PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Poor programming? Or developer lazyness
Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements. 86 32.82%
Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events. 176 67.18%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #61
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious418 View Post
Here's an idea, turn the glitch back on. This achievement was and is complete B/S anyway. Alot of players, through no fault of their own, were able to get war supporter through the glitch. For alot of other players, myself included, this is the last Onyx that they need for 3.0.
Epic have fucked up many things, why can't they fuck it up another time in a positive way?

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #62
fullmetal289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo1991 View Post
So glad I was done with that event BS when the socialite glitch happened to me, allowed me to play when I want not religiously having to play every weekend to get them stupid ribbons! Anyway I thought they were going to add in something to the ribbon section to show people which event ribbons they have? I'm sure I read something about that on these forums
Amen to that, and we supposedly got more "events" than anyone can legitimately lol

Since there are only 35 events and you can only earn each one once. I have over 60 events completed lmao
fullmetal289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #63
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It would be nice if they made an individual ribbon for each event and added them to the ribbon page so you could see which you need. That way every time an event happens they can announce which ribbon you get and then players can cross referrance with their list.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #64
Dongo 3

Dongo 3's Gamercard
Angry Grrrrr

I know it's not the end of the world, but I am really ticked about this. I needed one more event and took a few weeks off, thinking it didn't matter. Now, who knows if/when I'll get it now?

Poll makes no sense to me, as nobody here actually knows. If I had to guess, I'd say both are probably true.
Dongo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #65
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongo 3 View Post
I know it's not the end of the world, but I am really ticked about this. I needed one more event and took a few weeks off, thinking it didn't matter. Now, who knows if/when I'll get it now?

Poll makes no sense to me, as nobody here actually knows. If I had to guess, I'd say both are probably true.
I just put the poll on there as a kind of "What's your opinion?" thing. Like I said my opinion is that they're just too fucking lazy, although the explanation that they want to keep their numbers up seems equally likely. What a bunch of fucktards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Don't take away our ability to test drive the cheese!
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #66
AJCKTA

AJCKTA's Gamercard
Well this sucks, I played for the first few weekends then stopped playing, can't remember why was ages ago. I know i came back and played every now and then.. I'm at 7/30 and I have no idea which ones i've done.. I haven't gotten a ribbon these last 2 weekends so we'll see. Sigh epic.. such fail
AJCKTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #67
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
In answer to your first question: I don't believe people were earning ribbons in private matches at launch. What happened was they would play an event and earn A ribbon. Then when they played private matches their socialite counter went up a tick every game they played. It was a glitch and Epic patched it. Yet somehow they can't patch the whole 'maximum unique ribbons' issue... Whatever.

As for your second question, that's one you ought to pose directly to Epic. Of course they could have more than one event per week. There have been several instances of that already. But in their infinite (lack of) wisdom they simply choose not to for the most part. They could have an event every day if they wanted to.

I won't purchase another Epic game again. I assure you of that.
Exactly, each game counted as an event. They also said guardian would be available in private which turned out to be a total lie. They also said it would be impossible to add it. Also a complete lie. So they can spend a couple of years making a game but they cant debug their own code? Pathetic. Every dlc has had huge issues too.

I was one of those to get the socialite glitch (by accident) during the horde command pack release but this actually makes me angry. How do they get away with treating people like this? Its disgusting and makes me feel like an idiot for putting so much time into their games

There is nothing epic about epic games. Never again will epic see a dollar from me.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #68
Gonzogasm

Bobblehead Jay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongo 3 View Post

I'm in this boat too. 29 ribbons out of 30 I've gotten and I have no idea which one I'm missing.
Gonzogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #69
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
Should be a "both" option on the poll.

Of course they were going to run out of original ideas for events. What they should have done is set it up like Valve did for L4D2 and just count participation in the weekly event, not count the number of SPECIFIC events.

As for their excuse for not being able to change it (or any of the other stupid decisions) that's complete bullshit. They are simply done working on this game and have abandoned making improvements.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #70
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R BFOG View Post
Exactly, each game counted as an event. They also said guardian would be available in private which turned out to be a total lie. They also said it would be impossible to add it. Also a complete lie. So they can spend a couple of years making a game but they cant debug their own code? Pathetic. Every dlc has had huge issues too.

I was one of those to get the socialite glitch (by accident) during the horde command pack release but this actually makes me angry. How do they get away with treating people like this? Its disgusting and makes me feel like an idiot for putting so much time into their games

There is nothing epic about epic games. Never again will epic see a dollar from me.
....What about FAIL? They know that very wellFn epic.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #71
Dayv00

C4uTerizer's Gamercard
I've got 9/10 so far for the War supporter but I remember the 1st gear event I played was Stranded KotH and it didn't count I still don't know why
Dayv00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #72
lifeexpectancy

For the love of god please don't buy Gears 4 or whatever the hell it's called people. Speak with your wallet!

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 06-05-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #73
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
For the love of god please don't buy Gears 4 or whatever the hell it's called people. Speak with your wallet!
I hear ya and agree totally.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #74
lifeexpectancy

The sad thing is enough people will keep dumping money into Epic's pockets that they won't get the picture about how screwed up they've handled War Supporter.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #75
Quantum Binman

Quantum Binman's Gamercard
Damn, feel sorry for you guys having to slog through this with no idea when it will end... I was lucky enough to get mine by accident before the glitch was patched - was weapon boosting on checkout (KOTH) when BANG: socialite suddenly popped during the first week of playing!

Wish they could just remove the patch and let everyone get it... seems unfair that people starting now cannot get as easily as day one buyers!
Quantum Binman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #76
lifeexpectancy

I agree whole-heartedly. I wouldn't even resent the time I've lost on this damn thing if they un-did the patch tomorrow, because I would be too giddy unlocking the damn achievement and S3.0. Immediately after that I would experience even greater joy when I snapped the fucking game disc in half just for fun, knowing I'll never again play another Epic title.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #77
lifeexpectancy

Original post updated to contain latest event tagging information as I understand it, given that this week's ribbon had a 'new name' but is still a recycled event # from week 4.

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 06-12-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #78
Avernar

Avernar's Gamercard
You mean week 4, right?
Avernar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #79
lifeexpectancy

Oh you're right, this last one that started late was week 39, or week 4 of the 2nd round of the 35 week cycle. Updating OP. Thanks!

Quote:
Old 06-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #80
patdb23

RedDominion2001's Gamercard
When I initially read the beginning of this discussion, I thought it was all rumor. I still kept getting the event ribbons and my goal towards Socialite went up every weekend. This past weekend however I played the Event, "One Shot ...whatever" and sure enough no ribbon received and I'm stuck at 17/30.

After I achieved the Onyx Medals for Campaign, Beast, and Horde, my gameplay went from several hours a days to zero for many weeks, only logging in one time a weekend to get the event ribbon.

Now, I'll put this game to rest for good. Why? I've been playing video games for well over 30 years. I've encountered several games where completing all achievements and such was sometimes very grueling and almost impossible. However it was plausible that it was reachable. This game however, is the first I have encountered where reaching 100% completion is beyond impossible. I am very disappointed in Epic with their Seriously 3.0. I understand the only real way to get 3.0 is to boost the game. I've never believed in such a thing, I have always been behind the controller in every game I have played to reach the final goal. I find this to be very absurd and it makes me seriously question the intent of a game designer by creating such an impossible and unrealistic feat.

Anyway, I decided Seriously 3.0 was just not on my agenda, I would go for the Embry Medal. And one of the 30 Onyx medals I set out to achieve would be the Socialite Onyx Medal. That way I would work on the other 7 Onyx medals through Vs. mode and continue to play the game. Now that I find out what Epic has done about the Socialite medal, I feel as if someone just rammed a 4x4 up my @ss. I think Epic really went the wrong way about this. Maybe in the short term they achieved their goal, keeping people playing this game in high numbers in a short amount of time. But in the long term, you have many players that dropped off very quickly leaving pissed off. I am one of them.

In the future, I will have a sour taste in my mouth about Epic and any of its games. I've never felt this animosity towards a game designer before, so it certainly is a first for me in 30 years. Well done Epic, you achieved something that no other designer has yet to create, a growing disdain attitude towards your company.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #81
punkrockfox

fullmetalxfox's Gamercard
Just to be clear on this, this past weekend was Team DM snipers and so was the weekend before that, correct?
punkrockfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #82
lifeexpectancy

No, this past weekend was shotguns and snipers, but they didn't put the event up until late Monday rather than Friday like they were supposed to. The event before that was One Shot One Kill...which I think had something to do with snipers too, but I always just play a quick Warzone match to get the event ribbon as TDM matches take too damn long to finish.

Once again though DO NOT get hung up on the event or ribbon names. This coming weekend, the weekend starting Friday June 16th, will be WEEK #5 of the second rotation of 35 weeks. Keep track of the week numbers you play, not what the event is called.

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 06-13-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #83
punkrockfox

fullmetalxfox's Gamercard
Man, they are REALLY trying to screw over the people who weren't persistent enough to do this every week for nearly 8 stupid months.
punkrockfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #84
AngryJohnnyk123

AngryJohnnyk123's Gamercard
Event counted

Hi guys, I played King of the Hill with a couple of other people today in the regular playlist and I got a ribbon after the match which was weird since I never received a ribbon for one shot,one kill and I only need one more to onyx it- so maybe everyone might want to play a game of that.
AngryJohnnyk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #85
DeathCultLegion

deathcultlegion's Gamercard
epic is soo lazy
DeathCultLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #86
ufc fan andy

Andy UFC fan's Gamercard
guess i have also got this one too , had a brothers to the end match and shotguns and snipers and still on 18. Screw it!

Last edited by ufc fan andy; 06-14-2012 at 01:58 AM.
ufc fan andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:27 AM   #87
Phantomzero17

Phantomzero17's Gamercard
Quote:
Original post updated to contain latest event tagging information as I understand it, given that this week's ribbon had a 'new name' but is still a recycled event # from week 4.
Pete Nub the guy incharge of these event playlists says we're on week six in the rotation so event #5. When the cycle restarted it didn't restart on #1 because that was locked in TU4 for our Flaming Retro lancers. So the cycle restarts on 2 - 35 making only 34 ribbons currently available period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayv00 View Post
I've got 9/10 so far for the War supporter but I remember the 1st gear event I played was Stranded KotH and it didn't count I still don't know why
Stranded KOTH when it was an event was a weekday event the first go and thats why I didn't count for a ribbon. Back then weekday events didn't count. This cycle they do cause the special events are now week long.

Last edited by Phantomzero17; 06-14-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Phantomzero17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #88
Avernar

Avernar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomzero17 View Post
Pete Nub the guy incharge of these event playlists says we're on week six in the rotation so event #5. When the cycle restarted it didn't restart on #1 because that was locked in TU4 for our Flaming Retro lancers. So the cycle restarts on 2 - 35 making only 34 ribbons currently available period.
That's odd because the first recycled ribbon was called "Welcome Back". They started renaming the ribbons after that.

Where did he say they skipped #1?

His tweet says he belives it's week 6. (Believes?! He's they one running the events and he's not sure?!)
Avernar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #89
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avernar View Post

His tweet says he belives it's week 6. (Believes?! He's they one running the events and he's not sure?!)
Mother of God. How is it EVERY time I come to this thread the Gears news only gets worse.

Believes?!? I certainly hope he's only getting paid minimum wage, anything more than that would be a crime.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #90
lifeexpectancy

Jesus... Well if it is confirmed that the cycle only does weeks 2-35 from here on in, I'll update the OP again with the latest info. I refuse even to look at Epic's forum or Twitter out of sheer disgust with all the ass kissing and circle jerking they do. If someone can confirm this info and reply, two people saying it will be enough for me and I'll update the OP.

Quote: