PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #61
Rep
 
Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 3,003
Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Sometimes You Get Lucky - 5
Get A Headshot During The Rooftop Tremors

Chapter 13, Checkpoint 14. You will need to get a headshot right when there's a tremor. May take a couple of tries.

Along For The Ride - 10
Trigger A Bullet Cam On The Zipline [FREE AIM]

Chapter 11, Checkpoint 11. You have to kill all enemies to trigger a bullet cam. Not difficult at all.

The Only Choice Given - 10
Get 8 Kills While Dangling From A Chain [FREE AIM]

Chapter 10 Checkpoint 5

-

They don't really need a video for them as they're easy as shit to do.
__________________
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #62
judd90
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 惑星ベジータ
Posts: 1,914

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Video still good tho.

Just fixed the Full Monty
__________________

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #63
Rep
 
Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 3,003
Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
Video still good tho.

Just fixed the Full Monty
That member Dice had some videos on the first page that you can use.
__________________
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #64
judd90
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 惑星ベジータ
Posts: 1,914

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Ok ill fix it up tomorrow, going to bed in a tick. I'm fixing Wager and I'm off.
__________________

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #65
Predni
 
Predni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 843

zasta 360gametv's Gamercard
You are sure by "The One Eyed Man Is King" ?

I reload Checkpoints, Passos Died many Times ^^ but i earn this achievement without a new Chapterload! I was wondering

regards
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #66
nighthawk82
 
nighthawk82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 169

ESSAMAWS's Gamercard
i'm wondering if i Finish the game in Hardcore does that mean Unlock old school Achievements?
nighthawk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #67
Rep
 
Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 3,003
Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predni View Post
You are sure by "The One Eyed Man Is King" ?

I reload Checkpoints, Passos Died many Times ^^ but i earn this achievement without a new Chapterload! I was wondering

regards
You can only reload the checkpoint before Passos starts to move up.
__________________
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #68
Predni
 
Predni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 843

zasta 360gametv's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
You can only reload the checkpoint before Passos starts to move up.
ah ok that is the Point and after this, to kill off Passos and try it again when you miss a shot

regards
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #69
mosin360
 
mosin360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 866

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
EDIT - didn't refresh page from last night and see some info I had was already posted.
__________________
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire

Last goal met: 225k - September 2, 2014

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #70
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,129

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post

Sometimes You Get Lucky - 5
Get A Headshot During The Rooftop Tremors
Specific addition:

Chapter 12 - Checkpoint 11: Shoot the enemies in the head as soon as the ground starts shaking.

Other than that, nice job so far guys.
__________________

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #71
DeAtHisLaNd
 
DeAtHisLaNd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 203

DeAtHisLaNd's Gamercard
Just wanna add something :

For the achievement to Play Every Online Game Modes :

You DO NOT have to play Hardcore Deathmatch/T.Deathmatch & Gang Wars. You don't need to do them to unlock the achievement. You will need to play every gametype on the Gang Wars game mode tho. Got the achievement yesterday and I don't have 1,000 kills yet(You need 5,000 kills to unlock Hardcore playlist)

Hope it helps
__________________


DeAtHisLaNd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #72
DisturbedDan
 
DisturbedDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 588
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
anyone have a tip for Something Wicked This Way Comes?

Used the video and no matter what it doesn't work. It kills the three guys in back and then I wipe out the four from right to left.
__________________
Disclaimer: Explain why you're sending me a friend request or else I will just delete it.
Also, look at posts dates
DisturbedDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #73
Rep
 
Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 3,003
Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDan View Post
anyone have a tip for Something Wicked This Way Comes?

