PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 12 > UEFA EURO 2012
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Online Opponents' Teams

Just curious if anyone's ever encountered someone playing as a "mediocre" team? Last night I played against Spain 3 times, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands & England.

What sucks, is because I don't get to play until I get home from work, I keep getting matched up with people from Mexico & Brazil. Their internet connections are all dependent on 2 mice running in a wheel. Laggy and no fun.

So, yea... I was just curious if people do actually play as a smaller country for the added challenge it would be.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
mott1993

mott1993's Gamercard
I've played against someone who was San Marino, and someone else who was Ireland

Needless to say they weren't that good the guy with San Marino quit before half time and the Ireland guy quit after 10 minutes

But more often or not you get the 5* teams

mott1993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
soundlessb00m

soundlessb00m's Gamercard
I got through to the semis of the online tournament and played a guy who was Bosnia and Herzegovina.

That's the only lower-star team I've ever played online. Spain, Netherlands, Italy, England, France etc...
soundlessb00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
When I first got I jumped on as Wales, only to be dissapointed with the fake names. Ah well I thought at least I can play as them. The next 3 tournaments I played in I never once came across a team lover than 5 stars and this coupled with random player skill lead me to follow the same route just to stand a chance of winning.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
Morbido

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
What sucks, is because I don't get to play until I get home from work, I keep getting matched up with people from Mexico & Brazil. Their internet connections are all dependent on 2 mice running in a wheel. Laggy and no fun.
Ha ha. Awesome quote about the mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazmaster1 View Post
When I first got I jumped on as Wales, only to be dissapointed with the fake names. Ah well I thought at least I can play as them. The next 3 tournaments I played in I never once came across a team lover than 5 stars and this coupled with random player skill lead me to follow the same route just to stand a chance of winning.
Quick question as I dont have the DLC. When you say random player skill, do you mean how good your opponets are. Or as the Welsh team aren't real, do you mean one game your left mid can do, say 4* skills and the next game he can only do 2* skills
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well, I got my 1250/1250, and as I don't enjoy playing it online... I kinda stopped. All in all, I played England 4 times, Netherlands 2 or 3, Italy 5, Spain 7, France 2, Portugal 1, Sweden 1.

The guy who played as Sweden was easily the best player I played against. He scored 2 goals in the first 20 minutes... I was debating if I should quit, but I hung in there and wound up scoring 3 straight before half. Maybe it was over-confidence from taking a 3-2 lead, but I wound up losing 5-3.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
Uluse

Uluse's Gamercard
I actually played with San Marino myself for a couple of tourneys. Managed to get to the Quarter Finals with them. Once. It was actually a lot more fun because then I didn't get frustrated by every bad pass my guys played and could tell myself that it was due to their genuine lack of skill and not the game trying to screw with me.

Uluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
adz5000

Send a message via MSN to adz5000

adz5000's Gamercard
Across all my games I have played.

I play as France.

Sweden x1
Russia x1
Portugal x1
Netherlands x2
Spain x2
Italy x2
Germany x3
England x10+

So sick of people playing as England they are so fucking OP compared to how they actually play as a team in the tournaments.

PS: Wish I could have Hatem Ben Arfa on my RAM as opposed to Mathieu Valbuena.

Impatiently waiting for TITANFALL to ermmm.... fall?
adz5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
andreborda

Clockser's Gamercard
It's pretty normal that the best teams get picked more often, but I think that due to the lack of player or team skill matching, you are automatically handicapped when choosing any team but the best...
andreborda is offline   Reply With Quote