PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > RPG > Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements for the game collection in this thread. Discuss the specific games in each of the sub forums.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Megaseven

Much like the other compilation released on the same day... I'm kind of annoyed at the lack of 400 points.

I was so excited to learn the point total would be going up that I failed to realize that without it being a necessity, a lot of companies apparently won't care enough to go above the mandatory 12 cheevs for 200 points.

At least these games are surprisingly cheap. May just pick them up because of that.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
Tremoctopus

Tremoctopus's Gamercard
I remember playing World ages ago. Are the collectible achievements for all the games missable? I know I've got multiple saves but it'd be nice to only have to worry about keeping a save before the finale.
Tremoctopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Cla55y

Bond OO7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Silver   GSL 11 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremoctopus View Post
I remember playing World ages ago. Are the collectible achievements for all the games missable? I know I've got multiple saves but it'd be nice to only have to worry about keeping a save before the finale.
Yes they are missable. Monster World isn't too bad because you can backtrack everywhere.

Monster World IV however is VERY missable. once you leave a section you don't come back (except the town hub area) and there are points of no return within each area as well. 150 Life Drops and you can't miss 1....

Monster Land you just need you to have enough money to buy all the legendary equipment. Which if you use the tricks that the in-game manual tells you to maximise gold you can get very early on. Also the "Gold in the Clouds" achievement is missable. You need to have wing boots on at the time you enter the clouds, and have them long enough to get to the end where the last out of reach cloud is.

All in all everything is technically missable. You COULD go though all 3 games and only get 45g for beating all 3. (although even that achievement seems touchy. I've beaten all 3 and my achievement didn't unlock )
Old 05-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
Tremoctopus

Tremoctopus's Gamercard
Missing that 45g must be frustrating. I think most everyone here has a game with a glitch keeping them from 100% completion sadly.

So I started with IV and I'm fairly confident I've gotten every drop so far but I'm saving like crazy. How long do each of the games last? If it's reasonable I'd go through IV again for the drops.
Tremoctopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #6
Cla55y

Bond OO7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Silver   GSL 11 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremoctopus View Post
Missing that 45g must be frustrating. I think most everyone here has a game with a glitch keeping them from 100% completion sadly.

So I started with IV and I'm fairly confident I've gotten every drop so far but I'm saving like crazy. How long do each of the games last? If it's reasonable I'd go through IV again for the drops.
It depends, I had never played them before and it seemed my first playthrough of each was pretty long. but then re did WB Monster World and Monster Land (trying to get that last achievement) , and they were much faster. 1-2hrs for Land and about 3 1/2-4 for World. So it really depends on whether your new to them.

I did end up getting my achievement, Just make sure you finish Monster Land with 0 continues. (I think that was the issue) HERE'S my thread for full details

As for life drops follow THIS as a guideline for how many you should be at at each location swap. couple it with a few guides around the internet and you can easily get them all.

Contemplating writing up an achievement guide for it but don't know if I want to write a guide for all 150 life drops to go with it.....