Used the video and no matter what it doesn't work. It kills the three guys in back and then I wipe out the four from right to left.
Did you remember to set your targeting to Free Aim?
__________________
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #74
DisturbedDan
 
DisturbedDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 588
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
Did you remember to set your targeting to Free Aim?
Yep. That's what i'm using on the hard playthrough anyways. Done it about 20 times already and no dice, no matter what way I do it.

if you look at the comments to the video posted, people are getting the same thing.
__________________
Disclaimer: Explain why you're sending me a friend request or else I will just delete it.
Also, look at posts dates

Last edited by DisturbedDan; 05-16-2012 at 05:22 PM.
DisturbedDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #75
Rep
 
Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 3,003
Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDan View Post
Yep. That's what i'm using on the hard playthrough anyways. Done it about 20 times already and no dice, no matter what way I do it.

if you look at the comments to the video posted, people are getting the same thing.
Yeah, that's my video and I noticed the comments, but some guy had commented saying that it worked after the update. You can always clear your cache and do it that way.
__________________
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #76
jmannx
 
jmannx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Manassas, Va
Posts: 205

J Mann X the II's Gamercard
Not sure if this has been found yet or not, but you can get: The Fear Of Losing It

By loading a checkpoint at the end of a chapter(Happened on chapter 1 for me as I came back to play it later). And got the achievement. Hope this helps others if you would like to add it to the guide.
__________________
Text messages work best, in case I'm checking messages on Xbox.com

If you send a friend request, please provide details. Random friend requests are weird.


100% Games Completed:
jmannx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #77
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff
 
Tyger7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,348
Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAtHisLaNd View Post
Just wanna add something :

For the achievement to Play Every Online Game Modes :

You DO NOT have to play Hardcore Deathmatch/T.Deathmatch & Gang Wars. You don't need to do them to unlock the achievement. You will need to play every gametype on the Gang Wars game mode tho. Got the achievement yesterday and I don't have 1,000 kills yet(You need 5,000 kills to unlock Hardcore playlist)

Hope it helps
Okay, so Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Payne Killer, Large Team Deathmatch, Large Deathmatch, and Gang Wars (playing every "type" of mode within gang wars) in both Soft Lock and Free Aim?

Is this what you mean? Do you have to play from the start of a match or can you have joined in the middle? I'm pretty sure I did all of that but I didn't get the achievement. I did join in the middle of Gang Wars in Free Aim mode so I haven't probably played all modes in that specific playlist.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #78
TheThreeStooges
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Okay, so Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Payne Killer, Large Team Deathmatch, Large Deathmatch, and Gang Wars (playing every "type" of mode within gang wars) in both Soft Lock and Free Aim?

Is this what you mean? Do you have to play from the start of a match or can you have joined in the middle? I'm pretty sure I did all of that but I didn't get the achievement. I did join in the middle of Gang Wars in Free Aim mode so I haven't probably played all modes in that specific playlist.
Tyger I just got the cheevo: Play on SOFT AIM Team Death, Deathmatch, Payne, Gangwars - I would say maybe a bout 2 to 4 gangwar matches for it to unlock, You dont have to do the hardcore or any thing like that also do it on SOFT aim

Gangwar tip keep track of which mode or map w/e you call it, if you picked one you already done pick a different one it has something to do with the mode types, Meaning lets say 1st round the capture or 2nd round grab the bag, map or mode has a different game type

Last edited by TheThreeStooges; 05-16-2012 at 09:20 PM.
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #79
bio187
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 46

Thebiohazard187's Gamercard
Whoever gave you the information that NYMHC is you having to complete the whole game without dying, is a lying retard.

It is just the standard NYM thats a chapter to chapter basis in the menu, except the difficulty is hardcore.

Straight from rockstar

"Thanks for the great feedback about trophies. We have made sure that the trophies are challenging and fun. Here is the full list if you are interested in checking them out.

They do not have to be done in 1 sitting, and hardcore is a difficulty level. < this is answer on my question. I asked about NYM HC and NYM. NYM is chapter by chapter with time and on any difficulty and NYM HC is the same but on hardcore difficulty.

The Max Payne 3 Story can be played at five difficulty settings that can be adjusted on the fly and provide varying levels of challenge as follows:

Easy: Increased Health and Bullet TimeŽ Rewards. A satisfying challenge
Medium: Moderate Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A stiff challenge
Hard: Low Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A real test
Hardcore: Minimal Health and Bullet Time rewards. Very challenging
Old School: Last Man Standing is disabled.

Medium is the default setting for all - so you can start the game and decide from there on the fly whether you'd like to adjust your difficulty for more of a challenge or an easier go as you play.

Easy and Medium settings feature dynamic difficulty which provides access to extra painkillers to help you pass particular parts of the game if you've died repeatedly. On Easy and Medium settings, when you die at a checkpoint, you restart the checkpoint with at least one full magazine of ammo in each gun (except grenade launchers) and the number of painkillers that you started with. For every three times you die at a checkpoint, you get one extra painkiller. So if you started a checkpoint with 2 painkillers, and died 3 times, on each subsequent retry of that checkpoint, you'd start with 3 painkillers. If you died 3 more times (6 total), you'd start with 4 painkillers on each subsequent restart. On Easy and Medium, this can continue until you are respawning with a full 9 painkillers.

On the Hard setting, there is also dynamic difficulty however it is intentionally much more limited to ensure a tougher go. On Hard, if you die 5 times, you will get a bonus painkiller on subsequent respawns, and if you've died 10 times, you can get one more. However, it will never give you bonus painkillers that make your total go above 2. So if you started a checkpoint with 1 painkiller and died 5 times, you'd start with 2; but if you died 5 more times (10 total), you would not get an extra - you would continue to respawn with 2. Likewise, if you start a checkpoint with 3 painkillers, you would never get a bonus painkiller in Hard mode.
Hardcore and Old School modes are unlocked by beating the Story on Hard difficulty.

Cheers,

R*"

Last edited by bio187; 05-16-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Added letter from sister site
bio187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #80
littlejay
 
littlejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arkansas - Kansas for pirates.
Posts: 4,314

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio187 View Post
Whoever gave you the information that NYMHC is you having to complete the whole game without dying, is a lying retard.

It is just the standard NYM thats a chapter to chapter basis in the menu, except the difficulty is hardcore.

Straight from rockstar

"Thanks for the great feedback about trophies. We have made sure that the trophies are challenging and fun. Here is the full list if you are interested in checking them out.

They do not have to be done in 1 sitting, and hardcore is a difficulty level. < this is answer on my question. I asked about NYM HC and NYM. NYM is chapter by chapter with time and on any difficulty and NYM HC is the same but on hardcore difficulty.

The Max Payne 3 Story can be played at five difficulty settings that can be adjusted on the fly and provide varying levels of challenge as follows:

Easy: Increased Health and Bullet TimeŽ Rewards. A satisfying challenge
Medium: Moderate Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A stiff challenge
Hard: Low Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A real test
Hardcore: Minimal Health and Bullet Time rewards. Very challenging
Old School: Last Man Standing is disabled.

Medium is the default setting for all - so you can start the game and decide from there on the fly whether you'd like to adjust your difficulty for more of a challenge or an easier go as you play.

Easy and Medium settings feature dynamic difficulty which provides access to extra painkillers to help you pass particular parts of the game if you've died repeatedly. On Easy and Medium settings, when you die at a checkpoint, you restart the checkpoint with at least one full magazine of ammo in each gun (except grenade launchers) and the number of painkillers that you started with. For every three times you die at a checkpoint, you get one extra painkiller. So if you started a checkpoint with 2 painkillers, and died 3 times, on each subsequent retry of that checkpoint, you'd start with 3 painkillers. If you died 3 more times (6 total), you'd start with 4 painkillers on each subsequent restart. On Easy and Medium, this can continue until you are respawning with a full 9 painkillers.

On the Hard setting, there is also dynamic difficulty however it is intentionally much more limited to ensure a tougher go. On Hard, if you die 5 times, you will get a bonus painkiller on subsequent respawns, and if you've died 10 times, you can get one more. However, it will never give you bonus painkillers that make your total go above 2. So if you started a checkpoint with 1 painkiller and died 5 times, you'd start with 2; but if you died 5 more times (10 total), you would not get an extra - you would continue to respawn with 2. Likewise, if you start a checkpoint with 3 painkillers, you would never get a bonus painkiller in Hard mode.
Hardcore and Old School modes are unlocked by beating the Story on Hard difficulty.

Cheers,

R*"

Thanks! That is good to know. and now to hope the game is waiting for me at home!
__________________
littlejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #81
RamboSilce
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 42

Rambosilce's Gamercard
The Only Choice Given - 10
Get 8 Kills While Dangling From A Chain [FREE AIM]

Chapter 10 Checkpoint 5

RamboSilce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #82
bio187
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 46

Thebiohazard187's Gamercard
Yeah this is one that was worrying me too, and made no sense in a way due to us having multiple discs, so i went and did some sleuthing, and one of our friends over at our sister site went to the extent to actually ask rockstar and that is their reply.

Now i actually feel like its possible again.
bio187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #83
Barad
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Posts: 23,551
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio187 View Post
Whoever gave you the information that NYMHC is you having to complete the whole game without dying, is a lying retard.

It is just the standard NYM thats a chapter to chapter basis in the menu, except the difficulty is hardcore.

Straight from rockstar

"Thanks for the great feedback about trophies. We have made sure that the trophies are challenging and fun. Here is the full list if you are interested in checking them out.

They do not have to be done in 1 sitting, and hardcore is a difficulty level. < this is answer on my question. I asked about NYM HC and NYM. NYM is chapter by chapter with time and on any difficulty and NYM HC is the same but on hardcore difficulty.

The Max Payne 3 Story can be played at five difficulty settings that can be adjusted on the fly and provide varying levels of challenge as follows:

Easy: Increased Health and Bullet TimeŽ Rewards. A satisfying challenge
Medium: Moderate Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A stiff challenge
Hard: Low Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A real test
Hardcore: Minimal Health and Bullet Time rewards. Very challenging
Old School: Last Man Standing is disabled.

Medium is the default setting for all - so you can start the game and decide from there on the fly whether you'd like to adjust your difficulty for more of a challenge or an easier go as you play.

Easy and Medium settings feature dynamic difficulty which provides access to extra painkillers to help you pass particular parts of the game if you've died repeatedly. On Easy and Medium settings, when you die at a checkpoint, you restart the checkpoint with at least one full magazine of ammo in each gun (except grenade launchers) and the number of painkillers that you started with. For every three times you die at a checkpoint, you get one extra painkiller. So if you started a checkpoint with 2 painkillers, and died 3 times, on each subsequent retry of that checkpoint, you'd start with 3 painkillers. If you died 3 more times (6 total), you'd start with 4 painkillers on each subsequent restart. On Easy and Medium, this can continue until you are respawning with a full 9 painkillers.

On the Hard setting, there is also dynamic difficulty however it is intentionally much more limited to ensure a tougher go. On Hard, if you die 5 times, you will get a bonus painkiller on subsequent respawns, and if you've died 10 times, you can get one more. However, it will never give you bonus painkillers that make your total go above 2. So if you started a checkpoint with 1 painkiller and died 5 times, you'd start with 2; but if you died 5 more times (10 total), you would not get an extra - you would continue to respawn with 2. Likewise, if you start a checkpoint with 3 painkillers, you would never get a bonus painkiller in Hard mode.
Hardcore and Old School modes are unlocked by beating the Story on Hard difficulty.

Cheers,

R*"
That is freaking great to hear, thanks.
__________________
Signature by Mr Chaotix





Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #84
judd90
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 惑星ベジータ
Posts: 1,914

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio187 View Post
Whoever gave you the information that NYMHC is you having to complete the whole game without dying, is a lying retard.

It is just the standard NYM thats a chapter to chapter basis in the menu, except the difficulty is hardcore.

Straight from rockstar

"Thanks for the great feedback about trophies. We have made sure that the trophies are challenging and fun. Here is the full list if you are interested in checking them out.

They do not have to be done in 1 sitting, and hardcore is a difficulty level. < this is answer on my question. I asked about NYM HC and NYM. NYM is chapter by chapter with time and on any difficulty and NYM HC is the same but on hardcore difficulty.

The Max Payne 3 Story can be played at five difficulty settings that can be adjusted on the fly and provide varying levels of challenge as follows:

Easy: Increased Health and Bullet TimeŽ Rewards. A satisfying challenge
Medium: Moderate Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A stiff challenge
Hard: Low Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A real test
Hardcore: Minimal Health and Bullet Time rewards. Very challenging
Old School: Last Man Standing is disabled.

Medium is the default setting for all - so you can start the game and decide from there on the fly whether you'd like to adjust your difficulty for more of a challenge or an easier go as you play.

Easy and Medium settings feature dynamic difficulty which provides access to extra painkillers to help you pass particular parts of the game if you've died repeatedly. On Easy and Medium settings, when you die at a checkpoint, you restart the checkpoint with at least one full magazine of ammo in each gun (except grenade launchers) and the number of painkillers that you started with. For every three times you die at a checkpoint, you get one extra painkiller. So if you started a checkpoint with 2 painkillers, and died 3 times, on each subsequent retry of that checkpoint, you'd start with 3 painkillers. If you died 3 more times (6 total), you'd start with 4 painkillers on each subsequent restart. On Easy and Medium, this can continue until you are respawning with a full 9 painkillers.

On the Hard setting, there is also dynamic difficulty however it is intentionally much more limited to ensure a tougher go. On Hard, if you die 5 times, you will get a bonus painkiller on subsequent respawns, and if you've died 10 times, you can get one more. However, it will never give you bonus painkillers that make your total go above 2. So if you started a checkpoint with 1 painkiller and died 5 times, you'd start with 2; but if you died 5 more times (10 total), you would not get an extra - you would continue to respawn with 2. Likewise, if you start a checkpoint with 3 painkillers, you would never get a bonus painkiller in Hard mode.
Hardcore and Old School modes are unlocked by beating the Story on Hard difficulty.

Cheers,

R*"
That's awesome ill update the whole thread when I get home thanks everyone that's helping
__________________

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #85
ColdSpider72
 
ColdSpider72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Port, Fl
Posts: 1,999

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
That's awesome ill update the whole thread when I get home thanks everyone that's helping
Sounds like your buddy Echo has some splainin' to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecko3351 View Post
New york minute on hardcore is not tough at all. there is one catch tho, you must beat the game in 1 shot. That means if you die, you will have to start on chapter 1.........FML
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #86
DisturbedDan
 
DisturbedDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 588
Send a message via AIM to DisturbedDan

Br4inDEAD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Must be having a bad day when it comes to these achievements. Not that it was hard but just won rookie team deathmatch and didn't get the achievement for being in first.

edit: it has to be regular deathmatch? Oh well.
__________________
Disclaimer: Explain why you're sending me a friend request or else I will just delete it.
Also, look at posts dates
DisturbedDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #87
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff
 
Tyger7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,348
Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
The Fear Of Losing It - 20
Survive A Level Without Painkillers


Please mention that if you go into "last stand" you use a painkiller after automatically. This means you must never go into last stand as well as never purposely using a painkiller yourself. I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting the achievement and finally realized my painkillers were being depleted after last stand. I'm sure you can just reload checkpoint and try again.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #88
bio187
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 46

Thebiohazard187's Gamercard
That and the achievement for the 10 kills in a row in bullet time all need to be in one burst.... i figured that was a given though.
bio187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #89
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff
 
Tyger7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,348
Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
The One Eyed Man Is King - 10
Cover Passos With Perfect Aim

Kill a total of 13 enemies without missing a shot. You won't be able to restart the checkpoint so if you mess up, quit out


------

For this one, you say you won't be able to restart checkpoint. I am able to restart it just fine, but do you mean that if I restart it, the achievement won't count?

EDIT: I did not get it when reloading my checkpoints AFTER the initial group. If my checkpoint reload started me over from enemy #1, it was okay. I still got the achievement even after reloading my checkpoint from the initial group of first enemies.

Last edited by Tyger7; 05-17-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #90
Rep
 
Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 3,003
Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
The One Eyed Man Is King - 10
Cover Passos With Perfect Aim

Kill a total of 13 enemies without missing a shot. You won't be able to restart the checkpoint so if you mess up, quit out


------

For this one, you say you won't be able to restart checkpoint. I am able to restart it just fine, but do you mean that if I restart it, the achievement won't count?
I believe you can only restart the checkpoint before Passos' advances for the first time. I think it's after the first three guys you will have to shoot.
__________________
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:34 PM.