PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements for the game collection in this thread. Discuss the specific games in each of the sub forums.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
Atariboy

LeoAmes17's Gamercard
Super Hang-On's achievements are stupidly easy.

Even the toughest one (Which isn't very hard I have to add), which is to win a race, is ruined since abusing the save state system is allowed.

With 400 achievement points available to use and up to 30 achievements available, there's no excuse for these Sega compilations to not feature something resembling a full slate of achievements for each game.

Could've had 8 achievements for 100 points for each game for a nice even spread of 24 achievements and 300 points. And the 25th achievement could've been a 100 point achievement for finishing Revenge of Shinobi, all 4 courses of Super Hang-On, and Alex Kidd in Miracle World on default difficulties.

Instead the achievements very clearly were an afterthought with very little care invested in them.

Last edited by Atariboy; 05-24-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Atariboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Super Hang On...how do you get the "listen to 4 songs" achievement? I listened to the ones in the jukebox and nothing happened.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Atariboy

LeoAmes17's Gamercard
Run 4 races and select a different song each time. You don't need to reach the end goal to have it count if you run out of time.

Seen someone else say at this forum that you can just back out after the race starts and it counts.

This is something special though. I would hope people aren't so blindsighted about collecting some easy achievements that they don't stop and try to enjoy this game. It's something Sega fans have wanted an arcade perfect conversion of for a quarter of a century. It's worth spending more than 20 minutes with.

Running four races and listening to each song should hardly be a chore and or something necesitating asking for advice for shortcuts. I would hope people will end up playing each track many more times than that until they at the very least reach the goal on each of the 4 routes.

Last edited by Atariboy; 05-25-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Atariboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
grooselog

grooselog's Gamercard
Oh I was dreading trying to get the achievements for this collection, especially when I saw the ones for completing revenge of shinobi and alex kidd. Finally games like these i could never complete as a kid, but thanks to hard storage and the ability to save I have finally completed two classics.

I also want to thank the people for the tips and tricks, helped me out massively.
grooselog is offline   Reply With Quote