PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #31
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
This is going really well.

I appreciate you taking on such a big challenge to help people out. 5 star thread or me.
I agree 100% good job! Also I think you forgot he weapon challenge in the second mission. The one where you have to snipe 10 people without moving..... Wich is being a real pain ine the ass
Old 05-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #32
I3east Lig3r

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p3sfalL View Post
I agree 100% good job! Also I think you forgot he weapon challenge in the second mission. The one where you have to snipe 10 people without moving..... Wich is being a real pain ine the ass
Wouldn't be that hard, you have to unlock a sniper first. The 417 is an assault rifle not sniper. If you get Exacto ammo it makes the challenge even easier.

Credit to Dragonpwnr99 for the awesome sig & picture!
Quote:
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
~Publilius Syrus
I3east Lig3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #33
XcS Dead Deer

XcS Dead Deer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3east Lig3r View Post
Wouldn't be that hard, you have to unlock a sniper first. The 417 is an assault rifle not sniper. If you get Exacto ammo it makes the challenge even easier.
You do not. In the left hangar (either before or after you shoot down the plane), there is an area that has a sniper ( i believe to be a VSS). After you start the ambush by walking to the rally point at the plane, run back towards the tail of the plane and take cover back there. 10 kills are pretty easy that way
XcS Dead Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #34
I3east Lig3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcS Dead Deer View Post
You do not. In the left hangar (either before or after you shoot down the plane), there is an area that has a sniper ( i believe to be a VSS). After you start the ambush by walking to the rally point at the plane, run back towards the tail of the plane and take cover back there. 10 kills are pretty easy that way
Didn't know that was there. I'm sure that will help him though. Thanks for correcting me.

Quote:
~Publilius Syrus
Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #35
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
i'm having no luck on ember hunt, not matter what order i do them in the stupid guards at the very front of the building always spot one of the bodies, very annoying
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #36
I3east Lig3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
i'm having no luck on ember hunt, not matter what order i do them in the stupid guards at the very front of the building always spot one of the bodies, very annoying
Same, I decided I was going to enjoy this game rather than have it frustrate me so I moved on. It's the guy on the right side of the door.

Quote:
~Publilius Syrus
Old 05-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #37
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

as is the usual after a bunch of tries as soon as i publiccly complain about it i get it, it does seem really random though, i went in the same order each time but sometimes the guys up front would see the bodies, guess i just got lucky....or unlucky all the times before i did it
Old 05-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #38
I3east Lig3r

Quote:
as is the usual after a bunch of tries as soon as i publiccly complain about it i get it, it does seem really random though, i went in the same order each time but sometimes the guys up front would see the bodies, guess i just got lucky....or unlucky all the times before i did it
Congrats, the one time I would've had it... On the people to the right I accidentally had one of my men shoot the car which made it blow up, I was pissed.

Quote:
~Publilius Syrus
Old 05-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #39
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thanks for this... might go through some later

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #40
H0p3sfalL
Coconut Dracula

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Good tip! I'll give it a shot
Old 05-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #41
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Nice guide.
But, for Valiant Hammer #3 you should probably tell people to start with something other than the M110 since that is Pepper's weapon. Starting with the SRR or something is a better idea.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #42
Sarcasm

ragnarain's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, something similar happened to me.

My friends and I tried to get the Eliminate Russians Attacking Health Stealthily challenge for about an hour.

One of them got disconnected, so we had to restart the whole mission.
I was so fed up of doing it that I just said f**k it! We are doing this once, I do not care if we get detected.

We got it on our first try...However, I kill the guys on the right side of the house first. :S I think in the video he kills the left guys first. Not too sure.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #43
PowerPyx

Quote:
Yeah this challenge is a little weird indeeded. I see lots of comments below the video where people say that they have problems. For me it worked 2 out of 3 times that way. I guess I got lucky there.

All I can recommend is to copy exactly what I do in the vid.
  • Lay down between the car & wall on the left side of the area
  • Fire your weapon when the 3 dudes infront of the house are firing theirs
  • Shoot guy #4 when he crouches down
  • Use the weapon I used (Silenced ACR)... if you are using another - stronger weapon it's maybe the bullet that penetrates through the car behind guy #4 and alerts enemies
  • Make sure to give him a headshot so that his body falls backwards
  • Make sure that the penetrating bullet hits the car - I think if it flies through the cars windows (e.g. when you shoot while standing) it hits the wall behind you and alerts enemies
If anyone else has problems, please test it this way and if any of this helps leave a post so that I can figure out what the problem is.

If anyone has a completely different strategy (for this or any other mission) then please leave a post and I'll be happy to add it to the guide and give you proper credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
Nice guide.
But, for Valiant Hammer #3 you should probably tell people to start with something other than the M110 since that is Pepper's weapon. Starting with the SRR or something is a better idea.
Ah thanks man, you are right.
When I played singleplayer I never figured out the weapons of my AI teammates. Played through the campaign in co-op yesterday an I rememeber one of the AI teammates had the M110 indeed
I will fix that in a minute, thanks again.
PowerPyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #44
Exactorit

Exactor it's Gamercard
Excellent guide.

Quote:
2) Clear the Pitch: Eliminate all the mercs playing soccer without raising the alarm
Tactic: Take out the enemy in the tower and the one on the far left who is patrolling around some containers. Now move to the area where the first enemy in the watchtower was located. There should be 3 enemies patrolling. Give your teammates the command to eliminate them once the enemy on separated enemy on the right is behind some boxes (so that the soccer players cannot see the dead body). Then kill the two enmies that are standing next to each other (line them up for a double headshot or let your teammates do the job). Now you need to kill the 5 remaining enemies at once, with a silenced weapon. Mark 3 for your teammates and quickly kill 2 by yourself.
(3:10 - 5:29)
I discovered yesterday in a co-op game: You can just shoot the 4 guys playing football before the others hanging around if stealth isn't your thing. As long as the alarm isn't raised before all 4 are down you get credited for the challenge. Your way is better in the spirit of the mission but it's not actually needed to complete the challenge.
Exactorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #45
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
Yo, PowerPyx,
Dude, you ROCK! ...maybe even harder than KISS!
But sorry, nobody rocks harder than LITTLE-KISS!!!

Okay, seriously though... a million thanks for all your hard work.
I really appreciate you sharing all your invaluable help and direction.

If it weren't for your help, I'm sure I would've probably had a damn
stroke by now trying to figure out these infuriating challenges.

I just wanted to say thanks... so... THANKS! ...and CHEERS!

Whether you think you can or can't... you're right.
Splinter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #46
Sarcasm

ragnarain's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exactorit View Post
Excellent guide.

I discovered yesterday in a co-op game: You can just shoot the 4 guys playing football before the others hanging around if stealth isn't your thing. As long as the alarm isn't raised before all 4 are down you get credited for the challenge. Your way is better in the spirit of the mission but it's not actually needed to complete the challenge.
I am almost positive that this has already been posted.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #47
Sarcasm

ragnarain's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPyx View Post
Mission 9 - "Valiant Hammer" - Difficulty 3/5:

1) On Veteran difficulty, reach the observation point without alerting any enemies
Tactic: This also be done on Elite difficulty! After the mission starts you have to take out a bunch of enemies. Mark the first 4 (3 on a road and one in a hut) and kill them together with your teammates. Continue by taking out the 3 enemies on the right part of the map with a synched team kill. Now take out the last 3 enemies on the left side. After reaching the next waypoint you will encounter another, large group of enemies. Simply sneak around them until you reach the observation point and kill the enemies afterwards.
(0:32 - 3:55)
For the last are you have to clear out, I actually found that it was really easy to kill them all. I did it on my first attempt playing Solo on Elite.

I killed the two guys on my left close left first when they stopped close to one another, and they were both facing where I was entering from.

Then, I killed the three that were semi-clustered off to my right side.

