Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
sofaking66

Jaytin66's Gamercard
Using Curatives on Pawns

I've been looking everywhere in the forums for this and I'm not finding anything.
Is it possible to use curatives on pawns, other than the ones that heal the whole group?
So far this has been my biggest upset with the game. All I want to do is Heal a single pawn from time to time without having to waste a whole party effect potion when everyone but one of my fighters is a full health. I know the difference between the Green and White parts of the Health bar. I want to be able to heal the green bar that can't be regenerated with spells on a single pawn. I've only been able to heal myself, even when I try to use curatives that the pawn is holding it just says I can't use a pawns item.
sofaking66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
well,i would like to know this as well

but while i am here,what Curatives heal the whole group?

oh,and make sure you use the healing springs in the wild,there are about 3 or 4 of them scattered about and they heal the whole group..whole health bar as well,and they save you having to slog it back to town etc

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Only way you can cure them like that is giving them a Potent Greenwarish (or any healing item) And depends how you set up there personally. They will use it on there own when they see fit. But its usually when there just about to die lol, there not that smart in this game about that.

But ya that's the only way for them to cure themselves with a item

Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
This confounded me to no end but I realised, as mentioned above, if you give them a cure they will use it.

Had to flee a dragon and my main Pawn's health was flagging red.

Gave him a curative and he used it immediately.

Az

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
DrTarsus

DrTarsus's Gamercard
When I found my first healing spring I filled about 50 bottles and gave half of them to my main pawn, she has used them all now. She also uses any status heal items she carries, but for some reason she won't use arrows or buff items.
DrTarsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
T00L

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTarsus View Post
When I found my first healing spring I filled about 50 bottles and gave half of them to my main pawn, she has used them all now. She also uses any status heal items she carries, but for some reason she won't use arrows or buff items.
hmm.. i always thought your main pawn doesnt use the healing potions, so i used her to store my own ones. Seems like the girl can look after herself ^^
T00L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTarsus View Post
Same here i filled 300 bottles. (Gotta love autofire controllers) pawns use them and they heal everyone by a decent amount.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
The Destroyernatorer

TBS Mulder's Gamercard

From my experience they'll only use healing items that are listed under curatives, and they'll do it automatically when their health is low.

Some items can be used in crafting and are also curatives, but they don't use them.

Personally I just let them die then revive them, so I can hoard all the healing stuff for myself
The Destroyernatorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #9
Chem

chemdargon's Gamercard
If you buy the 100k cloak from the fat noble merchant in gran soren (forgive me, I'm terrible with names) it has the latent ability that all health/stam items you use are now group pots.

Aside from that, they have to want to use it when in their inventory, which they usually don't.
Chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
Ryuken808

ryuken808's Gamercard
They only use items when they are at red >.>. Its kinda annoying especially when they stop healing at half of their HP and they suddenly killed by the ur-dragon >.>.
Ryuken808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
richbeard

problem solved!

hey guys made an account just so i could post this because i thought it might be helpful ^^
i too have been frustrated with the problem of the pawns not using the items to fill their white bar back up until their just about dead..
i just just about everything until i remembered the commands you can give them from the tutorial in the beginning of the game!
So obviously go makes them run around like crazy baboons..
Come just makes them too close for comfort.. and my characters short.. so they get in the way.. >.>
then i tried "Help!!" (by pressing left or right)
they immedietly buffed me and used healing items to restore their mayonnaise bar!!
although their health is only about 85% full because you cant spam them to do so.. (pawns... theyre something else..)
give it a few moments and you can pop them heals and buffs right off again :)
hope this was lifted a ton of rocks from your shoulders!
good hunting!
richbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
AndyZedd

AndyZedd's Gamercard
Never thoght about this because my pawn is a helaer and heals the group often during battles and afterwards.
AndyZedd is offline   Reply With Quote