PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Sir_Lumbo

Sir Lumbo's Gamercard
Boosting method for AWP?

Hi guys,

Haven't touched this game in a while. Is it now possible to effectively boost AWP?

How many players are required to start a race?
Are the lobbies still busy?
Is it difficult to find someone else?

Just wondering what people's thoughts is on the best way to tackle this acheivement!

Thanks
Lumbo

Gamerscore:
102,170 / 110,490
92.5%

Looking to Boost On:
GTA 4

Most Proud Of Completions:
Ninja Gaiden 2, Earthworm Jim, Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter II HF, Metal Gear Revengeance & HD Collection, Infinite Undiscovery

"All must bow and grovel at my feet, for I represent power you cannot dream of"
If only the great and bountiful General M. Bison had quotes as munificent as himself.
Sir_Lumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Jonesin

SMOK1NGJONES's Gamercard
I have no idea but I think now is the time to start givin it a go! I think thats what I'll do if I keep havin time off from work!
Jonesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Jonesin

SMOK1NGJONES's Gamercard
Oh but I'm pretty sure you only need 2 people to start a race. cheers
Jonesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
It easier to boost this, but still not easy.
Race lobbies are still annoyingly busy so you'll need to hijack lobbies. I'm actually doing this now, and I'll be lucky to get in a race with mainly low rankers.

It can be irritating to find someone else sumtimes. If you land in a lobby, back out to search a new one, you'll only go back to the same one. Unless the game starts.

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR

Last edited by Optomistic; 07-03-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Add to
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Its Fooga
Banned User

Fooga's Gamercard
I've found that 5am-11am EST time is a pretty effective time to boost this. However, it's pretty unconventional for most people, so it's tough to find stable partners.
Its Fooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Just need to keep trying with your boosting partners. I've been going with a guy and we try random times when we are both on. We've hit some and missed some. Just depends on sheer luck and number of people on.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
BKBLAZER

BKBLAZER's Gamercard
I waited for a full lobby race to start and then back out immediately. A lot of times I would then be the host and tell my friend to search. I'ld pick the track I needed and 1 lap. It was all about being lucky and fast to ready up. I spent more time getting into the game then actually racing.
BKBLAZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Back when I boosted this achievement I tended to boost the regular races with a group of 5-7 people from around 11 PM EST to 6 AM EST. This gives you a good chance of taking over lobbies, and once your party gets a lobby to yourself you can let unneeded players leave the race with the winner and one other person and then the rest of the group can try to start a game on their own.

Thankfully GTA Races can be boosted pretty easily with just two people since they're much less active than regular races.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
SHMEEDIDDY

SHMEEDIDDY's Gamercard
Ill help boost? I need that An wanted, Im at Lvl 9, so that can wait, I want AWP Ach. Hit me up send me a Msg first Here or GT - SHMEEDIDDY
SHMEEDIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
Dar280885

TangerineGamer's Gamercard
Just finished the races (and GTA races) for AWP, it was a pain but honestly it is probably easier to do it on your own than getting frustrated not getting into the same lobby as a friend or not having enough to to get it all set up.

But be smarter than me and when you do get to be host start doing the Canonball Runs/Free Races first then go to helicopter and boats, as you are less likely to have these come up naturally.

Be prepared to see a LOT of people playing Taxiing, Drag Kings and Stars in Your Eyes ...... it's all people seem to play but it does mean that you should win one and maybe not take too much damage for the Join The Midnight Club achievement.

As bblcreator says, you can get the GTA races easily with one other person as not many people go in them.

I also found that it is easier at certain times of the day, I'm in the UK and got most of my races done after 5pm weekdays but before 7pm (a lot of Americans seem to pop up then and lobbys get full fast)

Or on weekends best around morning/midday, I have noticed lower ranks on at those times for me ...... don't be fooled by a low rank though, like I say I have now done all the races and can hold my own quite well on all tracks so if I don't win I would be either 2nd or 3rd, and I am only rank 4 with about 130k so don't assume they will be bad.

I know I've gone on a bit but I think it's all good advice, hope it helps someone if not the OP

Send FR and a message

GT: TangerineGamer

The Premier League was better in Tangerine
Dar280885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #11
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
OK I've finished up on some successful race boosting and here's the advice I can give you.

- Have a party of three. Any less and it's hard to hijack. Anymore and the process becomes too long.

- Set your preferences to Autoaim: Disallow, Police: On, Friendly fire: On. Not sure if this helps, but it seemed to make a difference to our group in having smaller lobbies.

- BE RUTHLESS. Understand how to HIJACK a lobby. Have everyone boot until only your party remains. If however the lobby is too big simply wait until it the countdown to begin reaches 1, then back out immediatly to a new race lobby and begin the boot process.

Be aware that if you are in one lobby and your party is in another, you cannot simply back out into a new lobby and hope to land in the same. (unless it's especially busy) Just start the race and exit as soon as possible.

If 2 of your members can secure a lobby by themselves, it's better to start straight away or you risk having too many randoms join.

If the lobbies are too busy, you can try to sabotage the race and force other people out. Most people will drop out of the race if htey don't think they'll win it.

And lastly, a race MUST have 2 or more people at the end, for it to count towards the achievement

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote