PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Strategy > geoDefense Swarm
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & Walkthrough

Achievement Guide & Roadmap by Craphex

Overview:
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10 (If following walkthroughs)
- Approximate time: 4 - 6 hours
- Offline: 200
- Online: 0
- Missable Achievements: None
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 for each difficulty (can repeat each level)
- Glitched achievements: None
- Cheats: None
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes

Introduction:
My first guide, with hopefully more to come.
Enjoyed the first game, so bought Swarm on day one. Currently priced at 2.29/$2.99.
There are 3 difficulties to play with 10 levels per difficulty, the last level of each having unlimited waves. You can also play any level at any time.

Step 1a:
Go into Help & Options and click on Hardcore Mode so that it now says Novice Mode. This will make the game much easier!

Step 1b:
You can go Here for the best setup for each level.

Step 2:
Play through the levels. It is best to start on Easy 1 and work your way up. You get an achievement for completing one level of each difficulty, then the 9 levels of each difficulty, and again all 9 without losing a life. The 10th level of each difficulty does not count as it is endless. A green tick next to each level means you have completed it, a gold star means you have completed it without losing a life.

You can knock out the miscellaneous achievements during the easy levels, an achievement for each tower being upgraded to max(7) exluding the Thump tower. The Vortex towers appear on Medium already placed which can be upgraded, dropping one of each tower on this level will unlock the Turret Happy achievement. The x50 multiplier will come natural without even trying.

These achievements won't unlock until the game has ended! So don't worry if it doesn't pop as soon as you upgraded a tower to full, placed all the towers or got x50 or higher.

Easy Start 1
As the achievement says, beat any level on Easy. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Beat Easy 2
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Easy. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Easy Owned 10
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Easy without losing a life. Again the last endless level does not count.

Medium Start 5
As the achievement says, beat any level on Medium. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Beat Medium 10
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Medium. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Medium Owned 30
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Medium without losing a life. Again the last endless level does not count.

Hard Start 7
As the achievement says, beat any level on Hard. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Beat Hard 15
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Hard. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Hard Owned 85
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Hard without losing a life. Again the last endless level does not count.

Green Machine 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the green Blaster tower to Level 7, the highest level.

Blue Thunder 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the blue Laser tower to Level 7, the highest level.

Red Menace 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the red Missile tower to Level 7, the highest level.

Shock And Awe 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the yellow Shock tower to Level 7, the highest level.

Flux Vortex 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the multicoloured swirling Vortex tower to Level 7, the highest level. You cannot place this tower, they start appearing already placed from Medium onwards.

Close Call 5
For every kill your multiplier goes up by 1. After 50 kills in one level you should get this. Killing enemies closer to the red exit gives you a higher multiplier.

Turret Happy 5
Just place one of each turret down in one level. The earliest you can do this is on the first Medium level.

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12

Last edited by Craphex; 09-10-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Smarten Up
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice guide and thanks for the video tutorial guide, only problem is the videos only have the easy levels (so far?). Bit of a shame that most of the achievements are pretty much the same as the first game, could have done with a bit more variety e.g. reach 50 waves in an endless level or meet a certain score.

But oh well, at least it makes them easier to obtain
Old 05-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Heh true, and cheers dude!
I'm sure the list had them all on this morning, anyway got the same videos on the youtube channel, all of them there.
I will update the guide with the new link ^_^

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Thanks very much for that! I'll be sure to take a gander when I get stuck on some of the levels that I just end up getting completely stumped on. I finally managed to do the first medium level!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Great road map so far, but 2(-4)hrs completion time, is a bit too optimistic IMHO (even with a guide). I'd rather say 5-8hrs depending on skill.

Achievement guide is a bit short though

Last edited by Trikke; 05-20-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikke View Post
Great road map so far, but 2(-4)hrs completion time, is a bit too optimistic IMHO (even with a guide). I'd rather say 5-8hrs depending on skill.

Achievement guide is a bit short though
It is a bit short, but that's because it doesn't really need any more. Sure maybe OP could flesh it out a tiny bit for new players to the game e.g. to upgrade a tower just tap on it and then then tap the upgrade button 6 times once you can afford to and then finish the level, but tbh the game explains upgrading to you anyway.

But on that note maybe OP could mention that you need to finish the level for the achievements to unlock, whether you win it or not (e.g. I managed to get a 50x multiplier and then just let the creepers kill me, which counted as me "completing" the level netting me the achievement (only with a green tick though), so that might be easier for some people.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
LanEvo

LanEvoIX's Gamercard
Nice work, thanks for the guide.

The first game was very good. Had I noticed it, I would've bought it day one.

Edit:
I also agree that 2~4 hours is very unlikely. I'd say 4h with a guide, 8h without one. I'm working my way through medium, and had to restart several times already to perfect a strategy through trial and error.

Also, for the close call achievement, the solution is wrong. It's not cumulative, you have to kill a creep very close to the exit to get a 50x multiplier in a single kill (hence the name close call).

Keep it up! Thanks again.

Last edited by LanEvo; 05-23-2012 at 04:22 PM.
LanEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
GIitch

Shifter's Gamercard
Are there any better video guides? I'm stuck on a level and the guide doesn't help at all.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
Repo

Send a message via MSN to Repo

x RepoUK x's Gamercard
Which level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanEvo View Post
Also, for the close call achievement, the solution is wrong. It's not cumulative, you have to kill a creep very close to the exit to get a 50x multiplier in a single kill (hence the name close call).
This.

Last edited by Repo; 05-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #10
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIitch View Post
Are there any better video guides? I'm stuck on a level and the guide doesn't help at all.
Yeah the video guides are outdated. Those video guides are not for the Windows Phone 7 version. In some levels the creeps move differently than in other versions of the game. Would be nice if they went for perfects as well
Most Recent: Chaos Rings
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
The Mahalo guides are pretty useless. Anyone could pass the levels. It's just passing without losing a life that's important for the achievements. As mentioned above, the creeps also move differently even if you follow videos on youtube. There's a guide for Y Me? (possibly the hardest medium level) on youtube that has a perfect, but the creeps never ever moved down the middle when I followed it. Ended up I had to build several greens to "cup" two "Ys" to force them to go down the middle. Over 10 attempts, with trial and error eventually helping me to get through it perfectly.

Google "David Such" and you may find some image guides for some medium levels. Most of them work, but some aren't perfects as well, and it's incomplete. But still, more helpful than Mahalo videos that's for sure.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101910 View Post
Yeah the video guides are outdated. Those video guides are not for the Windows Phone 7 version. In some levels the creeps move differently than in other versions of the game. Would be nice if they went for perfects as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeker75 View Post
The Mahalo guides are pretty useless. Anyone could pass the levels. It's just passing without losing a life that's important for the achievements. As mentioned above, the creeps also move differently even if you follow videos on youtube. There's a guide for Y Me? (possibly the hardest medium level) on youtube that has a perfect, but the creeps never ever moved down the middle when I followed it. Ended up I had to build several greens to "cup" two "Ys" to force them to go down the middle. Over 10 attempts, with trial and error eventually helping me to get through it perfectly.

Google "David Such" and you may find some image guides for some medium levels. Most of them work, but some aren't perfects as well, and it's incomplete. But still, more helpful than Mahalo videos that's for sure.
You guys are narbs. Make sure you change the setting in the options from Hardcore to Novice, that is what setting the video guides are on.

I used every Mahalo guide and only had to play each level once. Each solution worked perfectly. The swarm always followed the same path as in the videos. Before knocking the achievement guide and video guides, pay attention.

Thanks for the guide BTW! I agree on the 2/10 difficulty, but no way anyone is completing that in 2 hours. Using guides as efficiently as possible (I literally do not think you can beat the game any faster than I did), it took me 4-5 hours to complete the game. I would adjust the time to say 4-6 hours.

GOAL : 250,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2014 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 113 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
Avenged Remains

Avenged Remains's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craphex View Post
Turret Happy 5
Just place one of each turret down in one level. The earliest you can do this is on the first Medium level.
You can also do this on the 9th easy level
Avenged Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #14
zszaiss

zszaiss's Gamercard
Quote:
I ended up using this for Hard Lvl 4 (Crazy Ivan) because it was missing from the Mahalo video guide. I didn't follow his guide exactly, but he called out that the sparkly monsters that only appear on this level are more resistant to the laser tower than the missile tower. That swapped my strategy around.
zszaiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:

Thank you for this, I too found the Maholo guides good for just passing the level, but the David Such pics are better IMO.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by master_shake_350 View Post
Thank you for this, I too found the Maholo guides good for just passing the level, but the David Such pics are better IMO.
Did you change the difficulty to Novice? I used all the Mahalo guides with no issue on Novice.

GOAL : 250,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2014 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 113 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #17
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Emerald   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   The Helping Hand   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org geoDefense Swarm Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Thank you KillerBEA for the avatar and Rajeanero for the signature!

Mords-toi la langue, tu vas finir par me plaire...
Je ne me passe plus de vous. Je ne me passe plus de tout...

Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #18
Rusty Nail zh

Rusty Nail zh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver
Having a hard time on the Hard level "Looking Glass". For the first 13 waves I have no problems at all. But the last wave with the stars is causing damage all the time...1 to 3 stars always hit my base. I followed the guide above and the difficulty is also set to novice. Did some variations, but nothing helped. Anyone got a solution to beat the level without losing a life? Appreciated! Cheers!

EDIT: Right after I posted this, I got it. More shock towers ftw!

Pittsburgh Penguins / Juventus FC / HC Lugano

50k Club --> 29.10.2009

100k Club --> 11.02.2011

Last edited by Rusty Nail zh; 04-12-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Rusty Nail zh is offline   Reply With Quote