PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Nitnoid
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,729

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Similar games to Minecraft

I know not everyone has a PC to play these games, but I've found a few on Steam that are similar in nature. Some have been called Minecraft 'clones' but they aren't really.

1. Rust - Open world survival game. Took out the zombies and its just animals and PvP. Building structures and collecting wood and stone and crafting are about the closest you'll get to similarities. Very pretty game.

2. 7 Days to die - About the closest game to a Minecraft clone. With infected mobs. You can mine, craft, build and fight creatures to survive. The infected get very aggressive at night and will tear your structures down. And, YOU WILL DIE. A lot. But only lose stuff in your hotbar.

3. Starbound - Definitely a Terraria clone. Zillions of planets in outer space are at your disposal. Highly addictive.

All of these are still in alpha and subject to change, but really cheap compared to console games.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
Rose Knight789
 
Rose Knight789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 250

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
These aren't the only games similar to minecraft, I've seen at least 4 other ones that are similar. Rust would be a lot better to play than minecraft on the xbox one. Unless they add servers on the console edition it will just plain suck.
__________________
"We are ghosts, that have no place to haunt. Non-existing phantoms."

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
Nitnoid
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,729

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Knight789 View Post
These aren't the only games similar to minecraft, I've seen at least 4 other ones that are similar. Rust would be a lot better to play than minecraft on the xbox one. Unless they add servers on the console edition it will just plain suck.
These are only the 3 I've been mucking around with but if you know of more, be sure to mention them. Since most are alphas, its hard to keep interested for too long until updates come along.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:56 AM   #4
Rose Knight789
 
Rose Knight789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 250

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
I know of at least 3 indie game titles that were substitutes on the xbox 360 until minecraft came out. Those were Castle Miner, Castle Miner Z, and total forge. I've played z and it's okay but boring seeing as it's an indie game and lacks a lot of things in it.
__________________
"We are ghosts, that have no place to haunt. Non-existing phantoms."

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
tripleb2k
 
tripleb2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 1,491

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Go to the App store and you'll see a bunch of rip-offs. They all look terrible but they have hoarding which is a big deal in Minecraft.
__________________




tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
Nitnoid
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,729

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
Go to the App store and you'll see a bunch of rip-offs. They all look terrible but they have hoarding which is a big deal in Minecraft.
Yeah, I've perused the stuff that's been there a while. I guess I'm more interested in newer games coming down the pike. SO many new games on PC it just turns me off playing consoles anymore. Seems like we get more top-down shooters and platformers from indies than anything else.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:25 PM   #7
Emperor 95
 
Emperor 95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Birmingham, U.K.
Posts: 1,568
Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Isn't Starcraft from the Terraria devs?
__________________
Emperor 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #8
RDrules
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,770

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor 95 View Post
Isn't Starcraft from the Terraria devs?
Starbound :P starcraft is a different game entirely, yes and no. It is made by a different studio but Tiyuri, the lead designer was a sprite artist on terraria

ontopic though I wouldnt call any of these minecraft like really, they share crafting and survival elements but are all very different games

however they dont exist yet, every one of these games are "early access" and my advice is dont trust them or a year down the road its possible you could have a game thats buggy broken and never going to be updated again
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
Emperor 95
 
Emperor 95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Birmingham, U.K.
Posts: 1,568
Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
Starbound :P starcraft is a different game entirely, yes and no. It is made by a different studio but Tiyuri, the lead designer was a sprite artist on terraria

ontopic though I wouldnt call any of these minecraft like really, they share crafting and survival elements but are all very different games

however they dont exist yet, every one of these games are "early access" and my advice is dont trust them or a year down the road its possible you could have a game thats buggy broken and never going to be updated again
Oh my bad. Thinking of Minecraft there.
__________________
Emperor 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #10
Nitnoid
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,729

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
Starbound :P starcraft is a different game entirely, yes and no. It is made by a different studio but Tiyuri, the lead designer was a sprite artist on terraria

ontopic though I wouldnt call any of these minecraft like really, they share crafting and survival elements but are all very different games

however they dont exist yet, every one of these games are "early access" and my advice is dont trust them or a year down the road its possible you could have a game thats buggy broken and never going to be updated again
Like I said in op, most are not like Minecraft, they're being called Minecraft "clones" and the comparison is definitely because of the crafting and building. 7 Days to Die is probably the closest to Minecraft of the bunch. However, Windborne looks like it could be a Minecraft clone on steroids. So, someone playing Minecraft might want to check out some of these games.

As far as early access goes, yes, most are in Alpha testing and change periodically. But most are working well and extremely fun to play. Not to mention cheap. Starbound is probably the cheapest of the bunch and is a Terraria clone. However, you have literally thousands of planets to explore. And since xbox appear to be rather lackluster in newer FUN games of late, at least games remotely similar to Minecraft, these might be something to check out. At least until the next TU comes down the pike.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #11
RDrules
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,770

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Like I said in op, most are not like Minecraft, they're being called Minecraft "clones" and the comparison is definitely because of the crafting and building. 7 Days to Die is probably the closest to Minecraft of the bunch. However, Windborne looks like it could be a Minecraft clone on steroids. So, someone playing Minecraft might want to check out some of these games.
yeah theres certain people mistake anything with any semblance of crafting in was a minecraft clone just like anything with cars and guns in are "gta clones". These people arent worth listening to in general for any kind of game advice

days to die is pretty much a cross between DayZ an minecraft and it could be good eventually if its ever really done.

windborne havent seen much of so cant comment really but its early access to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
As far as early access goes, yes, most are in Alpha testing and change periodically. But most are working well and extremely fun to play. Not to mention cheap. Starbound is probably the cheapest of the bunch and is a Terraria clone. However, you have literally thousands of planets to explore. And since xbox appear to be rather lackluster in newer FUN games of late, at least games remotely similar to Minecraft, these might be something to check out. At least until the next TU comes down the pike.
my point is to warn people about early access, its NOT a good thing to be buying into , you basically buy at your own risk as your paying for something that is unfinished likely to break and may never be released.

trust me... i bought towns on early access, it is not a good idea.

also if people are looking for a minecraft substitute on PC while they wait for the xbox update then why not just buy the better version of minecraft
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #12
Nitnoid
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,729

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
They just updated 7 Days and it isn't really a Minecraft clone anymore. Now its more a survival horror game. You can still build, craft and mine, but that's about where the similarities end now.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 AM.