PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #151
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
Whats wrong with the spawns in the multiplayer?
I played gang wars and 5/8 times i get spawnkilled o.O
What...the...F*CK!! I couldn't even move and i get rapped in a second.
no thanks R*... I dont play the multiplayer again
Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #152
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAI JASON View Post
And you can hate me now: I think Rockstar is the most overrated company EVER. I donīt think GTA 4 OR Red Dead Redemtion are masterpieces. They just live from hype about GTA 3 and San Andreas....
Totally agree bro!

Next bitch up:

The grinding for GUESSWORK, boring, useless and fucked up. Getting tired with this crap...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #153
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Please correct me if i am playing this game wrong, but i thought the idea of Max Payne was to burst into a room, run and gun, slo mo dive and what not. I'm doing this and constantly being killed because it's taking me too long to line up the aim reticle.

Instead i'm using cover and slowly moving through the levels and having no problems, but this feels like a lackluster way to play.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #154
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Please correct me if i am playing this game wrong, but i thought the idea of Max Payne was to burst into a room, run and gun, slo mo dive and what not. I'm doing this and constantly being killed because it's taking me too long to line up the aim reticle.

Instead i'm using cover and slowly moving through the levels and having no problems, but this feels like a lackluster way to play.
Depends on what diff. you are playing it at. However, i like how they made the cover system not an after thought but that you could plan your attacks and improvise covering + bullet time and bullet dodging all together.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #155
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll X ll View Post
Depends on what diff. you are playing it at. However, i like how they made the cover system not an after thought but that you could plan your attacks and improvise covering + bullet time and bullet dodging all together.
I'm playing on hard, but all the videos i saw before release had Max running and diving around rooms. I tried this and no good, i'm going through painkillers like they're Tic Tacs.

I just wasn't sure if i was doing something wrong, but like you said, the cover system + bullet time is making this game a breeze to get through.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #156
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Free aim is difficult to get used to except for when in bullet time.

Can't skip cutscenes.

Can't reload checkpoint while dying.

Can't tell where the fuck a checkpoint is at.

Movement and aiming feels 'sticky,' meaning when you move it doesn't stop moving exactly where you do.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #157
Ninja Sharingan

Ninja Sharingan's Gamercard
Spawn points are bullshit and damage balance is
all fucked up, put a full clip into people and nothing, they turn round and shoot me in my arm or big toe or some shit and I'm dead, and no, no one else is shooting me. cut scenes, hand the fact that you only have one slot to play on. my missus started a game and over writ my fuckin save! what sort of game only has one save slot??
Ninja Sharingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:14 AM   #158
nappster187

Nappster187's Gamercard
Spawns suck....

Enemies show in white and teammates show in red breifly after spawning...

Then after winning 2 gangwar chapters, they switched me to the other team causing me not to get that secret achievement....

I hope they fix these glitches soon....

Completed Retail & DLC: 28
latest: Madden NFL 25(xb1 & 360)

Completed Arcade: 7
Latest: Uno Rush
nappster187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #159
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Why the fuck did they make you use the left stick during the sniper part? WTF?!?!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 AM   #160
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Why the fuck did they make you use the left stick during the sniper part? WTF?!?!
Left stick? it was still the same stick i used for the aiming for me.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:26 AM   #161
Nevander

Quote:
Left stick? it was still the same stick i used for the aiming for me.
What the hell? For me it made me use the left stick to control scope movement.

Glitch maybe or is it because I have invert look on? I always play shooters so up is down and down is up. I can't stand having it up-up down-down. I don't know why, it's just so awkward for me.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:31 AM   #162
jangs

Send a message via AIM to jangs Send a message via MSN to jangs

jangs's Gamercard
This is just so sad. Could there be a patch that would change some basic major flaws in the game so that it's playable or even the least bit fun? I love the story so far, but can't get myself to play it. And for a Rockstar game that's rare. (I played LA Noire nonstop, it was slow but still had the Rockstar touch)
jangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #163
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Yeah that's just so dumb.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #164
Phantomsiren

PhantomSiren's Gamercard
FIX THE FUCKING FREEZING IN MP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tired of wasting 30 minutes in Gang Wars to be robbed of XP and $$. Yes there our other modes that are slower to gain XP. I want to rank up fast.

Second, I don't need to read "Still Loading" for 5 minutes in a cutscene before I can skip it. You want me to replay through the game multiple times??? Then make it realistic to do so!!!

God damn Rockstar, BETA TEST YOUR SHIT!!!!! I expect something like this from a Brink game, not "Rockstar."
Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #165
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
Quote:
Same problem here
I searched this bug via google and found out that this problem will happen
when you play with inverted control-setting.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #166
DeaDMau5

single player keeps freezi...

spawn system in multi... JOKE

the loading time for E V E R Y T H I N G... #U*K get on with it already...
DeaDMau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #167
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Maaan I'm sick n tired of this shit, it keeps on freezing.

I was grinding for my very last one DOUBLE DAMAGE. Had like over 800 kills and I got killed accidently, wanted to retry but only BLACK-SCREEN shows up.

FUCK YOU R* really FUCK YOU...

Now I have to do it all over again. I lost over 300 kills due to this. SUCKERS...
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #168
Nevander

One time I had the black screen and then hit reload checkpoint and my screen came back. Don't know if I just got lucky though.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #169
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
LOADING, LOADING AND MORE LOADING. Want to skip a cut scene, still loading, I'm sick and tired of seeing the same shit when I play a chapter, just let me skip it FFS.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #170
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The main thing I hate is in the first part, he's drunk and doped up and I'm tired of seeing blurred images and a shakey camera view. Does he ever sober up, so this crap will stop?

That and 1/2 of the achievements are going to be close to impossible for me to get.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #171
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
The main thing I hate is in the first part, he's drunk and doped up and I'm tired of seeing blurred images and a shakey camera view. Does he ever sober up, so this crap will stop?

That and 1/2 of the achievements are going to be close to impossible for me to get.
It'll still be there but way, way less. I think this is a hate it and love it type of thing. For me, i love it and gives it a unique and immersive look to the game as it lets you see things from Max's point of view, other players may not give a fuck about that but i respect a risk.

So far, they really need to do is balance the MP and fix the glitches + getting kicked to the dashboard shit. My hardcore playthrough didn't glitch but i got kicked out once and now on my Old school playthrough, it happened again in a middle of a shoot out. I heard the PS3 version doesn't have any problem so, that's interesting.

Finally, im glad the game shipped 3 million already and it topped UK sales (going over Diablo 3 even) so, i can safely say Max is back! weather they do a new game or not it's up to them but even if they ended it here, i still think its great because it ended perfectly.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #172
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
I'd like to finally throw my hat in with the others bitching about unskippable cutscenes & long load times. Playing through normal NYM at the moment & this shit is unbearable.

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #173
ll X ll

It seems im the only one who enjoy the cutscenes, lol. This is my 5th playthrough now (easy, hard, hardcore, NYM and old school right now)Im still enjoying the game as much as i was the first time i played the game. After old school im going to jump to NYM: HC and give it a go! can't wait. Hopefully, i don't get kicked to dashboard because that shit is not cool. Already got kicked twice. We'll see.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #174
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I had to laugh when my game glitched on me. This is what happened:

[End Cutscene]

"Insert Disc 2 to Continue"

[Inserted disc 2]

Dashboarded
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #175
TheThreeStooges

My bitch is the fucking slowwww asss lvling to 50 and the spawn points does'nt R know how damn annoying it is to spawn then die literally a second after?!?, Nuke the damage to the dual pistols too holy smokes i can unload on a guy with an rpd or mini yet im the one who still gets killed
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #176
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
I had to laugh when my game glitched on me. This is what happened:

[End Cutscene]

"Insert Disc 2 to Continue"

[Inserted disc 2]

Dashboarded
Yup same here! Definitely worth a major patch/update cause we are not the only one.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #177
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Yup same here! Definitely worth a major patch/update cause we are not the only one.

Homie you need to put this game down for a while, before you bust a blood vessel. Just think LOLLIPOP Chansaw(BONERTIME) will be out soon and you will forget about ol payne.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #178
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
Homie you need to put this game down for a while, before you bust a blood vessel. Just think LOLLIPOP Chansaw(BONERTIME) will be out soon and you will forget about ol payne.
LMFAO shut up man hahaha. So true!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #179
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Quote:
It seems im the only one who enjoy the cutscenes, lol. This is my 5th playthrough now (easy, hard, hardcore, NYM and old school right now)Im still enjoying the game as much as i was the first time i played the game. After old school im going to jump to NYM: HC and give it a go! can't wait. Hopefully, i don't get kicked to dashboard because that shit is not cool. Already got kicked twice. We'll see.
I'm with you bud I loved the cutscenes, but I'm also not going to do all my playthroughs back to back to back to back to back lol. They'll fix the MP it just needs a serious update, but it just came out so they'll need some time to tweak it. That being said I hate the MP lol I dont like 3rd person shooters that have that panoramic a field of view. Just looking over my guy's shoulder when he shoots is fine.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #180
ll X ll

Yeah, i feel you. I just finished my Old School playthrough and i only got kicked to the dashboard once, everything else was smooth. Reached the end with 8 painkillers and i just kept hiding behind the luggage through out the whole shoot out, lol. When Becker shoots, he hits the luggage causing them to fall of so you just go to the luggage besides you.

Now i am left with NYM: HC, but first i'll do the melee kills thing, Grinds and im off to NYM:HC.