permanent potion of +7 willpower, +36 mana, +36 Physical protection, +36 cold protection, +36 fire protection, and +36 lightning protection

and, adjusting one more time . . .
Ingredients: 1 diamond, 1 lavender, 8 ghoul brains
Results in: Permanent potion of +14 willpower, +18 mana, +9 Physical protection, +9 cold protection, +9 fire protection, and +9 lightning protection

or, switching one item . . .
Ingredients: 1 silver, 1 lavender, 8 ghoul brains
Results in: Permanent potion of +14 willpower, +18 mana, +9 cold protection, +9 fire protection, and +9 lightning protection (the silver offers no physical protection)

or, adding one item . . .
Ingredients: 1 silver, 1 opal, 1 lavender, 7 ghoul brains
Results in: Permanent potion of +12 willpower, +18 mana, +9 Physical protection, +9 cold protection, +9 fire protection, and +9 lightning protection (the opal fills in the physical protection that's lacking in the silver)

. . . so, as you can see, there's some interesting possibilities to be made, and I thought this could be the thread to discuss those possibilities, and come up with the best possible recipes.

Last edited by RougeRogue; 08-27-2007 at 09:06 AM.
RougeRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
RougeRogue

rougerogue1's Gamercard
Oh, also, in order to make permanent potions, one can ONLY include ingredients with permanent effects, none can be temporary, or so my trials have led me to believe.

Additionally, just to get this out of the way for people, a bomb can be made as follows:
Ingredients: 1 mica, 1 calcite, 1 haematite
Results in: Ripper Trap bomb doing 675-825 piercing damage, 450-1,050 slashing damage (though, there are easier bombs to make, using JUST mica and calcite (which results in a poison bomb), for instance)

. . . I'm guessing that, in order to make bombs, one must use only temporary ingredients, and use more mineral than non-mineral in the formulation (please, correct me if I'm wrong?).

Last edited by RougeRogue; 08-27-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
MrRedrum

xxLinoleumKnife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
you are correct. Also you need to have items in there that deal out -HP as in items that say "Poison -100HP." Otherwise, if they are less than -100HP they will result in creation of a trap.

MrRedrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:38 AM   #4
RougeRogue

rougerogue1's Gamercard
The alchemy system seems to be more simple than I initially gave it credit for -- in order to produce the most effective potions, simply concentrate on the same attribute, using the principles I've already outlined. For instance:

If you want to make the most effective, permanent strength-increasing potion, do this:
Ingredients: 4 pearls, 6 saffron (thus, 4 minerals and 6 non-minerals, both of which accentuate strength)
Results in: Permanent potion of +46 strength, +72 cold protection

For vitality, use 10 beaver fat . . . willpower, use 10 ghoul brains and/or northern frostroot . . . dexterity, 10 fox liver and/or centaurium . . . mana, use 10 werewolf spinal core (which boosts more than the lavender).

The thing to keep in mind is: If you don't have 6 non-mineral items to compliment whatever stat/protection boosting mineral you're using, just use 4 of the minerals you wish to use, and 6 mana or health potions, to round out the ten (getting full benefit from the 4 minerals).

Oh, if you're lucky enough to get Unicorn Horns, use as you see fit, but their biggest boost is to vitality, so you might want to combine with the beaver fat.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:12 AM   #5
RougeRogue

rougerogue1's Gamercard
Notes on two more items that might not be obvious, given what's been mentioned before about minerals vs. non-minerals:

One can use 10 unicorn horns to make one potion (and, QUITE a potion, at that).

One can use 10 Earth Elemental Crystals (from Lava Dragons) to make one potion, as well.

Also, if you don't wish to wait to get 10 (or, 4, in the case of minerals) of an item to make a potion out of that kind of item, you can always supplement what's missing with mana or health potions. For instance, 10 Earth Elemental Crystals will yield a permanent potion of +450 physical protection, while 1 Earth Elemental Crystal mixed with 9 mana potions (any kind) will yield +45 physical protection, exactly 1/10th, so nothing is lost if you don't want to wait to get a group of 10 of any item.