PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Poor programming? Or developer lazyness
Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements. 86 32.82%
Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events. 176 67.18%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #241
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalWeapon View Post
Man that sucks. It's a shame that a developer like Epic would make an online achievement that requires a lot of attention from the gamer, but provides bad support for it to where it's possible that it may not even be obtainable anymore after a period of time. Does anyone know exactly when the current cycle will end (or is projected to end) ?
We're on number 24 on this cycle, could be one more or one less, but keep in mind the event still hasn't updated... Who could've seen that one coming?...
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #242
HolyHa1fDead

HolyHa1fDead's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post
We're on number 24 on this cycle, could be one more or one less, but keep in mind the event still hasn't updated... Who could've seen that one coming?...
There are 16 more events before they start recycling the ribbons again.

Last edited by HolyHa1fDead; 10-17-2012 at 09:58 AM.
HolyHa1fDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #243
B-Rad

housemusicownsu's Gamercard
What is the current event? does it go right in order down the recycled list or what???

Currently looking to boost

GH World Tour
End War
Battlefield Bad Company 1
GH Warriors of Rock
Fable 3
RB Beatles
GH Smash Hits
RB 2
B-Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #244
B-Rad

2nd stupid question....I see the list of events, how do I find out what game type or what requirements are needed to get that event for the week

GH World Tour
End War
GH Warriors of Rock
Fable 3
RB Beatles
GH Smash Hits
RB 2
Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #245
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
2nd stupid question....I see the list of events, how do I find out what game type or what requirements are needed to get that event for the week
Read the original post in its entirety.This has been asked a countless number of times in both event threads.Everything you want to know is there.Also, you should have just edited your previous post.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #246
Fester

Still Brothas. No new event then. No 3x xp. I'll check Monday.
Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #247
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
No new event yet here either, I'll check again tomorrow... Even after being a week late with the other event Epic can't be on time with the event of this week...
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #248
B-Rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baki54 View Post
Read the original post in its entirety.This has been asked a countless number of times in both event threads.Everything you want to know is there.Also, you should have just edited your previous post.

Read it for the third time and still don't understand. What I mean is how do I know for example if the event is in team death match or warzone or horde.

I get the whole calendar cycle and missing events part just not sure how I figure out what game mode for what event.

GH World Tour
End War
GH Warriors of Rock
Fable 3
RB Beatles
GH Smash Hits
RB 2
Old 09-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #249
MMMDI

MMMDI's Gamercard
Let's say the next event is horde.

Play horde. get a ribbon.
Play warzone, get a ribbon.
Play KotH, get a ribbon.

Basically, you have to play SOMETHING to get the ribbon, it doesn't matter what. That's my understanding of the OP, but I still haven't got anything, so who knows.
MMMDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #250
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMDI View Post
Let's say the next event is horde.

Play horde. get a ribbon.
Play warzone, get a ribbon.
Play KotH, get a ribbon.

Basically, you have to play SOMETHING to get the ribbon, it doesn't matter what. That's my understanding of the OP, but I still haven't got anything, so who knows.
That, and you have to play online. Offline matches won't count.

Still no new event...seems I might aswell just say "F' it" to this achievement

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:10 AM   #251
SHawk996

shawk996's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
Read it for the third time and still don't understand. What I mean is how do I know for example if the event is in team death match or warzone or horde.

I get the whole calendar cycle and missing events part just not sure how I figure out what game mode for what event.
I'm right there with you. The shit doesn't make any sense.

I don't understand why they've made such an elaborate detailed list (Which is very nice, by the way) if all you have to do is play an online vs match?

So on one hand, what they're saying is to just play on line. If that's all that is required, why bother making the detailed list?

I'm only at 7/30. I've been playing this game just about every day since June (For fun, not even grinding). I should have had more ribbons by now...

Shit don't make any damn sense.
100k - Aug 9th 2012
Gamerscore goal complete...working on my completion percentage now.
Looking to boost: Gears 3, Rainbow Six Vegas
SHawk996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #252
MMMDI

MMMDI's Gamercard
Some people play for fun, so a neat modifier or whatever will be fun for them, and they don't give a shit about the achievement.

Those of us who do care about the achievement... well... looks like it's going to suck for us.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:20 AM   #253
MFC06

MFC06's Gamercard
Still no event this is bullshit
MFC06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #254
B-Rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHawk996 View Post

I don't understand why they've made such an elaborate detailed list (Which is very nice, by the way) if all you have to do is play an online vs match?

So on one hand, what they're saying is to just play on line. If that's all that is required, why bother making the detailed list?

I'm only at 7/30. I've been playing this game just about every day since June (For fun, not even grinding). I should have had more ribbons by now...

That's what I seem to be getting to, play on line every week (as long as epic updates the event) no matter what game mode and as long as you haven't played the event yet you'll get a ribbon

GH World Tour
End War
GH Warriors of Rock
Fable 3
RB Beatles
GH Smash Hits
RB 2
Old 09-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #255
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
according to petenub's twitter, epic staff is at eurogamer expo showing off judgement so when they return hopefully we get a new event after the weekend...
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #256
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHawk996 View Post

It's not so much because you need the list, because you're right it boils down to "play an online versus match during the event to get credit".

The problem has arisen though, with Epic's stupid "no credit for events you already played", that people were CONSTANTLY asking things like: Is a new event up? Why am I not getting credit this weekend? I haven't played for X number of weeks so why isn't it working? I played event X, but I still got credit this weekend, why? What game mode should I play to get credit? etc etc.

With so many of the SAME questions being constantly asked, I tried to consolidate all known information, and included the list of events simply because some people like to know where in the cycle we are if they happened to miss a run of 4 or 5 events in a row. Let's say someone deployed to Iraq during Feb/March. Now they're back going "ok, which events DIDN'T I play so I know when to play to get credit?". This list gives them the means to at least estimate when they need to play. Not everyone wants to play once, twice, or three times a week to be sure. Of course by not playing every week they run the risk of missing an event they haven't already played, but at least it's on them at that point.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #257
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Infekt View Post
according to petenub's twitter, epic staff is at eurogamer expo showing off judgement so when they return hopefully we get a new event after the weekend...
Yay thanks for some information

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 AM   #258
w1nn3r1

K1LL3R BEEZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Infekt View Post
God I hope this is true. I only need 4 more.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #259
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
There's something I don't understand...
In the entire Epic office, there's only ONE guy that can push a few buttons and change the event? ONE GUY??? On a huge gaming company? Are they kidding? I don't care where these guys are showing off their next sucky game, how about they fix the current one before abandoning it so they can make it to some stupid gaming show, I'm 2 ribbons away from that goddamned achievement and if Epic just kept their promise on when they updated the event I would've gotten it 2 days ago ffs!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #260
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortyreus View Post
There's something I don't understand...
In the entire Epic office, there's only ONE guy that can push a few buttons and change the event? ONE GUY??? On a huge gaming company? Are they kidding? I don't care where these guys are showing off their next sucky game, how about they fix the current one before abandoning it so they can make it to some stupid gaming show, I'm 2 ribbons away from that goddamned achievement and if Epic just kept their promise on when they updated the event I would've gotten it 2 days ago ffs!
Preaching to the choir man. It makes absolutely no sense that their sysadmin can't give someone else the access required to update the event while Pete is off circle-jer**** in a corner somewhere. I'm SO fucking glad I finished this thing and I'll try to keep on top of this thread as long as my sanity allows for the sake of those still working on it.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #261
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
Preaching to the choir man. It makes absolutely no sense that their sysadmin can't give someone else the access required to update the event while Pete is off circle-jer**** in a corner somewhere. I'm SO fucking glad I finished this thing and I'll try to keep on top of this thread as long as my sanity allows for the sake of those still working on it.
Hahaha that just made my day xD ""It makes absolutely no sense that their sysadmin can't give someone else the access required to update the event while Pete is off circle-jer**** in a corner somewhere."" xD

Imagine how relieved I'll be after 2 more events and can finally concentrate on getting my final Assassins Creed achievements on Brotherhood...
Old 09-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #262
smashingrascal

smashingrascal's Gamercard
I missed 6 or 7 events somewhere down the way but don't know which one. I don't play GoW3 that often anymore and I have to get 1-3 events for socialite but it's a pain to try and find out so I guess i'm not getting the achievement.
smashingrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #263
MMMDI

MMMDI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingrascal View Post
I missed 6 or 7 events somewhere down the way but don't know which one. I don't play GoW3 that often anymore and I have to get 1-3 events for socialite but it's a pain to try and find out so I guess i'm not getting the achievement.
If you're that close, don't give up. Keep an eye on this thread, and if you see a new event mentioned, spend the ten minutes to play a round of warzone or something.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:37 AM   #264
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
Keeping an eye on this site is also helpful:

http://epicgames.com/community/category/gears-of-war/

Everything is Permitted, and Nothing is True.
I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #265
Pesmerga

Pesmerga2000's Gamercard
20 Days and No new Event(Ribbon) ??
Pesmerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #266
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesmerga View Post
20 Days and No new Event(Ribbon) ??
Nope, just checked a few minutes ago still BTTE still no new ribbon...
Old 10-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #267
punkrockfox

fullmetalxfox's Gamercard
It's looking like another weekend without an event. I just played a match and received nothing. Still BTTE.
punkrockfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #268
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
just played a game at 3pm EST, still no new event in the list and I didn't get a ribbon.

Will have to wait until tomorrow to play again. Man it really sucks being at 29/30 for 6 weeks now, just praying that you are playing your LAST game of gears 3.

Feel free to check out my Extra Life 2014 page [HERE], all proceeds go to Children's Hospitals!
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #269
HolyHa1fDead

HolyHa1fDead's Gamercard
lifeexpectancy has done a great job on page 1 on explaining how to get this achievement, but I now have a very bad feeling about this. Let's start with the achievement definition:

Socialite (70) - Earn the Onyx "War Supporter" medal - Play in 30 Gears events.

An expanded definition would read:
Play in a Gears event each week, and start playing Gears events within 22 weeks of the release of the game. You can miss a week or two, but don't miss too many (five).

I played in week one, but like many I didn't realise the upmost importance of playing every week until after week 35.

Why the bad feeling you may ask, well there has been a new event every week for a year and then for the past 3 weeks, nothing. Right now it looks like Epic were only supporting this achievement for 1 year (53 weeks). The last event was called "Brothers to the End" - could that be a reference to the end of events? I really hope I am wrong.

Last edited by HolyHa1fDead; 10-06-2012 at 07:24 PM.
HolyHa1fDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #270
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHa1fDead View Post
lifeexpectancy has done a great job on page 1 on explaining how to get this achievement, but I now have a very bad feeling about this. Let's start with the achievement definition:

Socialite (70) - Earn the Onyx "War Supporter" medal - Play in 30 Gears events.

An expanded definition would read:
Play in a Gears event each week, and start playing Gears events within 22 weeks of the release of the game. You can miss a week or two, but don't miss too many (five).

I played in week one, but like many I didn't realise the upmost importance of playing every week until after week 35.

Why the bad feeling you may ask, well there has been a new event every week for a year and then for the past 3 weeks, nothing. Right now it looks like Epic were only supporting this achievement for 1 year (53 weeks). The last event was called "Brothers to the End" - could that be a reference to the end of events? I really hope I am wrong.
As terrible as that might sound to some, I'm sure you're just overthinking it

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote