PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #331
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
you cant really put anything on a slab, most things just hover over them or wont place at all due to them wanting to be on the air block above
Ruined my idea for Tiki torches.

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #332
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Ruined my idea for Tiki torches.
If they bring over upside down slabs then you'll be happier as you can place torches on those.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #333
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
If they bring over upside down slabs then you'll be happier as you can place torches on those.
then hed have the same problem with the underside of it :P

surely a tiki torch would just be a fence with a torch on top anyway
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #334
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Neat.

Quote:
But I want that platform bit there. And, can you put a torch on top of a fence?

Old 09-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #335
Terra Branford

Quote:
And, can you put a torch on top of a fence?
Yes. Yes you can. But ONLY on the top of the fence posts... not on the sides (though THAT would be awesome).

As for my bitch... I'm annoyed that I can make much more efficient BUD Switch systems on the PC, than I can on the Xbox... I built a nice "Ice Block Generator" (fully automatic)... but I had to make a redonkulously stupid block handler system, using far too many Pistons, on the Xbox 360, where-as on the PC, I only needed ~two~ Pistons. For some reason the BUD Switch + Handler system would go INSANE whenever it detected flowing water, trying to form a new water source block (with both versions of the infinity pool I use)... but ~without~ the Handler, it wouldn't. Really annoying... but eh, at least I got it working.

...I wonder if I'm the only person to make an Ice Block Generator on the Xbox 360 side... >_>
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #336
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
then hed have the same problem with the underside of it :P

Can't win em' all

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 09-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #337
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I'm currently building east, west and north wings on my ocean garden. I realised as I made the one oval, which is 45x80, that I had made a bad miscalculation, so I had to strip 3/4 of the 7 high walls and rebuild. Only to discover once I rebuilt it, that I had once again miscalculated block placement and redo 1/4 of it. Now its all looking good. Many hours wasted today.

My 2nd bitch is I hid a chest of TNT due to some people destroying an unhabited island with it. Now I need to move a mountain, can I find this chest? Can I hell.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #338
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
I'm currently building east, west and north wings on my ocean garden. I realised as I made the one oval, which is 45x80, that I had made a bad miscalculation, so I had to strip 3/4 of the 7 high walls and rebuild. Only to discover once I rebuilt it, that I had once again miscalculated block placement and redo 1/4 of it. Now its all looking good. Many hours wasted today.

My 2nd bitch is I hid a chest of TNT due to some people destroying an unhabited island with it. Now I need to move a mountain, can I find this chest? Can I hell.

could you not use the tnt/piston glitch? not sure if it will work in your case though...
100% - 26
--
50,000G - May 2013
--
Working On: Loads
--
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #339
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierons316 View Post
could you not use the tnt/piston glitch? not sure if it will work in your case though...
I can use it, but having no TNT to hand is the problem lol. I know its somewhere in my main village, under one of the blocks of gravel that makes up the pathways. Just which block? I'll remember eventually.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #340
Terra Branford

Quote:
I can use it, but having no TNT to hand is the problem lol. I know its somewhere in my main village, under one of the blocks of gravel that makes up the pathways. Just which block? I'll remember eventually.
At least you know you've chosen a good "hiding spot". You hid your chest so well, you can't even find it yourself! THAT is a good spot.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #341
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
At least you know you've chosen a good "hiding spot". You hid your chest so well, you can't even find it yourself! THAT is a good spot.
that or it was so bad that someones already stolen it all
Old 09-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #342
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Is the chest in a void underground? Is there air on at least 1 side? If so, you should be able to spot it with x-ray. You may have to start filling in all voids under your village until you get to the right one. I did that a while back to prevent getting mobbed in my bed at night. Works like a charm.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #343
DecadentBeaver

All I remember, is digging up. A block of gravel, and the dirt block underneath got replaced with a chest full of tnt. Gotta be said, I hide thigs well

Old 09-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #344
Jam66es

dg's Gamercard
I eventually found out the roof was crushing me once I woke up and stood in my bed.

Jam66es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #345
phenixdwn

phenixdwn's Gamercard
just felt the need to bitch that the update isn't out yet.

bitch.
bitch.
bitch!
BITCH!
phenixdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #346
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
All I remember, is digging up. A block of gravel, and the dirt block underneath got replaced with a chest full of tnt. Gotta be said, I hide thigs well
Well, that should narrow it down a bit...
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #347
DecadentBeaver

You'd think it would narrow it down, but my pathways in the village are ALL gravel. No matter, I'll find it. I'll disable saving, grief the shit out of the place and find the TNT that way. Just I have a LOT of the stuff, about 5 stacks, and if it gets into the wrong hands there is much stupidness afoot. Like when my g/f son blew a hole in the mountain behind a water fall which almost took out my house next to it. Then once I finished patching it up, he dug through it. Needless to say, he didn't play on it for a while.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #348
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Bump. Just so everyone knows where it is. Make sure to put yer bitches here.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #349
JeremyVersion1

Just spent an hour going around to the various treasure chests and destroying them, and rebuilding them and replenishing them. They were all blackened out and the alignments were fucked up due to the update. Hopefully this doesn't happen to everyone, as it's a pain in the ass to fix if you have a huge world with multiple bases.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #350
Gary200

Gary200's Gamercard
Quote:
Just spent an hour going around to the various treasure chests and destroying them, and rebuilding them and replenishing them. They were all blackened out and the alignments were fucked up due to the update. Hopefully this doesn't happen to everyone, as it's a pain in the ass to fix if you have a huge world with multiple bases.
I had to do the same with all my chest in my old worlds. Its cause the chest have a new look so you have to replace them all. They look smaller on the outside too.
Gary200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #351
Terra Branford

Just thank whatever God/Goddess/deity that you worship that your Xbox 360 didn't freeze, or your save file corrupt, as has happened to a lot of the people raging over at Gamefaqs.

It's made me decide to not even bother playing with Minecraft 360 until they address the issue... and I even went so far as to say: "#$&@ the 360 version!" and go full PC.

...I even went the distance, and used a downgrader to regenerate the 1.7.3 Beta world I was using, explore a 1,000 x 1,000 area, and "mark it off" at each corner of the map... and then convert the world to 1.3.2 Full. So now I have my world again, free to play with it in either Creative or Survival, without losing anything.

So... yeah... @#$% the 360 version until they can get the game working right. They had HOW many weeks to make sure the same issues that struck the PC players didn't happen on the console version? Yeah... not even going to bother discussing that further... I'm already starting to feel my disgust turn to rage.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #352
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

The beauty of playing the PC version for a couple years is that all these bugs are not a surprise, get to experience them twice though

I get what you're saying though.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #353
RDrules

Quote:
The beauty of playing the PC version for a couple years is that all these bugs are not a surprise, get to experience them twice though

yeah even the bugs are like a trip down memory lane sometimes i think 4J should probably stress some more that these are ports of beta versions to the game
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #354
DecadentBeaver

Even though they are ports, you'd think think they recognised the bugs and issues, and rectified them before release. They have dropped the ball with the existing bugs, like changing the biomes in worlds from previous updates. But, at least creative is in, and we can play in either snow worlds, or water worlds. Gotta be said, I think the seeds I've used so far are all complete shit. Not much in the way of diversity with near enough every wrold I've started looking for a good seed is covered in snow or water.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #355
Terra Branford

Quote:

This is why I had backed up my worlds across two flashdrives, and didn't grab the update. I study my game's history, the updates, bugs, everything... that way the unpleasant surprises can't ruin my experience, and leave me madder than the Ninja Turtles upon learning that Michael Bay is making them "aliens" in his TMNT reboot.

And (because I was hit heavily by nostalgia) I've started work on recreating my 1.6.6 Beta Xbox 360 world on the PC. I even managed to get SPC to keep me listed as a "Survival Single Player" map, so I don't have to have the stigma of "Cheats enabled, Creative" on my file selection screen. Once I get my world 100% re-created, I'll be sticking to Survival mode on it. So far I've got the map 100% plotted (full cartographic mirror of the original SEED), made sure ~all~ my Dungeons are indeed still present on the PC (they are, and the "incomplete Dungeon" turned out to actually have a Zombie Spawner in it, on the PC), and made damned sure that when I left the "original" 864 x 864 section of the world, that it didn't lock up, when going into new Biomes and generating new stuff. I already found a nice Jungle, and I suspect I'll find me a Mushroom Island. ^_^

Quote:
yeah even the bugs are like a trip down memory lane sometimes i think 4J should probably stress some more that these are ports of beta versions to the game
I think 4J needs to warn people about the bugs that are going to be mirrored on the 360 port, from the PC version. They've had WEEKS to warn people: "Your biome data WILL change on old worlds. You WILL see save files locking up the game. You WILL see issues with lighting effects!". If they had taken that extra step, and explained work-arounds to "fix" these issues, people wouldn't be losing their tea all over the community.

I highly doubt that 4J Studios was completely ignorant of the bugs this update brought... and given that they've a userbase of over three million players, it'd be polite to warn them of the issues they would have.

Quote:
Even though they are ports, you'd think think they recognised the bugs and issues, and rectified them before release. They have dropped the ball with the existing bugs, like changing the biomes in worlds from previous updates. But, at least creative is in, and we can play in either snow worlds, or water worlds. Gotta be said, I think the seeds I've used so far are all complete shit. Not much in the way of diversity with near enough every wrold I've started looking for a good seed is covered in snow or water.
This. All of it.

And you should check the "Minecraft SEEDS" sites. There were actually some ~beautiful~ worlds on 1.8.2 Beta. Though... unfortunately, anything shown beyond the mapsize restrictions won't be generated on a 360 map. And, given that people are seeing a lot of "Water worlds", it's obvious they didn't really scale down the sizes of some of the more massive biomes. I pity people who find a Stronghold... only to see HALF of it missing, and hit that darned "invisible wall of nothing" glitch.

Last edited by Terra Branford; 10-17-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #356
DecadentBeaver

I'm starting a new world with the seed hylus, and its quite a good seed so far. Plenty od swamp biome around the middle section of land, a big desert area, and some huge mountains as well.

But Mr Branford, I must say, I bloody love you. The fix you suggested earlier has worked, and my gargamel world is back up and running with no problems since my last post. All Hail MR MiNECRAFT!! Thanks again, it saved me from losing my rag and deleting the world.

4J should have made everyone aware. 4 million people have now bought Minecraft for xbox. 4 million x 1600msp = a lot of money for them. The least they could have done was issue a statement saying "be aware, that the new 1.8.2 update, may cause the biomes in your world to suddenly change, and your game saves to lock up". It would have had some people worried, and rightly so. But that would have given everyone chance to back up their files if they so chose.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #357
Terra Branford

Quote:
I'm starting a new world with the seed hylus, and its quite a good seed so far. Plenty od swamp biome around the middle section of land, a big desert area, and some huge mountains as well.

But Mr Branford, I must say, I bloody love you. The fix you suggested earlier has worked, and my gargamel world is back up and running with no problems since my last post. All Hail MR MiNECRAFT!! Thanks again, it saved me from losing my rag and deleting the world.

4J should have made everyone aware. 4 million people have now bought Minecraft for xbox. 4 million x 1600msp = a lot of money for them. The least they could have done was issue a statement saying "be aware, that the new 1.8.2 update, may cause the biomes in your world to suddenly change, and your game saves to lock up". It would have had some people worried, and rightly so. But that would have given everyone chance to back up their files if they so chose.
I'm glad to hear the fix worked for you. However, I still can NOT stress enough to everyone else that this "fix" ~could~ still break your savefile, and successful restoration of your pre-update savefile is NOT typical. Just because the majority of people I've talked to, about this fix, have had 100% success, doesn't mean that you shouldn't back up your saves first, and shouldn't wait for the official fix.

But, that said, I'm very glad it worked so well for you, and you maintained your world. It does stink that the biomes are all wonky and ugly now, but at least you've got your world back. And for that, I'm glad. I hope this can help other players, too.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #358
DecadentBeaver

Your not the only one that is glad this is fixed. So many people have worked really hard on my world, 95% of which was made on survival, so a lot of hours have gone into it. Would have been a shame to lose it all. I would have been more gutted about losing my Ocean Garden which is coming on in leaps and bounds, and I have been making changes to it.

Thanks once again, and I hope anyone else can use this fix if they're affected by this issue.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #359
Terra Branford

Quote:
Your not the only one that is glad this is fixed. So many people have worked really hard on my world, 95% of which was made on survival, so a lot of hours have gone into it. Would have been a shame to lose it all. I would have been more gutted about losing my Ocean Garden which is coming on in leaps and bounds, and I have been making changes to it.

Thanks once again, and I hope anyone else can use this fix if they're affected by this issue.
Well, even though I still think it's better to WAIT for an officially sanctioned Title Update Patch, before you play pre-update worlds, at least people have a "final resort" option.... so at least you, and your son, and all the people who played on your world, can continue to enjoy it, as it's SUPPOSED to be.

...just with slightly more wonkey biomes. Heh.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #360
trymemf

L22 Furious's Gamercard
Quote:

You're
10char