Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Zeph0r

R0ck5auce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Xbox 360 slim fan replacement

Hey guys,

So I'm looking for a replacement fan for the power brick on my 360 slim. The model is AB5512HX-g00 and googling only turned up a place that sells it for 20 freaking dollars. Anyone know where I can get one that's a bit cheaper?
Zeph0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
My brick also just broke down recently for my Slim too. I'd just get a new brick instead for 20 on Amazon, not a bad price.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
Zeph0r

R0ck5auce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Thanks for the reply. I'm 95% sure it's just my fan that went bad so I'm looking towards alternatives to fixing the brick. I already invested a little time and money to learning how to take everything apart, so I figure I might as well figure out how to fix it if it happens again. It costs around $30 bucks for another power brick that might die at the same time or faster than my current one. If I can't find a replacement fan, I might just get a dremel and put a computer fan on the damn thing.
Zeph0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It's never a good idea to mess with power supplies. I know that's a fact with PC's and I'm sure its the same with any electronic. Only trained professionals should be messing with power supplies. It's usually alot easier just to get a new power supply.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDurbin View Post
It's never a good idea to mess with power supplies. I know that's a fact with PC's and I'm sure its the same with any electronic. Only trained professionals should be messing with power supplies. It's usually alot easier just to get a new power supply.
This. Even after being unplugged, I don't think the capacitors in a 360 power supply are to the level where they could store lethal amounts of charge; but why tempt fate?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_a_p...s_disconnected

Find another one, don't smoke around it, keep it away from dust, don't nestle it in your entertainment center without ventilation and occasionally take a can of compressed air to it.