PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
RENT A KILL

rent a kill 14's Gamercard
Angry good game spoiled

is anyone else upset by the amount of repeated levels in this game I am at the start for the third time now and the only things that have changed are the enemies are in different spots and up untill now this was a fun game but now it is just boring
RENT A KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
LETtheFLAMESbegin

Send a message via Skype™ to LETtheFLAMESbegin

CaptainK28's Gamercard
Yes this can be seen as mundane and repeatative although I ended up taking breaks after each third act so it resulted in me loving it just a bit more compared to those who have gone full pelt through the game. If you look at this problem more from the story side of it and not the actual game playing side of things, then you'll find it's actually quite fitting.

Managing Editor to http://www.Zero1Gaming.com
Game Reviews and Articles can be found at http://www.kirstysays.tumblr.com

6 Completed Retail Games.
1 Completed Arcade Game.

LETtheFLAMESbegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
pedgz

pedgz's Gamercard
^ what he said. the narrative has always been the strong, driving force behind the game (as well as the first one) that it really justifies and explains how the supernatural elements in the series work. i just hope we don't see the last of mr. scracth, though.
pedgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:26 AM   #4
Armed Madman

After the first loop, I thought the game was over(shot but enjoyable). Then you start over again, mentioning a "loop" so you prepare yourself for another one(after your current one). By the time I beat the game I'm glad it was over.

The game overloaded you with weapons, ammo & batteries. There was no tension when you got in a fight. In Alan Wake if you wasted your resources you had to run or make due with what you had. I wish they had transferred that combat system.
Armed Madman is offline   Reply With Quote