VyperJMc's Gamercard
Worked like a charm. Thanks, Saber!

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #32
KirbyTheAlmighty

foxhound kirby's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would have done this, but I've already completed Hardcore.

Doesn't bother me too much, I'm enjoying this game quite a bit.
Thanks anyway!

Xbox One / Day One
KirbyTheAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #33
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
throwing my confirmation up here as well. i finished old school a couple nights ago but i wanted to wait a while before popping hardcore so my date and timestamps would at least look legit.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
IN5TANT CLASS1C

IN5TANT CLASS1C's Gamercard
Anyone confirm if this works the other way around.
IN5TANT CLASS1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #35
MilezDawg

MilezDawg's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber0307 View Post
Yeah. It'll tell you that you won't be able to earn achievements by switching difficulties, but that's a dirty lie.
You are the man Saber, thank you very much
I don't play games for achievements nor do I rate games based on an achievement list. I play games for fun, it's one of my hobbies. I do however like to %100 the games I enjoy or purchase, achievements or not. I like this site for it's supurb game guides, news and reviews.
GTAV 9/17/13
I Love Grand Theft Auto !!!
MilezDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #36
KriugerisLT

Kr1ug3ris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll X ll View Post
It is on medium. Stay on the open in medium difficulty and then try on hard. Notice how much damage you take out in the open. The only thing that makes Old school seem as if it's on hard difficulty is that if they gave you a headshot it is 99% mostly a one hit kill. Where as in every other difficulty it'll initiate last stand.
No, it's definitely Hard. New York minute is on Medium and it's a helluva lot easier than Old School. Bullets don't do as much damage as on Old School.
KriugerisLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #37
trail blazer

IronFistNoLegs's Gamercard
So, to unlock old school i need to first bet the game on any difficulty?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #38
LordOdadjian

OdadjianActual's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
So, to unlock old school i need to first bet the game on any difficulty?
You need to beat the game on hard.
LordOdadjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #39
trail blazer

IronFistNoLegs's Gamercard
this game fucking sucks
The shooting is bad the realoading is bad, the game looks like shit. and i hAve 1 achievment at the end of chaptr 3. booo max pyne 3
Old 06-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #40
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
this game fucking sucks
The shooting is bad the realoading is bad, the game looks like shit. and i hAve 1 achievment at the end of chaptr 3. booo max pyne 3
More like you have no skill, what's your favorite game? Call of Duty? exactly, just shut the fuck up and keep your bitching to the bitching thread.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #41
fresh fish 101

fresh fish 101's Gamercard
Quote:
this game fucking sucks
you, sir, wouldn't know a good game if it violated you sexually.

100% CLUB: Alan Wake - Battlefield: BC2 - Burnout: Paradise -
Deus Ex: HR - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Far Cry 3 - Hitman: Absolution -
LA Noire - Mafia II - Portal: Still Alive - Portal 2 - Prince of Persia: TFS -
Red Dead Redemption - Skate - Skate 3 - Sleeping Dogs

fresh fish 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #42
JeppeBoy

JeppeBoy95's Gamercard
Quote:
this game fucking sucks
What the fuck?
JeppeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #43
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
Quote:
this game fucking sucks
Dafuq did I just read?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #44
ll X ll

I think Rockstar did something really good this time around. It really shows by some of the people here how they go apeshit crazy when they reach chapter 10 and all they got is 2 or 3 achievements, lol.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #45
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Damn this thread was about 1 week to late for me. I finished my hardcore playthrough and I'm now on chapter 9 on oldschool. It would have been nice to save myself a playthrough.

Nice find

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #46
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriugerisLT View Post
No, it's definitely Hard. New York minute is on Medium and it's a helluva lot easier than Old School. Bullets don't do as much damage as on Old School.
From my experience i thought Old School was easier than Hard + Hardcore. Which is why i wrote what i wrote.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #47
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Gonna try this over the weekend, by what I've read it works. So thanks for the tips man, much appreciated by me and the rest of the community!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:26 AM   #48
L3d Z3ppl1n

would it work hypothetically if i played on normal did the quit out and switched it to hard? or is it just old school to hardcore?
L3d Z3ppl1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #49
MilezDawg

MilezDawg's Gamercard
Quote:
this game fucking sucks
Another person on this site who basis their opinions of games on how easy it is to obtain achievements, how sad. Go play Avatar TBE, NBA2K6, College 2K6 and all the CoD's (except WaW) those seem like more your style.
I don't play games for achievements nor do I rate games based on an achievement list. I play games for fun, it's one of my hobbies. I do however like to %100 the games I enjoy or purchase, achievements or not. I like this site for it's supurb game guides, news and reviews.
GTAV 9/17/13
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #50
voz1z

voz1z's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3d Z3ppl1n View Post
would it work hypothetically if i played on normal did the quit out and switched it to hard? or is it just old school to hardcore?
I wouldnt mind knowing this too
voz1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #51
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by voz1z View Post
I wouldnt mind knowing this too
Maybe it would still work, try it. I already beat the game 6 times so taking a break from it now that i got everything from the game (except being level 50 and unlocking all weapons)

However, you need to finish it on hard to unlock hardcore and oldschool. Finishing it on normal only won't unlock Hardcore or Oldschool.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #52
MilezDawg

MilezDawg's Gamercard
Quote:
Maybe it would still work, try it. I already beat the game 6 times so taking a break from it now that i got everything from the game (except being level 50 and unlocking all weapons)

However, you need to finish it on hard to unlock hardcore and oldschool. Finishing it on normal only won't unlock Hardcore or Oldschool.
You finished NYM HC, well congrats sir. I'm saving that for the end. I'm at Level 35 on multiplayer by playing Payne Killer. It's the game mode I do best on and if your good at it you can level up kinda quick. Gang Wars is another mode that works well but sometimes you get on a team that dose not go for the objectives and it gets frustrating.
GTAV 9/17/13
Old 06-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #53
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilezDawg View Post
You finished NYM HC, well congrats sir. I'm saving that for the end. I'm at Level 35 on multiplayer by playing Payne Killer. It's the game mode I do best on and if your good at it you can level up kinda quick. Gang Wars is another mode that works well but sometimes you get on a team that dose not go for the objectives and it gets frustrating.
Yeah, playing gang wars only from time to time. I am enjoying it though so it's all good.

After 7 attempts i managed to finish NYM: HC finally few days ago. It isn't impossible, especially after playing through the game multiple times. Patience, Luck, painkiller locations and knowing the ins and outs of every level is key.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #54
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I think Rockstar did something really good this time around. It really shows by some of the people here how they go apeshit crazy when they reach chapter 10 and all they got is 2 or 3 achievements, lol.
The only thing I didn't like was them adding multiplayer achievements. MP achievements are the bane of the MP community because it causes people to play like retards to get the achievements instead of just being a team player. (Ex: GOW3) I know the specific ones for this game aren't as bad as others, I just don't like the idea of achievements at all in multiplayer. It distracts people.

I don't have a problem with the SP achievements, especially now, thanks to the OP's discovery. This really should get added to the achievement guide.

Last edited by ColdSpider72; 06-02-2012 at 07:35 PM.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #55
JeppeBoy

JeppeBoy95's Gamercard
It worked perfectly! I love you!!
JeppeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #56
ll X ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
The only thing I didn't like was them adding multiplayer achievements. MP achievements are the bane of the MP community because it causes people to play like retards to get the achievements instead of just being a team player. (Ex: GOW3) I know the specific ones for this game aren't as bad as others, I just don't like the idea of achievements at all in multiplayer. It distracts people.

I don't have a problem with the SP achievements, especially now, thanks to the OP's discovery.
Yeah, i hate them too because it's just a cheap way to make people keep playing the game (worst if its a bad one) and will cause people to not play MP right + boost (not getting it legit then what's the point?)

For me, if i see a guy getting every achievement in an SP game but some of the MP i consider him having the 100% because in gaming, MP was never part of the experience in the first place, especially in the previous gens when you 100% a game, there was no multiplayer bullshit because this is the way to go. It baffles me how the most popular title (COD) doesn't have MP achievements except black ops and now MW3 with it's DLC.

So yeah, to me a 100% is finishing the SP game and everything that has to do with it. Even DLC i don't add them to 100% a game, because its a cheap way to get people to buy the DLC and keep playing. I bet you 60$ if they don't put achievements in DLC of a certain game 90% of the people wont buy them. 10% are the people who care about the game and story or are fans.

The achievement/trophy market is very big and that's why publishers will find a way to nickle and dime it to the very limit. Just like Gears of war 3's what now 1700 - 2000G? give me a break. It's like hey i know you guys won't play our MP so let me get with some MP DLC achievements so you pay me and keep playing/boosting to no end.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #57
albo

Just tried it out and it worked fine, thanks a bunch. A few things to note though, because i did my first play through on hard but kept soft lock on, i only got the medium cheevo. When i then did it on old school and upon trying op's method, i also got the hard achievement as well as the hardcore and old school.
albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #58
danksch

danksch's Gamercard
In case anyone bothers; just tried it the other way around (Dashboarding from HC to Old School) and that does NOT work.
danksch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #59
I RYXCORE I

I RYXCORE I's Gamercard
hahaha awesome, about to do it
I RYXCORE I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #60
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Im trying the final checkpoint on hard, dashboarding then flipping to old school just to see what happens

EDIT: waste of time

Last edited by Purple Hooter; 06-05-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote