PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Darkest of Days
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
1morey

sk8tbdkid's Gamercard
Enjoyment out of this game?

Did anyone actually enjoyed playing this game, and thought it was fun? I'm thinking about getting it, cause it looks fun. BUt I heard so much things about how horrible it is, that I kinda have my doubts about it. I don't care about graphics, and I'm pretty patient so loading screens won't bug me, so is this a game I should buy (For those who enjoyed it)?

1morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
djhepcat

DJHepcat's Gamercard
the only reasons to play through this game are: a) for points b) you know one of the devs and want material to mock them with.
djhepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 AM   #3
Onsidic

Onsidic's Gamercard
Definately have to agree, im currently working through this.
Great idea for the scenario, but poorly executed.
From the disk spinning loudly in the machine(nothing else does this for me), to graphic stuttering.
Poor story, poor voice acting from "Mother"
Some of the setting were nice, but repetivite levels.
Some of the game you don't even need to stop, you just run from checkpoint to checkpoint
What might have been a good game turned into, rent/gamefly(what ever else you use) play through the entire game on easy and switch to hard (with chest hair) at the end. Easy 1000.
Onsidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
no enjoyment from playing this. Although a part of me felt really sorry for the guys/ladies that designed this game at the very end of it. LOL wow, what a horrid game especially on the civil war parts. have fun, and yes its a VERY easy 1000.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Krazy RN

Krazy RN's Gamercard
It is by far not the worst game out there for the 360. The graphics are poor I give you that. The story was ok and gameplay was ok. The only problem I have is that these games should not come out at a 60 dollars price tag. They should come out at a very lower amount on the shelf from day one. Also it is nice to have an easy 1000 every once in awhile LOL.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:31 AM   #6
BangBangBang

Send a message via AIM to BangBangBang

BangBangBang's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy RN View Post
It is by far not the worst game out there for the 360.
Completely agree. I got 3 achievements in it ("Horse Puncher", "Rage Fists", and "Ghandi Award"), and I think I'm saying that is enough. I have no plans to go any further. The hit detection when punching the enemies was atrocious. It was terribly frustrating getting that on the first night level on the Civil War story line. The way you reload is a pain too, it jams up if you don't hit "X" on that certain green spot.....give me a break. I wanted to get the drowning achievement, but I don't think I can make myself play through anymore. I do not recommend this game to anyone....unless you are a big Civil War buff and just need it for that reason.

I only played the game to get the "Horse Puncher" achievement. Mission: COMPLETED!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:21 AM   #7
Sir Salford

Sir Salford's Gamercard
***Possible spoiler***

Avoid unless you like your gamerscore really easy 1k took me about 7.5 hours to max it. The only fun part of the game was the secret mission at the end of the game. It was only fun because you had to kill the development team... Maybe they should have just killed themselves before making this shit.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
This be DMK

Send a message via AIM to This be DMK

This be DMK's Gamercard
I just got the game really cheap, after wanting to try it fairly bad, but didn't want to have to order it or go out of my way to find it. So far though I can see a lot of things that will get annoying down the line, but so far nothing has turned me off and I still want to progress in the game.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #9
isw42

isw42's Gamercard
I actually bought the game day one and really enjoyed. Beat it twice and got all the achievements. I thought the story had a lot of potential, but obvious lack of money prevented it from being great in the audio/graphics department.
isw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #10
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhepcat View Post
the only reasons to play through this game are: a) for points b) you know one of the devs and want material to mock them with.
LOL so true. I made the mistake of starting this pile of shit game but will finish it until the end. Good God....worst game I have olayed in many MANY years.