PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Poor programming? Or developer lazyness
Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements. 86 32.82%
Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events. 176 67.18%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #451
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat You Silly1 View Post
I jumped on gears 3 today and I automatically went to 29/30 while I was in the start menu. I played one match of boooom snipes and I got one more judgement ribbon and finally got the achievement.
Was already at 27 and said bugger it when the events looped but was on Halo 4 or out biking all weekend so missed out on boom snipes. Will have to wait for that one more event to finally get this bastard. Really regret not doing what one of my friends did and take advantage of that bug early on that gave you multiple ribbons per event.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #452
Prophecy2121

N2D Prophecy's Gamercard
will there be a new event on thanksgiving or the same thanksgibbling ribbon event? because if thats the case it wont matter if we wait till thanksgiving since we already played that event for some ppl like me anyway. is it a totally new event ribbon?
Prophecy2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #453
Joschwa

xN1Sx Joschwa's Gamercard
Im not sure there is any way to tell what event they are going to use for anything. best bet is to play on every event from here on in regardless

Head Captain of xN1Sx and CEO of - No 1 Survives Gaming Corporation
-Ranked #1 in the world as a Gaming Community (as of June 2012) on top100clans
Joschwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #454
Yellow_Dragon

KLO84's Gamercard
May sound stupid but how do I actually play the events??

So it says currently its boom snipes. So what do I play? Do I play a normal versus, horde or whatever match.

What do I select in the main menu??
Yellow_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #455
General Valtiel

General Asesino's Gamercard
Seriously ??? It's been said billions of times.
Just play a match, any mode, versus, beast or horde.
That simple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophecy2121 View Post
will there be a new event on thanksgiving or the same thanksgibbling ribbon event? because if thats the case it wont matter if we wait till thanksgiving since we already played that event for some ppl like me anyway. is it a totally new event ribbon?
There's probably going to be an event for Thanksgiving, but it won't be the same as last year.
Their system works on a repeated cycle, and there are only 34 different ribbons. So it can't be the same as last year.

Last edited by General Valtiel; 11-13-2012 at 01:33 AM.
General Valtiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #456
Joschwa

Thought it had to be MP, just any game type. Use to be beast/horde too but after one of the updates I stopped getting ribbons unless I played Multiplayer. So "Yellow_Dragon" to play in an event just play any online match (non-private) of anything. I usually do quick-matches of whatever I am in the mood for, but you can always play in the actual playlist. Overall though I would say the event quickmatch, warzone quickmatch, or TDM quickmatch are your best bets. With Boom Snipes, it is quickest imo to just play a boom snipes quick match since they are just 1 round and everyone has power weps

Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #457
Yellow_Dragon

KLO84's Gamercard
So it says the current event is boom snipes. So is there actually a menu option titled boom snipes in the multiplayer menu? If its a case of playing any type of multiplayer mode then why call it boom snipes??

Also do I have to play multiplayer on a specific date? Or can I load it up anytime and just play a a game of team death match and get the 30/30 for war supporter?
Yellow_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #458
ElProcurador

El Procurador's Gamercard
Yes. Versus/forces of nature/booom snipes
Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #459
General Valtiel

General Asesino's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joschwa View Post
Thought it had to be MP, just any game type. Use to be beast/horde too but after one of the updates I stopped getting ribbons unless I played Multiplayer.
You can still get ribbons on Horde, but they appear pretty randomly, indeed...

Anyway, any new event yet ?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:48 AM   #460
w1nn3r1

K1LL3R BEEZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Valtiel View Post
Anyway, any new event yet ?
Played earlier today and didn't get anything, so sadly no. I hope there's one next week since it'll be my last.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #461
Joschwa

Looks like we are all waiting on thanksgiving for this then = P
Hopefully it is an event we ALL need lol

Old 11-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #462
MFC06

MFC06's Gamercard
New evebt ribbon lets go!!!!!!
MFC06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #463
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thumbs up Yessir!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFC06 View Post
New evebt ribbon lets go!!!!!!
HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! Same event (BOOOOOOM SNIPES) but NEW RIBBON in yo faces. Go get 'em!!!

-Socialite Achievement Unlocked!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #464
Earth Djinn

Earth Djinn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Will it be possible to get one last event without DLC?

I just went on to try Boom Snipes, but since it was DLC I couldn't play it. Will all events from here on out be DLC only?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #465
HolyHa1fDead

HolyHa1fDead's Gamercard
I can confirm the event ribbon has changed today. I finally have this achievement.
HolyHa1fDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #466
SoloistProdigy

SoloistProdigy's Gamercard
Hell yes! Socialite achievement finally unlocked

Xbox Gamercards
SoloistProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #467
JuanPabloSmoker

JuanPabloSmoker's Gamercard
Still no ribbon for me. It's bullshit of the highest order. Screw you Epic. You don't update the forums when a ribbon changes, you don't even tweet, I'm still playing your shitty game a year and a bit after release. I want my 70gs - I fuckin deserve it after playing in nearly fifty events now just cause you can't program properly. No chance whatsoever of me picking up judgement now - that's one sale you have lost. I'm sure there are many more in my boat too

Last edited by JuanPabloSmoker; 11-14-2012 at 06:31 PM.
JuanPabloSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #468
Prophecy2121

N2D Prophecy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPabloSmoker View Post
Still no ribbon for me. It's bullshit of the highest order. Screw you Epic. You don't update the forums when a ribbon changes, you don't even tweet, I'm still playing your shitty game a year and a bit after release. I want my 70gs - I fuckin deserve it after playing in nearly fifty events now just cause you can't program properly. No chance whatsoever of me picking up judgement now - that's one sale you have lost. I'm sure there are many more in my boat too
same here this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess mine is glitched along with my horde medal
Prophecy2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #469
Razzazzika

Razzazzika's Gamercard
It does reset event ID's. I tried playing Boomsnipes right before they announced this, and then after they announced it I jumped in and played boom snipes and got teh war supporter achievement right off the bat.
Razzazzika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #470
ElProcurador

I already had boom snipes so I didn't get socialite when epic gave us unpredictable gift. But.. I keep playing boom snipes and after 5-6 matches achievement unlocked and I got socialite onyx. Really glitchy thing, it's good I passed it.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #471
JuanPabloSmoker

JuanPabloSmoker's Gamercard
Hmmmmm I played 3 matches - maybe I will try again in a few hours
JuanPabloSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #472
Slavikk

I played one full game of versus on Guardian. Popped immediately after match was done.
Slavikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #473
SetoChaos

Send a message via AIM to SetoChaos Send a message via MSN to SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Yeah! Socialite! :d
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #474
xausuzuki

xausuzuki's Gamercard
just got my socialite cheevo, got two ribbons for playing boom snipes before events was changed to 29, tried after but would'nt pop up. played a game of horde on artillery today and woop woop woop up it popped................
xausuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #475
ElProcurador

Quote:
Originally Posted by xausuzuki View Post
just got my socialite cheevo, got two ribbons for playing boom snipes before events was changed to 29, tried after but would'nt pop up. played a game of horde on artillery today and woop woop woop up it popped................
Good for you
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #476
punkrockfox

fullmetalxfox's Gamercard
You have to be freaking kidding me. I legitimately got to 29, none of that stupid "gift" bull crap. I have played over ten matches tonight and still no achievement. If I don't get it soon, I might murder all of the current staff at Epic Games. This is unbelievable.
punkrockfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #477
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockfox View Post
You have to be freaking kidding me. I legitimately got to 29, none of that stupid "gift" bull crap. I have played over ten matches tonight and still no achievement. If I don't get it soon, I might murder all of the current staff at Epic Games. This is unbelievable.
Me too mate, got 29 legit and now it seems they have not updated the ribbon for those you have got to 29 legit.

Edit: They must have updated it today, as I've just given it a shot, playing Boom and snipe and it has popped.

Last edited by ModernSith2010; 11-15-2012 at 12:54 AM.
ModernSith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #478
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPabloSmoker View Post
I decided a long time ago that they'd never get another dollar out of me - it was the lies surrounding guardian being available in private that put the icing on the cake for me. I got my war supporter by accident when epic fucked up in our favour back at the release of the horde dlc - proof they could've fixed this. But I've been following this fiasco for a while now and its just abysmal how they've treated their fans/customers. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. What's worse is game companies never seem to be held accountable for their unconscionable conduct.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #479
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzazzika View Post
It does reset event ID's. I tried playing Boomsnipes right before they announced this, and then after they announced it I jumped in and played boom snipes and got teh war supporter achievement right off the bat.
While I want to believe you, too many people that have previously done 25-29/30 events on the 'old system' and weren't gifted many, or any, event credits, are still saying that the events aren't counting for them. We have to operate under the understanding (for now) that it doesn't reset your event I.D. tracking.

OP updated with today's event change.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #480
Ohheythere

nubslap's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzazzika View Post
This is so false/wrong/bullshit. If this was true, then everyone would have gotten their Socialite last week. I have been at 29/30 for the last 10+ events. If my events ID's were reset, I would gotten it today.

I used to be okay with just having 29/30...but this is getting absolutely ridiculous now....what do the people who have already had 29/30 for awhile do???
Ohheythere is offline   Reply With Quote