PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City > Harley Quinn's Revenge
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Drky
 
Drky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 18

Duke Grizzly's Gamercard
So Robin in free roam?

With the upcoming DLC "Harley Quinn's Revenge" it appears we will be playing in Arkham City, instead of a challenge map. Does this mean that we will be able to use Robin in free roam?
__________________
Drky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
Silentfire89
 
Silentfire89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Posts: 121

SatchualHealing's Gamercard
Sadly not:

"UPDATE: Warner Bros. has confirmed that Harley Quinn's Revenge will cost 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. Also, Robin won't be able to roam the entirety of Arkham City -- just this mission and his previously released challenge maps."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/1..._medium=social
Silentfire89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Purge
anime is 4 nerdz
 
Purge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 4,455
Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentfire89 View Post
Sadly not:

"UPDATE: Warner Bros. has confirmed that Harley Quinn's Revenge will cost 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. Also, Robin won't be able to roam the entirety of Arkham City -- just this mission and his previously released challenge maps."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/1..._medium=social
Damn, that's kinda lame.
__________________
Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
jswartz0181
 
jswartz0181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa City IA
Posts: 1,138
Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentfire89 View Post
Sadly not:

"UPDATE: Warner Bros. has confirmed that Harley Quinn's Revenge will cost 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. Also, Robin won't be able to roam the entirety of Arkham City -- just this mission and his previously released challenge maps."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/1..._medium=social
Well that REALLY sucks! I was planning on getting this when it came out (or soon thereafter), but if that's the case, it just took a massive step down my DLC priority list. On the bright side though, that means I can possibly get it when it's on sale at some point. :P
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
andy888101
 
andy888101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 129

Andy888101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I wish you could play as him and nightwing too.
__________________
101
andy888101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
Scrummy64
 
Scrummy64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 196

Scrummy64's Gamercard
I think giving Robin free-roam probably would have been a pointless idea for this DLC; the only reason Catwoman was given free-roam was due to her having her own exclusive free-roam content, i.e. the pink Riddler trophies and the mission where she has to retrieve her stolen goods from Two-Face's henchmen.
In order to make Robin's free-roam worthwhile, they would have to add in even more Riddler trophies, which of course would be incredibly difficult because both Batman's and Catwoman's trophies had already been programmed into the map before release, or they'd have to add in something equally worthwhile; otherwise, it would just come off as a gimmick that would serve little purpose other than about half an hour of fun.
__________________
Scrummy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
Almsivi
 
Almsivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 295
Send a message via MSN to Almsivi

ArmedWithDanger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentfire89 View Post
Sadly not:

"UPDATE: Warner Bros. has confirmed that Harley Quinn's Revenge will cost 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. Also, Robin won't be able to roam the entirety of Arkham City -- just this mission and his previously released challenge maps."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/1..._medium=social
Damn, would have been neat, although, I suppose you can't get everything you want
Almsivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Axel 360
 
Axel 360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canary Islands, Spain
Posts: 769

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
I honestly think this was something that happens because of lazy developers. If they allow free roaming, they will have to create new animations for Robin, instead of that, they use what there is already in the game and is less work.

Such a mayor deception, and Nightwing is still challenges exclusive, something that sucks hard times. Hes the first Robin!! At this point hes a mayor DC character and should be treated as such.
__________________
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
Tonic24k
 
Tonic24k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 592

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
I honestly think this was something that happens because of lazy developers. If they allow free roaming, they will have to create new animations for Robin, instead of that, they use what there is already in the game and is less work.

Such a mayor deception, and Nightwing is still challenges exclusive, something that sucks hard times. Hes the first Robin!! At this point hes a mayor DC character and should be treated as such.
If they were lazy developers the game wouldn't have gotten game of the year. And what do you think they did with the Challenge maps?... Each character had their own style, gadgets, and moves. They created all that new animation just for that. Use your brain, dude. These developers have more work ethic than all other developers combined. This is Metal Gear caliber development. Your logic is severely flawed.
__________________
Tonic24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #10
iceman87gt
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 86

Iceman87GT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
I honestly think this was something that happens because of lazy developers. If they allow free roaming, they will have to create new animations for Robin, instead of that, they use what there is already in the game and is less work.

Such a mayor deception, and Nightwing is still challenges exclusive, something that sucks hard times. Hes the first Robin!! At this point hes a mayor DC character and should be treated as such.
Biggest thing in the way of making Nightwing and Robin Free Roam characters would be their mode of travel. Way too much work would go into a mode that would serve little purpose. It's a few weeks after the events of the game, I don't think its a stretch to say the only reason Joker's Carnival still exists is because it was the last camp to fall and thus was still putting up a fight when the GCPD would have moved in to start fixing the situation. I think it's safe to say there are no longer thugs in the streets, and that most of the City is under police control, there would be no point, the Riddler is defeated (even if you never finished that section in your particular game, in the game's timeline he has been defeated), so the trophies would be strictly for collecting.

In terms of the game it doesn't make much sense especially when you consider the amount of work it would require to make it possible.

I don't know if it is just your English (I know it is not your first language), but there is nothing deceptive about this information. They never said Robin would be free roam, they never hinted at him being able to free roam.
iceman87gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #11
Iceskater101
 
Iceskater101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,405

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
aww that's kinda disappointing.
Well whatever I still want to buy this!
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Utako
 
Utako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 393

Le Benjo's Gamercard
Question

so this dlc just adds a new chapter to the campaign ?
no new challenge map for those who already bought all DLCs ?
__________________
Utako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,075

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utako View Post
so this dlc just adds a new chapter to the campaign ?
no new challenge map for those who already bought all DLCs ?
Nope that's it, just a new chapter with Batman & Robin.
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #14
Utako
 
Utako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 393

Le Benjo's Gamercard
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Nope that's it, just a new chapter with Batman & Robin.
Thanks,
too expensive i'll wait for a discount
__________________
Utako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Croc 494
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 124

croc 494's Gamercard
(Does anyone else think that once you have completed this DLC you should be able to switch to Robin in story mode like you can with Catwoman?)

I can see this is a yes.

I personally think that would be great, I thought The boy wonder was really good to fight with and the DLC was so small. Just to switch and mess around with him for half an hour in Arkham proper would be great.

I understand some people think it would be bad because he has nothing in the story to do but this game is like red dead, you can just play it and do nothing and its fun.
Just flying around and beating thugs up would be good enough for me I like his moves and gadgets, and going to visit Bane and Calendar man and Penquin ect would be good because they would have some unique dialogue.

Then another small DLC like that with Nightwing instead of Robin with the same result so you could eventually use all the characters they have already made for the Riddler's Revenge in the game, for those of us who aren't very good at that sort of thing.

Also Harley was friking awesome in this DLC why the hell wasn't she like this anyway? and don't say "because the joker died" He would have loved her even more if she was this hard and psychotic not some silly little bitch.
Croc 494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
Croc 494
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 124

croc 494's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman87gt View Post
Biggest thing in the way of making Nightwing and Robin Free Roam characters would be their mode of travel. Way too much work would go into a mode that would serve little purpose. It's a few weeks after the events of the game, I don't think its a stretch to say the only reason Joker's Carnival still exists is because it was the last camp to fall and thus was still putting up a fight when the GCPD would have moved in to start fixing the situation. I think it's safe to say there are no longer thugs in the streets, and that most of the City is under police control, there would be no point, the Riddler is defeated (even if you never finished that section in your particular game, in the game's timeline he has been defeated), so the trophies would be strictly for collecting.

In terms of the game it doesn't make much sense especially when you consider the amount of work it would require to make it possible.

I don't know if it is just your English (I know it is not your first language), but there is nothing deceptive about this information. They never said Robin would be free roam, they never hinted at him being able to free roam.

To all this I say simply. They are Batman's accomplice's so why would they not just have the grapple upgrade, in their own little style. Robin already has the explosive gel so one more bit of kit couldn't hurt, Batman could give it to them in a cutscene the first time you go to the switch point. Problem solved.

As for "What's the point", It's just more time I can spend having fun with this game I don't need it to do anything I just want to carry on playing this game and this would be a great way for them to implement it.
Croc 494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #17
linus614
 
linus614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Killumbus, Ohio
Posts: 259

l LINUS l's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
I honestly think this was something that happens because of lazy developers. If they allow free roaming, they will have to create new animations for Robin, instead of that, they use what there is already in the game and is less work.

Such a mayor deception, and Nightwing is still challenges exclusive, something that sucks hard times. Hes the first Robin!! At this point hes a mayor DC character and should be treated as such.
Not really lazy just more time effecient. If Robin was added in to main story a previous post said it best as "at most a half an hour of fun". Rocksteady I feel made the right choice, they didnt have to include Robin at all and they did make a story for him so that alone is fair enough fan service my friend. I promise Robin will have a bigger role in the next Batman title they release.
__________________
linus614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #18
JediJake
 
JediJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Newton
Posts: 242

Makumazon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrummy64 View Post
I think giving Robin free-roam probably would have been a pointless idea for this DLC; the only reason Catwoman was given free-roam was due to her having her own exclusive free-roam content, i.e. the pink Riddler trophies and the mission where she has to retrieve her stolen goods from Two-Face's henchmen.
In order to make Robin's free-roam worthwhile, they would have to add in even more Riddler trophies, which of course would be incredibly difficult because both Batman's and Catwoman's trophies had already been programmed into the map before release, or they'd have to add in something equally worthwhile; otherwise, it would just come off as a gimmick that would serve little purpose other than about half an hour of fun.


On one hand I so not like collectibles in games like the trophies, but I did not mind them as much in Batman AA or AC, because of the things you had to do to get them. It added a challenge to it.

That being said, I realms liked that Batman and Catwoman each had their own to get. So I think I would have liked Robin trophies.

That's all pointless now though given the DLC is outlandish has beendor some time
__________________

A huge Thank You to XxLil Raver xX for the awesome sig and Rajeanero for the awesome Avatar!
JediJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #19
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Midwest!
Posts: 697

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJake View Post
On one hand I so not like collectibles in games like the trophies, but I did not mind them as much in Batman AA or AC, because of the things you had to do to get them. It added a challenge to it.

That being said, I realms liked that Batman and Catwoman each had their own to get. So I think I would have liked Robin trophies.

That's all pointless now though given the DLC is outlandish has beendor some time
Oulandish?
That's outlandish saying that. But fair enough.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
DAEPICFACE
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1

DE EPIC FACE's Gamercard
Question

wel i dunno if it works but if u complete the game in normal u can play as robin
DAEPICFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:28 PM   #21
gitzy776
 
gitzy776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8

gitzy776's Gamercard
i thought the dlc was good. could have been longer though
gitzy776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 AM.