Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
Yokuo X

Yokuo X's Gamercard
Which Game Should I Buy - DD or DD:DA

That's a lot of "D"'s.

I'm considering getting this game, but since the original game and Dark Arisen share the same achievement list, I was wondering which would be the better game to get.

Also, I died in the countryside demo (even though I rocked the prologue demo). Is that bird really that hard or did I just miss something in the control system?

Anyway, thanks for any help.
Yokuo X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
ZombieFan

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokuo X View Post
That's a lot of "D"'s.

I'm considering getting this game, but since the original game and Dark Arisen share the same achievement list, I was wondering which would be the better game to get.

Also, I died in the countryside demo (even though I rocked the prologue demo). Is that bird really that hard or did I just miss something in the control system?

Anyway, thanks for any help.
From what I understand Dark Arisen is an éxpansion pack with no added achievements (God knows why) but regardless if it's for achievements, the standard one should do (correct me if I am wrong guys).
ZombieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Dark Arisen isn't just an expansion pack. Gameplay and Graphics have been improved, not only does it contain the new Bitterblack Isle DLC (which is fun, even if it has no achievements attached to it) it also contains all of the old DLC you could get for the original (again 0 achievements). The biggest improvement by far of course is the improvement to fast travel. It's a lot cheaper and more accessible.

I would suggest getting Dark Arisen over the original to anyone thinking of playing Dragon's Dogma.

Last edited by SpinelesS; 06-02-2013 at 01:33 AM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
Uchiha Miek

Uchiha Miek's Gamercard
There is 100% no reason not to get Dark Arisen. I don't really get your question anyway. With Dark Arisen you get the whole original DD anyway and most of of the DLC packs and then they've gone in and made loads of in-game tweaks and changes to make it a better game. Plus it's the only way to play the new Bitterblack Isle content, even if you get the original game it's not available as DLC. I've rambled on, but to summarize, I don't see why you would ever consider getting the original over what is essentially a GOTY edition for around the same price.

Last edited by Uchiha Miek; 06-02-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Uchiha Miek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
TirelessFiver

TirelessFiver's Gamercard
Wanna throw a few thumb ups for the people that posted on this thread. I just started playing Dragon's Dogma yesterday... I am in love with it already and, as a direct result of this thread, I ordered Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen just so I get this extra content and game functionality before I really dig into it! Thanks again for the heads up!!
TirelessFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
madhatter1

Orion M42X's Gamercard
Late to the party on this thread... but, I got the original game in a swap and so, that's the version I've been playing. I have to say that I'm a bit overwhelmed by the size of the world and the inaccessibility to fast travel. I realize I can buy a ferrystone for 20k gold, but they're one shot use and expensive. Is this the predicament I'm stuck in, or does it get better?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #7
Mr Fiddler

Mr Fiddler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
Late to the party on this thread... but, I got the original game in a swap and so, that's the version I've been playing. I have to say that I'm a bit overwhelmed by the size of the world and the inaccessibility to fast travel. I realize I can buy a ferrystone for 20k gold, but they're one shot use and expensive. Is this the predicament I'm stuck in, or does it get better?
If you start Dark Arisen with an original Dragon's Dogma save it will give you an infinite ferrystone which is pretty handy. I've just started this game too and bought the DA version in the sale the other week. I borrowed a copy of the original from a friend at work to make an initial save before switching over. There are a load of other perks and tweaks DA added, you really want that version if you can get hold of it.
Mr Fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Definitely Dark Arisen. The extra content there might as worth half of a game. You get MUCH stronger items in the new dungeon and can gain more satisfaction defeating the enemies there.

10000G for 10 games on 7/12/2010
20000G for 20 games on 9/8/2011
30000G for 30 games on 6/5/2012
40000G for 40 games on 24/9/2012
50000G for 50 games on 19/5/2013
60000G for 60 games on 12/1/2014

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote