PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #61
FroZeNSouL

FroZeNSouL's Gamercard
Can I check if need to do old school in free aim?

Also NYC HC, free aim as well?
I personal can't see self getting passed the roof tremors without building falling down. If that happening after 3hrs work, ill think ill turn the controller on myself. Headshot

Please msg if working on:GTA4, GTA5, All GoW
FroZeNSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #62
MeSmokeRox

YoSmokeRox's Gamercard
Thumbs up Best. Tip. Ever.

Thanks for this wonderful tip. During my first play thru on hard I changed to hard lock and negated my completion achievement. This tip saved me a lot of aggravation. I got the Old School achievement then dashboard, continue on Hardcore and BOOM; I got the remaining completion achievements.

Thank You!

Last edited by MeSmokeRox; 06-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.
MeSmokeRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #63
BlobOfSalad

X vv 4 n t 3 d's Gamercard
Say you've completed old school but not hardcore, I wonder if you can play through the whole game on easy (since loading the last checkpoint doest work) and then do this when the achievement would appear.

The glitch doesn't seem to work downwards, so you can't get old school from hardcore, but if you can go up then why not from easy to hardcore? Unless there's some tie between old school and hardcore achievements, or the act of unlocking an achievement is somehow the key to unlocking others after having already quit to dashboard, but that seems unlikely.

BlobOfSalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #64
iMarcus

iMarcus's Gamercard
wow, wish i knew about this!
iMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #65
atlboricua23

atlboricua23's Gamercard
Just did it. Thank you very much.
atlboricua23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:10 AM   #66
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Also did this. Worked like a charm.

Currently Working On
:

On The Back Burner:

Rayman 3: HD

Giving up On:
Trials: Evolution &
Ninja Gaiden II
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #67
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Just adding to the confirmation - this worked wonders!
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #68
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
A little late for some of us .
But still a great find for all the others, nonetheless.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #69
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Wondering if it is possible to get the Old School achievement, dashboard and then go play NYM and Score Attack modes before going back to the story and continuing for the Hardcore achievement. Does anyone know if this is the case?
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #70
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
F*ckin thank you man! You saved me so many RAGE QUITS, really, just did it and it works, only thing i have to do now is New York Minute, (not NYM Hardcore, thats just crazy).
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #71
brennan118118

brennan118118's Gamercard
Worked a charm thanks for that
Old 06-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #72
DeadlySinz86

iTz SiNZ v2's Gamercard
I wonder if this trick works when going from Hard back to Medium. I've already completed the game once, but on the last mission, I switched to Soft Lock from free aim, like a tired & dumb tard and it cost me the Medium Difficulty achievement >< This would save me alot of wasted time.

DeadlySinz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #73
the_regular_guy

Just tried playing on easy and using this method to unlock hard but i couldn't get it to work
Don't know if maybe i messed up though.

Since you don't get a difficulty ach. for beating the game on easy, i wasn't sure when to dashboard.
So i dashboarded right after i got the Completed Act III (or whatever it's called) ach.

And when i started the game back up i couldn't find an option to change the difficulty in the main menu, so i had to choose continue story and change the difficulty after it had loaded the checkpoint (when you're right behind the plane).
Plus i failed to destroy the plane in time (yeah i know, i suck), so i had to retry.

So i don't know.
Maybe you have to play on normal (unlocking the normal difficulty ach. before you can unlock hard), or maybe it just works on Old School for some reason.
Or like i said, maybe i messed up.

Maybe someone else can try and play the game on easy or normal and see if they can get it to work?

-
Looking to boost: Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row 1 & 2, 007: Blood Stone, GTA 4, Midnight Club: LA, Burnout Paradise, Tomb Raider
the_regular_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #74
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_regular_guy View Post
Just tried playing on easy and using this method to unlock hard but i couldn't get it to work
Don't know if maybe i messed up though.

Since you don't get a difficulty ach. for beating the game on easy, i wasn't sure when to dashboard.
So i dashboarded right after i got the Completed Act III (or whatever it's called) ach.

And when i started the game back up i couldn't find an option to change the difficulty in the main menu, so i had to choose continue story and change the difficulty after it had loaded the checkpoint (when you're right behind the plane).
Plus i failed to destroy the plane in time (yeah i know, i suck), so i had to retry.

So i don't know.
Maybe you have to play on normal (unlocking the normal difficulty ach. before you can unlock hard), or maybe it just works on Old School for some reason.
Or like i said, maybe i messed up.

Maybe someone else can try and play the game on easy or normal and see if they can get it to work?
It will not work like this. This trick will only work if you DECREASE the difficulty at the end. Increasing the difficult voids the achievement and seeing as Old School is considered harder than Hardcore it will only work Old School to Hardcore and not the other way around.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #75
the_regular_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
It will not work like this. This trick will only work if you DECREASE the difficulty at the end. Increasing the difficult voids the achievement and seeing as Old School is considered harder than Hardcore it will only work Old School to Hardcore and not the other way around.
Ah, ok. That explains it.
I thought Hardcore was harder than Old School (although i did wonder why Old School was worth more points than Hardcore).

Thx for clearing it up.

-
Looking to boost: Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row 1 & 2, 007: Blood Stone, GTA 4, Midnight Club: LA, Burnout Paradise, Tomb Raider
the_regular_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #76
T4TTEDUP

T4TTEDUP's Gamercard
Thank you so much for this find man, did it the othere day and it worked great.
PERSON 1: Hurrr.... Graphics are awesome, GOTY!
PERSON 2: OMG!! 1600MSP DLC for CoD! Day 1 buy!
PERSON 3: Cheevos r tooo hard! I ain't buyin'
PERSON 4: $2 DLC for Free Game, too much!
PERSON 5: No Cheevos, no buy!
PERSON 6: Multiplayer Cheevos NO BUY!
T4TTEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #77
MilezDawg

MilezDawg's Gamercard
Just now did it and it works great, saved me one less play through.
If I could add one suggestion, to the people that are worried about R* or Microsoft seeing the Old School and Hardcore achievements earned on the same date like myself just log off XBOX Live so no date is shown for when the achievements are earned. I logged off Live when I did this so there is no way I think, or hope that they could tell that I did this exploit, no date is shown when I earned both achievements. Just food for thought and thank you again Saber.
I don't play games for achievements nor do I rate games based on an achievement list. I play games for fun, it's one of my hobbies. I do however like to %100 the games I enjoy or purchase, achievements or not. I like this site for it's supurb game guides, news and reviews.
GTAV 9/17/13
I Love Grand Theft Auto !!!
MilezDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #78
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
Nice find but come on people...
When you rented this game then use the glitch if it is absolutely necessary.
But when you own this game then play this game on hardcore.
Hardcore is much easier than old shool if you ask me.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #79
MilezDawg

MilezDawg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiCoon View Post
Nice find but come on people...
When you rented this game then use the glitch if it is absolutely necessary.
But when you own this game then play this game on hardcore.
Hardcore is much easier than old shool if you ask me.
I though Old School was fairly easy, just no last stand is all. I just made sure to use my Payne Killers as much as possible. I own the game and really only did this so I can concentrate and practice for the New York Minute Hardcore achievement.
I don't play games for achievements nor do I rate games based on an achievement list. I play games for fun, it's one of my hobbies. I do however like to %100 the games I enjoy or purchase, achievements or not. I like this site for it's supurb game guides, news and reviews.
GTAV 9/17/13
Old 06-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #80
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilezDawg View Post
I though Old School was fairly easy, just no last stand is all. I just made sure to use my Payne Killers as much as possible. I own the game and really only did this so I can concentrate and practice for the New York Minute Hardcore achievement.
really? the best practice would've been to play hardcore, it would have provided a challenge. Plus you would've better remembered the spawns of enemys and learn new ways to clear "battles"

You only did this glitch because you're lazy and wanted the achievement the easy way. IDC that you did this, but the excuse as to why makes no sense.

anyways, good luck on your nym runs, they're a bitch when you get around chapter 13.

edit: i guess what i mean is, i agree with taicoon
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #81
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
I think playing through on hardcore is the best way to practice for NYM HC.

You need to play carefully and during the playthrough you will definitely get used to all chapters.
You will know all enemys positions, which way they move and how to clear every room easily.
You learn how to use bullettime wisely because it is f*cking rare.
NYM HC is a walk in the park after your harcore run.

IMO there is no better way to practice for NYM HC.
The only things you are not prepared for are glitches and little mistakes

But at the end everyone decide on there own which is the best way to practice

Last edited by TaiCoon; 06-10-2012 at 10:08 PM.
TaiCoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #82
i fist brown i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiCoon View Post
I think playing through on hardcore is the best way to practice for NYM HC.

You need to play carefully and on your playtrough you definitely get used to all chapters.
You know all enemys positions, which way thy move and how to clear every room easily.
You learn how to use bullettime wisely because it is f*cking rare.
NYM HC is a walk in the park after your harcore run.

IMO there is no better way to practice for NYM HC.
The only things you are not prepared for are glitches and little mistakes

hey taicoon, is there an echo in this thread? lol
Old 06-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #83
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
@ fist brown
I noticed that too after i posted my answer
It took a bit longer to complete my post because English is not my native language ^^
But i am glad that i am not the only one who think hardcore is the best way to practice
Old 06-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #84
MilezDawg

MilezDawg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
really? the best practice would've been to play hardcore, it would have provided a challenge. Plus you would've better remembered the spawns of enemys and learn new ways to clear "battles"

You only did this glitch because you're lazy and wanted the achievement the easy way. IDC that you did this, but the excuse as to why makes no sense.

anyways, good luck on your nym runs, they're a bitch when you get around chapter 13.

edit: i guess what i mean is, i agree with taicoon
Practicing for NYM HC was one reason but the other I should have mentioned was I made the mistake of playing my first play through on Medium instead of Hard, I wanted to save myself a play through of course. And I know NYM Hardcore is going to take practice and I still need to reach rank 50 in MP. Also I can go to chapter select, place the difficulty on Hardcore and practice chapter 13 and others chapters that will be tough.
And I'm not lazy when it comes to gamming. I bought the special edition and the R* pass and I'll continue to play the game once I get 1,000 in it where most people on this site won't. Plus I have a shit load of games waiting to be played, Skyrim plus the new DLC at the end of the month, at least 2 playthroughs on Mass Effect 3, NBA2K12, Deus Ex with all the DLC, Batman Arkham City GOTY. And with all the great games comming out in the fall and winter I don't want to get over whelmed. You have a gamerscore of 120,000 +, have you have never took an easy (or lazy) route to get some quick cheevos? Everyone has at one point or another. Look at how many people on this site have Avatar TBE on their gamercard, I know it's a quick 1,000 but you could say it's a lazy 1,000.
P.S.= Thanks for the advice on chapter 13, I had a feeling that chapter was going to be tough, I might go practice that one now.
GTAV 9/17/13

Last edited by MilezDawg; 06-10-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #85
i fist brown i

i definitely have been lazy with some achievements, but for games that i love as much as this game (as much as it sounds like you do), i cherish every achievement and am so stoked when i unlock it. The only games i play that are like, "wow you played that game for 1000" are the lego games and i absolutely LOVE those games, i cannot wait for lego batman 2!

But in my original post i said i do not care that you did it. Just the reason why you did it didnt make any sense, so i corrected it by saying you were just being lazy lol.

BTW i dont use my gamerscore as a "bragging right" i just find it fun to unlock achievements, i honestly dont care what my gamerscore is i just enjoy trying to unlock all the achievement on every game i play. Its my own addiction and idc what ppl think of it, i would never brag about getting an achievement or think im cool because of an achievement.

I know you said nothing of the sort in your post, but you mentioned my gamerscore and i had to clarify my addiction, lol.

Last edited by i fist brown i; 06-10-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #86
MilezDawg

MilezDawg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
i definitely have been lazy with some achievements, but for games that i love as much as it sounds like you love this game, i cherish every achievement and am so stoked when i unlock it. The only games i play that are like, "wow you played that game for 1000" are the lego games and i absolutely LOVE those games, i cannot wait for lego batman 2!

But in my original post i said i do not care that you did it. Just the reason why you did it didnt make any sense, so i corrected it by saying you were just being lazy lol.

BTW i dont use my gamerscore as a "bragging right" i just find it fun to unlock achievements, i honestly dont care what my gamerscore is i just enjoy trying to unlock all the achievement on every game i play. Its my own addiction and idc what ppl think of it, i would never brag about getting an achievement or think im cool because of an achievement.

I know you said nothing of the sort in your post, but you mentioned my gamerscore and i had to clarify my addiction, lol.
It's cool, no harm no foul. I have a similar obsession with my completion percentage in all R* games, except Table Tennis, still don't know what that was all about. And I'm on a mission to get all the cheevos for Mass Effect 2 and 3, gave up on 1 along time ago.
Like I said I should have played the hard difficulty first instead of medium witch was very easy and really didn't prepare me for the harder difficulties. Plus I used soft lock on the medium difficulty to get the feel of MP3 seeing that it had been years since I played MP2. I'm going to use chapter select to play through the chapters on hardcore that I fell have given me and alot of others trouble. I'm just worried about some glitch or getting sent back to the dashboard when I'm close to beating NYM HC, if that happens I'll need a vailum ASAP, I've heard its happened to quite a number of people and I hope not be one of them.
GTAV 9/17/13
Old 06-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #87
i fist brown i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilezDawg View Post
It's cool, no harm no foul. I have a similar obsession with my completion percentage in all R* games, except Table Tennis, still don't know what that was all about. And I'm on a mission to get all the cheevos for Mass Effect 2 and 3, gave up on 1 along time ago.
Like I said I should have played the hard difficulty first instead of medium witch was very easy and really didn't prepare me for the harder difficulties. Plus I used soft lock on the medium difficulty to get the feel of MP3 seeing that it had been years since I played MP2. I'm going to use chapter select to play through the chapters on hardcore that I fell have given me and alot of others trouble. I'm just worried about some glitch or getting sent back to the dashboard when I'm close to beating NYM HC, if that happens I'll need a vailum ASAP, I've heard its happened to quite a number of people and I hope not be one of them.
dont worry about playing them on hardcore since you have the achievement already, just focus on medium difficulty and memorization of the enemy locations since i feel like the nym difficulty is only medium.

&&&&&SPOILER*****!**!**@#**@*$*@SPOILER*#*@!*!*!*( !*(!!*!!

NYMH is complete luck i feel, like many other users have said already. I know what you're thinking "you're just saying that because you dont have it." but that would be wrong, im just saying that because i have tried twice and both times i died on becker with a random grenade blown right over my cover leading to me restarting.

plus on my nym playthroughs the final guy in chapter 13 gave me plenty of issues. IMO just practice the chapter where you'll have fights with bosses that INSTA-KILL you, like Chapter 13 and chapter 14, plus practice the missions that you struggled with most.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #88
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I just have Old School and Hardcore to do, now that I've done NYMH. The question I ask myself (and you all); do I utilise this glitch? Do I deserve to after the shit I've endured, the countless times I've watched the scenes? I say that I've completed the hardest challenge in Max Payne 3, so would it diminish my accomplishment in any way?

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #89
i fist brown i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
I just have Old School and Hardcore to do, now that I've done NYMH. The question I ask myself (and you all); do I utilise this glitch? Do I deserve to after the shit I've endured, the countless times I've watched the scenes? I say that I've completed the hardest challenge in Max Payne 3, so would it diminish my accomplishment in any way?

its all up to you man, who cares what anyone else thinks. IMO nymh is proving and showing off what you learned in all your previous playthroughs and putting it all together to execute a flawless run-through.

even though you beat the game in nymh, HARDCORE will still present a challenge, the question you would have to ask yourself is: do i want to play through the game again without earning much bullet time, dying in 2 bullets and spending hours on levels that ive already beat watching cutscenes ive already seen? if the answer is yes, then sure go for it! but honestly if i knew of the glitch whenever i beat it on old school i would've probably done it myself just to save myself time. Honestly, in Hardcore a full meter of bullet time is equivalent to about 2 seconds.

Btw, old school will be a cake walk for you, its almost the same difficulty as nym but you dont have final stand.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #90
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
See, when you put it that way, I think that perhaps I shouldn't glitch it as I need to experience that difficulty. I'll tell you what I'll do; I'll try Hardcore first. Then, if I get stupidly annoyed, I'll just finish Old School and use the glitch.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote