Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #181
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
MP today has been terrible! Laggy and freezing a lot! I've tried 3 matches and haven't been able to complete any of them. Disappointed in Payne

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #182
Relevart

Relevart's Gamercard
The whole MP!

As others said, the freezes, spawns and... damn people can kill me with 2 shots, i took a full magazine to kill a guy :\

never getting the "be the #1 in a deatmatch", probably

Relevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #183
Kovy88

Kovy88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I would have liked to have grenades and molotovs in the single player campaign like in Max Payne 1 and 2. The enemies just seems to camp too much and there's often nothing you can do about it, when you don't have explosives to throw. Only the grenade launcher was there to help a bit, but I counted only one occasion you get to use it during the whole game.

Kovy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #184
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
5 fresh moans, hot from the kitchen!

As mentioned earlier the disc change over is a little rusty, my experience:
Complete Chapter 6, switch disc, watch a bit of the cutscene, press A to see if it's loaded, screen goes black and McCaffery keeps talking, Chapter 7 never loads.
I quit to dashboard and restart the game.
go to Continue Story
PLEASE INSERT DISC 1 TO CONTINUE
and I'm sent back to the last 3 dudes in Chapter 6 before you push the filinf cabinet over.
c'mon man, like, save instantly on a disc change!

Was trying to get the Sometimes you get Lucky achievement (Hotel rooftop tremors headshot) and kept restarting checkpoint until I didn't have any sound any more.
Well there was a tiny bit of sound, there was three popping noise when I pressed RT to fire my gun, but then nothing after that and no sound at all for enemy fire.
No regular OST in the background, but the tremor noises were still there.
This continued through my remaining play for the night.

Chapter 3, Raul Passos runs ahead and finds some dude in what looks like a conference room and starts interrogating him, you walk halfway across the room, it's interrupted, some enemies run in.
With this I have no problem, it's about time you can skip scenes!
What I don have a problem with is that after the enemies storm the room, you be facing in the opposite direction you were just walking, with your back to the enemies. WTF?

4 and 5 I have VIDEO EVIDENCE of:
Yes my phone has a shit camera, easy on the fun-making plz im sensitive

There's another glitch I've recorded, but it might be an Easter Egg. (Haven't uploaded it yet)
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #185
ll X ll

It's weird how all these problems are only in the 360 version. Something tells me R* played this in favor of the PS3 this time around.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #186
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Playing New York Minute, get to Chapter 3 and go through it, first time, no problem, great run. Completely forget about the last kill you have to get when you crash through the window. Die on the last fucking person with what should've been the easiest kill on the level. Now having a shit ton of trouble getting through level, making shit shots and bad luck.

I am beyond annoyed.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #188
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The AI is pissing me off. Why in hell would you rush a guy behind cover with an AK47. WHY!?! Here I am sitting here trying to pick guys off and one piece of shit rushes me with a shotgun and of course he gets behind me instantly because the aiming is slow and I die. What the hell.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #189
TheThreeStooges

Mp glitches constant instant heal and i mean constant, I can literally unload 2 clips into a guy and he'll stilll heal or he'll have zero health and still walk around, Other problems are akimbos are way to over powered along with this one shot kill to a body part and your dead bs
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #190
RaidenX52

RaidenX52's Gamercard
I find the lack of grenades and molotovs disturbing.
I am so bored of going into bullet time, shooting some heads, hoping I don't take any damage, and repeating the process all campaign long.

I remember when playing Max Payne was fun
Old 05-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #191
Oynox Slider

oynox slider's Gamercard
Old 05-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #192
OldTymer72

OldTymer72's Gamercard
getting into that building with the zipline in panama - what a fucking annoying place - impossible to get the scoped gun without getting shot instantly and moving max around is purely based on luck.... had to quit that shit on old school after i destroyed my headset... rockstar wtf were u thinking?!!
OldTymer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #193
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oynox Slider View Post
That's genius!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #194
Jack Napier

Jas x God's Gamercard
5 different matches froze up on me in mp yesterday- all of them in gang wars. was going after that clean sweep achievement. this is why I hate mp achievements gotdammit.
Jack Napier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #195
dfeeney13

R0NBURGUNDY13's Gamercard
I loved max payne 1 and 2 and I was really looking forward to this with huge anticipation but playing number 3 is like asking for a xbox 360 for xmas and getting a gameboy advance! Horrible game, basically max is shit at everything, apart from his dive forward to then stay lying on the ground or the shootdodge where he just kinda falls over. Hes really good at that! Ai is total bollocks who would charge at someone in cover?! I have never seen so many cut scenes in all my life. more cutscenes then playing. You finally get control of max and then you do something amazing then its cutscene! Also from a cheevo perspective it doesn't like giving them up! been playing 5 hours and still nothing! Its back to the store to be traded I'm afraid! very disappointed!
dfeeney13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #196
cheeky 315

cheeky 315's Gamercard
this has been mentioned countless times but the cutscenes are fucking ridiculous after you beat the game once

grenades would be nice

MP just sucks balls far too many issues to list here

Max Payne 3 (rank)
black ops (Moon easter egg)
Black ops II (tower of babel and all DLC)
F.E.A.R 3 (insane coop and contractions)

cheeky 315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:55 AM   #197
So12rovv

So12rovv's Gamercard
Two words gun balance.
So12rovv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #198
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
After beating it here are my main complaints:
  • AI is way too accurate.
  • Max is like 500 lbs, takes him forever to stand the hell up.
  • Last Stand kill sequences sometimes bullshit you (run out of ammo or can't hit the guy).
  • You can get hit too easily when blindfiring. Shouldn't get hit at all when doing that IMO.
  • Even on Hard the AI seems to sometimes one hit or two hit kill you. That's for Hardcore dammit, not in standard Hard.
That's about it. As for the game itself (graphics, story, etc.) is all spot on.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #199
Shabba
Banned User

Lastman standing not having a soft lock, this is so retarded. Just like when he is facing forward he still insists on bringing his guns forward in some 360 degree arc which doesn't make any sense if the gun was in posistion anyway. The amount of times lastman standing kills, mainly due to not having a soft lock. Totally absurd, enemies often go back into cover before the gun is posistion to kill in this mode. While not hitting the right enemy, there is nothing to identify the right target apart from red dot which sometimes is very hard to identify due to the colour of the screen in this mode. Enemies firing but due the FPS there is a wall or pillar in the way, because fatty's ass is taking up the screen instead of him looking forward.

Animations that cannot be skipped. even in the one minute game there is still sometimes upto 5 minutes plus of animations, within the one minute games, I.e on levels 3, 9 and 12. Seriously there is nothing worse then seeing a fat bald man bellyflop, then get up like a cripple and bellyflop again, while listening to his life story.

Why doesn't he, after doing a shootdoge have some kind of roll to get into cover. A button doesn't work from prone he still stand up. Rather then prop himself up with his gun after everytime he flops, which is as slow as his diving.

Guns that don't fire the sight has disappered and only comes back into play after moving which allows the gun/s to function as intended.

Getting stuck while in cover and having to exit and load the game, he won't fire or move at all.

The game freezing between levels or loads.

Last edited by Shabba; 05-25-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #200
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nice one R*. Just joined my very first MULTIPLAYER XP EVENT in hope to own a few R* clowns and guess what...IT FROZE after 1 minute...
Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #201
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Nice one R*. Just joined my very first MULTIPLAYER XP EVENT in hope to own a few R* clowns and guess what...IT FROZE after 1 minute...
Not as bad as actually getting into a few games with cheaters.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #202
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
After beating it here are my main complaints:
  • AI is way too accurate.
  • Max is like 500 lbs, takes him forever to stand the hell up.
  • Last Stand kill sequences sometimes bullshit you (run out of ammo or can't hit the guy).
  • You can get hit too easily when blindfiring. Shouldn't get hit at all when doing that IMO.
  • Even on Hard the AI seems to sometimes one hit or two hit kill you. That's for Hardcore dammit, not in standard Hard.
That's about it. As for the game itself (graphics, story, etc.) is all spot on.
1) Games are supposed to be challenging, or did this aspect die out with the last generation?
2) He's old and he's an alcoholic with a drug problem. I'd like to see you get up fast at his age, let alone his addiction that adds to his fatigue.
3) If you can't hit the guy, blame your aim, not the game. (it rhymes )
4) The top of your head and your arms are exposed when blindfiring, so it's only natural that you would get shot while doing it. If you didn't get hit at all, then everybody would just blindfire behind cover the whole game.
5) You have bodyparts, just like the enemy. They shoot you in the head and you die. They unload a shotgun close range at you - you die. Simple balistic mechanics.

Last edited by KriugerisLT; 05-25-2012 at 04:06 PM.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #203
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
1) Games are supposed to be challenging, or did this aspect die out with the last generation?
2) He's old and he's an alcoholic with a drug problem. I'd like to see you get up fast at his age, let alone his addiction that adds to his fatigue.
4) The top of your head and your arms are exposed when blindfiring, so it's only natural that you would get shot while doing it. If you didn't get hit at all, then everybody would just blindfire behind cover the whole game.
5) You have bodyparts, just like the enemy. They shoot you in the head and you die. They unload a shotgun close range at you - you die. Simple balistic mechanics.
Its a hate it or love it type of game. Some people on here also seem to be thinking it will be open world or something, lol. For me, i love the realistic touches, it adds depth to the game that is not present in ANY 3rd person shooter this generation.

For me, i love it but there are some that don't oh well, atleast im enjoying it more then the people who don't i guess, lol.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #204
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Exactly. What's funny is that there are people that are actually bitching about the lack of regenerating HP. Seriously? Regenerating HP has been cheap since the first time it was put in games. About 4/5 of games nowadays have the regenerating health. Rockstar would really fuck with the fans if they had removed the pain killer health restoration system.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #205
Hoborg
Banned User

Quote:
It pretty much died out with the advent of the 360 because it forced Sony to implement achievements. Needless to say, I think many don't expect overly hard games this generation because we like to collect achievements as fast as possible.

I don't think anyone enjoys a game that has a 9 or 10/10 achievement difficulty.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #206
Shabba
Banned User

It isn't about loving it or hating it.

It really is down to why the hell didn't they make it right? By getting rid of those gazzillion errors and glitches that are everywhere. How hard is that to make it right? In my first playthrough I encountered numerous errors and glitches and since completeing the rest of the single achieves. I have come across so many many more. These errors that shouldn't be in any game of this calibre, or any shooter. Much less a big branded RS game.

A few small things could have really improved this game, making it that little bit extra user friendly no it wouldn't have made it easier just logicaly better.

He didn't need to get up like a cripple, but simply roll from prone, like when rolling down a hill. Is this to much to ask from somebody who seems to dive and land on his azz or belly all the time?

Skipping out animations and let us the gamers decide which we will watch after a playthrough. By the time you have done single 3-4 times and NYM that many more. There is nothing worse then watching all those animations again and again. I switch my telly's SKY on, and watch adverts they are that much better in the 1-3 minutes it takes. Single player between levels is like 5 minutes + of animations. Come on now

Making it properly to begin with please, so that we won't have this kind of thread.

Good games never have them

Last edited by Shabba; 05-25-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #207
TheThreeStooges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
It pretty much died out with the advent of the 360 because it forced Sony to implement achievements. Needless to say, I think many don't expect overly hard games this generation because we like to collect achievements as fast as possible.

I don't think anyone enjoys a game that has a 9 or 10/10 achievement difficulty.
what are you talking about people who can max out a 9/10 or 10/10 diff achievement game feels like an accomplisment, Not everyones like you who plays my horse and me, I played dead space 2 on the hardest and felt great beating it on hard after all the frustration it caused me
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #208
Nevander

Quote:
1) Games are meant for fun for the general audience, a challenge to those who want it. Me, I don't care for challenges as I play games to un-wind, not wind-up.

2) I can understand if he was like an 80 year old crippled man, but come on. If you were getting shot at, you'd get your ASS UP.

3) So you've never once been hit into Last Stand you your aim is obstructed by some bullshit object or Max is holding the gun backwards like an idiot and it makes you die? Right.

4) In practically every game with a cover system, blindfiring is the method to use when you want to hit people without them hitting you, at least as easily. My problem is getting hit while blindfiring takes too much health (the same if you are shot anywhere else just about) and the AI seems to be JUST as accurate.

5) No shit, but this isn't real life once again. Hardcore is where you die in 1-3 shots. NOT HARD. Difficulties man. Hard should not be the same as Hardcore. I should not die in 1-3 hits (from across rooms MIND YOU, not a shotgun right in front of me, no shit that would one hit kill me).

Lastly, I haven't complained about the health system because I know it was that way in MP1 and MP2. Without painkillers it wouldn't be Max Payne.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #209
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post

Oh god hoborg,
Reading your posts really makes me wanna vomit most of the times.
So first of all you're talking for the majority because you think how everyone feels about hard achievements and second: how many great games have you skipped just because they had hard cheevos.
I really feel sorry for you because everthing I read from you points towards you beeing a really sad and unsatisfied being.
Further on I have a tip for you. Why don't you check for games on trueachievements that have a really low TA ratio maybe you can find joy in those.
Many kids games are piss easy could you really enjoy such games?! I'm afraid after all I read from you that you unfortunately would.
I'm glad not everyone is like you.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #210
Shabba
Banned User

Hardcore mode is fractionally harder then Hard mode. 1 shot will kill sometimes 2 if they are firing from range. Use free aim and you have a challenge. I did when I played these modes it was fun. Otherwise they are quite simple with the locks. RB between covers use strafe in bullet time while out in the open, and always RB if groups of 1-3.

The main thing is try not to enter lastman standing. I really think last man standing should have had a soft lock, or it shouldn't exist. It would have been user friendly to help identify your target. The screen darkens in last man standing and seeing your target with the red sight is almost impossible while they duck back in cover or when fighting multiple enemies. As Max is being a payne and doing something totally stupid with his gun.

NYM Hardcore is easier then NYM normal. Obviously without dying is why it is hardcore. I am annoyed that, NYM the score shows the Hardcore times even on the normal NYM. In Hardcore, the last levels finish time is added to the next levels time. These scores are ridiculous and should have had a sperate scoreboard for each Mode.

The challenge isn't in from any achieve in this game it is simply putting up with his shit after so many playthroughs. It isn't challenging just tedious and boring. This could have been cured with a simple skip animation button.

Last edited by Shabba; 05-25-2012 at 10:26 PM.