Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #31
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Good to see a guide up so early, looks like this will require quite a few playthroughs.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #32
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Good to see a guide up so early, looks like this will require quite a few playthroughs.
Yep 4-5 I just got to figure out if 1 is stackable. Its fun tho so its not so bad.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #33
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
Yep 4-5 I just got to figure out if 1 is stackable. Its fun tho so its not so bad.

That's cool, but did I hear right that you have to complete NYM Hardcore from chapter one to the end game without dying, is that even possible?

Old 05-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #34
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
That's cool, but did I hear right that you have to complete NYM Hardcore from chapter one to the end game without dying, is that even possible?
Yeah that's right, I don't think its hardcore difficulty but called hardcore because of the fact you have to go start to finish.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #35
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah that's right, I don't think its hardcore difficulty but called hardcore because of the fact you have to go start to finish.

I see, well that should be fun.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #36
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:
I see, well that should be fun.
Yeah until you die at the last bit haha
Old 05-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #37
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I haven't played the game yet, but it looks like you'll have about 5 playthroughs and this is how you play them and how they unlock;

Start - Hard > Complete > Unlocks: Hardcore, Old School, NYM, Feel The Payne & Serious Payne

New Game - Hardcore > Complete > Unlocks: Payne In The Ass

New Game - Old School > Complete > Unlocks: Maximum Payne

New Game - NYM > Complete > Unlocks: NYM Hardcore & A New York Minute

New Game - NYM Hardcore > Complete > Unlocks: The Shadows Rushed Me

Though I don't know if unlocking NYM, after completing the game on Hard, also unlocks the Hardcore difficulty for it at the same time. If so, it'll knock it down to 4 playthroughs in total because then you'll do NYM Hardcore straight away.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 05-15-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #38
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I haven't played the game yet, but it looks like you'll have about 5 playthroughs and this is how you play them and how they unlock;

Start - Hard > Complete > Unlocks: Hardcore, Old School, NYM, Feel The Payne & Serious Payne

New Game - Hardcore > Complete > Unlocks: Payne In The Ass

New Game - Old School > Complete > Unlocks: Maximum Payne

New Game - NYM > Complete > Unlocks: NYM Hardcore & A New York Minute

New Game - NYM Hardcore > Complete > Unlocks: The Shadows Rushed Me

Though I don't know if unlocking NYM, after completing the game on Hard, also unlocks the Hardcore difficulty for it at the same time. If so, it'll knock it down to 4 playthroughs in total because then you'll do NYM Hardcore straight away.
Yeah I think that's right, old school before hardcore tho. Medium is stackable but old school not because its different. (as of now, old school could be stackable?)

Also NYM is in arcade so no new game needed just play in that menu.

Oh and you have to finish NYM to unlock hardcore NYM
Old 05-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #39
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice to see a guide up already. Can't wait to pick this up today.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #40
sysla

z N a T u R e's Gamercard
nice guide judd . just asking, r u sure the "you push a man too far" is unmissable?? youve the choice to kill him so its missable..
sysla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #41
Dice17

Yup, you can miss "You push a man too far" achievement if you pull the trigger. I actually shot the guy on my first playthrough
Dice17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #42
Forman

"You Push A Man To Far - 5
Don't Shoot The Dis-Armed Man

Story related, cannot be missed."

THIS CAN BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #43
IrishGorilla47

IrishGorilla47's Gamercard
Thanks for the great guide. This should fun yet challenging at the same time.
IrishGorilla47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #44
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forman View Post
"You Push A Man To Far - 5
Don't Shoot The Dis-Armed Man

Story related, cannot be missed."

THIS CAN BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're right. He will fix it once he wakes up from his little nap.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #45
sysla

z N a T u R e's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
You're right. He will fix it once he wakes up from his little nap.
theres another mistake as well.. visit my guide on xiso and maybe ull find it.
sysla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #46
Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysla View Post
theres another mistake as well.. visit my guide on xiso and maybe ull find it.
We're mainly just getting all of the information first. He will go back and edit all of the errors once we're finished.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #47
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
This is a great guide. Those collectible and misc video help out a lot.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #48
Spun77xLucky Stricke

Spun77xThrasher's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Nice!!! guide !!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #49
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
Has anyone figured out what & where the Tourist Locations are?

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #50
Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyperJMc View Post
Has anyone figured out what & where the Tourist Locations are?
You'll unlock it when collecting all of the clues in the game. I believe it's all of the "Tourist" and "Ex-Cop" clues because I unlocked it when recording the final "Ex-Cop" clue in Chapter 14. Judd will add it to the guide as soon as he gets back.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #51
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice guide. I'm wondering where the best place to grind melee kills are.

Last goal met: 200k - Oct 6, 2013

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #52
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Someone is always beating me to guides these days. There NEEDS to be a walkthrough for the collectibles. Just a bunch of random video guides can help, but at least just link an off site written one. Not everyone likes to watch videos and it's the lazy way out to put together a guide and leave all of the grunt work to people trying to get their youtube views up.

What's the average "run through" of the game hour wise? Also you may want to order the guide with storyline but between put those missable ones where you can get them. Like Chapter 2 achievement then the Chapter 2 specific achievement or something. I haven't really read through it nor played the game. But that might be a good way to put it so that people can just scroll down straight. Up to you.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #53
Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Someone is always beating me to guides these days. There NEEDS to be a walkthrough for the collectibles. Just a bunch of random video guides can help, but at least just link an off site written one. Not everyone likes to watch videos and it's the lazy way out to put together a guide and leave all of the grunt work to people trying to get their youtube views up.

What's the average "run through" of the game hour wise? Also you may want to order the guide with storyline but between put those missable ones where you can get them. Like Chapter 2 achievement then the Chapter 2 specific achievement or something. I haven't really read through it nor played the game. But that might be a good way to put it so that people can just scroll down straight. Up to you.
He said he was going to make a written collectible guide soon and add it to the guide. An average run through on the game would probably be around 10 hours if you're playing on Hard.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #54
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Max Payne Invitational - 5
Invite someone to play through the in-game contact list

When in the multiplayer main lobby scroll across to your friends using and simply invite a friend. The achievement will unlock as soon as you invite them no need for them to join.

-----------

I've invited both online/offline people from both in game and while in a match and nothing has popped up. Are you sure they do not have to join?

Wagers: It looks like this must be unlocked and is not something you get right away. You must earn $2000 first to unlock it.

Hardcore Playlist This is also something that it says must have 5000 kills before it unlocks. Complete all standard training grinds to unlock all playlists.

Last edited by Tyger7; 05-16-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #55
mgorsi

xGORSi10's Gamercard
Quote:
Max Payne Invitational - 5
Invite someone to play through the in-game contact list

When in the multiplayer main lobby scroll across to your friends using and simply invite a friend. The achievement will unlock as soon as you invite them no need for them to join.

-----------

I've invited both online/offline people from both in game and while in a match and nothing has popped up. Are you sure they do not have to join?

Wagers: It looks like this must be unlocked and is not something you get right away. You must earn $2000 first to unlock it.

Hardcore Playlist This is also something that it says must have 5000 kills before it unlocks. Complete all standard training grinds to unlock all playlists.
It's true, I invited a friend who was playing single player story, achievement popped, he never joined!! I think ur friend has to be playing max Payne, or have played it before. Not fully sure though
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #56
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Just got it. Indeed the person must have played Max Payne 3 (online, just a save, not sure).
Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #57
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:

I can't be bothered figuring out which one goes where atm but will do in final edit. I will also be writing a written guide on collectibles once this is done unless you are doing one?

Also thanks for the tips in the other post I added them.

We need videos for:

Sometimes You Get Lucky - 5
Get A Headshot During The Rooftop Tremors

Along For The Ride - 10
Trigger A Bullet Cam On The Zipline [FREE AIM]

The Only Choice Given - 10
Get 8 Kills While Dangling From A Chain [FREE AIM]

Last edited by judd90; 05-16-2012 at 08:07 AM.
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #58
RamboSilce

Rambosilce's Gamercard
Quote:
I can't be bothered figuring out which one goes where atm but will do in final edit. I will also be writing a written guide on collectibles once this is done unless you are doing one?

Also thanks for the tips in the other post I added them.

We need videos for:

Sometimes You Get Lucky - 5
Get A Headshot During The Rooftop Tremors

Along For The Ride - 10
Trigger A Bullet Cam On The Zipline [FREE AIM]

The Only Choice Given - 10
Get 8 Kills While Dangling From A Chain [FREE AIM]
Any ideas on what chapters these are possible in?

I'll make the videos as soon as we know.
RamboSilce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #59
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboSilce View Post
Any ideas on what chapters these are possible in?

I'll make the videos as soon as we know.
You will have to ask Rep as he has done most of the single player were I have only really played online. I'm only upti chapter 8 in single player atm but if I find out before he replies ill PM you.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #60
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

For the "Targeting" in single player, should I just put it on Hard Lock or will that disable achievements?

EDIT: Never mind, it says that achievements will be disabled. Lame. Why couldn't that have just been the "hardcore" difference?

Last edited by Tyger7; 05-16-2012 at 10:19 AM.