PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2009, 03:02 AM   #1
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Road Map to 1750

Overview:
-Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 6/10
-Offline: 44 (1100)
-Online: 35 (650)
-Approximate time to 1750: 30-40 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (2 to 3 recommended)
-Number of missable achievements: 10
-Glitched achievements: No
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? N/A
-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes

Introduction:
Welcome to Halo 3, there are a total of 79 achievements, worth a total of 1750. It is possible to get all the campaign achievements in only 1 playthrough, but you'd have to play on Legendary, with the meta game scoring on, and looking for skulls/terminals. I recommend 2 or 3 playthroughs.

There are 10 missable achievements. You have to find the hidden skulls (9 skulls) on each level, there's 9, and you have to access all the hidden terminals (7 terminals), and there's 10. You will unlock more than half of the achievements, 1100 offline, in either Campaign or Forge. The other 650 are online multiplayer achievements, which can all be boosted.

As of 9/22/09, you must have the Halo 3 Mythic Disc to get the achievements for the maps: Longshore, Heretic, and Citadel. As they have not been released on the Marketplace yet.

Step #1 (Optional): Campaign on Normal
Please skip this step if you are familiar with FPS games.

Basic Controls:
Melee
Reload (pick up gun/switch gun/get in vehicle/etc.)
Attack
Jump
Throw Grenade
Crouch
Switch Weapons
Use Equipment
Switch Grenades

If you are new to Halo or even FPS games as a whole, I would recommended playing on Normal for the first time. It will still get you a minimum of 405. You may or may not get the following achievements: Too Close to the Sun, We're in for some Chop, Fear the Pink Mist, Headshot Honcho, and Used Car Salesman.

Step #2: Campaign on Legendary (Skulls/Terminals included)
I strongly suggest you play this in co-op instead of solo. It is much easier. It can be done online or local splitscreen. You will also be finding the skulls and terminals as well in this playthrough.

If you have two controllers, but no one else to play with, you can make a co-op game with a guest, and just leave the controller alone, every time you die, you will just spawn by him, and when you go too far from him, he will just catch up with you.

Please go Here for the locations of all the skulls in Halo 3.
Please go Here for the locations of all the terminals in Halo 3.

Once you have beat Legendary, you will have a minimum of 785.

Step #3: Campaign Meta-Game
At this part you should have just about all the campaign achievements. To make it short, you are required to score a certain amount of points on each campaign mission. It's not the same on each mission.

I recommend playing on Normal with the skulls: Grunt Birthday Party, Tough Luck, and Catch. But, of course it's all personal preference, chose whatever skulls you are good with activated.

Use this Thread to find an outline of the meta game scoring.

Step #4: Online Multilplayer Achievements
Now, you should have all of the campaign achievements with the exception of Too Close to the Sun, We're in for some Chop, Fear the Pink Mist, Headshot Honcho, and Used Car Salesman. You should have a minimum of 875. There are 35 online multiplayer achievements worth 650. Some of them can be tough, but, they can all be boosted.

I have classified all 35 multiplayer achievements into several categories:

-Ranked Achievements (all of them except MVP must be done in Ranked Free For All's)
-Mythic Achievements (can be done in ranked or social matches)
-Legendary Achievements (can be done in ranked or social matches and on Mythic Maps)

<Achievement Type-Playlist-Game Type-Map>

Two For One- Ranked Free For All Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves or Mythic Brawl, Slayer, on Snowbound or Construct.

Triple Kill- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Swords, on The Pit or Guardian.

Overkill- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Swords, on The Pit or Guardian.

Lee R Wilson Memorial- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Slayer, on Construct or Isolation.

Killing Frenzy- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Slayer, on Snowbound.

Steppin' Razor- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Swords, on Guardian, The Pit, or Epitaph.

Mongoose Mowdown- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Slayer, on Isolation.

Up Close and Personal- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves or Mythic Brawl, Slayer, on Snowbound or Construct.

MVP- Ranked Achievement- best done in Team Slayer, Team Slayer, on Construct or Guardian.

Double Double- Legendary Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on
Avalanche or Assembly.

Alas, Poor Yorick- Legendary Achievement, best done in Rumble Pit or Action Sack, on Ghost Town.

Came...From...Behind- Legendary Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on Avalanche, Ghost Town, or a Sandbox Map Variant.

Defend This- Legendary Achievement, best done in Big Team Mythic or Action Sack, Capture the Flag or One Flag, on Avalanche or a Sandbox Map Variant.

Flag Dropped- Legendary Achievement, best done in Big Team Mythic or Action Sack, Capture the Flag or One Flag, on Avalanche or a Sandbox Map Variant.

