PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #61
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
well im being offered the point-of-no-return quest by aldous, and mirabelle still just potters around with no quest for me. guess thats a ng+ job then!
you get that quest after you get access to the dukes gold room and when deny salvation quest begins. If your talking about the duchess in distress
__________________



FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:25 AM   #62
NukeDukem
 
NukeDukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 354

topgunprobo's Gamercard
im talking about the one before that, arousing suspicions. when aldous offers you a quest and warns you to finish all other quests first, thats denying salvation isnt it? i havent been in the dukes gold room though..
__________________
NukeDukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #63
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
im talking about the one before that, arousing suspicions. when aldous offers you a quest and warns you to finish all other quests first, thats denying salvation isnt it? i havent been in the dukes gold room though..
That quest should have become available by now. Sleep at an in till nightime and go the the dutchess garden and youll find mariebelle
__________________



FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #64
NukeDukem
 
NukeDukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 354

topgunprobo's Gamercard
nah she isnt there mate, there is an aelinore or someone who walks into the castle at that time but thats all the activity.
__________________
NukeDukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #65
Carpetfluff
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19
Missable quest

I had a problem with 'The Conspirators'. I was given the quest by Fedel but hadn't yet been to meet him at night. I went on one of Aldous' errands and when I came back to turn that in, I decided to accept the next one right away. I can't remember what the name of that one was (pretty sure it was the one about looking into a traitor in the castle), but as soon as I accepted it, it cancelled 'The Conspirators'. So make sure you do that one when you get it.

That and Reynard's quest were actually the only two I missed in my first run through.

Last edited by Carpetfluff; 06-04-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Carpetfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #66
cheevo360
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West London (Middlesex), England
Posts: 2,261

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey can anyone or owner of this thread to help me about No Honor Among Thieves quest. Mention on here guide said turning himself in so which option should i pick from Pike:

Return to Maul's hold and offer up your life

or

Leave the village and run far away.

Which one?
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #67
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevo360 View Post
Hey can anyone or owner of this thread to help me about No Honor Among Thieves quest. Mention on here guide said turning himself in so which option should i pick from Pike:

Return to Maul's hold and offer up your life

or

Leave the village and run far away.

Which one?
return to maul
__________________



FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #68
cheevo360
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West London (Middlesex), England
Posts: 2,261

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
return to maul
Thank you man.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #69
I CR0W I
 
I CR0W I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 525

I CR0W I's Gamercard
In "Seeking Salvation" towards the end, Mason leaves you some unarmed mook to do what you will with. Killing him seems to please him but sparing him makes him pretty much say "Sorry you just fucked up and aren't getting any more side quests from me", what's the deal with that? I scanned over the first few posts and there doesn't seem to be any involvement with Mason after this quest... Did you spare the guy or something?


__________________
100% retail
AVATAR: TLA TBE
100% arcade
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #70
Powerman1469
 
Powerman1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arden, NC
Posts: 498

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I CR0W I View Post
In "Seeking Salvation" towards the end, Mason leaves you some unarmed mook to do what you will with. Killing him seems to please him but sparing him makes him pretty much say "Sorry you just fucked up and aren't getting any more side quests from me", what's the deal with that? I scanned over the first few posts and there doesn't seem to be any involvement with Mason after this quest... Did you spare the guy or something?


Killing or sparing him doesn't matter, he dies no matter what. I have done both before. Doing both you'll still get the "Nameless Terror" Quest
__________________
Thats what you get when you let your heart win WhooAAooA



Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #71
J4ckyb0y1
 
J4ckyb0y1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sen's Fortress~
Posts: 934

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
Mettle against Metal**After doing the Witchhunt quest, Leave the area & Don't jump down. Turn around and enter back into Witchwood, You must find a golem in the area. Go back under Selene House, and take a right when you come to the 1st split path. You'll see a funny looking rock across the water. You can't hunt him directly. You have to destroy all the purple poles around the area. If your having trouble finding them, just watch where they shoot him from and follow the light, because they give him power. NOTE* next quest below


Failed to mention in your notes that one of the amulets is in a Fn tree, so bring a bow that can do physical damage or you can't destroy the thing.

My current party is Magic Archer, Mage, Sorc and Warrior. So yea...SOL.


__________________

Last edited by J4ckyb0y1; 06-06-2012 at 05:13 AM.
J4ckyb0y1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #72
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,155

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ckyb0y1 View Post
Mettle against Metal**After doing the Witchhunt quest, Leave the area & Don't jump down. Turn around and enter back into Witchwood, You must find a golem in the area. Go back under Selene House, and take a right when you come to the 1st split path. You'll see a funny looking rock across the water. You can't hunt him directly. You have to destroy all the purple poles around the area. If your having trouble finding them, just watch where they shoot him from and follow the light, because they give him power. NOTE* next quest below


Failed to mention in your notes that one of the amulets is in a Fn tree, so bring a bow that can do physical damage or you can't destroy the thing.

My current party is Magic Archer, Mage, Sorc and Warrior. So yea...SOL.


I remember this quest being a pain. I play as a Sorcerer with my main pawn as a Warrior. My two support pawns were a Sorcerer and a Mage. Since the Metal Golem is completely immune to magic I had to change to an Assassin so I had a bow.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #73
NukeDukem
 
NukeDukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 354

topgunprobo's Gamercard
im on ng+, only need the duchess quests to get the Hero achievement. i just noticed theres an escort quest for aelinore in the gran soran inn, i didnt do that last time. think thats what made it not appear? did you guys do that escort quest on the playthrough you did 'arousing suspicion' on?
__________________
NukeDukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #74
Rayne ZA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37
You can finish all 40 these side missions without touching any notice board.

This guide helped a lot, much thanks.
Rayne ZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #75
lighthouse777
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 200

starlight777's Gamercard
witchhunt never showed up for me... neither did search party
lighthouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #76
Powerman1469
 
Powerman1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arden, NC
Posts: 498

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
im on ng+, only need the duchess quests to get the Hero achievement. i just noticed theres an escort quest for aelinore in the gran soran inn, i didnt do that last time. think thats what made it not appear? did you guys do that escort quest on the playthrough you did 'arousing suspicion' on?
You shouldn't have to do any notice board quests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne ZA View Post
You can finish all 40 these side missions without touching any notice board.

This guide helped a lot, much thanks.
Your welcome, glad it helped =D
__________________
Thats what you get when you let your heart win WhooAAooA



Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #77
Nami
 
Nami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 110
Send a message via MSN to Nami

Cronaa's Gamercard
Thank you heaps for this guide followed it just as you had them written and it helped me gain the achievement without any hassles!
__________________



Nothing amazing ever happens here. Only the ordinary


Nami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #78
lighthouse777
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 200

starlight777's Gamercard
ok witchhunt has not started for me
and i have talked with the duke but have not gotten his treasure
i am just doing any side quests
so are you sure it is just suppose to start up
or have i missed something?
lighthouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #79
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,155

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse777 View Post
ok witchhunt has not started for me
and i have talked with the duke but have not gotten his treasure
i am just doing any side quests
so are you sure it is just suppose to start up
or have i missed something?
You have to eavesdrop on a conversation in front of the Gran Soren Inn about a group of people going to kill her. Once you overhear this, the quest will start.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #80
Zim
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 244
Fantastic guide powerman. Not sure if it really matters or not but just thought I would let you know that the quest Bad Business can actually be immediately done following the quest Honour and Treachery. (Is that the right name? The one where Aldous sends you to meet a messenger)
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:06 AM   #81
Powerman1469
 
Powerman1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arden, NC
Posts: 498

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Fantastic guide powerman. Not sure if it really matters or not but just thought I would let you know that the quest Bad Business can actually be immediately done following the quest Honour and Treachery. (Is that the right name? The one where Aldous sends you to meet a messenger)
Thanks! hope it helped

Yeah that must be right when it becomes active, I just did it after the 3rd set of quests from Aldous, This list is just the order that i did them all. I'm sure you can do them in a different order.

Honor and Treachery** 3rd Set
Reward and Responsibility** 3rd Set
Bad Business***

Non the less just gotta make sure you get it done before *Deny Salvation!
__________________
Thats what you get when you let your heart win WhooAAooA



Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #82
Spankface
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5
A few notes you may want to add to the guide:

Arousing Suspicion - In order to get access to this quest you need to exit the castle right after your first meeting with the Duke. As you exit go right to meet and encounter a scene with the Duchess. If you miss this scene, Mirabelle will never have the question mark over her head. (I missed the scene because I started exploring the castle, it turned night, and I got arrested)

Talent Bloom - This is a timed quest. If you receive the flower and do not deliver it promptly it will wilt. When you return to the Abbey to report that the flower is "lost" you fail the quest because she does not have another flower to give you. Even if you fail this quest, A Parting Gift will still open up afterwards.
Spankface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #83
lighthouse777
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 200

starlight777's Gamercard
witchhunt has never started for me
i am way past the time i talked with the duke
so if it was around the fountain
they certainly are not talking about it now
so perhaps this also is a timed quest?
lighthouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #84
Powerman1469
 
Powerman1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arden, NC
Posts: 498

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankface View Post
A few notes you may want to add to the guide:

Arousing Suspicion - In order to get access to this quest you need to exit the castle right after your first meeting with the Duke. As you exit go right to meet and encounter a scene with the Duchess. If you miss this scene, Mirabelle will never have the question mark over her head. (I missed the scene because I started exploring the castle, it turned night, and I got arrested)

Talent Bloom - This is a timed quest. If you receive the flower and do not deliver it promptly it will wilt. When you return to the Abbey to report that the flower is "lost" you fail the quest because she does not have another flower to give you. Even if you fail this quest, A Parting Gift will still open up afterwards.
For Arousing Suspicion i just assumed you would meet Mirabelle because as soon as your starting to leave the castle the camera Zooms in on her very closely and gives you a big hint to talk to her, but i will add it just in case people do somehow miss this.

As Talent Bloom also a given as she tells you in the quest itself that you need to hurry and give someone the flower or it will die. But I'll make a note

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse777 View Post
witchhunt has never started for me
i am way past the time i talked with the duke
so if it was around the fountain
they certainly are not talking about it now
so perhaps this also is a timed quest?
It's not a timed quest, as you see in my list i did that quest a few down after meeting the Duke, so maybe just give it a few days. As i always made Gran Soren my main pit stop sleeping at the Inn & buying stuff. It will/should pop up eventually. Also a note like i said in the guide, you have to do Lost & Found so it starts all the quests with Selene.
__________________
Thats what you get when you let your heart win WhooAAooA



Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #85
Sarsage
 
Sarsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 633

sarsage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankface View Post
Talent Bloom - This is a timed quest. If you receive the flower and do not deliver it promptly it will wilt. When you return to the Abbey to report that the flower is "lost" you fail the quest because she does not have another flower to give you. Even if you fail this quest, A Parting Gift will still open up afterwards.
You can give the flower back to her as soon as she gives it to you and the quest will complete straight away.

Video proof:
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #86
Itachi1124
 
Itachi1124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 27

itachi1124's Gamercard
I know you said you can confirm that you don't need to complete all the quests in one playthrough but are you sure? I've just completed every quest and got nothing for it. I have even checked, double checked, and annoyingly triple checked my quest completion list and compared it with yours and the one below you and I have everything matching.
Itachi1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #87
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,155

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks so much for this guide. I just completed my first playthrough and got this achievement thanks to your helpful information. Great ending btw. I loved it. Bring on the sequel.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #88
Sarsage
 
Sarsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 633

sarsage's Gamercard
Can anyone tell me which animal gives ambrosial meat for the Farewell, Valmiro quest?
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #89
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,155

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsage View Post
Can anyone tell me which animal gives ambrosial meat for the Farewell, Valmiro quest?
You can get one by breaking the boxes in the Ancient Quarry. They be along the path where your pawns told you you could lay meat to distract the Ogres when you were there early in the game. Just be sure to bring an air tight flask to combine it with so it does spoil before you can give it to Valmiro.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #90
Sarsage
 
Sarsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 633

sarsage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
You can get one by breaking the boxes in the Ancient Quarry. They be along the path where your pawns told you you could lay meat to distract the Ogres when you were there early in the game. Just be sure to bring an air tight flask to combine it with so it does spoil before you can give it to Valmiro.
Thanks, I'll go there now.
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03 AM.