PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #31
pjlambo

pjlambo's Gamercard
For GUESSWORK the last battle from the bus at the end of Chapter 10, if the guys get killed by vehicle explosions do their deaths still count for the blindfire grind? If not it's hard to avoid losing half your potential kills to exploding cars. Is there another place that is good for this grind? I'm thinking the fight inside the airport hangar in the last Chapter. Anyone think of any other place?
pjlambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
chapter 3.11 for Dodge Brawl & Artful Dodge + the 8-second Shootdodge

Chapter 10.final checkpoint for Wreckage (about 8 vehicles) plus some grenades to shoot for Fire Works

Chapter 5.13 (I'm pretty sure it's 13) for grinding Fire Works alone, boat throws out a molotov about every 5 seconds, much faster than Becker

Chapter 8.2 for The Lounger, just SD backwards, blast the first 3 dudes, then run down to the icy road and kill another 6 and restart checkpoint because the last guy will put you into a 2-ish-minute unskippable scene.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #33
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I never understood developers' desires to put achievements that must be done by "grinding". You already need to play through the game 5 times, isn't that enough? Regardless, nice guide. I will be using it to tidy up once I complete all my playthroughs.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #34
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
I expected these to be a pain in the ass but after playing through the game 3 and half times. I only have 5 grinds left and even then it won't take THAT long.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #35
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
For the fireworks grind go to CHAPTER 8 CHECKPOINT 4 and there is a guy up top with a grenade launcher, his goons never run forward and you are in perfect cover. Just shoot the grenades until you run out of ammo and reload Tip: Have free aim on and be looking into the sky, you want a little bit of a distance between the tip of the gravestone and the head of the statue otherwise you find yourself locking onto the grenadier instead of the grenade

(I saw someone else posted this but I hope this provides more detail)

90,000G - 01/08/2013
Batman: Arkham City

Last edited by O0mix0O; 05-29-2012 at 05:30 PM.
O0mix0O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #36
LimeySkate

Speedy Kill Cam

The quickest and easiest point I found to rack up Kill Cam score is Chapter VIII (8), Checkpoint 7 - this only gives you a pistol as a weapon - load up Checkpoint 6 and proceed from there and you can pick up an SMG and a shotgun... if you need dual wield kills, remember to switch to them BEFORE going near the gate to continue to the next Checkpoint.

Chapter VIII (8), Checkpoint 7
This is the guy about to shoot Passos... depending on your weapon loadout, you can get pistol, SMG or Shotgun kills. You can also get head, arm, leg, or groin shots - just choose where you want to hit him!

You automatically get a Kill Cam score and don't have to waste time killing anyone else to get it... once you have fired, it initiates a slo-mo kill shot AND if you can squeeze off a few more rounds continuously and immediately after your first shot, I find that they count as Kill Cam hits too.

Once Passos moves you can switch to the Menu and restart checkpoint, then its the usual rinse and repeat - it is monotonous, but you can rack up a lot of Kill Cam hits without having to mess about killing anyone else, and you can choose any difficulty setting and aiming mode 'cos you only have one target to kill.

My first post... hope it is of some help to you

Cheers!

Last edited by LimeySkate; 06-06-2012 at 06:18 AM.
LimeySkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #37
OldTymer72

OldTymer72's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by O0mix0O View Post
For the fireworks grind go to CHAPTER 8 CHECKPOINT 4 and there is a guy up top with a grenade launcher, his goons never run forward and you are in perfect cover. Just shoot the grenades until you run out of ammo and reload Tip: Have free aim on and be looking into the sky, you want a little bit of a distance between the tip of the gravestone and the head of the statue otherwise you find yourself locking onto the grenadier instead of the grenade

(I saw someone else posted this but I hope this provides more detail)
just did this - works perfect. My advice though: Use hard lock, look up, pop out and shoot. I never used the sticks once I hit the grenade EVERY time.
OldTymer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #38
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Finally got around to working on my grinds after completing all the difficulty-story achievements and I thank you for this guide man, super helpful! I haven't read all the pages yet but does anyone have a solid checkpoint for shotgun kills? I only have 370/1000
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #39
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Finally got around to working on my grinds after completing all the difficulty-story achievements and I thank you for this guide man, super helpful! I haven't read all the pages yet but does anyone have a solid checkpoint for shotgun kills? I only have 370/1000
Chapter 1 not sure what checkpoint. When you come out of elevator and max shouts wheres bronco kill the guys pick up shotgun get to the car park when you take cover behind pillar kill the 4 guys and the guy behind the gate but don't open the gate then just restart checkpoint. Also you only need 500 not 1000.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #40
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Chapter 1 not sure what checkpoint. When you come out of elevator and max shouts wheres bronco kill the guys pick up shotgun get to the car park when you take cover behind pillar kill the 4 guys and the guy behind the gate but don't open the gate then just restart checkpoint. Also you only need 500 not 1000.
ahh good find man! I'll use this method later tonight to finish this last grind up. and yeah, I realized after getting 250 kills that Plat. is only 500, the Official Guide Book had many typos on their grinds unfortunately.

Last edited by BiggD; 06-18-2012 at 04:37 PM.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #41
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Are we not updating this then? Seems like a missed opportunity to help some members out.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #42
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Are we not updating this then? Seems like a missed opportunity to help some members out.
If I get around to it, I'm going to make my own grind guide, fully updated with multiple places each can be done.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #43
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
If I get around to it, I'm going to make my own grind guide, fully updated with multiple places each can be done.
That would be cool. I've only got the Shotgun grind to go but, I dropped by and noticed this one hasn't been touched in quite some time.

That reminds me; I haven't updated my Dead Rising 2: Off The Record Useful Links thread in a while...

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #44
BSG Viper Jock

Canary Wundaboy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I'm very happy to say that the guide is mistaken about the shotgun kills grind. You only need 500 not 1000. I was grinding this out earlier and got it by surprise. I'm really glad this was the case.
Came here just to say the same thing, thank God it's only 500.

Retail completed 33 - Arcade completed 5

Proudest 100%'s -
Dragon Age 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 1 & 2, Halo 3/ODST/Reach/Wars, Assassins Creed 1/2/Brotherhood, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Call of Duty 2/4/MW2/Black Ops, The Force Unleashed I & II, skate 1 & 3, Fallout 3, Blue Dragon

Currently Working On - Gears of War 3, Kinect Sports, Deus Ex: HR, Halo CE: Anniversary, Guitar Hero 5
BSG Viper Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #45
SteveDGamer

SteveDG4mer's Gamercard
I need two more, one platinum for duel weild weapon kills, and one for shotgun kills. Yes, I left the best for last muahahaha
Old 06-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #46
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I didn't realize until reading this thread that the grinds are ranked up by bronze, silver, gold etc. I don't think these will be too bad because they make you play through the game so much. After my second playthrough I will just look at which ones I need to pay more attention too on my third playthrough.

Btw if you get a few kills and then you die do those kills still count for the grind even though you died in the shootout or whatever?
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #47
BSG Viper Jock

Canary Wundaboy's Gamercard
If you die, they count.

BUT you MUST quit back to the main menu for the stats to be saved. I lost ~70 melee kills because my xbox froze, when I booted back up they were all gone.

Retail completed 33 - Arcade completed 5

Proudest 100%'s -
Dragon Age 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 1 & 2, Halo 3/ODST/Reach/Wars, Assassins Creed 1/2/Brotherhood, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Call of Duty 2/4/MW2/Black Ops, The Force Unleashed I & II, skate 1 & 3, Fallout 3, Blue Dragon

Currently Working On - Gears of War 3, Kinect Sports, Deus Ex: HR, Halo CE: Anniversary, Guitar Hero 5
BSG Viper Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #48
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Fire Works is so much easier on Chapter VIII, Checkpoint 4. Kill the guys shooting at you with guns, but not the guy with the grenade launcher on the balcony. Aim out of cover at the angel statue's breasts. Yeah, really. Now shoot the grenades as they're fired. You don't ever need to use bullet time unless your reflexes are horrible.

He shoots every 5 seconds and you can shoot them pretty much as soon as the grenades are fired. You could have all 200 required for the grind in less than 20 minutes.

Reload the last checkpoint when you run out of ammo.

I like bitching threads.

Last edited by Spock; 06-30-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #49
deadtrooper

just so everyone knows it's 500 shotgun kills not 1000
deadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #50
xxAF7ERxLIFExx

Xxaf7erxlifexx's Gamercard
I'm confused on the Keep It Simple Grind. I got the 50-100-250. But then afterwards it shows 500 is the next progress. Is it 1000 or 500? And is 500 the final Platinum level?
The same thing is said for Rapid fire. Again 500 displayed but your guide shows 1000.
Thanks,
T

Last edited by xxAF7ERxLIFExx; 07-15-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: addt'l info
xxAF7ERxLIFExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #51
Immortaltekniqq

immortaltekniqq's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxAF7ERxLIFExx View Post
I'm confused on the Keep It Simple Grind. I got the 50-100-250. But then afterwards it shows 500 is the next progress. Is it 1000 or 500? And is 500 the final Platinum level?
The same thing is said for Rapid fire. Again 500 displayed but your guide shows 1000.
Thanks,
T
For platinum,

Keep It Simple: 1000 kills

Rapid Fire: 1000 kills

Immortaltekniqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #52
nemonobody

NemoNobody2092's Gamercard
Great guide helped a lot!
nemonobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #53
nemonobody

NemoNobody2092's Gamercard
I had no idea that each grind had 4 stages.... *Sigh*
nemonobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 AM   #54
Torik_Shai

Jedi Specter's Gamercard
I've been working on these recently and I thought I'd share a couple things I've figured out that nobody else seems to have mentioned.

Cam Lover was giving me trouble just because you can only get bullet cams once in a while, and it's usually right as you reach a new checkpoint, making it hard to farm. That is until I realized that you automatically get a bullet cam whenever you kill your attacker in a "last man standing" sequence. Just use a checkpoint where you start with plenty of painkillers and there are plenty of guys to kill you over and over. Ch X, Checkpoint 12 worked for me (with the added bonus of not falling down after every "last man standing" since you're glued to cover in that scene).

I was working on Scrapper (Ch I, Checkpoint 2 as everyone seems to recommend), and I noticed that if you melee attack an enemy but don't shoot him at the end of the sequence, you can melee attack him again right away, and it will count. Seriously. You can punch the same guy over and over and over again, and your Scrapper counter will go up EVERY SINGLE TIME. (Upon further thought, I realized this may be why people think the You Play, You Pay achievement is glitched. They're looking at the Scrapper counter to see how far along they are, but that's counting attacks while the achievement is counting actual kills.)

Just thought I'd throw that stuff out there for anyone else still working on these things.
Torik_Shai is offline   Reply With Quote