PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #391
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
I don't know if this shit happens to anyone else but it really pisses me off. Sometimes my character fucking overpowers my controller and just insists on moving right. The cunt does it even when I'm smashing my analog to the left. To get him to stop I have to let go of the analog then continuously smash it to the left.

I've died so many fucking times because of this it's unreal.

Yupp, know that one (and it fucking sucks!).
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #392
NJ x BaNdiT

ZePPeLiN 856's Gamercard
Quote:
I don't know if this shit happens to anyone else but it really pisses me off. Sometimes my character fucking overpowers my controller and just insists on moving right. The cunt does it even when I'm smashing my analog to the left. To get him to stop I have to let go of the analog then continuously smash it to the left.

I've died so many fucking times because of this it's unreal.
I was literally about to post the same thing. It's so frustrating when Max Payne decides to walk in a random circle when I'm trying to get out of cover.
NJ x BaNdiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #393
Neith

Yeah, he moves like a mongoloid on Valium, what means totally unrealistic Movement with huge Delays between what is done on Controller and what is executed on the Screen and sometimes he don't even walks, he slides further like if the Floor is full of Ice or Oil, which is probably what you mean with he does not stop and is what i mean with the Controls are messed up.

Also one funny Thing of that Sort that happens too is he shoots 90 into the Air instead of where the Aiming Dot is, happens with single Hand, Dual Wield and even Rifles and looks so unbelievable lame.

Last edited by Neith; 07-09-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Neith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #394
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neith View Post
Yeah, he moves like a mongoloid on Valium
ROFL.. True though..
Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #395
NJ x BaNdiT

ZePPeLiN 856's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neith View Post
Also one funny Thing of that Sort that happens too is he shoots 90 into the Air instead of where the Aiming Dot is, happens with single Hand, Dual Wield and even Rifles and looks so unbelievable lame.
I've seen that a couple times myself, but we all probably have. Max Payne just flutters his arms like a ferris wheel when he gets shot as if he slipped on a banana.
NJ x BaNdiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #396
Neith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ x BaNdiT View Post
I've seen that a couple times myself, but we all probably have. Max Payne just flutters his arms like a ferris wheel when he gets shot as if he slipped on a banana.
Yeah, but this happens without being shot, i suppose its more a Physicsbug. If the Model is near a Object, it doesn't matter if the Object is bigger as the Model or not, a little Railing is enough that this Bug happens.

The Model then bends the Arms 90 into the Air with the Weapons and shots into the Air instead where the Aiming-Dot actually points to.

And this looks really really lame, also quite often you will not notice that it happens, so you shoot and shoot and shoot but you only hit the Top of the Room or the Heaven but not where you are aiming at.

The other Thing is the unrealistic bending of the Model that happens and is noticeable very well in Last Stands where everything is Slow Motion and the Body acts like a Rubber Puppet without any Bones, but that's another Problem.

And walking or especially running around with quick switching or Directions is more a sliding on Ice than actually controlled walking or running.

I don't think it is, but it also sometimes looks like the System has not enough Power to handle the Movements correctly, it stutters like if the Framerate is too low or the System can't handle your Controller Inputs fast enough and is always a little behind. And i don't mean Lag here, this all happens Offline.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #397
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i got a glitch on chapter 5 on hardcore where the screen was weird. pics tonight
Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #398
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
FFS..I don't mind when enemies use Sneaky in multiplayer, but when your own team uses it surely they shouldn't appear as enemy/red to you? Really annoying when you're playing in Soft Lock and your forced to aim at one of your own teammates, shooting away like a retard wondering why the fucker isn't dying. This has got me killed so many times when the real enemy has caught me at the worst times..

Destiny = Refunded!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #399
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
I used to like the multiplayer, but now I absolutely fucking hate it. Every single death feels unfair. Fuck the melee, fuck akimbo pistols, fuck that perk that makes enemies look like team mates, fuck snipers, fuck shootdodge never working properly, fuck randomly going into bullet time, goddamn it I've never been so frustrated by a multiplayer game. When me and my friend play this we're constantly saying "that didn't make sense", or "fucking meleed AGAIN!", or "why doesn't MY gun have any fucking range?", or "how the hell is their gun killing me that fast?"

So yeah, /bitch

I'm just so frustrated with this game. Hate the multiplayer now so much. =/

[Edit]: Also losing track of how many times I've seen someone at low health, started shooting, and they regenerate their health while I'm shooting. That is fucking irritating.

[Edit 2]: Also why do I throw grenades like a fucking retard and why does the M4 suck so much?
Haha, this sums up the mp in this game. I'm cba - just not worth losing tons of time for something that i do not like even a little.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #400
djools47

djools47's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
FFS..I don't mind when enemies use Sneaky in multiplayer, but when your own team uses it surely they shouldn't appear as enemy/red to you? Really annoying when you're playing in Soft Lock and your forced to aim at one of your own teammates, shooting away like a retard wondering why the fucker isn't dying. This has got me killed so many times when the real enemy has caught me at the worst times..

That's not sneaky. It's a different burst that the enemy team can use to confuse you. I think that this burst on level 3 even enables friendly fire. And I agree with you that it's quite annoying.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #401
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by djools47 View Post
That's not sneaky. It's a different burst that the enemy team can use to confuse you. I think that this burst on level 3 even enables friendly fire. And I agree with you that it's quite annoying.
ID Cards.. ID Cards, Bro!

Never leave home without them!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #402
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:

I use ID cards now but before I did it was pretty easy to understand who's who. Either I would remember the names on which teams after a couple or minutes of playing or I would quickly look at the model and tell which faction they are. The only problem with Paranoia (the burst) is that you auto-aim onto your teammates. I know they're not enemies but if someone uses Paranoia and I'm surrounded by teammates my character acts like a Marine in Aliens.

Also I have a question, when you equip ID cards, does it work just for you or your entire team? I really hope it's the former or people playing by themselves are getting jipped.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #403
CelticWarriorDB

CelticWarriorDB's Gamercard
Quote:
Also I have a question, when you equip ID cards, does it work just for you or your entire team? I really hope it's the former or people playing by themselves are getting jipped.
It only affects you
Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #404
dwayne_hicks

Dwayne Hicks's Gamercard
I can't stand the multiplayer component of this game.

I feel that it doesn't have much balance at all.
dwayne_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #405
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne_hicks View Post
I can't stand the multiplayer component of this game.

I feel that it doesn't have much balance at all.
I actually feel R* did a pretty good job of balancing. Most things have a counter and anyone doing something cheap can be countered.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #406
flOOfgOOfer360

flOOfgOOfer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
I actually feel R* did a pretty good job of balancing. Most things have a counter and anyone doing something cheap can be countered.

I have to agree. And applaud them for adding so many ways to individualize your loadout. Sure some are unblanced - but the variety of maps, guns, burst, equipment, perks.. holy schmoley it's amazing the game works at all. Loving the variety

But since I must bitch, it would be the strength of the sniper (even in the wrist, foot) And lack of ability to posse up in game, or to kick / mute jack-wagons during a match.
flOOfgOOfer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #407
xXmyxxmastaXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
i dont think you are playing max payne 3 then
Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #408
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
i dont think you are playing max payne 3 then
Lol.. Number One on the leaderboards, Brosef.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #409
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Why the fuck did I not use these ID cards before, bit useless now that I'm 50. Done with this BS multiplayer.

Tbh though it was really fun for a while, until people started using perks.

Destiny = Refunded!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #410
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:

Tbh though it was really fun for a while, until people started using perks.
We should have a private deathmatch. I don't use armor, urban camo, helmets, bursts, dual pistols, dual uzis, mini-30s, snipers, grenade launchers or RPGs.

Just a pistol and a fine (torn) suit.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #411
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Perhaps Bullet Time and Trigger Happy should stop draining the second you get killed.
I few times I've fired off a level 3 BT only to get murdermerked from behind instantly. Respawn, and it's ALL gone. WTF? It's not like it has a benefit for the team that lasts past my death ala Big Dog, Intuition, etc.
Perhaps respawning with Level 2 BT if you get put down less than a second into the burst would be nice rather than being gipped out of the whole thing.

I think some of the team-based bursts are OP.
For instance Paranoia level 1 effects the ENTIRE enemy team.
Just firing those off all the time would be good enough.
I find a few level 1 bursts to be preferable to their level 3 counterparts.
Trigger Happy level 1 is preferable to switching weapons in the middle of a game
Weapon Double Dealer level 3 is p. lame as most players are moving and their grenades won't be killing anyone. Much prefer stripping their attachments and nicking their ammo.

PARANOIA TIP: Your team will still be signified by slightly bigger markers on the mini-map and the enemy will be the smaller circles.

Level 47, almost there!
Not sure if I'll be sticking around for the NYM Co-op at this point as it seems there's 3 more map packs coming first. Pffft.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #412
Neith

Just played the Game on Hardcore (not NYMHC) in one Sitting, well got 5 Freezes(Xbox restart needed), about 10 Glitches that forced me to restart the Checkpoint(unable to move, shoot or anything stopping me to progress), fallen two Times trough the map while everything was ok, fallen once trough the Map where the World was empty suddenly and once because all Enemy vanished (probably because a Cutscreen was not triggered!).

And i watched some new Bugs never watched till now, which are...

Double and Triple Last Stands:

Last Stand starts, i kill the Dude ... instant Last Stand again, the same Guy killed before stands again there, i kill him again ... instant Last Stand again, the same guy stands again there, i kill him again - however it only used 1 Painkiller?!? This happened about 8 Times in total for all Chapters and mostly on small Rooms.

Godmode by getting hit by a opening Door:

While shooting out of a Windows a Door opens near me and kicks me into the Wall - after that i'm suddenly in Godmode (unlimited ammo, unlimited health,..) it lasted till the next Chapter was loaded.

Godmode by bugged Last Stand:

Last Stand starts, i shoot the Dude, Last Stand does not Stop i'm suddenly in Godmode (unlimited ammo, unlimited health,..) however Movement is slow and Cam movement limited.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #413
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I hate the snipers in multiplayer! They are wayy too powerful. In one match this guy sniped me and three other teammates in a row without reloading. I think the sniper rifle should be updated so that there is a reload after one shot.
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #414
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

The GMP is actually an assault rifle with a scope. I really don't think each bullet should be as damaging as it is.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #415
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Just got auto balanced again when my team shut out the opposing team in Gang Wars! Nice! I already got my achievement but I'm not going to be fucking dominated. I like how it didn't even tell me either, I thought someone used Paranoia so I didn't bother to shoot them until I got blasted in the back. Fuck auto balance, fuck auto balance, fuck auto balance. It's the stupidest thing in the world and I STILL can't believe why ANYONE would put it in.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #416
Neith

I just noticed that Movements seems to be better on PS3 and the Scorebar is displayed in NYMHC between Chapters, on XBOX i have no Scorebar between Chapters and i seem to walk and run a lot slower than on PS3.

Also the Movements don't have this stuttering and Inputdelays on the PS3, could it be that the Problems lays on the 1080p Mode or the Xbox itself being to slow for the Game? Else they simply messed up the Xbox-Port somehow, it feels way better on a PS3 than on my XBOX to play, especially because there is almost no stuttering and delays between Input and Execution, like i notice on the Xbox.

I will try to lower the resolution to 720p, perhaps its a bit better then, if this doesn't help i want a fix for that, because its ok on PS3 so why not on Xbox?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #417
NeM2k2

NeM2k's Gamercard
I haven't been this pissed off playing multiplayer since War for Cybertron. So many bullshit kills and the lag is just awful. I have lost count of how many times I have been killed when I took cover with at least 50% health left. Your character handles like a fucking drunk guy, stumbling aimlessly about with no fucking motor skills. Pressing X to take cover works 75% of the time, the rest your guy just stands there while you get shot in the face. The game is inconsistent about what objects you can take cover behind or jump over. 75% of the time my guy rolls instead of climbing over the fucking wall right in front of him.

The spawning system is fucked in the head. Oh what's that? You died? Here, let me put you back in the game right in front of 3 enemy players with you facing away from them. Oh, you died again? I'm sorry, lets try respawning you on top of a live enemy grenade. Temporary spawn invincibility? What's that?

The weapons are a load of shit. I get killed with 1 second of leg/torso fire from dual uzis from half a map away while shooting guy in the fucking face with any of the assault rifles. The game keeps up with the tradition of rewarding the people that have been playing nonstop since release with - you guessed it - more powerful weapons to further dominate less experienced players. The lvl 40 sniper rifle is ridiculously overpowered. I got my hands on one at lvl 35 and during one stroke of luck killed about 4 guys in a row without breaking a sweat. Gee, I'd love to use that gun again. Oh wait, I can't for five more levels.

I broke my first controller last night playing this trash. We'll see if it beats the record of 2 broken controllers from War for Cybertron. I'm up to level 40 so far - 10 levels to go thank god. I don't know why I bought the season pass for this game. I guess I just have a blind love for Max Payne after playing the shit out of MP2 (one of my favorite games of all time). I hope the added achievements are easyish.

/rant

Last edited by NeM2k2; 07-26-2012 at 07:39 PM.
NeM2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #418
Neith

@NeM2k2
Yeah, Rifles are shity in Multiplayer, i noticed this really fast as i hunted to get the Deathmatch Challenge Trophy, no Way with two Handed Weapons.

Use two M10 or two M972 or one M10 and one M972 if you don't have leveled up the Guns enough, then as soon you leveled up the Weapons make them lighter and add Ammo or Damage, works wonders.

I also used a SAF40 as two handed Weapon because it seemed good, its good but nothing compared to dual wield Weapons, in fact no two handed Weapon is better.

Especially in small Areas always take Dual Wield, yeah it suxx, but it seems its the way R* wants it.

Also look that you can run unlimited or at least normal and then optimize your Stuff for Health and fast Ammo Recharge and as soon you can more Ammo, more Damage, better Weight for the Weapon to add even more Stuff like this, forget all the Armors, they are useless anyway and makes you heavier so that you can't run and Heal fast enough, and it doesn't matter anyway what you wear, one Melee hit kills you anyway.

Because of the shity respawn you die anyway within seconds sometimes and if not there then a bit later, the average Lifetime is 1-18 Seconds in small Areas with many Peoples, so look that you can take out as much as possible in that Time.

Also loot as much Bodys as you can to get Adrenalin to use your Bursts and to get Money for better Weapons and other Stuff, but depending of the Map this mostly means you get killed if you even try it... lol

But hey its the pure Chaos anyway and often the Game simply freezes because too many Peoples are throwing Grenades at the same Time while 2-3 others shotdodge out of Windows at the same Time.

The Singleplayer was messy, the Multiplayer is Catastrophic.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #419
djpatterson2011

djpatterson2011's Gamercard
I thoroughly enjoyed the Single Player for this game - great storyline and gameplay and delivery. The multiplayer on the other hand is in fact the worst I have ever played on any platform, ever, period. The 2 posts above me are spot on. I can not wait to finish multiplayer and never play it again. I can't even think of a game that is on the same level of awful for multiplayer to make a comparison. It is in a league of its own.
djpatterson2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #420
xXmyxxmastaXx

my xbox has cancer beacause of the mp.