Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #61
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If it's really true that you have to play NYM:HC from start to finish this thread is going to explode.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #62
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCen10ial View Post
If it's really true that you have to play NYM:HC from start to finish this thread is going to explode.
Well, start the ticking.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #63
XFistsClenchedX

XFistsClenchedX's Gamercard
I was killed in multiplayer from one bullet to the forearm. I'm returning this game to Blockbuster for something else. This game blows. I give it a 3/10.

XFistsClenchedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #64
TheThreeStooges

Mp is off the mark Im using an rpd and the other guy is using a pistol can u guess whos the 1st to die?, Mp for me is fun but that was for a about a day now its getting annoying people spam the shit of of rockets and grenades if there a lvl 20 and u die from a hit from the arm with a weak ass gun and they dont when your lighting them up with a LMg not to mention its a kill, die fest every 1sec cause of the spawns
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #65
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Fucking rockstar making me have to beat the game in one sitting. Screw you I've got shit to do.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #66
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
MP is atrocious!! First of all characters are about the size of mini army men, which is fucked on a 42" tv Gears 3 mastered 3rd person multi I can't stand having to squint to see the enemy even during the single player this was common. The bullet dive is practically useless because if you start the dive and get a good bead on someone you run out of ammo before you kill them. Then your laying on the ground like a moron with no ammo! Gun balancing is horrible apparently from 10 feet away an uzi and hand gun with 12 rounds wont kill you...REALLY?? not even by accident??!! MP sucks ASS in this game. RDR's MP was better than this ALOT better.
chach7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #67
ch8882002usnavy

ch8882002usnavy's Gamercard
What the hell!!!

Max Payne 3 is really starting to piss me off! I have been playing it on hard and slowly chugging my way through it but now I am either at the end or very very close to it and I can't get past the spot no matter what I do. I have been replaying this spot for the past 2 hours and have died hundreds of times. I don't even want to think about how hard this part would be on hardcore.

I am at the plane towards the end. Anyone else there that can give me tips? I try to focus on the guys and he kills me with his grenade launcher. I focus on the grenades the guys kill me. I do both they both kill me. I move they kill me. I don't move they kill me
ch8882002usnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #68
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
the cutscenes have gotten to the point of rediculous...im in the Favala and im not even shiting u

i watch a 20 minute cutscene, then they give me controll of Max to walk down one of those small little corridors, i walk 10 feet(locked walking speed) and it triggers another cutscene when i reach the door

i got up, took a shit and threw something in the microwave, each time walking past the TV and seeing a different scene it was easily 5-10 real minutes of time...im not even exaggerating, and their fake loading everytime you try to press A isnt cute either.

im not even past the 2nd act and im almost ready to send this crap back, i cant remember saying that about a Rockstar game since State of Emergency back on PS2
Old 05-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #69
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch8882002usnavy View Post
Max Payne 3 is really starting to piss me off! I have been playing it on hard and slowly chugging my way through it but now I am either at the end or very very close to it and I can't get past the spot no matter what I do. I have been replaying this spot for the past 2 hours and have died hundreds of times. I don't even want to think about how hard this part would be on hardcore.

I am at the plane towards the end. Anyone else there that can give me tips? I try to focus on the guys and he kills me with his grenade launcher. I focus on the grenades the guys kill me. I do both they both kill me. I move they kill me. I don't move they kill me
I feel your pain man. I was stuck here for over 2 hours on Hard. It was definitely the biggest pain in the ass part in the game. It even made me rage quit a couple of times. The way I was finally able to beat it was to "chain" bullet time into shootdodge. Basically I would click right stick to shoot a couple guys while I got out of cover to get the pain killers on the right side. Then before it ran out, I would shoot dodge through the air to kill a few more.

When you hit the ground you should have built up a little more bullet time from the kills. Get back in cover immediately! He'll usually lob a grenade at you if you've managed to kill all of the first wave. On the first wave, make the sniper in the plane a priority. That motherfucker will kill you instantly if you don't take him out quickly.

Once the first two cars show up, target the ones that are closer to you. Use the bullet time to shoot dodge method I mentioned earlier. Once they're dead (and sometimes before) Becker will shoot more grenades at you. Shoot dodge out of the way or be in cover to avoid damage.

Then the police car shows up. This is a sign you're almost done. There are only two guys in there if I remember correctly. Kill them and the next sequence will trigger. Max will run up the stairs and jump towards Becker. Shoot the grenade when he shoots at you. There you go. You're done.

*Spoilers?*

Once Becker is on the ground bleeding out like a bitch, DON"T SHOOT HIM. You'll get the "Push a Man Too Far" achievement.

*Spoilers End*

I really hope this helps you. I know this part can be incredibly frustrating.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #70
Phantomsiren

PhantomSiren's Gamercard
I am tired of the FREEZING in MP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get to the 4th or 5th round in Gang Wars and BAM !!!! Freeze Time !!!! Waste of fucking time!!!! Do these guys not beta test their shit on multiple Xboxs???? I am one of many who have the same problem. And before you say "Dude it's your Xbox" I have a brand new one two months old. Every other game I play on it plays fine for hours on end. Get into one/two games of MP in this and instant freeze.

/end rant
Old 05-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #71
R4wD0g496

R4wD0g496's Gamercard
Just noticed that pistols have no recoil whatsoever. I guess that explains why they keep destroying me at a distance while I wait for the Mini-30 or AK-47 crosshairs to realign. Gotta love a game that penalizes you for trying to be more skilled then your competition.
R4wD0g496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #72
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thumbs down Freeze my ass...

Aiight freezed for me the very first time. I'm on my HARD (first run) run and after I had to switch DISCS only a black screen appeared. I could hear Max Payne talking in the back but that's it until on the bottom right

appeared. I could use the guide button etc. but that's it. Had to dashboard out. Imagine this on NYM HC. FUCK OFF...

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #73
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I reckon Rockstar didn't think this out as well, never had any type of freezing issues in their previous games and with an achievement like NYM H, they should really consider saves/checkpoints and to hear the multiplayer is full of bugs just makes it worse.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #74
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Why dont 2 handed guns have a strap on them so they can go on max's back, instead of him carrying one around.

also i felt that that mona sax should've been in a flashback cut scene or something. and the tv effects were cool but got so overused that it would ruin the cut scenes altogether.

Last edited by xXmyxxmastaXx; 05-19-2012 at 02:26 PM.
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #75
Stormy2k

Stormy2k's Gamercard
Duel wields always beat my AK or RPD at close or short range in MP. Doing the excellent SP then trading this piece of shit in.

I'm on twitter @Stormy2k - Talking Games/Movies/Wrestling.
Stormy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #76
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

God damned this game so much troubles!!!
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #77
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

i want Mp 1 and 2 in a HD collection then ill be good
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #78
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with the stupid RED DOT SIGHT attachements controls in SP. This is just stupid. It's like a total new control/aiming setup. Fuck that shit man...

Signature by BAD VII

Old 05-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #79
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
i want Mp 1 and 2 in a HD collection then ill be good
Wow, I never even thought of that. That would probably be the best HD collection that they could ever make for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with the stupid RED DOT SIGHT attachements controls in SP. This is just stupid. It's like a total new control/aiming setup. Fuck that shit man...
Yeah, I don't like it as well. You can always hit Select to disable them.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #80
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
Yeah, I don't like it as well. You can always hit Select to disable them.
Really!? Shit thanks a bunch for this Converse. Will try it out next time. I know I don't have to pick up such a weapon but when you are forced to cause you ran out of ammo, well.

Next thing:

I stopped counting how many times I pressed

cause it changed automatically the camera angle when I was next or close to a wall. This sucks bad too. I want to play alway when Max is on the left side of the screen. Oh R* oh starting to piss me off for real...I know someone of their team is reading this for sure...SUCKERS...

Signature by BAD VII

Old 05-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #81
GTAmissions1

GTAmissions1's Gamercard
The invincibility that some people have are annoying me. I played several games in gang wars and sometimes when you see that they are close to death and they fall, they just move or just say they left the game. Here is an example of this invincibility glitch:

GTAmissions1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #82
jangs

Send a message via AIM to jangs Send a message via MSN to jangs

jangs's Gamercard
This just doesn't feel like a Rockstar game..
jangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #83
rjl champ rjl

iiConTr0v3rSYx's Gamercard
-Nerf the fucking MINI 30 in mulitplayer for jesus christ
-The cover system is really broken and un-responsive
-Pistols(Dualwield) over powering assault rifles (AK-47 and RPD)
-Not enough maps to choose from in mulitplayer
-A glitch were a player in multiplayer can't take damage nore do damage
-Freezing during loading and also experiencing a white box during the loading screen
-The stupid team balancing system in multiplayer were it removes the current highest scoring player on a team and move them to the losing team
-Spawn system is the worst I've experience in a game ever-Oh I kill someone,only for them and their fucking teammates to spawn behind me and MINI 30 my ass
-Why can't I see leaderboards or my current rank.No weapon description,just brought a gun in multiplayer thinking it was an assault rifle,only to find out its a sniper rifle
-END RANT-Rock* I'm realy REALLY dissapointed in this game,they better hope holding off GTA V is worth it.
rjl champ rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #84
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Thumbs down Bitch...

FREEZE MODE ROUND 2:

Just at the beginning of CHAPTER IX.

Nice one R*...

Signature by BAD VII

Old 05-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #85
tg rico72

TG RICO72's Gamercard
The spawns are a total joke. So glad I didn't buy the R* pass.
tg rico72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #86
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Really!? Shit thanks a bunch for this Converse. Will try it out next time. I know I don't have to pick up such a weapon but when you are forced to cause you ran out of ammo, well.

Next thing:

I stopped counting how many times I pressed

cause it changed automatically the camera angle when I was next or close to a wall. This sucks bad too. I want to play alway when Max is on the left side of the screen. Oh R* oh starting to piss me off for real...I know someone of their team is reading this for sure...SUCKERS...
Dude this fucking pisses me off so bad and when you're using Type 4 controls where you push the stick down to run, pushing the stick down switches the perspective from right to left everytime! This is the worst game I have bought in a long time. Fucking pile of shit, bitching thread or not if you're on the fence about getting this game, I implore you to rent it first. My copy is going back today, I don't even want to play the single player at this point.
WalterWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #87
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
And I thought prototype was shit. I'm on the hotel roof and the place is shaking and i have to watch this fat bastard stumble around the place not being able to aim at anyone. Not only is this area timed but there is prick on higher ground with full body armour and a machine gun. The best part is he gets his own entrance you must watch stopping you from making it into the "worlds worst cover system(TM)". Can't believe rockstar fucked up so badly. But I think my favourite part is how the fat bastard walks out of a cutscene with an empty weapon equipped.
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #88
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicHorns View Post
And I thought prototype was shit. I'm on the hotel roof and the place is shaking and i have to watch this fat bastard stumble around the place not being able to aim at anyone. Not only is this area timed but there is prick on higher ground with full body armour and a machine gun. The best part is he gets his own entrance you must watch stopping you from making it into the "worlds worst cover system(TM)". Can't believe rockstar fucked up so badly. But I think my favourite part is how the fat bastard walks out of a cutscene with an empty weapon equipped.
prototype 2 was fun as hell, give it a chance cause its better than the first one..
Old 05-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #89
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
prototype 2 was fun as hell, give it a chance cause its better than the first one..
I meant the first one. It was the last game I played that annoyed me this much.
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #90
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicHorns View Post
I meant the first one. It was the last game I played that annoyed me this much.
What annoyed you about Prototype? I love that series personally. Getting platinum on all of the challenges is bullshit. But besides that I don't really remember anything that was that frustrating. I need to go back and 1000 that game someday.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote