PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Baddluckinc

Bad Luck Ink's Gamercard
Dragon's Dogma to have in game World Events!

Anyone remember the joy of playing the original Monster Hunter online for PS2 and enjoying the different little world events the game had (and certain quests that changed daily/weekly) Well I am already totally excited for this game (getting shakes waiting for the 22nd lol) but just found this, and it's giving me an amazing Monster Hunter vibe (not like other parts of the game hasn't).

Following link talks about every player in the game doing cumulative damage to a dragon for special rewards and the likes when it's defeated.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/09/dr...ragon-slaying/

This looks to be something that Capcom can expand on and have different events such as different Boss type monsters that spawn on event days or new quests/seasonal events

Baddluckinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
ProdigyChildPwn

ProdigyChildPwn's Gamercard
If it's giving a Monster Hunter vibe, it's because it is very similar to fighting a Raviente in Monster Hunter Frontier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Hunter Wikia
Raviente can be hunted by up to 16 players at the same time (in groups of 4), as it is a server battle. Raviente is so powerful that it shares the same health bar across all rooms. Loss conditions for Raviente are also different; instead of having a set number of deaths before the quest is failed, you are given 50,000 points. You lose 1,000 points every time you die. Dealing enough damage grants everyone fighting Raviente 30,000 points. A sound effect, message and blue smoke surrounding Raviente notify hunters of this.
I am really excited to play this game and events would be cool. I am curious as to that area shown in the video. Does this dragon roam around Gransys or is it only in the area shown in the video?
ProdigyChildPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
This game sounds better and better everyday.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
L3G1T H4MST3R

xMyLittlePonyZ's Gamercard
Is the Ur Dragon going to be 'attackable' (can't think of the right word) from day one. I don't want this to sound horrible but I hope the people from North America who buy the game can't attack it day one. Reason being us people in Europe have to wait an extra 3 days which will put as at a disadvantage and the North American players might even kill it before its released here. If it respawns, however, then let it be 'attackable' from day one. Keep in mind i'm not hating on Americans, i'm just pointing out that there could be a massive gap in levels and stuff meaning Americans will have an advantage compared to the rest of us.
L3G1T H4MST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
KeyOfDarkness

OMGsniperTurtle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3G1T H4MST3R View Post
Is the Ur Dragon going to be 'attackable' (can't think of the right word) from day one. I don't want this to sound horrible but I hope the people from North America who buy the game can't attack it day one. Reason being us people in Europe have to wait an extra 3 days which will put as at a disadvantage and the North American players might even kill it before its released here. If it respawns, however, then let it be 'attackable' from day one. Keep in mind i'm not hating on Americans, i'm just pointing out that there could be a massive gap in levels and stuff meaning Americans will have an advantage compared to the rest of us.
It will continue to respawn.
If you've ever played the Monster Hunter games you'll know that each quest can be attempted infinite times, and I'm sure that's where this quest originates from.

Newest video
Let's review - Driver: San Fransisco
http://www.youtube.com/OMGsniperTurtle
KeyOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
L3G1T H4MST3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyOfDarkness View Post
It will continue to respawn.
If you've ever played the Monster Hunter games you'll know that each quest can be attempted infinite times, and I'm sure that's where this quest originates from.
Thanks for verifying that. I have played Monster Hunter but only the Wii and PSP games. I would love for them to bring MH out on Xbox or even PS3 (yes I have both and don't start a console war on this thread as I think they both have strengths and weaknesses)

EDIT: I want to point out that wasn't directed at you just in general. Sorry if it appeared that way.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Baddluckinc

Bad Luck Ink's Gamercard
Yes I'm sure these events will either be weekly (most likely) or daily like Monster Hunter for PS2. Seeing as everyone can contribute to destroying this dragons HP, and as long as you participate, you get some sort of reward, there shouldn't be any problem Besides, I see this event happening maybe after a week or two after the game is out (such as when games have double XP weekends, they usually don't have those happen the first week of release).

Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
EnteringtheCosmos

Ok but what about people who don't go online, can offline players still kill the dragon over time, say if you attack it now and again until you are at a high level then go and take as much health as possible a little at a time etc..or is it only for people connected to XBL?
EnteringtheCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
Baddluckinc

Bad Luck Ink's Gamercard
I read a different article that said that said you could still do the event offline, but you would get different rewards than the online players, and it would be extremely hard to solo it yourself.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
Heres Jamie

heres Jamie's Gamercard
Thanks for info, wasn't aware of this feature!
Heres Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Vermillion Haze

Vermillion Haze's Gamercard
Looks like Capcom's going to keep this game fresh and interesting. Probably some cool DLC on the horizon too.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #12
Wtfmissile

Send a message via AIM to Wtfmissile

RagingEmoRage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion Haze View Post
Looks like Capcom's going to keep this game fresh and interesting. Probably some cool DLC on the horizon too.

There is supposedly a day 1 dlc pack that has like 100 quests for 560points(most likely on disc content) and normally I'm against on disc and other shady day 1 dlcs but if the quests have good rewards and add another 5 or 10 hours to the game? I think for money spent(around 67 if that dlc is 560) you'd be getting more than your moneys worth compared to most games and all other forms of entertainment.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
Novus

Novus Inimicus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfmissile View Post
There is supposedly a day 1 dlc pack that has like 100 quests for 560points(most likely on disc content) and normally I'm against on disc and other shady day 1 dlcs but if the quests have good rewards and add another 5 or 10 hours to the game? I think for money spent(around 67 if that dlc is 560) you'd be getting more than your moneys worth compared to most games and all other forms of entertainment.
Day one dlc is never a good thing, its just greedy developers, especially if its on-disk content. The main focus should be on fixing the initial bugs that plauge new release game, then after everyone has enjoyed the game give them the dlc they crave.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
L3G1T H4MST3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfmissile View Post
Even though I hate day one DLC, unless there is a specific reason for it, i'm getting the game for 36 so the DLC will make it around about the price it should be. While I don't approve of Day one DLC, it's not going to cost me anymore than it should.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
Baddluckinc

Bad Luck Ink's Gamercard
Day One DLC or not, if the game is good, and the additional content is worth the purchase then I never have any problem getting it. It's not like this is DLC like "get the real ending!" or "Buy this gear because it's better than anything already in the game". This is straight up additional content that doesn't take away from the game if you don't purchase it, but actually enhances it with what seems like many more hours of enjoyment.

I always love though how people get upset about games DLC, when the price you pay for it usually if not is the same price or cheaper than the fast food you picked up for lunch .

Old 05-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #16
Wtfmissile

Send a message via AIM to Wtfmissile

RagingEmoRage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddluckinc View Post
Day One DLC or not, if the game is good, and the additional content is worth the purchase then I never have any problem getting it. It's not like this is DLC like "get the real ending!" or "Buy this gear because it's better than anything already in the game". This is straight up additional content that doesn't take away from the game if you don't purchase it, but actually enhances it with what seems like many more hours of enjoyment.

I always love though how people get upset about games DLC, when the price you pay for it usually if not is the same price or cheaper than the fast food you picked up for lunch .

Exactly my thoughts. Like I said normally I talk shit about day 1 dlc that is clearly cut from the game or on disc content that may or may not impact your overall game but this is something of a side deal. If you want more quests(whether they're worth it or not) you have the option to put down a little more money for some more game time and hopefully great rewards.