PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #31
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee! View Post
I didn't have torches in my house because I was unable to find both ingredients for it.
if you have wood, then you have both ingredients. put wood in both sections of the furnace to make charcoal, then combine the charcoal with a stick. BOOM! instant torch!
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #32
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Playing online and connection issues start when I build a block,stand on it and it disappears, while we are building a bridge so I fall to me death
Old 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #33
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee! View Post
I didn't have torches in my house because I was unable to find both ingredients for it. Could that be how he ended up in my house? There was only one path to get into my house, which was highly elevated off the ground, and a trap door that should have stopped it.
yes, monsters spawn in the dark so no torches or other light sources = monsters
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #34
CoffeeAddict5

CoffeeAddict5's Gamercard
My biggest complaint is on occasion my avatar acts like he's carrying too much weight. A small picture of him will show up in the top left hand corner of the screen and he slows way down. It doesn't matter how much junk I'm carrying though, it happens randomly. I even tried having him eat and sleep thinking he may just be hungry or tired, but he wakes the same way. It sucks when it happens in the middle of a fight. It's pretty much a death sentence. If I save, quit, and then reload he's back to normal. Am I just missing something? It never happened to me on the PC.
CoffeeAddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #35
i NatrlKilla i

Killa x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAddict5 View Post
My biggest complaint is on occasion my avatar acts like he's carrying too much weight. A small picture of him will show up in the top left hand corner of the screen and he slows way down. It doesn't matter how much junk I'm carrying though, it happens randomly. I even tried having him eat and sleep thinking he may just be hungry or tired, but he wakes the same way. It sucks when it happens in the middle of a fight. It's pretty much a death sentence. If I save, quit, and then reload he's back to normal. Am I just missing something? It never happened to me on the PC.
It makes you crouch. Useful if you don't want to fall off a block, but as you said, slows you way down.

Black Ops Multiplayer Updates Here

FRANCIS!!!
i NatrlKilla i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #36
CoffeeAddict5

CoffeeAddict5's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by i NatrlKilla i View Post
It makes you crouch. Useful if you don't want to fall off a block, but as you said, slows you way down.
Thanks for this. It's my own fault, but I doubt I would've figured it out.
CoffeeAddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #37
iTs xLuiGi

its xluigi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
yes, monsters spawn in the dark so no torches or other light sources = monsters
does lava count as a light source? like if i were to make a lavafall in my house somehow, could i remove some of the torches?
iTs xLuiGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #38
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTs xLuiGi View Post
does lava count as a light source? like if i were to make a lavafall in my house somehow, could i remove some of the torches?
yes it does, a pretty powerful one at that.

if your going to do it i would make a box for it out of glass since that doesnt burn and lets light pass through
Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #39
iTs xLuiGi

its xluigi's Gamercard
Quote:
yes it does, a pretty powerful one at that.

if your going to do it i would make a box for it out of glass since that doesnt burn and lets light pass through
awesome. i literally have about 100 torches just in the bottom floor of my house, JUST INCASE. didn't wanna go to sleep and wake up to a creeper or anything. but it just doesn't look good. i can deff work a lavafall into it and make it look alot nicer. i'll keep the glass in mind once i get to work on it. thanks.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #40
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

I really wish you could hold a block in your left hand and a tool in your right, like in Total Miner. Makes it easier to build and fix things without having to switch so often. Total Miner spoiled me in that way.

I also wish you could stack meat (haha).

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #41
FPS GLIMMER

FPS GLIMMER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Game freezes waaaay to often. Also It took me five hours to find diamonds, then I die by a creeper and it falls into lava fml.
FPS GLIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #42
XBM Yosho

XBM Yosho's Gamercard
Seven hours of gameplay, Frozen game. Completely wiped out 31 diamonds, 17 gold and several stacks of iron. Four people were playing and all the building, The house, waterfall, water fountain, and everything else is gone.

Autosave feature works as intended but it sucks my fucking cock.

Done, Fuck it.

{UMK3Main-Reptile}
{MK9Main-Sub-Zero}
{SSFIV:AEMain-Ken}
{UMvC3Team-Wolverine,Ironman,Sentinel}
{Dungeon Fighter Live Wiki}
XBM Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #43
Flugruger

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_shake_350 View Post
Playing online and connection issues start when I build a block,stand on it and it disappears, while we are building a bridge so I fall to me death
This hands down, everything else I can just about deal with but this pisses me off big time. There's a few times I've been building very precarious tall structures, placed a block down moved on to it and it's disappeared, inevitably leading to me becoming pavement pâté.

The monsters attacking me in my sleep is getting on my nerves too mind no matter where I have the bed or how well it's lit or whether the doors are closed, it's led to me turning them off until it gets fixed.
Flugruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #44
iTs xLuiGi

its xluigi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBM Yosho View Post
Seven hours of gameplay, Frozen game. Completely wiped out 31 diamonds, 17 gold and several stacks of iron. Four people were playing and all the building, The house, waterfall, water fountain, and everything else is gone.

Autosave feature works as intended but it sucks my fucking cock.

Done, Fuck it.
why would you play 7 hours without saving at all. forget just minecraft. what if your xbox just freezes. what if your power goes out. what if your autosave corrupts (if it's a game that has one). ALWAYS manual save. no matter the game, no matter if it's supposed to autosave for you. don't trust technology. trust yourself.

--------------------
Xbox Completions: 34 | Playstation : 19
Latest Completion: The Wolf Among Us (Xbox One)
- 11/28/2014

Old 05-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #45
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flugruger View Post
The monsters attacking me in my sleep is getting on my nerves too mind no matter where I have the bed or how well it's lit or whether the doors are closed, it's led to me turning them off until it gets fixed.
This is where I'm confused, I keep reading about this happening to people, but not once has it happened to me.

I've built a decent sized house, with torches on the inside, I put a door up with torches above that. My "yard" has a block wall about four blocks high around it, with a torch at each corner, and the door to my wall has two torches above it. I carved out at least a three block space around my house, and cut down blocks so nothing could "jump" over my wall.

Since I have this set up nothing's happened. I can sleep easy and never worry about a monster spawning inside my house. Is it me or do people just not prepare their homes good enough?

Old 05-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #46
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Since I have this set up nothing's happened. I can sleep easy and never worry about a monster spawning inside my house. Is it me or do people just not prepare their homes good enough?
seems that way, i havent had a single instance of this yet just building the same way i do on PC.

I do get that it is glitches that start the problem but you build your shelter well enough it still shouldnt matter
Old 05-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #47
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

aside from my previous issues of having the broken save file my new complaint is that i can't find a dungeon, have spent hours underground with no luck, this of course does go into the broken save as well since whenever i have to leave i can't just save underground and come back but i have to dig up to the surface then back to my house if i don't want to lose everything i dug up...so it's slow going
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #48
XBM Yosho

XBM Yosho's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTs xLuiGi View Post
why would you play 7 hours without saving at all. forget just minecraft. what if your xbox just freezes. what if your power goes out. what if your autosave corrupts (if it's a game that has one). ALWAYS manual save. no matter the game, no matter if it's supposed to autosave for you. don't trust technology. trust yourself.

Saving is the last thing you think of when you have four fucking people in the world, In one party, all over the place.

All I really have to say is an auto save feature has been common in most games since the fucking early 90's, Why the autosave only saves the player statistics such as distance walked and how many dildos you have had up your ass is beyond me.

Save the god damn world for christ sake.

{UMK3Main-Reptile}
{MK9Main-Sub-Zero}
{SSFIV:AEMain-Ken}
{UMvC3Team-Wolverine,Ironman,Sentinel}
{Dungeon Fighter Live Wiki}
XBM Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #49
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
aside from my previous issues of having the broken save file my new complaint is that i can't find a dungeon, have spent hours underground with no luck, this of course does go into the broken save as well since whenever i have to leave i can't just save underground and come back but i have to dig up to the surface then back to my house if i don't want to lose everything i dug up...so it's slow going
Really? I've found at least three in my world. One thing I find a lot are holes that go down and then abruptly stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBM Yosho View Post
Saving is the last thing you think of when you have four fucking people in the world, In one party, all over the place.

All I really have to say is an auto save feature has been common in most games since the fucking early 90's, Why the autosave only saves the player statistics such as distance walked and how many dildos you have had up your ass is beyond me.

Save the god damn world for christ sake.
I'll half agree with you, the autosave should save everything. Yet another perk that Total Miner has over Minecraft. But, I will disagree with your other point, now that you know the autosave doesn't work, it doesn't matter if you have four or forty people, SAVE SAVE SAVE.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #50
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Really? I've found at least three in my world. One thing I find a lot are holes that go down and then abruptly stop.

that would be a cave not a dungeon, a dungeon is a small square room made of cobble and mossy cobble with a monster spawner in the center
Old 05-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #51
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
that would be a cave not a dungeon, a dungeon is a small square room made of cobble and mossy cobble with a monster spawner in the center
Ah, it's my first time playing Minecraft so I didn't know.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #52
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

I lost tons of cool stuff when I found my first monster spawn point. Closed it up and I tried digging under it to create a trap for monster to spawn and drop into and misjudged how far up it was and caused the monsters to fall in the hole with me before I was ready.

Also hated water for the longest time because I thought you had to tap A to swim and not hold it. I pretty much died in anything that submerged me for the first couple hours.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #53
Tee!

TeeOwnzU's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
if you have wood, then you have both ingredients. put wood in both sections of the furnace to make charcoal, then combine the charcoal with a stick. BOOM! instant torch!
Oh my God and here I am looking around for charcoal like an idiot lol. Thanks for the tip!

Tee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #54
brak2000

HulkStillRules's Gamercard
I just built all the rails I needed for the rail achievement and ended up dying in fire while building my track losing everything and my diamond tools that were still on me. I'm dumb :P
brak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #55
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderPg View Post
I hate when you forget to set it too an offline game or put it invite only and your "friend" joins goes to your chest and takes all your diamonds and then leaves.

Those diamonds will be lost forever!!! D:
Thanks for the heads-up on this. Guessing I should probably make a really well-hidden chest with my good stuff if I plan to keep playing online, then.

Anyways, my gripe is that the creepers in my game seem to have attended an al-Qaeda training camp. They are incredibly effective at blowing up anything I try to build, especially my home. I'm thinking I'm going to play mostly on peaceful unless there is something from a monster I really need.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #56
Flame Sama

Flame Sama's Gamercard
Put this on Facebook:
"I found my first diamond vein with 5 diamonds in it, put up a proud sign with the date, then finished a path through the lava and ran back up a little bit and manually saved. AS I WAS SAVING, I heard a familiar SSSSSSSSS behind me...insta-kill right afterward. Reload the save-TWO CREEPERS and a skelly behind me...but I got out of the spawn trap without switching to b***h mo-I mean Peaceful..."
100%: CoD2, Halo 3(1750), Halo 3:ODST, Dash Of Destruction, Red Dead Redemption(1500), Rock Band 2, Halo Reach (1700), Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Alan Wake(1500), Portal 2, Halo CEA, Halo 4 (2000), Minecraft, 3 on 3 NHL® Arcade, Watch Dogs, Halo: Spartan Assault (1000).
Flame Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #57
Icarusael

Icarusael's Gamercard
I'm okay right now, I play very safely, I had SOOOOOOOOO much trouble before on PC, I learned by myself all sort of trick to survive. I only did 1 mistake yet on Xbox 360, I left a 2x1 square of lava somewhere because I thought it looked cool, and after 15 minute, I was walking there and fell in it -.- I reloaded my save file, lost 30 minute of gameplay lol.

Icarusael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #58
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Anyways, my gripe is that the creepers in my game seem to have attended an al-Qaeda training camp. They are incredibly effective at blowing up anything I try to build, especially my home. I'm thinking I'm going to play mostly on peaceful unless there is something from a monster I really need.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #59
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
a glitched mob spawn killed me and I lost a hell a lot of gold, powered railroads and slime. I was so pissed off I stop playing it...
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #60
JeremyVersion1

Finally got the pig flying achievement.

Fuck these assholes for putting that cheevo in the game.