PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
Sigh.. Game freezing up..

OK So I picked the game up today and started playing and have gotten through the part where you have to get to the castle walls after ducking the dragon and have the quest 'Find a way inside the temple grounds' and no matter what I do, I start going down into the town and before I pass the 2nd or 3rd flight of stairs down, the game locks up EVERY single time. I installed both disks to the HD, I cleared the cache and downloaded the update again and am now about to try deleting the 1st disk from the HD but this has happened about 5 times now in the same spot. Has anyone else encountered this?

Difficulty curve is high-ish but not impossible, just need to learn a new way of playing and I love the graphics and feel of the game but i can't f-ing play it.
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae200 View Post
OK So I picked the game up today and started playing and have gotten through the part where you have to get to the castle walls after ducking the dragon and have the quest 'Find a way inside the temple grounds' and no matter what I do, I start going down into the town and before I pass the 2nd or 3rd flight of stairs down, the game locks up EVERY single time. I installed both disks to the HD, I cleared the cache and downloaded the update again and am now about to try deleting the 1st disk from the HD but this has happened about 5 times now in the same spot. Has anyone else encountered this?

Difficulty curve is high-ish but not impossible, just need to learn a new way of playing and I love the graphics and feel of the game but i can't f-ing play it.
That sounds like you might have a defective disc to me. I've never heard of anyone running in to this problem in the Witcher 2. Random lock ups can sometimes be caused by bad coding in the programming. If that's the case it will happen to multiple people in the exact same situation. But since I've never heard of this problem before today I have to assume it's your game disc. Try examining it to see if there is a tiny scratch on it. If there is then you should replace it with a new one. If that's not the problem then I'm not sure what it could be.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
^^ Agreed. Either bad disc or problem with your console.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
WolfmanStarrk

WolfmanStarrk2's Gamercard
Seconded here, best thing to do is check your disk for scratches and if the Disk is fine then your system might be starting to die. Before my old xbox croaked on me, my games would freeze up from time to time.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
dogtrainer82

OUTDOORSMAN82's Gamercard
doesn't matter if its the console or disc the game sucks lol
dogtrainer82 is offline   Reply With Quote