PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,156

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Dlc?

Has anybody tried out the day one DLCs that are on the marketplace? I'll get the 2nd one with the hairstyles and armor. I'll probably get the 1st one too. I'm just wondering how many of them there are going to be since it says it's part one. It includes 10 quests that have to do with some kind of medallions?

If anyone has any info on these I'd like to hear it. I'm about to start the game and will download them myself to check out. I was just hoping the developer had mentioned something about DLC in the past. I haven't really kept up with game pre-launch so I could avoid spoilers.

Thanks to anyone who comments.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 68 Retail Games and 6 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,156

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Btw this is just a mini rant about the way you get the DLC. It's annoying to me that they have an Xbox Live Marketplace option on the title screen menu, but you can't buy either of these from here. You have to do it through the dashboard or the xbox.com website.

It's not a huge deal, just a little annoying. I'm not sure why they did that. They do give you a message when you boot the game that the content is available though. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you're interested or overlooked it.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 68 Retail Games and 6 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
tkhbecker
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lumberton, NC, 28360 USA
Posts: 609

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I bought the Hairstyle/Armor and Quest. The hairstyles look fem taylored and the armor is from the captain chick person which is only one torso piece. I havent played too much more to find the DLC quest as of yet.
__________________

Pixels
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
metallicorphan
 
metallicorphan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Manchester,England
Posts: 1,033

metallicorphan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
Has anybody tried out the day one DLCs that are on the marketplace? I'll get the 2nd one with the hairstyles and armor. I'll probably get the 1st one too. I'm just wondering how many of them there are going to be since it says it's part one. It includes 10 quests that have to do with some kind of medallions?

If anyone has any info on these I'd like to hear it. I'm about to start the game and will download them myself to check out. I was just hoping the developer had mentioned something about DLC in the past. I haven't really kept up with game pre-launch so I could avoid spoilers.

Thanks to anyone who comments.

I have no info on the DLC on the marketplace but i do know because of strict censorship in Germany instead of the Resident Evil 6 demo they get DLC for 100 quests..i would rather have that than the Resi 6 demo,as i don't give a shit about that
__________________

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,156

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicorphan View Post
I have no info on the DLC on the marketplace but i do know because of strict censorship in Germany instead of the Resident Evil 6 demo they get DLC for 100 quests..i would rather have that than the Resi 6 demo,as i don't give a shit about that
Man that sucks. They get 100 extra quests instead of a demo that I don't even care about? Damn now I have to pay $10 for that content. Oh well, I hope the RE6 demo is awesome then. I've never been a big RE fan. I didn't even finish RE5. If the demo's good, I'll give the new one a chance though. Glad I passed on Operation Raccoon City since all of my friends that got it said it was horrible.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 68 Retail Games and 6 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
TheThreeStooges
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 357
I would like to know if its worth it?
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #7
koga88
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 45

wolvespack88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
Man that sucks. They get 100 extra quests instead of a demo that I don't even care about? Damn now I have to pay $10 for that content. Oh well, I hope the RE6 demo is awesome then. I've never been a big RE fan. I didn't even finish RE5. If the demo's good, I'll give the new one a chance though. Glad I passed on Operation Raccoon City since all of my friends that got it said it was horrible.
It could be that those 100 extra quests are just notice board quests which are mostly just hunt x type of monster, escort this person to that place or find a certain amount of items, and there is already an abundance of those in the main game.
__________________

koga88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
tkhbecker
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lumberton, NC, 28360 USA
Posts: 609

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The armor you recieve is exactly like that worn by Mercades Marin breasts and all. It takes all Clothing and Armor slots.


Really not cool for a male Arisen. But you do unlock the achievement A Queen's Regalia
Dressed a male party member in women's clothing.
__________________

Pixels

Last edited by tkhbecker; 05-23-2012 at 01:21 AM.
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
Darth Cuda
 
Darth Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UnitedStates
Posts: 1,453

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Where is the armor? Mine didnt show up.
__________________
All throttle no bottle.
If i hear just one Tracey Sucks chant...It's gonna be Ultra Mega Mass Homicide!
Darth Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,156

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cuda View Post
Where is the armor? Mine didnt show up.
You have to get it out of storage at an Inn. I'm glad it has such good buffs. But I really hate the fact that my MALE mage is dressed in drag all the time. The bad thing is that I haven't found anything near as good yet. So I have no real choice but to wear it.

I'd say this DLC is worth the $2. The 8 new hairstyles are pretty cool and the armor gives a great boost at the start of the game. I haven't tried any of the new quests that were in the other DLC because I haven't found them on the notice boards yet.

You were right about the quest btw. They are just notice board quests where you find medallions. That's what I read on another forum anyway. There will be 10 of them for a $1 each released every week for the next 10 weeks. Apparently they have an overarching purpose and if you do them all you get a pretty hefty reward. I can't confirm that obviously. It might just be speculation at this point.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 68 Retail Games and 6 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Pyrochaos
 
Pyrochaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 1,349

AOS Pyrochaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
You have to get it out of storage at an Inn. I'm glad it has such good buffs. But I really hate the fact that my MALE mage is dressed in drag all the time. The bad thing is that I haven't found anything near as good yet. So I have no real choice but to wear it.
Isn't that an achievement actually? Or does it have to be a party member?
__________________

Pyrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,156

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
Isn't that an achievement actually? Or does it have to be a party member?
Yeah it's an achievement. I was surprised when it popped. I knew the armor was based on Mercedes' armor, but I just assumed it would be like in most RPGs. Where if your characters is male then the armor will become a male set. That's not the case though. It's not that big of a deal. It's not like NPCs will react in a weird way asking you why the Hell you're a cross-dresser.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 68 Retail Games and 6 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
devoidofreality
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10

DevoidOfReality's Gamercard
Doesn't look like those of us in Europe can download them yet. Every time I try I just get the following message.

'This offer is not valid in your region.'
devoidofreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
ponypo2001
 
ponypo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wolverhampton,UK
Posts: 2,488

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoidofreality View Post
Doesn't look like those of us in Europe can download them yet. Every time I try I just get the following message.

'This offer is not valid in your region.'
I can't even see any DLC anywhere to download which sucks. Nothing on Marketplace and nothing buy crystals from the ingame store. Guess they'll add it on Friday.
__________________





ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
devoidofreality
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10

DevoidOfReality's Gamercard
I was trying through xbox.com hadn't tried through the marketplace on the dashboard. I must be looking at the US marketplace.
devoidofreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
ANIMAL NL
 
ANIMAL NL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 154

AwesomeJack NL's Gamercard
I pre ordered this game just for the berserk stuff, but my pre order dlc has different armor and weapon than guts' or griffiths. maybe because I'm in europe?
If someone wants to trade their berserk code for my re6 code please send me a msg. Of course I know there's virtually no chance for this happening but I have to try:/
ANIMAL NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:46 PM.