Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #91
Metabolic XBA
Fear is why you fail...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Great find. I haven't decided if I am going to use this yet or not, only just finished my Hard playthrough today.

I think the only thing that might push me to it is the unskippable cut scenes. Like I really enjoy the gameplay but even today when I was mopping up the misc achievements it was bugging the piss out of me having to sit through, in some cases, 4-5 minute scenes I have seen already before I could even quit out to the main menu.

Maybe if I played through it a few months down the line when they story isn't as fresh it wouldn't bother me as much. But I am enjoying actually playing it so much I want to keep playing it.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #92
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I am almost done with my Old School playthrough. Nice to see I can grab the achievement. I was actually not even playing to play another playthrough. I am already sick of the game! It was an awesome fun game, but I'm finding it more a chore on my second playthrough. Maybe that's because I have less and less time to play games. I was lucky to put in 3 hours this week into games. Tricks like this help save time for those who don't have it
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #93
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
I just have Old School and Hardcore to do, now that I've done NYMH. The question I ask myself (and you all); do I utilise this glitch? Do I deserve to after the shit I've endured, the countless times I've watched the scenes? I say that I've completed the hardest challenge in Max Payne 3, so would it diminish my accomplishment in any way?
If you really enjoy this game as much as i do then then play through the game
and whatch every cut scene from the beginnig to the end
I played through the game again after i had unlocked every singleplayer achievement.
I turned off the subtitle and enjoyed every seond of all cutscenes and gameplay

You are already unlocked the hardest achievement in this game!
Hardcore and old shool will be a walk in the park for you
But you will be glad that there are checkpoint
and you dont have to play everything over and over again from the beginning

Last edited by TaiCoon; 06-11-2012 at 06:06 AM.
TaiCoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #94
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiCoon View Post
You are already unlocked the hardest achievement in this game!
Hardcore and old shool will be a walk in the park for you
But you will be glad that there are checkpoint
and you dont have to play everything over and over again from the beginning
Haha, I was playing Hardcore last night and was killed and started to get annoyed because I had to go back to the beginning! I'm so used to NYMH now that I think it'll always restart. I also keep checking the top left corner of the screen to see what time I'm at...

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #95
TaiCoon

TaiCooon's Gamercard
Like i said
It will be easy with checkpoints ^^
Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #96
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I am almost done with my Old School playthrough. Nice to see I can grab the achievement. I was actually not even playing to play another playthrough. I am already sick of the game! It was an awesome fun game, but I'm finding it more a chore on my second playthrough. Maybe that's because I have less and less time to play games. I was lucky to put in 3 hours this week into games. Tricks like this help save time for those who don't have it
With that little time, I'd imagine your days of writing achievement guides is over? I will miss your well written guides. I was looking forward to writing another guide for Dead Space 3, but with my recent engagement, it seems like I'm in the same boat as you.

OT: After some contemplating, I decided to give in and use this glitch. With the little time I have to play games and with the other games I need to work on before the fall/winter Blockbuster hits coming, I just want to finish this. Plus, the four other playthroughs needed for the 100% more than make up for "cheating" a little.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #97
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Soooo happy this was discovered, used it last night and I'll happily shave 8 hours off time needed to play this game. I loved it but after initially playing on medium, then hard then old school while still needing NYM and NYMHC why wouldn't you want to cut your play time down?? A great game can turn to severe annoyance from all of these play through's.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #98
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The only real reason why I used it and why I would imagine many would is because of the difficulty. I mean really, like 2-3 shots and DEAD, well last stand provided you can find the guy and hit him.

I myself don't care for dying instantly, thank you.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #99
Vailedkillamann

vailedkillamann's Gamercard
Im going to try this right now thanks
Vailedkillamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #100
BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy's Gamercard
It worked for me perfectly!
Old 06-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #101
gilerab180

ik unkn0wn ik's Gamercard
this worked a beast thanks alot for finding the discovery lol i have played through it 3 times now 1 of them being void as i turned on hard lock at end of first hard playthrough not knowing that that whould void my entire playthrough so done it again on hard then old skool used this glitch because i still have to do nym and nymhc not looking forward to those :/ again thanks alot
gilerab180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #102
Artorioos

Artorioos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber0307 View Post
Personally, I found playing Hardcore substantially more difficult than Old School (which I find ironic, since the achievement for Old School is of a higher point value). If you don't WANT to go through both Hardcore AND Old School, then here's what you do:

Play through the game on Old School. Upon destroying Victor Branco's plane (and ending the game / triggering the final cinematic), you will be awarded with the Achievement for Old School. Once that pops up, press the guide button and quit to the Dashboard. Boot the game back up and select Continue from the Main Menu. You'll be right at the moment where you have to destroy Victor's plane. Once you're loaded in, Pause the game and drop the difficulty down to Hardcore. Destroy the game and blam, you've unlocked the achievement for beating the game on Hardcore.

Update: And doing this will unlock BOTH the One Hit Kill cheat and the Max Payne Advanced skin.
Hi, I tried doing this as I played through on hard and it didn't work but this is not the problem. The problem is, when I pressed the Xbox button the first time it took me into the achievment and I wasn't able to dashboard, but I then pressed the second time and I was able to dashboard. Is this how you're supposed to do it or am I missing something?
Artorioos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #103
BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artorioos View Post
Hi, I tried doing this as I played through on hard and it didn't work but this is not the problem. The problem is, when I pressed the Xbox button the first time it took me into the achievment and I wasn't able to dashboard, but I then pressed the second time and I was able to dashboard. Is this how you're supposed to do it or am I missing something?
That is exactly what happened to me. But it popped after I really did dashboard the second time. The first time it does pasue the game.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:26 AM   #104
FSparacino4

Some achievement hunters, like myself, do have lives outside of video games and still like to 100% games. Why should I have to play through this game five times, when I could do this glitch and save myself a playthrough? I don't see how that makes me lazy in any way.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #105
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
Some achievement hunters, like myself, do have lives outside of video games and still like to 100% games. Why should I have to play through this game five times, when I could do this glitch and save myself a playthrough? I don't see how that makes me lazy in any way.
since you're an achievement hunter you should be able to understand this (and im not trying to argue or fight, im just answering the question that you presented out of no where)

its lazy because, if the glitch wasnt present, the only way you would be able to get this achievement is by playing through it on Hardcore. But knowing that there is a glitch that will save you time and frustration you'll use it which would classify you as Smart or Lazy depending on the gamer. its like you want the achievement, but you dont want to work for it.

Me, i think its smart and lazy.. i would've used the glitch if it were known before i had already beat it on hardcore.
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #106
FSparacino4

Lazy is a relative term and as you are already sinking over a 100+ hours into this game to get the full 1,000 , I hardly consider saving yourself 8 hours, lazy in any way...but regardless of what you want to call it, I spent my own money on this game, so as long as it doesn't affect other players, I'm going to play it how I want, without grief from others.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:24 AM   #107
ll X ll

All that matters now is as long as your profile is online like mine. People can know when you got the achievement and when this glitch was found out. That is all, no need for lazy this or that.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #108
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

idc like i said, i would've done it too and i wouldnt give 2 shits about what anyone on online forums had to say about it. but i still think of it as a lazy alternative.

but like sparacino says, you're committing 100+ hours into the game, so it really is just a small dent.
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #109
GTAmissions1

GTAmissions1's Gamercard
I used the trick mentioned and I got it. Saved me the playthrough that got messed up on the Hardcore difficulty.
GTAmissions1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #110
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

Pretty kewl..

I decided to start my Old School play through tonight (everyone says its easier than hardcore).. and so far im on chapter 5 with overall ease and hardly any rage.. either Hard playthrough trained me some or Old School is a bit easier than Hard/Hardcore..

Depending on how my Grinds are after i get to the end of Old School will probably determine if i use this tip or not.. although i probably will =]

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #111
IN5TANT CLASS1C

IN5TANT CLASS1C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTIPPIN187 View Post
Pretty kewl..

I decided to start my Old School play through tonight (everyone says its easier than hardcore).. and so far im on chapter 5 with overall ease and hardly any rage.. either Hard playthrough trained me some or Old School is a bit easier than Hard/Hardcore..

Depending on how my Grinds are after i get to the end of Old School will probably determine if i use this tip or not.. although i probably will =]

Thanks!
Old School has to be medium difficulty at most. I only have Old School, New York Minute, New York Minute Hardcore, and Single player grinds left. I played it on Hard and then Hardcore and Old School is easier than both by a long shot.
IN5TANT CLASS1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #112
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN5TANT CLASS1C View Post
Old School has to be medium difficulty at most. I only have Old School, New York Minute, New York Minute Hardcore, and Single player grinds left. I played it on Hard and then Hardcore and Old School is easier than both by a long shot.
That's because you're more accustomed to the game. The damage you take is comparable to Hard. If you could try Old School first, you'd have a different experience to trying it after mastering the game.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #113
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
Quote:
That's because you're more accustomed to the game. The damage you take is comparable to Hard. If you could try Old School first, you'd have a different experience to trying it after mastering the game.
I agree with you. After hard I did hardcore first and then oldschool.
Oldschool gave me more of a pain since I wasn't used to popping pills in time.
Especially the becker fight made me wanna destroy things.
That skill improved with numerous runs in NYM and NYM HC.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #114
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhKillswitch View Post
I agree with you. After hard I did hardcore first and then oldschool.
Oldschool gave me more of a pain since I wasn't used to popping pills in time.
Especially the becker fight made me wanna destroy things.
That skill improved with numerous runs in NYM and NYM HC.
I think NYM HC made me become unstoppable in this game. I destroyed Becker in no time at all but, my biggest problem area was in Chapter 3, when you have just left the lift and are at the top of the stairs. I did my normal Shootdodge down the stairs and died. Twice. That's the most amount of deaths I had in any of the levels.

However, I would never say that the difficulty of it is any less that what it is. For a person who hasn't played this game to death (and believe me, I have played this more than enough now...), they will have some problems with this mode.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #115
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
Quote:
I think NYM HC made me become unstoppable in this game. I destroyed Becker in no time at all but, my biggest problem area was in Chapter 3, when you have just left the lift and are at the top of the stairs. I did my normal Shootdodge down the stairs and died. Twice. That's the most amount of deaths I had in any of the levels.

However, I would never say that the difficulty of it is any less that what it is. For a person who hasn't played this game to death (and believe me, I have played this more than enough now...), they will have some problems with this mode.
Feeling unstoppable describes it pretty good. When the 10G poppep it felt like the next 10k, lol.
I never ever used shootdodge during my NYM runs, always relied on BT. I died to many times lying out in the open during my other runs.
The difficulty wasn't the problem just the pressure of knowing what happens when you die. I got worse the further you came. Made me do stupid mistakes I otherwise wouldn't have done. It was a pain nontheless.
Especially when stupid glitches destroyed you.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #116
IN5TANT CLASS1C

IN5TANT CLASS1C's Gamercard
I just feel people are dying a lot easier from non head shots in Old School than in hard and hardcore.
IN5TANT CLASS1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #117
Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia NZ's Gamercard
Does anyone know if the latest update on 26th June has fixed this glitch?
Black Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:27 AM   #118
d32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dahlia View Post
Does anyone know if the latest update on 26th June has fixed this glitch?
Seems like they fixed it. Finished old school today and followed the guide here but no hardcore achievement.
d32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #119
TheThreeStooges

Quote:
Originally Posted by d32 View Post
Seems like they fixed it. Finished old school today and followed the guide here but no hardcore achievement.
thank god i didnt dwnload the update till after i got the hardcore achievement with the glitch
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #120
Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia NZ's Gamercard
nooooooo if only i had read this before trying, just loaded up my save on new update and when it didnt pop i deleted update tried again said game not compatible, flippen gutted.
Black Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote