PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Poor programming? Or developer lazyness
Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements. 86 32.82%
Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events. 176 67.18%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #31
ernestolefty

ernesto lefty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
I have bad news for anyone that did all the early events for Gears 3 but missed the last 5-10 events or so. Taken directly from Pete's Twitter, there is apparently a maximum number of unique events they can create. Also, you cannot re-earn an event ribbon you have already earned.

What this means is that they are "resetting the cycle" of events. So if you played at launch and earned the early ribbons, but haven't played recently, you will have to wait until the event weekends 'cycle through' any events you've already participated in until there are event weekends you missed.

Sounds like bollox right? Wait, it gets worse. There is absolutely no way to tell in-game or on their site which ribbons you've gotten.

For someone like myself that didn't start doing events until Jan 28th and has done every event since then save for one, this isn't a big deal. I didn't do the first 14 or so events, and I only need 13 more. I just have to make SURE I do the next 13 or I'll be waiting another several months after that on the supposed "cycle".

However, for someone that did the early events and somehow missed the latter ones, it will be a long painful wait until there are events that register for them. For someone that played off and on and missed single or two week couplets of events here and there, there will be no recourse but to play EVERY week from here on in and just hope for the best.

Does this sound bogus to anyone but me? They reduced the requirements for Socialite after launch. For them to say now that they only coded the game to allow for 35ish 'unique' ribbons STINKS worse than a glue factory in July of BS. Seriously people - no pun intended - do they think we as gamers are THAT naive?

I find it far more likely they simply got tired of creating new events and decided just to set the servers to loop ad infinitum the ones they have already created.

Poor programming? Or just developer lazyness...
it turns out that they dont appear in the same order its all random.. man that just makes it worse! epic are so lucky to have dedicated gamers..
ernestolefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #32
CKK Salvation

jfc salvation's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestolefty View Post
it turns out that they dont appear in the same order its all random.. man that just makes it worse! epic are so lucky to have dedicated gamers..
They've lost one in me. Not just this, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.
CKK Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #33
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Where did you hear it will be random? I thought this weekend's ribbon was the same as the first one that they did, "Welcome Back". The understanding was they just restarted the rotation. Or was this week being the same as week 1 a coincidence?
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 05-20-2012 at 02:14 AM.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #34
Cancerman1120

Cancerman1120's Gamercard
Quote:
Where did you hear it will be random? I thought this weekend's ribbon was the same as the first one that they did, "Welcome Back". The understanding was they just restarted the rotation. Or was this week being the same as week 1 a coincidence?
So the events may be different but the ribbons will start over. Like it is Raven Down 24/7 but the ribbon is from the 1st week? So next week it will be the ribbon from the Big Heads event but might not actually be a Big Heads event? Confusing.
Cancerman1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #35
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancerman1120 View Post
So the events may be different but the ribbons will start over. Like it is Raven Down 24/7 but the ribbon is from the 1st week? So next week it will be the ribbon from the Big Heads event but might not actually be a Big Heads event? Confusing.
Exactly. I went slumming on Epics forums to post almost this very same poll thread and it was removed in a matter on MINUTES.

Those assholes are so full of shit and anyone that believes the tripe they're selling.... Well hey, I have this bridge I'll sell you for a bargain.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #36
ufc fan andy

Andy UFC fan's Gamercard
can we still earn a ribbon by playing any mode? I get my ribbons from brothers to the end to avoid people. No ribbon this time and i have no idea what i have played. I will just play this mode once every weekend and hope to get it up from 18/20 i am on now
ufc fan andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #37
Ice-012

Ice012's Gamercard
Well at least I know what my LAST Onyx medal is going to be 14/30 events
Ice-012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #38
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufc fan andy View Post
can we still earn a ribbon by playing any mode? I get my ribbons from brothers to the end to avoid people. No ribbon this time and i have no idea what i have played. I will just play this mode once every weekend and hope to get it up from 18/20 i am on now
Yes any mode. People say horde and beast are supposed to work too but they never have for me. I always just play a match of warzone in the standard playlist as those matches usually end quick.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #39
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Wow they removed your poll from the epic forums?

Started on 21/08/2011

SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #40
lifeexpectancy

Um, yeah almost as fast as I posted it. I checked back for replies a few minutes later and it was gone. Not buried to page 2+, gone. Epic is lying to people about the ribbons thing and anyone who doesn't realize that is getting bent over. They removed the thread because it threatened the lie, if you ask me.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #41
ernestolefty

Quote:
i dunno.. after reading ur post i checked out other sites.. and many of them say its a random rotation.. theres a list on true achievements posted by some guy for the achievement guide.. it wld ve been really nice if it was random.. though i dont remember which all i got...
Old 05-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #42
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
i dunno.. after reading ur post i checked out other sites.. and many of them say its a random rotation.. theres a list on true achievements posted by some guy for the achievement guide.. it wld ve been really nice if it was random.. though i dont remember which all i got...
Would've been nice? Random is the last thing we need at this point. At least if they go in order most people will have a vague idea of when they might need to play and if we play every weekend we can start crossing off ribbons as we go, in order, and keep a list of which ones too look for henceforth. You're crazy lol... random... no thanks
Old 05-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #43
CKK Salvation

jfc salvation's Gamercard
Quote:
Would've been nice? Random is the last thing we need at this point. At least if they go in order most people will have a vague idea of when they might need to play and if we play every weekend we can start crossing off ribbons as we go, in order, and keep a list of which ones too look for henceforth. You're crazy lol... random... no thanks
Maybe that's the point....to get people on every weekend.
CKK Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #44
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKK Salvation View Post
Maybe that's the point....to get people on every weekend.
Theoreticaly, couldn't we say this achievement is now unachievable?If the events are randomly rotated now, who's to say they dont repeat the same event from a few weeks(or one you may have)ago?I could see them doing something like this just to fuck people over.

Here I am thinking I had to wait 4 months before socialite could be unlocked(15/30).So now it might take longer than that....?Thanks Epic.With your multiple resets, communist state run message boards, joy that is S3.0, lack of support for your own game among other things....I gotta ask...Are you guys doing this shit on purpose?

Forcing people to play your game, is NOT the same as people actually WANTING to play your game.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #45
ernestolefty

Quote:
sorry there.. correction.. what i meant was it wld ve been rly nice if its WASNT random.. missed out on 2 letter.. sorry...
Old 05-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #46
ernestolefty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancerman1120 View Post
36) Raven Down 24/7 - May 18th to May 21st (FoN) [Wannabe Actuary via PM]
35) Shot Through The Heart - May 11th to May 14th (FoN - Torque Bow Tag) [xZer0ex via post]
34) KOTGnasher - May 5th to May 8th (FoN) [Wannabe Actuary via PM]
33) My Baby Shot me Down! - Apr 27th to Apr 30th (FoN - Bang Bang) [xZer0ex via post]
32) Creapy Crawly - Apr 20th to Apr 24th (Lightning | Beast) [Naughty Died via PM]
31) Struck by Lightning - Apr 13th to Apr 16th (Lightning Round Playlist) [LGS I Hitman & TE4RIN IT UP via post]
30) Easter Bunny Hunter - Apr 6th to Apr 9th [Icy iNs via post]
29) Raven Down Survivor - Mar 30th to Apr 2nd [merkins via post]
28) Forces of Nature - Mar 27 to Mar 29 [LGS | Hitman via post]
27) Torque Tagged - Mar 23rd to Mar 26th [LGS I Hitman via post]
26) Almost Time for DLC - Mar 15th to ??? ??? [LGS I Hitman & Piemanns Bakery via post]
25) Gnashers 4 Life - Mar 6th to Mar 10th [ComesBrothers via PM]
24) March on Gears - Mar 3rd to Mar 6th [Gumbeaux Jr. via PM]
23) Can You Dig It - Feb 24th to Feb 27th [Cobryza via PM]
22) Boom Snipes - Feb 17th to Feb 20th [xDevilz 1 via PM]
21) Cupid's Wingman - Feb 10th to Feb 15th [Un4given Raider via PM]
20) The Grayson Cup - Feb 3rd to Feb 6th [semi kid via PM]
19) Get Gnashy - Jan 27th to Jan 30th [o Progressive o via post]
18) Winning Weekend - Jan 20th to Jan 23rd [xDevilz 1 via PM]
17) Horde Dance-a-Thon - Jan 13th to Jan 16th [mr matty uk via Post]
16) Stranded KOTH - Jan 6th to Jan 8th [Sedgendary via Post]
15) Triple Team - Dec 29th to 31st [SixtyFootMonkey via Post]
14) The Twelve Days of Gearsmas (Part III) - Dec 21st to Dec 25th
13) The Twelve Days of Gearsmas (Part II) - Dec 17th to Dec 20th
12) The Twelve Days of Gearsmas (Part I) - Dec 13th to Dec 16th
11) Brothers to the End - Dec 9th to Dec 12th
10) This Is My Rifle - Dec 2nd to Dec 5th
09) Thanksgibbing - Nov 24th to Nov 28th
08) Blades and Nades - Nov 18th to Nov 20th
07) One shot, One kill - Nov 11th to Nov 13th
06) Can you dig it? - Nov 4th to Nov 7th
05) Happy Halloween & Boom Snipes - Oct 28th to Oct 31st
04) Hardcore Weekend - Oct 21st to Oct 24th
03) Torque Bow Tag - Oct 14th - Oct 17th
02) Big Head Mode Weekend - Oct 7th - Oct 10th
01) Golden Wings week - Sep 20th - Sep 26th
thats the lsit i got frm true achievements.. and i cant figure out the repetition... what was raven down 24/7 in the last cycle?!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #47
ernestolefty

Angry

Quote:
36) Raven Down 24/7 - May 18th to May 21st (FoN) [Wannabe Actuary via PM]
35) Shot Through The Heart - May 11th to May 14th (FoN - Torque Bow Tag) [xZer0ex via post]
34) KOTGnasher - May 5th to May 8th (FoN) [Wannabe Actuary via PM]
33) My Baby Shot me Down! - Apr 27th to Apr 30th (FoN - Bang Bang) [xZer0ex via post]
32) Creapy Crawly - Apr 20th to Apr 24th (Lightning | Beast) [Naughty Died via PM]
31) Struck by Lightning - Apr 13th to Apr 16th (Lightning Round Playlist) [LGS I Hitman & TE4RIN IT UP via post]
30) Easter Bunny Hunter - Apr 6th to Apr 9th [Icy iNs via post]
29) Raven Down Survivor - Mar 30th to Apr 2nd [merkins via post]
28) Forces of Nature - Mar 27 to Mar 29 [LGS | Hitman via post]
27) Torque Tagged - Mar 23rd to Mar 26th [LGS I Hitman via post]
26) Almost Time for DLC - Mar 15th to ??? ??? [LGS I Hitman & Piemanns Bakery via post]
25) Gnashers 4 Life - Mar 6th to Mar 10th [ComesBrothers via PM]
24) March on Gears - Mar 3rd to Mar 6th [Gumbeaux Jr. via PM]
23) Can You Dig It - Feb 24th to Feb 27th [Cobryza via PM]
22) Boom Snipes - Feb 17th to Feb 20th [xDevilz 1 via PM]
21) Cupid's Wingman - Feb 10th to Feb 15th [Un4given Raider via PM]
20) The Grayson Cup - Feb 3rd to Feb 6th [semi kid via PM]
19) Get Gnashy - Jan 27th to Jan 30th [o Progressive o via post]
18) Winning Weekend - Jan 20th to Jan 23rd [xDevilz 1 via PM]
17) Horde Dance-a-Thon - Jan 13th to Jan 16th [mr matty uk via Post]
16) Stranded KOTH - Jan 6th to Jan 8th [Sedgendary via Post]
15) Triple Team - Dec 29th to 31st [SixtyFootMonkey via Post]
14) The Twelve Days of Gearsmas (Part III) - Dec 21st to Dec 25th
13) The Twelve Days of Gearsmas (Part II) - Dec 17th to Dec 20th
12) The Twelve Days of Gearsmas (Part I) - Dec 13th to Dec 16th
11) Brothers to the End - Dec 9th to Dec 12th
10) This Is My Rifle - Dec 2nd to Dec 5th
09) Thanksgibbing - Nov 24th to Nov 28th
08) Blades and Nades - Nov 18th to Nov 20th
07) One shot, One kill - Nov 11th to Nov 13th
06) Can you dig it? - Nov 4th to Nov 7th
05) Happy Halloween & Boom Snipes - Oct 28th to Oct 31st
04) Hardcore Weekend - Oct 21st to Oct 24th
03) Torque Bow Tag - Oct 14th - Oct 17th
02) Big Head Mode Weekend - Oct 7th - Oct 10th
01) Golden Wings week - Sep 20th - Sep 26th
thats the lsit i got frm true achievements.. and i cant figure out the repetition... what was raven down 24/7 in the last cycle?!
there has to be an explanation.. either its random or in order.. and some times the event dont appear in the in game calendar.. is this because i have the corresponding ribbon? nuthn showed up in the calendar for raven down 24/7? but it din show up last week either for the torque bow thing.. but i did get that ribbon.. that also shows its not in order as i did not play the first event.. and i got nuthn for playn raven down 24/7.. man this is such a mess.. cant rly explain why im wasting time doing this..
Old 05-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #48
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baki54 View Post
Forcing people to play your game, is NOT the same as people actually WANTING to play your game.
I love you.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #49
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
I did not read any of the posts after the main topic.

My own two cents (personal opinion, not the proven truth):

They did this for the same reason they made Onyx Medals and their requirements:

This is their last Gears of War game (at least from the main trilogy). They want us playing on it for a long time. So, if any of us were stubborn enough to finish the Onyx Medals off by boosting, but some bad luck befell us and could not do some unknown event somewhere in the center of the cycle, we would be forced to still play for a longer period of time.

Everything is Permitted, and Nothing is True.
I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #50
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entity View Post
I did not read any of the posts after the main topic.

My own two cents (personal opinion, not the proven truth):

They did this for the same reason they made Onyx Medals and their requirements:

This is their last Gears of War game (at least from the main trilogy). They want us playing on it for a long time. So, if any of us were stubborn enough to finish the Onyx Medals off by boosting, but some bad luck befell us and could not do some unknown event somewhere in the center of the cycle, we would be forced to still play for a longer period of time.
I guess that's possible, but I still think the more likely scenario is that they wanted to "set it and forget it". Aka they wanted to put the servers on 'loop' for the 35 events they had already made and walk away. This way they don't have to code another ribbon each week.

Granted I'm no programmer but I can't imagine the process of creating a new event ribbon from pre-existing code is THAT long, but every second they spend on Gears 3 now is time taken from their next endeavor.

They're ready to move on to the next cash grab. The only thing we can do about it as gamers is speak with our wallets and NEVER buy another Epic Games product again.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #51
Entity

Quote:
I guess that's possible, but I still think the more likely scenario is that they wanted to "set it and forget it". Aka they wanted to put the servers on 'loop' for the 35 events they had already made and walk away. This way they don't have to code another ribbon each week.

Granted I'm no programmer but I can't imagine the process of creating a new event ribbon from pre-existing code is THAT long, but every second they spend on Gears 3 now is time taken from their next endeavor.

They're ready to move on to the next cash grab. The only thing we can do about it as gamers is speak with our wallets and NEVER buy another Epic Games product again.
Well, that might be the case, but for me, it does not feel like they would do that. Epic is not a small Xbox 360 company. They span over PC games as well. Also, they are always working on stuff. Remember that game, Shadow Complex? They worked on that game before Gears 2 and 3 came out. Also, they re-designed the engine for Blacklight Retribution while working on Gears 3. I doubt Epic would just up and leave their dream master piece. I do not know why, but when the game first came out, I had actually anticipated about 36 events (but I had thought that after 36 they would just end the events, voiding all of the achievement, EA games style, but at least they put a loop <3 Epic).

And I do think boycotting Epic will be a good idea.

2 reasons:

1. If we do boycott them, the people will just spend their money on EA (just like people hate on Bieber, but still buy his stuff), and we do not want EA getting big.

2. Epic is actually a large company that spans over multiple platforms (either in actual games, or through their engines). They will just start making crappier games if they get less money, and we will be the ones that have less good games (note: less, we will still have good games, but less).

I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #52
pauly_27

Wow, that is really shitty.

I remember feeling bad when I got the Socialite glitch, but I sure am glad I did get it now. I feel for you guys who still need this one.

By the time the events you need come back around, there probably won't be anyone actually playing anymore if the numbers keep dropping as they are.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #53
Entity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly_27 View Post
Wow, that is really shitty.

I remember feeling bad when I got the Socialite glitch, but I sure am glad I did get it now. I feel for you guys who still need this one.

By the time the events you need come back around, there probably won't be anyone actually playing anymore if the numbers keep dropping as they are.
I am okay with that actually. I played the shit out of all Gears games. I am totally down for just having my friends fill the entire lobby and just go for wins / achievements / stupid fun.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #54
DaChiefOfOwnage

DaChiefOfOwnage's Gamercard
I usually never rage but...

Are you fucking JOKING. I need 3 more of these fucking event ribbons for this BS achievement and they pull this shit? Are they that fucking lazy that they cannot even rename a ribbon so it counts for War Supporter? EPIC have been walking a very thin line with me but this is the final assfuck from them. Fuck their games, fuck their Fortnite shit, I will not be supporting such a lazy and inconsistent company that decides time after time to fuck their core fans up the ass with bullshit.

I bought this game on Day 1 and now I have to wait months to be able to unlock Socialite, which would not have happened if two of the Xmas events and three of the post-Xmas events had actually WORKED and popped a ribbon for me. This is just absolutely unacceptable.

......................//)
....................,/../
.................../..../
.............//'...'/`
........../'/.../..../......./\
........('(.......... ~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.
............\..............(
..............\.............\
DaChiefOfOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #55
Blerbman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefOfOwnage View Post
Are they that fucking lazy that they cannot even rename a ribbon so it counts for War Supporter?
Were it so easy, they would do it. EPIC had different plans, apparently.

Let me explain this to the people who do not seem to understand:

Under the "Ribbons" tab, there are around 130 ribbons to be earned. These ribbons you can actually keep track of and see how many of them you've obtained.

However, there are certain ribbons hidden from the menu; these are the event ribbons. However, there is not one ribbon hidden from view that gradually goes up as you play in events. According to PeteNub's wording, there are actually 36 (or however many events have been used thus far) separate event ribbons. This means that there are 36 hidden ribbons, all being event ribbons that will go up by one every time that specific event is played.

As far as I know, this is how they set it up. I have no idea why they designed it like this or why they even decided it was a plausible idea. EPIC has proven time and time again that they're a very numbers-heavy company, so my guess is that they wanted to keep people from leaving so that they could wake their dick around about their "large" player-base. I'd personally say that it's backfired heavily on them after a lot of the shit they've pulled, but they don't seem to care... Typical.

... Anyway, that is how I believe it's set up. I'm not sure, so don't quote me on it, but it seems to be the most likely case.
Blerbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #56
wim17

wim17's Gamercard
So there are only 36 chances?
Glad i'm at 29 and did them all since november.
Well kinda weird that there were only 7 other event before november.
wim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #57
mr_FOS NL

mr fos's Gamercard
Socialite 25/30 here. And no way of telling which events you miss(ed).
Just f*cking great EPIC.

mr_FOS NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #58
DaChiefOfOwnage

DaChiefOfOwnage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blerbman View Post
Plausible explanation.
That's even worse than them being lazy bastards. That's just plain underhanded conniving bullshit. And the worst part is, it's probably true.
DaChiefOfOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #59
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

why do people believe there are 36 event ribbons? it's 35, they have already "restarted the cycle". the last week's event was #36 but had the event ribbon #1.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #60
Devious418

Devious418's Gamercard
Here's an idea, turn the glitch back on. This achievement was and is complete B/S anyway. Alot of players, through no fault of their own, were able to get war supporter through the glitch. For alot of other players, myself included, this is the last Onyx that they need for 3.0.

Of course, because it would be easy for the programmers and it would make the community too happy, I really don't see this happenning.
Devious418 is offline   Reply With Quote