Road Rage- Legendary Achievement, best done in in Big Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on Avalanche or Sandbox.

Look Both Ways- Legendary Achievement, best done in Social Big Team, Team Slayer, on Avalanche.

Hammer Time
- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, must be done on Assembly.

Pull- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, must be done on Citadel.

Blades of Fury- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, must be done on Heretic.

Ghost Patrol- Mythic Achievement, best done in Big Team Mythic, Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, or One Flag, must be done on Longshore.

Post Mortem- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, must be done on Orbital.

...Get the Horns- Mythic Achievement, best done in Griffball or Action Sack, Griffball, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Awww, Too Bad- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on Assembly or Heretic.

Killtacular- Mythic Achievement, best done in Griffball, Griffball, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Have Fun Respawning- Mythic Achievement, best done in Griffball, Griffball, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Save This Film- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on Assembly or Sandbox.

Delicious Brains- Mythic Achievement, best done in Living Dead, Creeping Death, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Zombie Repeller
- Mythic Achievement, best done in Living Dead, Save One Bullet, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Go Here to see the current matchmaking playlists.

To clarify this, after the update, the achievements UNSC Spartan and Spartan Officer, you must earn the specific amount of exp in one playlist, not overall exp.

Example: 50 exp in Social Slayer=Spartan Officer achievement.

To view how much exp you have in each playlist, simply go to that playlist and click on your name, it should say something, like:

Social Slayer (or whatever playlist you are on) exp: 46
Exp: 100

Again, as of 9/22/09, you must have the Halo 3 Mythic Disc in order to get the achievements Pull, Ghost Patrol, Blades of Fury, Longshore Skull, Heretic Skull, Citadel Skull, and Vidmaster Challenge: Brainpan, as the other 3 Mythic Maps have not yet been released on the Marketplace. If you don't have the Halo 3 Mythic Disc, the maximum score you can have is 1575.

Step #5: Forge
This step should not take long, simply go into Forge, and make a match on each of the 6 Mythic Maps, Longshore, Heretic, Assembly, Sandbox, Orbital, and Citadel. You will get the achievements for finding the skull in each map, each worth 25 and the achievement to find all 6 skulls.

Please go Here for the locations of the Mythic Skulls.

The last Forge achievement requires you to kill someone while in monitor mode on a Mythic Map, simply go to Forge, and play on any of the 6 Mythic Maps, get a tank, and kill someone while holding it, slam it into them.

Step #6: Mop Up
At this part, so you should have the majority of the achievements in Halo 3, if not all of them. The only achievements I can think of that you will still need to get are Too Close to the Sun, We're in for some Chop, Fear the Pink Mist, Headshot Honcho, Used Car Salesman, and Vidmaster Challenge: Annual.

Conclusion:
Halo 3 is overall a really enjoyable game to 1750, the only ones you might struggle with are the multiplayer achievements, but, worst case scenario, you can always boost them with friends. The link to the guide is Here.

I would like to thank The Pants Party and Eternal for writing the amazing guide.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements

Last edited by Coadster1; 07-15-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:50 AM   #2
Lewi

surfalewi's Gamercard
not finished!?

IDDQD
Lewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Ginjasy

Ginja Badger's Gamercard
Don't you mean Not Started!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginjasy View Post
Don't you mean Not Started!
.... Nail-Head-Bang!

Edit: Is it me or is there going to be a slight problem with this....Your guide looks like its gonna be big and Iv noticed you havent reserved any post spaces below you OP..? Meaning this guide is gonna be cut up over several places on this forum!

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,477

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 10-07-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Z3R0 S1X

z3r0 s1x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Since the other guide for the 750 hasn't been updated and there's already a guide for the original 1000, why not just do a new guide for the 750 with a link to the guide for the first 1000? Or just send the creator of the 750 guide a message asking him/her to updated it since the new maps are out.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
Achievement difficulty: 3/10 imo, if even so high
Old 10-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #7
The GunOfTheWest

GunOfTheWest's Gamercard
There is not 1100G available offline at all. Fail at counting.
The GunOfTheWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #8
Coadster1

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GunOfTheWest View Post
There is not 1100G available offline at all. Fail at counting.
What did I do wrong? I think there is 1100G, the rest have to be done online.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)

TrueAchievements
Old 10-07-2009, 03:28 AM   #9
TheBigMoneyGrip

I thought there were only 7 terminals, not 10.
TheBigMoneyGrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:22 AM   #10
ch9209live

Send a message via Skype™ to ch9209live

ch9209live's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigMoneyGrip View Post
no he meant that Terminal ach. is 10th missable ach. but
ch9209live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
Coadster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigMoneyGrip View Post
Sorry for the confusion. :/

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)

TrueAchievements
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #12
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Send a message via MSN to Eternal

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   x360a Book Club   SOTF Winner   Road Map - Silver   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
The 750GS guide is not updated because I'm waiting on Maka to finish his video for the skulls.
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #13
Coadster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorsworthy View Post
.... Nail-Head-Bang!

Edit: Is it me or is there going to be a slight problem with this....Your guide looks like its gonna be big and Iv noticed you havent reserved any post spaces below you OP..? Meaning this guide is gonna be cut up over several places on this forum!
Ummmmm, it's not an Achievement Guide, it's a Road Map....... big difference.

Achievement Guide- tells you how to get each individual achievement on a game

Road Map- an outline; tells you the quickest way to get 100% completion

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)

TrueAchievements
Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #14
HeNDRY

HeNDRY 1985's Gamercard
i think its 900G offline buddy
HeNDRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:29 AM   #15
Coadster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeNDRY View Post
i think its 900G offline buddy

I don't think so. The original 1000G was 900G offline, but the Forge and Mythic Map skulls are included in offline, because you can't get them in online mutilplayer, they have to be done in Forge, which can be done online, but can also be done local offline, since they don't have to be done online in Forge, they are classified as offline.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)

TrueAchievements
Old 10-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coadster1 View Post
I don't think so. The original 1000G was 900G offline, but the Forge and Mythic Map skulls are included in offline, because you can't get them in online mutilplayer, they have to be done in Forge, which can be done online, but can also be done local offline, since they don't have to be done online in Forge, they are classified as offline.
yup you are right, they can be gotten offline
Old 10-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #17
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Ummmmm, it's not an Achievement Guide, it's a Road Map....... big difference.

Achievement Guide- tells you how to get each individual achievement on a game

Road Map- an outline; tells you the quickest way to get 100% completion
I know its a road map but I was just typing guide, but that had nothing to do with what I said..

All I was saying is that I thought you'd go over your letter count...

Kung Fu Rainbow Lazer Force
Starting GSL13 Gamerscore: 211,477

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #18
Coadster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorsworthy View Post
I know its a road map but I was just typing guide, but that had nothing to do with what I said..

All I was saying is that I thought you'd go over your letter count...
I see. That was nice of you to say that and it would've probably been smart of me to reserve room. But most Road Maps don't go over more than 10,000 characters, or more than one post.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)

TrueAchievements
Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #19
HeNDRY

HeNDRY 1985's Gamercard
Quote:

your very much right. sorry dude my bad.
HeNDRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #20
DaedolusNL

Only1Daedolus's Gamercard
Looks nice Kudos
Still need to get that two for one
DaedolusNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #21
Fully Avenged

fully avenged's Gamercard
Hey Coadster. Not to seem majorly picky or anything, but a few typos and stuff I thought I'd point out for you.

Quote:
Have Gun Respawning- Mythic Achievement, best done in Griffball, Griffball, on a Sandbox Map Variant.
^ The actual name for this Achievement is Have Fun Respawning, not Have Gun Respawning, thought I'd point this out in case someone looks at this and gets a bit lost with the Achievement name.

Also, you say 'Griffball' in a lot of the descriptions, but last time I played it I was sure it was 'Griftball', not 'Griffball'? Unless there's two different playlists that I'm not thinking of, I'm certain this was named Griftball instead.

As well as this, you noted there are no Glitched Achievements in this game, however, I have heard rumours from people saying that to get the 'Campaign Completed: Legendary' achievement, you must watch all the clips during the levels. Whether this is confirmed or not, I'm unsure, but just giving you a heads up.

~~~

I believe this is all the corrections I can see. Apologies for seeming rather... Big-headed, if that's how I come across. It wasn't my intention, I just wanted to try and contribute something toward this Thread, as it's helped me so much with my Halo career [And thank you, for that, btw.], I wasn't sure if you wanted corrections in PM form, or post, but if you want to take what you want from this, and then want me to edit it out, please just send me a Private Message requesting so [As I may not check my posts on this Thread for a while] and I'll take it down right away

Other than this, keep up the good work, this Thread is an excellent piece of work, and it's very helpful. I particularly liked your section which recommends which Playlists + Maps to get the online achievements on. That's helped me to no end on so many occasions, so good work on that!

My regards.

Fully Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #22
Coadster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Avenged View Post
Hey Coadster. Not to seem majorly picky or anything, but a few typos and stuff I thought I'd point out for you.

^ The actual name for this Achievement is Have Fun Respawning, not Have Gun Respawning, thought I'd point this out in case someone looks at this and gets a bit lost with the Achievement name.

Also, you say 'Griffball' in a lot of the descriptions, but last time I played it I was sure it was 'Griftball', not 'Griffball'? Unless there's two different playlists that I'm not thinking of, I'm certain this was named Griftball instead.

As well as this, you noted there are no Glitched Achievements in this game, however, I have heard rumours from people saying that to get the 'Campaign Completed: Legendary' achievement, you must watch all the clips during the levels. Whether this is confirmed or not, I'm unsure, but just giving you a heads up.

~~~

I believe this is all the corrections I can see. Apologies for seeming rather... Big-headed, if that's how I come across. It wasn't my intention, I just wanted to try and contribute something toward this Thread, as it's helped me so much with my Halo career [And thank you, for that, btw.], I wasn't sure if you wanted corrections in PM form, or post, but if you want to take what you want from this, and then want me to edit it out, please just send me a Private Message requesting so [As I may not check my posts on this Thread for a while] and I'll take it down right away

Other than this, keep up the good work, this Thread is an excellent piece of work, and it's very helpful. I particularly liked your section which recommends which Playlists + Maps to get the online achievements on. That's helped me to no end on so many occasions, so good work on that!

My regards.
Thanks, man, that means a lot. I'm glad to help. As for the Have Gun Respawing, lmao. Just a common typo, I knew it was fun, but thanks for that. As for Grifball, it's spelled Grifbal, not Griftball. And there are not two different games, no Griftball, period.

http://www.bungie.net/online/playlists.aspx

For the watching all the cut scenes, in order to get Beat Legendary achievement, that's complete BS, not true. Never heard that before, ever.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)

TrueAchievements
Old 10-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #23
Fully Avenged

fully avenged's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks, man, that means a lot. I'm glad to help. As for the Have Gun Respawing, lmao. Just a common typo, I knew it was fun, but thanks for that. As for Grifball, it's spelled Grifbal, not Griftball. And there are not two different games, no Griftball, period.

http://www.bungie.net/online/playlists.aspx

For the watching all the cut scenes, in order to get Beat Legendary achievement, that's complete BS, not true. Never heard that before, ever.

Thanks for all the help!!!
You're very welcome for my help, similarly to you, I'm glad to help someone who's helped me so much.

Sorry about the Grifball confusion. I was unsure as to which spelling was correct, so I thought I'd just inform you in case it was wrong.

About the typo, I thought you might've did that on accident, wasn't aware you'd done that on purpose, lmao.

The cutscene thing I just heard going around Live around the time ODST was released, people started making a fuss that you needed to watch Cutscenes to get achievements. As I said, wasn't sure if it was true, so I thought I'd mention it to you, just in case.

Once again, I'm glad to help. If there's any other way I could contribute, please, don't hesitate to ask. If I find myself checking these posts and I see a request for my help, I'll be glad to offer it.

Fully Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #24
pablokenfold

MorPH EMX's Gamercard
Thanks so much for putting up the time and effort to give us newbs this guide. It'll get me going on my 100% completion quest. Right now I'm up to about 30%? At any rate, I'm sure it'll be a big help.
pablokenfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #25
mrcoleminer

hey anybody what to boost with my friends? i have least 4 friends that would like to boost for halo achievements hit me up here and let me know....we just need 4 more people cause u need a total of 8 to boost.
mrcoleminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:07 AM   #26
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoleminer View Post
hey anybody what to boost with my friends? i have least 4 friends that would like to boost for halo achievements hit me up here and let me know....we just need 4 more people cause u need a total of 8 to boost.
You should be posting in the Achievement Trading Thread. You'll find alot of people there.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #27
mrcoleminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iv AJay vI View Post
You should be posting in the Achievement Trading Thread. You'll find alot of people there.
Ok thanks, still new to this fourm
mrcoleminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #28
SH4WN WU

sry to say this buddy but: FAIL...this guide it nothing but achievement descriptions i think everyone knows by now how and where to get these cheevs..the question is whats the best way to get them? can you boost them? if so then where? with friends? so many un answered questions alot more is need than"the best place to get this is snowbound swords " uhhh yeah ok and how exactly do i get a triple kill with a sword if no one wants to play swords on snowbound then what?
SH4WN WU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #29
mini ak47

mini ak47's Gamercard
1750 out of 1750 yeah
mini ak47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #30
R3vengeance

R3vengeance's Gamercard
2 for 1 is available on mythic brawl? Thank you!
R3vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote