PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Official Bitching Thread

I just want to start off by saying as a long time Ghost Recon fan, I am extremely disappointed with this game:

1.) No lobbies for campaign or guerrilla mode
2.) Having to restart checkpoints if an alarm is triggered. (I am playing the game in 4 player co-op and have a friend that never listens nor pays attention and jumps the gun every single time.)
3.) The putrid MP - the hit detection is just piss poor.
4.) The camping in MP is just over the top. I thought SnD was a camp fest, HA - the camping in this game is off the chart. (I know this doesnt necessarily fall back on the game itself, but the devs should realize that putting certain things in MP will result in high amounts of camping).
5.) People not even trying to play the game in MP - I have played in at least 15 matches where at least 1-2 people from the other team go 0-0 with 20 assists because they flew the drone around all game. How is that even fun?? Boggles my mind
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hooter View Post
1.) No lobbies for campaign or guerrilla mode
Agreed.
Quote:
2.) Having to restart checkpoints if an alarm is triggered. (I am playing the game in 4 player co-op and have a friend that never listens nor pays attention and jumps the gun every single time.)
Thats your friends fault, not the games in any way. Moan about your friend, not the game xD
Quote:
3.) The putrid MP - the hit detection is just piss poor.
The servers are having huge issues with connecting region selective players. If the hit detection is of, jump out of the game and join another one.
Quote:
4.) The camping in MP is just over the top.
Every game results in camping. This came is intended for camping. Which is why you have the tools to battle it. The best one of all, Hacking. Not only does it show where all the enemies are, but something that many don't realise, is it also forces them to spawn back at their home base. Otherwise, EMP, Smoke, Sensors, the game gives plenty of options.
Quote:
5.) People not even trying to play the game in MP - I have played in at least 15 matches where at least 1-2 people from the other team go 0-0 with 20 assists because they flew the drone around all game. How is that even fun?? Boggles my mind
Yea, they suck >.>

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
Every game results in camping. This came is intended for camping. Which is why you have the tools to battle it. The best one of all, Hacking. Not only does it show where all the enemies are, but something that many don't realise, is it also forces them to spawn back at their home base. Otherwise, EMP, Smoke, Sensors, the game gives plenty of options. >.>
I agree with this. You do have all of the tools to combat it and if you're getting wrecked by the other team because you don't know where they are, your team isn't playing the game right. There definately are people who camp and are just playing for kills but they're the ones playing the game wrong, and when that happens I just switch to Engineer and play the UAV until the tide turns and they're forced out. Really, there should be one person on a team who is running UAV the entire match. The word camping needs to be redefined a bit for this game. Kill camping is one thing because it doesn't help the team. It actually doesn't help the person doing it either if leveling up is what they have in mind. Simple numbers: 75-150 points for killing an enemy and 500 points for reviving a downed teammate. The rewards for other team actions are just as high if not better from there.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Markbush

TOC xDarknessx's Gamercard
Number one thing I have to complain about is the people in this game have to be the stupidest people I have ever played with, it's like they have never played a shooter or something. Like when objectives are getting taken nobody pays attention to it aside from me it seems. When I am data hacking they will shoot the person I am huddled over before I finish or if I am getting hacked they will just let the guy do it and act like they never saw him. One more thing is the friendly fire with their grenades, no matter how much teammates they kill with them they just keep chucking them towards friendly crowded areas hoping for a kill.

(ME) (TEAMMATES)

The list just goes on...

Markbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have 2 complaints.

1. The no matchmaking for Co-op Modes.

2. COD Cunts who dont play properly. However im usually against them got a 28 kill streak early just chasing them all down and going to the objectives :P

Overall i love this game. Fantastic MP and SP. Best shooter along with bf.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
It doesn't even come close to being good like Battlefield...

It's seriously one of the worst Multiplayers I have ever seen...
Old 05-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
Sarcasm

ragnarain's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweptbackFlame View Post

Why? Because there are no tanks or jets?
Old 05-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
here's my big complaint, what the hell is the point of being a scout if every damn thing can detect me weather i'm invisible or not....
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
SweptbackFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
Why? Because there are no tanks or jets?
No... The Hit detection in this game is absolutely awful, probably some of the worst.

Not to mention the amount of retards who play this game, 80% of the players go for kills instead of actually helping the team with the objectives (Yeah you gotta kill to get the objective). Put please after you kill someone for the love of god help the team afterwards.

Last edited by SweptbackFlame; 05-27-2012 at 10:17 PM.
SweptbackFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #10
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
No... The Hit detection in this game is absolutely awful, probably some of the worst.

Not to mention the amount of retards who play this game, 80% of the players go for kills instead of actually helping the team with the objectives (Yeah you gotta kill to get the objective). Put please after you kill someone for the love of god help the team afterwards.
I only ever have a problem with the detectoin in laggy games, otherwise its perfect for me.

And you can't blame the game for stupid people

First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Old 05-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #11
xTGMx INF3RNO

Quote:

I think its as good as or maybe even better MP if you have a good team. I cant decide whats better out of bf3 or this. Obv they are completely different.

Riflemen and engineer are fine but scouts hit detection was shit. It seems alot better today i went 30-9 in a match as scout and got 3 objectives.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #12
Sarcasm

ragnarain's Gamercard
Quote:

Well, I play with a guy who uses a UAV throughout the entire match so I know what it is like to play with idiots. I will literally scream at him until my head hurts and he will still use a UAV. I find the hit detection is fine if you are in a match that is not laggy. :S
Old 05-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #13
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
My biggest online "Tick" are allies who kill the enemy, as I'm hacking them. Absolute idiots.

That, and spawn campers. I played a game before where my team was spawn camping, told them they're all losers and left...it doesn't help anyone to spawn camp >.>

Old 05-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
xTGMx INF3RNO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
My biggest online "Tick" are allies who kill the enemy, as I'm hacking them. Absolute idiots.
OMG these fucking idiots. Clearly cod players.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
I can't count the amount of times the killcam has shown the enemy shooting where I used to be.

But still, I think the multiplayer is really fun. I don't have many problems with it. I just think a few weapons and equipment need to be adjusted. MP7 is a bit too good, same with that one shotgun I forget the name of. The stun gun should lose some range. I'm a little annoyed by it overall, holding me to the ground, getting me hacked, then killed all with one shot.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #16
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
I can't count the amount of times the killcam has shown the enemy shooting where I used to be.
Thats because the kill cam shows you where you think you were. The client hosting it, however, obviously thought you were where-ever the enemy shot you.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #17
DEG23
Второй акт

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I have only played the SP so far but my only complaint is the sync shot. It's annoying when i have 1 or 2 squad mates line up their shot and they say "fire when ready." I fire, the enemy goes down, a second later it tells me "dead body found" then my squad mates fire.

I've fixed this so that now only my 3 squad mates fire but i would like to be able to take some people down myself

Overall, this doesn't feel like a traditional GR game, but i am liking it, the characters in the squad have more personality and story to them, compared to previous GR games
Old 05-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
Tha Mantis

Tha Mantis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I have only played the SP so far but my only complaint is the sync shot. It's annoying when i have 1 or 2 squad mates line up their shot and they say "fire when ready." I fire, the enemy goes down, a second later it tells me "dead body found" then my squad mates fire.

I've fixed this so that now only my 3 squad mates fire but i would like to be able to take some people down myself

Overall, this doesn't feel like a traditional GR game, but i am liking it, the characters in the squad have more personality and story to them, compared to previous GR games
You need to also mark the target that your going to be shooting, that way all three or four squad mates will fire at the same time.

Tha Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #19
XFistsClenchedX

XFistsClenchedX's Gamercard
The assault rifles are overpowered. It seems like every round they fire is a headshot/instant kill. Same with the Vector.

XFistsClenchedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #20
DEG23
Второй акт

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Mantis View Post
You need to also mark the target that your going to be shooting, that way all three or four squad mates will fire at the same time.
Ahh, that's what i've been doing wrong. I've been tagging 3, then shooting the fourth. Cheers for clearing that up
Old 05-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #21
Tha Mantis

Tha Mantis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Ahh, that's what i've been doing wrong. I've been tagging 3, then shooting the fourth. Cheers for clearing that up
No problem, also if after you have marked all 4 targets and you cant really get to the 4th target or don't feel like moving, just target another one and that team mate will switch targets.

Last edited by Tha Mantis; 05-28-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Tha Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #22
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
I really liked the single player, graphics could've been a tad sharper, and cutscenes were horrible. Given the writing during the cutscenes was intended to show depth in the characters, this was a missed chance.

MP is rough mainly due to the region issues, the game really needs a region specific patch thingy. Campers arent really an issue with the massive amounts of cover and alternate routes in the maps. It looks like they knew people would camp and I've yet to find a single choke point, outside of spawn exits.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #23
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chach7171 View Post
[...]It looks like they knew people would camp[...]
It is designed for camping, which I think makes it better than most other shooters. When there are campers in CoD, for example, there is nothing you can do about it. In this game, because it is designed for it, they give us all the tools to combat it. EMPs, UAVs, Sensors, and my personal favourite, hacking.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #24
xTGMx INF3RNO

I like how no matter what you cant spawn rape. The game changes spawns if you team is getting shit on. Great idea especially if your team in full of retards.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #25
xTGMx INF3RNO

Fuck this MP. Just cant Enjoy it noone can play it. Just had a match i went to the objective all on my own caught it and my whole team were the other side of the map.. So of course i died and they caught it with 40 seconds left.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #26
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
Fuck this MP. Just cant Enjoy it noone can play it. Just had a match i went to the objective all on my own caught it and my whole team were the other side of the map.. So of course i died and they caught it with 40 seconds left.
Playing with randoms has and always will suck except on a rare occasion, Use the Team/Squad thread and find some cool people to party up with
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
xTGMx INF3RNO

Ive played with a few from the site and we raped. Need to be online at the same time.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #28
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Oh i know i was saying i didn't mind it, didn't word it too well my fault lol.

On another note i've played every game type and for some reason saboteur seems to give me the best lag free experience. The other modes seem to lag alot or host migrate a ton, or my favorite...freezing my xbox. God i hate that!
Old 05-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #29
SweptbackFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
EVERY FUCKING GAME! Seriously why did I buy this piece of shit game... I want GRAW 3 Instead of this shit...

Why there isn't a TDM gametype in this game is beyond me... I mean it's all my fucking team does whenever I play this game, it's beginning to be a huge problem for me... and it's absolutely ruining the gameplay of what your supposed to do...
Old 05-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #30
DEG23
Второй акт

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

This isn't a major problem but why is it that an enemy can see me if i get too close to them cloaked, yet all three of my team mates can be formed in a circle at their feet and the enemy is none the wiser. There was one corridor on the drilling ship where an enemy kept walking into Pepper and had no idea.