PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
Askeroth

Game Save Progress?

I'm sorry if I confuse people with this. I like to keep my system's files neat and organized, and when I'm done playing a game, I delete any "extra" saves from my system. I always keep the main save, but some games don't create main saves. The original Toy Soldiers, for example, seemed to keep track of your progress through some other means, without creating a central save file.

However, this game creates about a dozen dummy "rewind" saves. I completed the game when it first came out, getting all of the achievements at the time, but I then proceeded to delete the rewind saves because I figured I didn't need them anymore. They were saves made by the game to let you rewind missions, after all. But it turned out, after playing the game today in order to get the DLC achievements, I checked my original progress and everything went back to square one. No missions completed. No decorations unlocked.

I still have the achievements, but I liked having the game "beaten". Now, it looks like I've never played it. So can somebody tell me how this game keeps track of your progress? Did one of the rewind saves I deleted actually contain my data? I didn't want to lose everything and I'd prefer not to repeat it again, but I still don't want twelve dummy saves lingering about.

Edit: I went ahead and deleted all of the rewind saves again. It didn't cause me to lose track of my progress on the DLC missions. So I'm not sure what caused me to lose my progress on the main game. Has anybody else lost their progress?

Edit II: Also, I seem to have two entries for "Toy Soldiers: Cold War" in my system's memory. One for the primary game and the saves, and the other for the two pieces of DLC. Normally, downloaded DLC goes into the main game's "folder", so why is it creating its own folder in this instance? Is it like that for everyone? Annoying.

Last edited by Askeroth; 05-07-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Askeroth is offline   Reply With Quote