PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #301
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
I muted the video and made sure to warn anyone who may watch that
yeah ive seen them before though, they did a survival game with the yogscast a not long ago

never been so happy to see someone get killed in a computer game
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:08 AM   #302
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Finally, FINALLY, after digging out a what can only be called a parking lot sized area three blocks high a slime showed up. Now I've gotten six slimes, and I'll be glitching the shit out of them to get my sticky pistons.

So tonight, if only for a moment, the bitching thread, is the success thread!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

Last edited by JeremyVersion1; 08-03-2012 at 03:09 AM.
JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #303
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Finally, FINALLY, after digging out a what can only be called a parking lot sized area three blocks high a slime showed up. Now I've gotten six slimes, and I'll be glitching the shit out of them to get my stick pistons.

So tonight, if only for a moment, the bitching thread, is the success thread!

Yes! Yes! Yes!
How do you glitch? Could I do that for diamonds? I only found 11 in my world...

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #304
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonsGoMOO View Post
How do you glitch? Could I do that for diamonds? I only found 11 in my world...
I intend on deleting the cache and going offline to do the original, easiest glitch.

There are glitches after the patch, but they all seem to be hit or miss, whereas this one works perfectly, provided you don't have the updates on the system.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:09 AM   #305
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Quote:
I intend on deleting the cache and going offline to do the original, easiest glitch.

There are glitches after the patch, but they all seem to be hit or miss, whereas this one works perfectly, provided you don't have the updates on the system.
I'm sorry but I don't understand it. I have a hearing problem and I can't enjoy YouTube or videos as much as I would like to.

Could you explain it really quickly for me? I'd appreciate it.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #306
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't understand it. I have a hearing problem and I can't enjoy YouTube or videos as much as I would like to.

Could you explain it really quickly for me? I'd appreciate it.
This is the best I could find for explaining it in typing. You know, I'm surprised Youtube doesn't have closed captioning now that I think about it.

Quote:
This is the fabled duplication glitch, it involves placing at least two of any *Stackable* (meaning something you can put into a stack of more than one, dirt, cobblestone, diamonds, gold, iron, ect) block into the center of a dispensary.

Once the blocks are in the center of the nine block space, keep the screen open that allows you to interact with placing and taking items.

Now, have a guest (on split screen or over xbox live) or any other player break the dispensary.

Vuala, your five *or more* blocks has turned into a stack of 64. (And you can take the stack from the dispensary)

Now, be careful, if you place the entire stack into a chest at once, IT WILL DISAPPEAR.
But have no fear, we've found a way to deal with that, too!

Simply find yourself a handy dandy chest, and select one of the empty spaces. Now hold down X on that space until you've put all 64 blocks in the chest one by one in that one space, once you reach the final block, KEEP HOLDING X.

Suddenly, the stack of 64 in the chest will be there, but you will have another stack of 64 that you are holding. Rinse and repeat on other empty spaces for INFINITE blocks.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:56 AM   #307
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Quote:
This is the best I could find for explaining it in typing. You know, I'm surprised Youtube doesn't have closed captioning now that I think about it.
Thanks so much. It seems complicated, but I'm sure it's not once I try. I only have one controller, so I'll have to get another, or borrow one.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Yeah, YouTube is a boring place for me to go to, and I hate watching them or having people tell me what to look up. I only go for the songs with lyrics in them, so that's fun sometimes.

Thanks again!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #308
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Thanks so much. It seems complicated, but I'm sure it's not once I try. I only have one controller, so I'll have to get another, or borrow one.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Yeah, YouTube is a boring place for me to go to, and I hate watching them or having people tell me what to look up. I only go for the songs with lyrics in them, so that's fun sometimes.

Thanks again!
That sucks about the not hearing man. As for the glitch, once you get it to work the first time, it becomes super easy to pull off. I'm not proud of using the glitch, but I've only found three diamond blocks since I started the game in May, if not for the glitch, I'd be out. With the slime blocks, I'm saying screw it and glitched the shit outta them!

Old 08-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #309
Terra Branford

Quote:
That sucks about the not hearing man. As for the glitch, once you get it to work the first time, it becomes super easy to pull off. I'm not proud of using the glitch, but I've only found three diamond blocks since I started the game in May, if not for the glitch, I'd be out. With the slime blocks, I'm saying screw it and glitched the shit outta them!
I honestly can't (and won't) knock you for glitching Slime Balls... to be honest with you, Slimes ARE a rare mob, and unless you are insane (which I am), you will NOT spend two weeks making a ~proper~ Slime Farm, only to end up with only two stacks of Slime Balls after two hours of monitoring the area and fighting Slimes.

It's not worth it. It really isn't.

To be honest, I'm finding less and less reason not to "cheat" and resort to glitches... doing everything the "right way" is starting to wear on my nerves... especially considering what a buggy pile of Creeper leavings this game is after the update.

...speaking of, if the bug fix doesn't "fix" the issues I'm having, I'm likely done with this game until they fix Pistons and Redstone systems. I'd rather play on the freaking PC at this point.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #310
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
I honestly can't (and won't) knock you for glitching Slime Balls... to be honest with you, Slimes ARE a rare mob, and unless you are insane (which I am), you will NOT spend two weeks making a ~proper~ Slime Farm, only to end up with only two stacks of Slime Balls after two hours of monitoring the area and fighting Slimes.

It's not worth it. It really isn't.
+10

Old 08-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #311
Terra Branford

Quote:
+10

Okay, THAT was an awesome post. +10 Internets, and three shares of stock in "Awesome Industries".

Also, added details on the bug fix update to the "Update Thread". Let's see how long it takes for people to notice it, and if someone ends up STILL posting a new thread just to tell everyone the contents of the bug fix update. >_>

...wow... I am in a really foul mood today, and it's showing. Time to take a nap.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #312
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Okay, THAT was an awesome post. +10 Internets, and three shares of stock in "Awesome Industries".
I love the meme generator.

Quote:
Also, added details on the bug fix update to the "Update Thread". Let's see how long it takes for people to notice it, and if someone ends up STILL posting a new thread just to tell everyone the contents of the bug fix update. >_>
Man we can update that thread all day, we'll still have about ten new threads pop up from randoms or newbs who think they're the first.

Quote:
...wow... I am in a really foul mood today, and it's showing. Time to take a nap.
Old man!

Old 08-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #313
Terra Branford

Quote:
I love the meme generator.
Heh, I didn't know you used a meme generator... that's cheating. :P

Quote:
Man we can update that thread all day, we'll still have about ten new threads pop up from randoms or newbs who think they're the first.
...*sigh* Sadly, you are correct. But, it is what it is.

Quote:
Old man!
I'm not old... I just never went to sleep last night... and I'm grumpy as a result.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #314
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm okay with it. I only found 11 diamonds and I have like 7 huge caves way underground with ton of lava and water. Dangerous as hell but awesome. I'll probably only glitch the diamonds if I don't find some more before I get my hands on a second controller. Thanks again, appreciate it.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #315
Terra Branford

Frack my life... I had hoped that Bug Update TU4 would fix the "Redstone Torches 'burn out' with repeated use" bug... but no dice. I'm not entirely surprised, since reading over the bugs being taken care of didn't cover anything that ~could~ fix this issue... but I had ~hoped~ it was one of the "undisclosed fixes" that they hinted at.

Oh well... sucks to be a Redstone Engineer, if you're using Redstone Torches on the Xbox 360.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #316
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Frack my life... I had hoped that Bug Update TU4 would fix the "Redstone Torches 'burn out' with repeated use" bug... but no dice. I'm not entirely surprised, since reading over the bugs being taken care of didn't cover anything that ~could~ fix this issue... but I had ~hoped~ it was one of the "undisclosed fixes" that they hinted at.

Oh well... sucks to be a Redstone Engineer, if you're using Redstone Torches on the Xbox 360.
I've only dabbled in the redstone basics (I'm talking really basic) in my nearly two years with Minecraft so forgive me for asking what this is.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #317
Terra Branford

Quote:
I've only dabbled in the redstone basics (I'm talking really basic) in my nearly two years with Minecraft so forgive me for asking what this is.
"Redstone Torch Burnout" (or as me and my circle call it "RTB"), is when a Redstone Torch that ~should~ still be fully functional, suddenly stops "glowing" (as in, it's in an off state), for no reason. And, because it's "in an off state", no power signal can be transmitted through it. The worst part of RTB, is that even if you isolate the burnt out Torches, and replace them, they fault immediately upon the next time you apply a current to them. And ALL Redstone Torches in a world can be hit with RTB at ANY time.

In the most basic Redstone systems (such as just using a Redstone Torch to invert power flow or as a diode), you almost never see RTB happen (you will in "Clock systems" and "Pulsators")...

and you should ~never~ see them in Logic Gates (such as an AND Logic Gate, a NAND Logic Gate, or a XOR Logic Gate)...

and RTB should >never< happen with a T-Flip Flop (a NAND Logic Gate using a Piston to vary the power output of a button interface as a "Toggle" output, instead of a surge output).

But it does. Frequently. I can't claim to be this "Ultimate Redstone Guru" or anything (I'm honestly not), but I have built some seriously complex systems, and have a strong understanding of how they work... and when my systems are faulting, and I consult people who are far more advanced at this than I am... and find they're having the same problem as I am... then it's obvious it's a bug, and not just something I'm "doing wrong".

It's even more frustrating, when I'm working 100% with a Redstone guide (for Beta 1.7.3) from KNOWN Redstone "Celebrities" from the PC side who have adapted their devices to work for the 360 as well... and the device fails after only a few uses.

I'm starting to get highly pissed off with this game, because all that's left for me, to enjoy, is making Redstone Devices. Having RTB STILL happening, after the "Bug Fix", prevents nearly everything I make from working for more than a few minutes... and just ruins the game completely for me.

And there's nothing to "forgive", about you asking a question. Asking questions is how we learn... so it's all good.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #318
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
-snip-
Wow redstone is crazy, I've seen a fair few videos on YouTube of guys that are amazing with redstone and all these things go way over my head

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #319
Terra Branford

Quote:
Wow redstone is crazy, I've seen a fair few videos on YouTube of guys that are amazing with redstone and all these things go way over my head
Redstone used to go over my head, too... until I started to spend serious time working at it. My buddy Blade is even more impressive working with it, than I am (he actually pointed out the RTB bug to me)... and sometimes I spring Redstone devices on him, that impress him (I live for those moments). He got me started on it, and is my biggest "competition" when it comes to making our own unique mechanisms.

Trust me... start playing around more with Redstone, and you'll start to really get the hang of it. You can look up video tutorials from "CNBMinecraft", or from "DocRedstone" in their channels, to get really good pointers, with everything broken down in a way ANYONE can understand.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #320
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:

Was wondering if this is the same bug I appear to be having. I have a row of saplings with redstone & repeaters wired together so that when all trees in the row grow into trees, it fires the pistons to push the trunks out so I can come back and plant more saplings. Sort of a semi-automatic tree farm. The problem is that I have a redstone torch that powers everything and the redstone usually peters out after the 2nd tree when I load a save game. If all trees are grown, I have to remove said redstone torch and put it back again, and then the pistons work.

Same type of thing or different?
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #321
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Was wondering if this is the same bug I appear to be having. I have a row of saplings with redstone & repeaters wired together so that when all trees in the row grow into trees, it fires the pistons to push the trunks out so I can come back and plant more saplings. Sort of a semi-automatic tree farm. The problem is that I have a redstone torch that powers everything and the redstone usually peters out after the 2nd tree when I load a save game. If all trees are grown, I have to remove said redstone torch and put it back again, and then the pistons work.

Same type of thing or different?
Same bug, more or less. ANYTHING that relies on a Redstone Torch, is subject to RTB. That means your semi-automatic tree farm, my T-Flip Flops, everything.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #322
ToxicRequiem

ToxicRequiem's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimSovereignty View Post
The fact that I want to buy it but don't have enough MP yet so I am stuck playing trial lol
I did that for a week until I decided to buy it. Never played Minecraft before...not going to play on PC either. And I won't bother with create mode when it does come because I want to be able to say that I did all of my creations with crude digging and building.
ToxicRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #323
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
2 bitches. First, I was looking at making 3 cricles around my garden in middle of the ocean, 83, 87 and 95 blocks wide. Couldn't make them look good, until ifinally found a website that worked on my phone. Then misplacing blocks in the middle of the ocean was a pain, as it messes up the water flow.

Secondly, I built a singular dirt tower 40 blocks high to admire my work. Saved it on top and thought nothing of it. When I came back the next day, I spawned 2 blocks in front of my dirt tower and died. So I had a mad rush across the map to get my stuff before it disappeared. Managed it without a map too. But still a pain in the arse.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #324
Terra Branford

I've got some good news on the "Redstone Torch Burnout" bug... 4J Steve is looking into it, and trying to find the cause of it.

I'll just post the link to the official Minecraft Forums thread here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ch-troublebug/

I'm really hoping he can isolate the issue, and get it fixed. I'm actually finding myself wanting to play with Pistons and make crazy devices again, so that fix can't come soon enough.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #325
Jordun

JORDY B 123's Gamercard
the fact i'm not creative and i make terrible buildings ahahaha
Jordun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #326
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Hey dude, don't worry about making stuff you think is crap. I started off making the crappiest little wooden huts you could think of. I thought they were awesome until I watched some YouTube vids for inspiration. Made my stuff look extremely crap. Just start small, and work your way up. Join other peoples worlds, watch some vids, and hopefully it will inspire you to make something truly epic. I've just finished a huge ass garden almost 100 blocks wide, using circles, and for me, its pretty freakin awesome. Made it in the middle of an ocean too. Not the most amazing thing you'll ever see, but I like it. Sure you'll make something cool soon.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #327
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Quote:
I've got some good news on the "Redstone Torch Burnout" bug... 4J Steve is looking into it, and trying to find the cause of it.

I'll just post the link to the official Minecraft Forums thread here:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ch-troublebug/

I'm really hoping he can isolate the issue, and get it fixed. I'm actually finding myself wanting to play with Pistons and make crazy devices again, so that fix can't come soon enough.
Good, its been really annoying that redstone doesn't work like it does on the computer. :/
Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #328
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ct0rscarecr0w View Post
Good, its been really annoying that redstone doesn't work like it does on the computer. :/
I'm just wondering *~when~* the potential fix would come. If it's part of the 1.8.2x Beta update... that's fine. If it's ~before~ the update, that means a LOT of people are going to scream bloody murder over "Yet another delay in the update schedule!". And if it's *~after~* 1.8.2x Beta, it might be part of the "between updates" update that was hinted at.

So for all we know... it could be weeks before they figure out what's causing the bug... and even longer before it gets fixed and added to the game.

Either way... I was so excited to see 4J was working on it, that I made a well with a secret entrance, all "Ocarina of Time" like. I haven't really thought of anything awesome to put in the secret area... but I just wanted to get back into using Redstone again... I'd almost forgotten the basics, since it's been so long.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 AM   #329
JeremyVersion1

I didn't know you can't put a torch on top of a wood slab.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #330
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Quote:
I didn't know you can't put a torch on top of a wood slab.
you cant really put anything on a slab, most things just hover over them or wont place at all due to them wanting to be on the air block above
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote