PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Fully Avenged

fully avenged's Gamercard
Is the DLC worth getting?

Long time since I posted on 360A, but I'm a long time user and I figured you guys could help me out here.

I have enough MSP knocking about that I could buy both Teeth of Naros and Legend of Kel if I felt like it, but I'm also quite tempted by the look of Super Meat Boy at the moment.

I love this game, I'm about 30 hours in and I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface. I thoroughly intend to get 1000G and so I think the DLC would be enjoyable for me. However having looked over other sites such as Metacritic, I've noticed varying opinions.

What do you guys think? Which one is worth the purchase, are they both worth it, or should I leave them altogether?

Thanks for your opinions, all.

Fully Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
They're both very good in quality and in length, definately worth the money for how much content you get compared to other DLC. If you do all of the sidequests and exploring in each of them you can probably get about six or so hours of gametime out of each DLC pack. Lots of new enemies, weapons and areas to explore. If you have alot to go in the original game though you may want to hold off for a deal of the week, but you never know when that will come. If I had to guess I'd say they'll go on sale towards the holiday season but who knows. The other school of thought is that you might want to do the add-ons first and use the good loot you find in them through your main playthrough because once you finish all the achievements you probably won't go back for more.

Either way they're both a safe investment as far as DLC is concerned and worth the value. I hate to say this but I wouldn't regret buying these if I had paid 1200MSP for them instead of the 800MSP they cost. I think the only people who would say anything negative about the DLC is someone who didn't like the game to begin with.

TL/DR: Ya, they is good and worf tha munny.
WalterWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
The question is now; since 38 Studios is dead, will the DLC still be around in a week or so?
100% RPG's: 40 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
The question is now; since 38 Studios is dead, will the DLC still be around in a week or so?

Of course it will be,its EA the publisher and doesnt like to lose money.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's not going anywhere.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Fully Avenged

fully avenged's Gamercard
One thing I am questioning now though; in lieu of 38 Studios and Big Huge Games disappearing, will this DLC possibly go on sale in an attempt to recover as much money as possible for everything disappears for good?

I'm hoping so. If they drop to 400 each this will be an instant purchase for me.

I've still got a lot to do in this game (haven't finished any major questline except for the House of Ballads yet) so I may wait this one out.

Thanks for everyone's opinions thus far. Keep 'em coming!

Fully Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Avenged View Post
One thing I am questioning now though; in lieu of 38 Studios and Big Huge Games disappearing, will this DLC possibly go on sale in an attempt to recover as much money as possible for everything disappears for good?
Totally possible. They'd probably make more with a sale right now to increase interest. Even if they sold a million of these at half price, which is completely unrealistic, it wouldn't even put a dent in what they owe. These boys gonna needs a bailout bigger than an online garage sale.
WalterWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
ryang1980

I just started the downloads for both DLC... Hopefully they are worth the price
ryang1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #9
TimeLord2222

TimeLord2222's Gamercard
The DLC is worth it in my opinion. They offer decent gear and for those looking to max out all skills the Dead Kel DLC has two master trainers. Just be aware there are some minor bugs that might frustrate you.
TimeLord2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Frogmaster75

Send a message via ICQ to Frogmaster75

Thanatos75's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2222 View Post
The DLC is worth it in my opinion. They offer decent gear and for those looking to max out all skills the Dead Kel DLC has two master trainers. Just be aware there are some minor bugs that might frustrate you.
Can you tell a little bit more about the minor bugs?
Frogmaster75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #11
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
This thread convinced me to buy the DLC when I get my points for Christmas. Thank you!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #12
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've yet to purchase the DLC since I bought the game back in July. Given that it adds decent gear and stuff, I'll definitely purchase them whenever I have points to burn

All random friend requests on Live will be declined. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I'll gladly accept Steam FRs, however.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Yes, the dlc is totally worth getting. Both of them add tons of new quests, gear, and both take probably 5-6 hours if you take your time and do everything the DLC has to offer. I also would not bother to wait until it goes on sale again as it was imo more then worth 800 points.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #14
KazuYa ll

KazuYa ll's Gamercard
KazuYa ll

I try the new DLC's tonight hope its worth it
KazuYa ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 AM   #15
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
I had just bought these two DLC packs as well as the dragon age II ones, and after each DA2 DLC only lasted an hour, I was very happy to enjoy a lot of content in amalur.

Only complaints is for dead kel, the bottles were a pain to keep track of since they don't show up on the map, and the boosting 50 kills was pretty tedious in that DLC. Teeth of Neros was very good in my opinion. Interesting story, plenty to do, and a very unique Zelda like dungeon that offered unique gear for solving it.

I was impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #16
Natalee

I really enjoyed the game, so much so that it is one of my top 5 favorites. That being said, I really enjoyed both DLC's (Teeth of Naros and The Legend of Dead Kel). I thought they were both original and fun to play. They both introduced new ideas to the game, and I personally didn't feel like they were repetitive. I would recommend both DLC's to anyone who enjoyed the game. You would really miss out if you only got one and not the other.
Natalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #17
C64

Nucl3arWint3rGB's Gamercard
Dead Kel is absolutely worth the money. I'm sure Teeth with be awesome as well.
C64 is offline   Reply With Quote