Then I killed the last four that were by the house the same way that you did it in your video.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #48
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

i killed them all as well without even realising this was the part for the challange. they are spaced far enough where you can just drone mark them in groups of 3 and have your team take care of them
Old 05-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #49
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
Cool ADVICE: 15 Different Weapons

Quote:

3) Your squad must kill enemies with at least 15 different weapons
Tactic: Always check the weapons that are dropped by enemies! Pick them up if you didn't perform a kill with them already. When starting the mission I'd recommend to equip the VSS Sniper Rifle and P90 SMG, since these weapons won't appear anywhere during the mission and are good to take out the first couple enemies. Also check weapon boxes and switch your weapons after every kill.
(1:00 - 26:06)
Hey Guys,
I just finished this one (15 different weapons) and thought I'd share some things I noticed:
  1. Melee attacks will never count. Even if you get the knife-to-the-throat animation, and even though the knife is certainly a weapon.
  2. Under-barrel attachments will never count. I blew-up countless guys with the AK47's grenade launcher... just to be sure.
  3. None of the fixed guns placed throughout this mission will ever count. I tried 'em all.
So basically it HAS TO BE a kill with 1 of the 2 loadout weapons you (or your squad) carry to count towards the 15 total you need.

I followed PowerPyx's advice and started the Mission with the P90 but I haven't done the Sniper Weapon Challenge yet, so I used the old MSR Sniper Rifle instead.

My first engagement gave me 4 of 15 simply by doing a sync-shot with my squad... and by the time I reached the tank convoy, I had 14 of 15. And at that spot is a weapon box with a shotgun (which coincided nicely with the Weapon Challenge I still needed: 3 kills - 3 shots - 3 seconds).

Here's how it worked out for me.
The weapon kills that counted were from...
  1. P90 (SMG)
  2. squad kill
  3. squad kill
  4. squad kill
  5. MSR (Sniper)
  6. a dead enemy's RPK (LMG)
  7. Scorpion (SMG) - weapon box
  8. Mk48 (LMG) - weapon box
  9. a dead enemy's AN-94 (Assault)
  10. squad kill (while under fire they must have switched weapons?)
  11. squad kill
  12. a dead enemy's PKP (LMG)
  13. a dead enemy's PP19 (SMG)
  14. AK47 (Assault) - weapon box
  15. M1014 (Shotgun) - weapon box
I was surprised at how much easier this was than I expected it to be. Oh, and I was playing Single-Player (not co-op).

Hope that helps. Cheers

Last edited by Splinter4; 05-30-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #50
PowerPyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exactorit View Post
Excellent guide.
Mr Yac already posted this and I will see your post as a confirmation that it works.
I will add it to the written part of the guide as a quote and give both of you credit for this strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter4 View Post
Yo, PowerPyx,
Dude, you ROCK!
Haha, thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
For the last are you have to clear out, I actually found that it was really easy to kill them all. I did it on my first attempt playing Solo on Elite.

I killed the two guys on my left close left first when they stopped close to one another, and they were both facing where I was entering from.

Then, I killed the three that were semi-clustered off to my right side.

Then I killed the last four that were by the house the same way that you did it in your video.
Well, that's also a way to do it, but I think it's easier to follow the sneaky way where you actually don't have to kill any enemies. Otherwise I'm just afraid that people will mess it up and encounter problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter4 View Post
  1. P90 (SMG)
  2. squad kill
  3. squad kill
  4. squad kill
  5. MSR (Sniper)
  6. a dead enemy's RPK (LMG)
  7. Scorpion (SMG) - weapon box
  8. Mk48 (LMG) - weapon box
  9. a dead enemy's AN-94 (Assault)
  10. squad kill (while under fire they must have switched weapons?)
  11. squad kill
  12. a dead enemy's PKP (LMG)
  13. a dead enemy's PP19 (SMG)
  14. AK47 (Assault) - weapon box
  15. M1014 (Shotgun) - weapon box
That's a nice list you've got there! Thanks for your work, I will add it to the written part of the guide as a quote and give you proper credit in the "Special Thanks" section.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #51
exsiben

exosiben's Gamercard
Anyone else run into the issue where if you don't complete a mission it takes away the challenges you completed when you come back? I know it says you only need to make a checkpoint and I'm sure I have. I noticed this originally on an early mission and then more specifically on mission 8 - deep fire.

During my first sitting I completed Undetected and Roger Dodger, I play to the part just before the helipad when you hold out against all the enemies swarming around above from all sides. Surely there had to be a checkpoint after at least the Undetected challenge was completed. When I continued playing later that day neither of these challenges were checked.

Is there a certain way to ensure the game saves, I know I quit after an auto save, which I assumed were checkpoints. Any help, tips, advice would be appreciated.
exsiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #52
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsiben View Post
Anyone else run into the issue where if you don't complete a mission
it takes away the challenges you completed when you come back?
YES! And thanks for bringing this up.
I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one.

I start my 2nd playthrough, using this awesome
guide by PowerPyx of course, and I start with Mission 1 for
the 1st and 2nd Tac-Challenges. I get them both, get to the
next check-point, and quit. I'm about to start Mission 2,
but first I decide to go back and make sure they saved...
but they didn't. What the hell?

So, I go back and do it again, but this time I play the Mission
all the way to the end. And lo and behold, they saved.

So with that in mind, I've been making sure to re-play each
of these Missions all the way to the end. That seems to be
working fine, and all the Tac-Challenges have been saving.

Cheers

Old 05-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #53
XcS Dead Deer

XcS Dead Deer's Gamercard
To the guy who created the list: I'd take a sniper not named MSR or MK110 (i believe that's the one the teammates carry). The MSR you can find in countless weapon boxes. But that's a great list!
XcS Dead Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #54
Exactorit

Exactor it's Gamercard
Quote:
Mr Yac already posted this and I will see your post as a confirmation that it works.
I will add it to the written part of the guide as a quote and give both of you credit for this strategy.
Completely missed Mr Yac's post: whoops. Feel free to remove the credits you kindly gave. What I posted isn't really deserving of credits as it already been posted. Keep that spot for someone who actually adds something original.
Exactorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #55
cdawgoku

Cdawgoku's Gamercard
read about half the responses but, On Valiant Hammer? You can use a grenade to get one of the 15 kills too. Was stuck on 14 and running out of time and needed to break up a group of baddies so I tossed it and got it.
cdawgoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #56
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
Cool

Quote:
To the guy who created the list: I'd take a sniper not named MSR
or MK110 (i believe that's the one the teammates carry). The MSR
you can find in countless weapon boxes. But that's a great list!
Thanks man. Glad it helped. And thanks to PowerPyx for giving me Credit.
And just to clarify, that list I made was sequential, and was updated
after each confirmed kill (by checking the Challenges List). And I only
made the list to keep track of which weapons I had used so I wouldn't
double up.

But you're right, I picked the one sniper rifle that was available at every
weapons box I found (MSR). Dohhh. So I shoulda picked something
different (and other than the MK110).

So this means that it's actually possible to get all 15 long before you
reach that Tank Convoy checkpoint. Wow.

Cheers

Old 05-31-2012, 04:49 AM   #57
unscarred76

unscarred76's Gamercard
nice, gives me an idea of what i need to do
unscarred76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #58
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Quote:

3) Innovative Diversity: Your squad must kill enemies with at least 15 different weapons
Tactic: Always check the weapons that are dropped by enemies! Pick them up if you didn't perform a kill with them already. When starting the mission I'd recommend to equip the VSS Sniper Rifle and P90 SMG, since these weapons won't appear anywhere during the mission and are good to take out the first couple enemies. Also check weapon boxes and switch your weapons after every kill.
not that this one is all that hard, but just to let you guys know grenades do count towards it. so you can frag and incendiary for those last 2 kills if you're having trouble
Old 06-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #59
PowerPyx

Nice, thanks

I see cdawgoku posted it a couple of posts ago, but thanks for your confirmation! I'll add it in a minute.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #60
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

all done, thanks for the helpful tips for some of the tougher ones