Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
guthmund

guthmund's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Only one big so far and especially for ACHIEVEMENT WHORES like us, the damn crazy stupid long unskippable CUTSCENES. This really sucks.
Too right.

I applaud the level/checkpoint select system in place, but then to sit through 5-10 minutes of seizure inducing cinematics...christ.

Whilst I'm bitching... I would really like a reticle (for the pistols especially) that I can see without having to get all squinty looking for it.
guthmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #32
Phunt

DON P4ULEONE's Gamercard
Probably not going to be a very popular gripe but I started the game last night and have to say I was pretty disapointed. I have been holding off starting it because I wanted to finish sniper elite on hard first but now I just want more sniper. I found the controls sluggish, the game itself is way to linear, (watch a reality long cut scene, walk through an empty room then walk into a room where you will be attacked, jump around in slow motion shooting them then rinse and repeat). Admittedly I only played the first 3 chapters but it really hasn't grabbed my attention enough to want to go back to it. Think I'll get the kill Hitler add on for sniper and do that instead. awesome game.
Phunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #33
Demolition D

Demolition D's Gamercard
This isn't really a major complaint, but wish it were different.
I do not like how we have to get 5K kills before we unlock HARDCORE
Demolition D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #34
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Only complaint is the lack of classic TV shows and other little stuff from the originals. And this isn't bad because it's still written so well, Max's narration is less poetic and more comparisons. I guess that's what three dead loved ones will do to you.

I think the difficulty is great, a good challenge, and the multiplayer I've played has been very fun. Deathmatch is probably my favorite which is strange considering I'm usually more of a team deathmatch guy. The MP was a little glitchy from wha I played Tuesday but I'm sure it'll get smoothed out soon, if it already hasn't.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #35
Demolition D

Demolition D's Gamercard
Today was the first glitch problem I had. There was a guy on the other team that could set bombs, but would not die. But he couldn't kill neither.
Demolition D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #36
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition D View Post
This isn't really a major complaint, but wish it were different.
I do not like how we have to get 5K kills before we unlock HARDCORE
Totally agree, Hardcore seems like it would make the multiplayer better. I've played alot since Tuesday and I'm at 778 kills and I've actually been playing really well. I'm sure I'll hang this up long before I ever get close to 5,000 kills. 5,000 kills is ridiculous, should be around 2,000 or so. But the truth of the matter is Hardcore is probably terrible being a Rockstar title and involving friendly fire.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #37
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthmund View Post
Too right.

I applaud the level/checkpoint select system in place, but then to sit through 5-10 minutes of seizure inducing cinematics...christ.

Whilst I'm bitching... I would really like a reticle (for the pistols especially) that I can see without having to get all squinty looking for it.

WHAT?!?!?! the small white dot is awesome.. especially when you're shooting somone higher than you and the sky behind them is an off white!!! Sticks out like a sore thumb...LOL.
Serious tho... get a piece of clear tape make a retiucle with red marker or something. Start the game and place the tape on your tv where the reticles match up. Almost like a scope.. used it for this game and HALO Reach LASO challenges ( fog -no displays)....
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #38
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Nice going Rockstar. Every other game there's a fucking rock golem on the enemy team that won't die. Please stick to developing single-player only. Or at least free-roam in GTA V.

I might as well ask this here, is there any other way to check to see your leveling progress besides finishing a match? I've looked all around the menus and I can't find anything. And the titles, I can't see others titles. Am I missing something?

EDIT yet again. I'm LOVING when I die sometimes and it takes me a minute to respawn. Then I'm walking around the map like it's a ghost town because it already ended yet somehow I'm able to walk around and play with myself.

Fuck me I'm never going to shut up about how fucking horrible the multiplayer is. I want every damn person in the world to know what a piece of shit it is.

Last edited by Ham Woopan; 05-18-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Ham Woopan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #39
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
I might as well ask this here, is there any other way to check to see your leveling progress besides finishing a match? I've looked all around the menus and I can't find anything. And the titles, I can't see others titles. Am I missing something?

Fuck me I'm never going to shut up about how fucking horrible the multiplayer is. I want every damn person in the world to know what a piece of shit it is.
I can't find it anywhere either, be nice to see it. I could piss and moan about this game all day, though I will say it gets slightly better as you level up and unlock stuff. The problem is the bad outweighs the good so I'll never be able to take it seriously. For me this is a fine example of buying a game based on reviews and then regretting it.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #40
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
My only complaint so far is some of the MP weapons seem overpowered. After starting with the AK i thought i was crap, but in the following games i tried the mini 30 and the shotgun and i was MVP in my 2nd game. As much as i like raping the other team and already earning 3x 10 kill streaks, i can see a point where everyone will be using the same guns.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #41
XFistsClenchedX

XFistsClenchedX's Gamercard
Yeah. Multiplayer is among the worst I've played. I got the jump on an enemy and I was shooting the crap out of him, but he killed me anyway and it showed that I had been shot in the thighs. Come on, Rockstar! I was also virtually instantly was killed when I was shot with 3 bullets - 2 in the elbow and 1 in the hand.

XFistsClenchedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #42
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFistsClenchedX View Post
Yeah. Multiplayer is among the worst I've played. I got the jump on an enemy and I was shooting the crap out of him, but he killed me anyway and it showed that I had been shot in the thighs. Come on, Rockstar! I was also virtually instantly was killed when I was shot with 3 bullets - 2 in the elbow and 1 in the hand.
Are you still playing it?

Anyway another issue for me besides lack of spawn protection and crapping spawns is joining lobbies with others in my party only to get separated. Its rather annoying, especially when the game doesn't even bother to fix it when another match starts. I wouldn't mind it as much if its just regular people but since these people are part of my crew it annoys me. I'm all for friendly competition with friends but this effects the crews overall K/D ratio. It also keeps a member from taking part in a feud with another crew.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #43
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Nice going Rockstar. Every other game there's a fucking rock golem on the enemy team that won't die. Please stick to developing single-player only. Or at least free-roam in GTA V.

EDIT yet again. I'm LOVING when I die sometimes and it takes me a minute to respawn. Then I'm walking around the map like it's a ghost town because it already ended yet somehow I'm able to walk around and play with myself.

Funny it seems as though you are still playing it, if you are that is just stupid if you hate it so much.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #44
BlobOfSalad

X vv 4 n t 3 d's Gamercard
If you have trouble seeing the aiming reticule, go to options and turn on custom reticule or each gun. Pistols will still have the same white dot, but all other reticules will be easy to see. Laser sights are the worst though.

BlobOfSalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #45
Flame Sama

Flame Sama's Gamercard
-Lagged out of my first multiplayer game. Nothing to bitch about, just something I wanted to note.
-Fell THROUGH THE FLOOR a few times on the last level, twice in a row at the end where you're shooting at 'that one guy with the grenade launcher'. That part in general sucked...
-NOT A MAX PAYNE GAME. A good game, perhaps a great game, but this isn't a Max Payne game. I never used the shotdodge because if you were out of cover too long you'd usually regret it really quickly, and this was on Normal.
-Shotdodge having that slowness about it made me rarely use it where as I used the HELL out of it in 1 and 2.
-Stop taking control of Max to walk through doors! You aren't my fucking mom, game...
-When 'that one chick' announced she was pregnant, I had literally a second before predicted that plot point...
-Less of the easter eggs, fourth wall breaking, and parodies that made the first two games great.
-Needs more sniping.
-Etc.
100%: CoD2, Halo 3(1750), Halo 3:ODST, Dash Of Destruction, Red Dead Redemption(1500), Rock Band 2, Halo Reach (1700), Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Alan Wake(1500), Portal 2, Halo CEA, Halo 4 (2000), Minecraft, 3 on 3 NHL® Arcade, Watch Dogs, Halo: Spartan Assault (1000).
Flame Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #46
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
this game sucks ass..or should i say MOVIE

i played for 2 hours yesterday thru most of the first act, atleast 4-5 chapters and probably actually used my controller about as much as i would use my remote switching channels and using my DVR

not to mention the HIDDEN TIMELIMIT is bullshit, the few times you actually get to play they dont let you have enough time to look at anything and they got these stupid collectables which always cuts off his current speech which is actually relevant to the mission and goes off on some rant about the collectable.

the aiming is worthless, even the highest setting is worse than the semi-assist of RDR which would SNAP to the next guy(and let you switch using right stick...this game makes you release the LT and repress it to find the next guy) and this game moves slow as hell to the target and its impossible to move it UP to either aim over the cover, or for their head...compared to moving the reticule in GTA IV....WHICH CAME OUT IN 2008

its been like 10 years since Max Payne 2 so i dont even remember if most of these issues where in those games, but i do remember it actually being fun to play and not sitting watching a movie

Last edited by eiVaL; 05-18-2012 at 08:05 AM.
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #47
R3f1cul

r3f1cul's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
this game sucks ass..or should i say MOVIE

i played for 2 hours yesterday thru most of the first act, atleast 4-5 chapters and probably actually used my controller about as much as i would use my remote switching channels and using my DVR

the aiming is worthless, even the highest setting is worse than the semi-assist of RDR which would SNAP to the next guy(and let you switch using right stick...this game makes you release the LT and repress it to find the next guy) and this game moves slow as hell to the target and its impossible to move it UP to either aim over the cover, or for their head...compared to moving the reticule in GTA IV....WHICH CAME OUT IN 2008
the aiming really gets to me i just want a lil bit of sticky aim not for my guy to lock straight on the guys belly button and not be able to move at all from there, and dont even get me started on the cutscenes especially in new york minute... OMFG i never thought i could hate cutscenes more then i already did but max payne 3 has proven me wrong....
R3f1cul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #48
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I can't really bitch, but this confusion with the NY modes is doing my head right in..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #49
Russman

russman128's Gamercard
I just wish there were more checkpoints. I kill 25 guys and walk a mile just to die by one guy and have to start it all over again come on. This is not a quick pick up and play SP game which I don't like. I want to wake up and bust out 15 minutes before work but cannot because my progress won't be saved.

Yea I don't get the seizure inducing effects in the cinematics. When I am drunk I never experience these problems lol.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #50
Dukez

Voscillatez's Gamercard
Unable to skip cut-scenes. It was cool the first couples of times. Now it feels like they drag a life time. Lol.
Dukez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #51
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajan Elite View Post
Funny it seems as though you are still playing it, if you are that is just stupid if you hate it so much.
Only reason I was playing the piece of shit multiplayer was because I didn't want to be completely under leveled when I got back. I didn't want to go up against people with far better weapons and equipment. Also, I kept telling myself, "No way it can continue to get bad." Yet sadly, it did. It's just so damn bad, the spawning is on the same level as Call of Duty, Akimbo weapons beat everything, it's Halo Reach all over again with bullet bloom (i.e. complete randomness.) Even the customization is completely small and limited. In no way shape or form is this multiplayer any good.

But I officially stopped playing the multiplayer when I thought, "alright one more chance." After I finally got into a damn match after two failed attempts, what's the first thing I see charging at me? What else but a fucking rock golem. Which is the worst glitch a multiplayer game could have. If it is indeed random with no way to influence the outcome, how can anyone have fun in a game where there's some invisible dice rolling in the background determining who's going to be invincible? They should've made that a wager between rounds in Gang Wars.

Last edited by Ham Woopan; 05-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Ham Woopan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #52
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Only reason I was playing the piece of shit multiplayer was because I didn't want to be completely under leveled when I got back. I didn't want to go up against people with far better weapons and equipment. Also, I kept telling myself, "No way it can continue to get bad." Yet sadly, it did. It's just so damn bad, the spawning is on the same level as Call of Duty, Akimbo weapons beat everything, it's Halo Reach all over again with bullet bloom (i.e. complete randomness.) Even the customization is completely small and limited. In no way shape or form is this multiplayer any good.

But I officially stopped playing the multiplayer when I thought, "alright one more chance." After I finally got into a damn match after two failed attempts, what's the first thing I see charging at me? What else but a fucking rock golem. Which is the worst glitch a multiplayer game could have. If it is indeed random with no way to influence the outcome, how can anyone have fun in a game where there's some invisible dice rolling in the background determining who's going to be invincible? They should've made that a wager between rounds in Gang Wars.

Well it sucks you feel this way.Yeah spawns do suck but in my opinion they are worst than COD's spawns. Anyway if it isn't any good in no way shape or form, then you should have stopped playing in the beginning. That's your fault, it is a piece of shit to you yet you continued to play so you wouldn't be left behind. If I start playing a game and it feels like crap then I stop right away. Games that start out shitty don't get better over time.

Like I said before it sucks you and others feel this way. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, when I'm not dieing from bullshit like shit spawns and hit detection issues and spawn campers. Sadly these issues are always around in online multiplayer games. Shit spawns are in games with smaller maps. Thankfully it doesn't happen to me too often.

I did notice the spawns don't suck ass when one team is holding down one side of the map. It keeps spawning you on the side opposite of them. If you manage to push in and wipe them out then the spawns switch but then they get all out of whack again.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #53
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
I love the game so far but in chapter ix, Max just fell through the ground for a good amount of time, my screen went green and then orange -_- i just got through a bunch of guys with no painkillers left too.

First major glitch i have encountered though.

~
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #54
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Online.
I cant stand how so many people abuse the 'bullet time' online. And how when anyone online uses it, everyone goes into slow mo. Like what the fuck, really Im across the fucking map and I die cause some bitch is using it. Another thing I can not stand is how you can not switch to your secondary quick enough. You have to go to the wheel to bring it up. And why the hell is the point of having an assault rifle and you get owened by a pistol from across the map.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #55
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
THE AIMING SUCKS ASS!!!1

i pick up an FAL, aim...oh okay its gotta scope, cool....

WTF im trying to move the scope with right stick like EVERY OTHER F'NING WEAPON IN THE GAME IS CONTROLLED WHILE AIMING...

OH I SEE NOW I HAVE TO USE THE LEFT STICK TO NOT ONLY MOVE WHILE SCOPED BUT MOVE THE AIM RETICULE TOO

not to mention the aim sliders suck ass too and are completely worthless, it borders on Killzone 1-2-3 caliber(even after the developers admited an issue...and released a so called patch to fix it lol, )

oh an lets go back to the wonderfull SNIPER AIMING BEING REVERSE

every other aiming system is the same, i press up and the reticule goes up...but no were gonna be smart and say that when you use the sniper, your normal camera settings are going to reflect it, so UP is down because your camera is set to inverted....

JESUS CHRIST THEY SPENT LIKE 5 YEARS ON THIS F'ING GAME AND ALREADY RELEASE 2 GOTY caliber games in GTA IV and RDR since, what the hell happend to this game...hey guiz lets manage to do as much wrong as possible cause we've grown too high of a rep from gamers when we put our name on something

Last edited by eiVaL; 05-18-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #56
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
oh and i love the fact they try to flirt with making you seem to have an actual stealth option, yet 2 seconds into the mission theres already a SCRIPTED SHOOTOUT and every other enemy situation there-on turns into scripted shootouts....

thankfully Ghost Recon is coming out just 7 days after this P.O.S. so i wont have to put up with mediocrity for long and play a well respected tactical shooter. kudos to Ubisoft for not shying away for a month till they released, like most other devs would do on Rockstar releases cause it turned out to be a right desicsion, nobody will lose sales cause of Max Layme 3

and EASY is frustrating as hell, i damn sure aint playing thru on Normal or any others when 1 damn bullet pretty much fills half the body icon...thats if i even make it thru the campaign, im not even past the first "act" yet, got 1 f'ning achievment so far an dont even know what the hell it was for...the rest of my popups are meaningless Social Club crap which i can give 2 sh*ts about

Last edited by eiVaL; 05-18-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #57
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
oh and i love the fact they try to flirt with making you seem to have an actual stealth option, yet 2 seconds into the mission theres already a SCRIPTED SHOOTOUT and every other enemy situation there-on turns into scripted shootouts....

thankfully Ghost Recon is coming out just 7 days after this P.O.S. so i wont have to put up with mediocrity for long and play a well respected tactical shooter. kudos to Ubisoft for not shying away for a month till they released, like most other devs would do on Rockstar releases cause it turned out to be a right desicsion, nobody will lose sales cause of Max Layme 3

and EASY is frustrating as hell, i damn sure aint playing thru on Normal or any others when 1 damn bullet pretty much fills half the body icon...thats if i even make it thru the campaign, im not even past the first "act" yet, got 1 f'ning achievment so far an dont even know what the hell it was for...the rest of my popups are meaningless Social Club crap which i can give 2 sh*ts about
if you pop out around cover, they know you are there, no matter if they can see you or not. so, do not look over cover unless you want to be seen.

as for easy mode being hard, i dunno about that. i am playing hard mode and there are a few tricky spots but it's far from impossible.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #58
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajan Elite View Post
Well it sucks you feel this way.Yeah spawns do suck but in my opinion they are worst than COD's spawns. Anyway if it isn't any good in no way shape or form, then you should have stopped playing in the beginning. That's your fault, it is a piece of shit to you yet you continued to play so you wouldn't be left behind. If I start playing a game and it feels like crap then I stop right away. Games that start out shitty don't get better over time.

Like I said before it sucks you and others feel this way. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, when I'm not dieing from bullshit like shit spawns and hit detection issues and spawn campers. Sadly these issues are always around in online multiplayer games. Shit spawns are in games with smaller maps. Thankfully it doesn't happen to me too often.

I did notice the spawns don't suck ass when one team is holding down one side of the map. It keeps spawning you on the side opposite of them. If you manage to push in and wipe them out then the spawns switch but then they get all out of whack again.
I'd snip this but it would take way too long on my phone. Anyway, the other main reason I continued to play was for achievements. If there were no multiplayer achievements, I would've abandoned it after 4 matches.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #59
Oynox Slider

oynox slider's Gamercard
The story was to short. I hoped I would need some more time. Finished the first playtrough in 7:30h. Heard in some reviews, some people needed about 15 hours!!! How did the do this im asking myself.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #60
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
The only thing that I don't like is that you're unable to skip the cutscenes in the New York Minute mode.