Mystic Knight 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
The Destroyernatorer

TBS Mulder's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Your Favourite Vocation?

Just wondering what classes everyone prefers, and why?

Personally I adore the magick archer, after sampling the mage and mystic knight. I love how different the classes are, and how easy it is to switch!
The Destroyernatorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
I love being a Sorcerer.

Access to the high damage spells is awesome.

Also... with the High Level Lightning Strike...

You can target multiple body parts on an enemy... and when you unleash the bolt... it strikes every spot you touched (it's like getting a lock on).

You can drop large creatures pretty quick this way.

Az

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

I agree with Azrael. I love being a sorcerer. It's very fun and I love the variety of spells you have access to.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
Fallen0

Send a message via MSN to Fallen0

Fallen0's Gamercard
The mystic knight i have always loved heavy armor,swords & magic and this lets me use them all at once
Old 05-31-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
LordDVS

Bac0n Gamer's Gamercard
I've only played Fighter, Warrior, and MKnight so far. Out of those 3, I like the Mknight a lot, even though I normally would prefer a heavy damage dealer in games like these. I have no interest in archery really, but I think I will give Assassin a spin next.

And from what I'm hearing, I should get over my magi racisim and give Sorcerer a try. I've let my Pawn have fun for too long it seems...
Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
CelticWarriorDB

CelticWarriorDB's Gamercard
I love being an assassin. Having the ability to use swords with a bow is awesome.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Assassin is always fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #8
ConfederateSuga

Send a message via MSN to ConfederateSuga

Spiritual's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Just because they have the 2 most over-powered abilities in the game, I'm going Ranger. Tenfold Arrow will one-shot any normal mob for the most part and wear bosses down at a faster DPS rate than any other class. And Endecad Shot is by far the best skill in the game for both multi-kills and, if you're right up on a mob's weakspot (IE: Drake's heart), it fires 11 arrows at double damage directly at it, so it's like hitting it with 22 arrows pretty much. Also, longbows have 'the' best stagger/knockback of any weapons in the game and it does it constantly. The 'only' time I use melee is if I'm climbing a mob, otherwise, longbow ftw!

Strider's ok, but the inaccuracy of the shortbow is a huge turn off after using the longbow. Oh, 'and', considering (if you have the coin), even the biggest boss mobs can easily be sleeped, silenced, poisoned, petrified, etc. with the right arrows equipped consistantly, that just makes it that much sweeter.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
The Destroyernatorer

TBS Mulder's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael008uk View Post
I love being a Sorcerer.

Access to the high damage spells is awesome.

Also... with the High Level Lightning Strike...

You can target multiple body parts on an enemy... and when you unleash the bolt... it strikes every spot you touched (it's like getting a lock on).

You can drop large creatures pretty quick this way.

Az
The magick archer is similar with the hunter arrow thing. When you fully upgrade it you can select up to 10 different enemies to hit with arrows, or if it's a big boss like a cyclops, you can select all its individual body parts. That's how I wreck most larger enemies now, whilst I hide from atop a cliff where they can't reach me
Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfederateSuga View Post
Just because they have the 2 most over-powered abilities in the game, I'm going Ranger. Tenfold Arrow will one-shot any normal mob for the most part and wear bosses down at a faster DPS rate than any other class. And Endecad Shot is by far the best skill in the game for both multi-kills and, if you're right up on a mob's weakspot (IE: Drake's heart), it fires 11 arrows at double damage directly at it, so it's like hitting it with 22 arrows pretty much. Also, longbows have 'the' best stagger/knockback of any weapons in the game and it does it constantly. The 'only' time I use melee is if I'm climbing a mob, otherwise, longbow ftw!
Have to agree! I pick this class in all my RPG's (when available) and only use my bow to pick off enemies from afar and when they come close i turn to daggers.
But i've found that in Dragon's dogma i use the bow on EVERY occasion, it just feels right and its powerfull!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Do your civic duty and don't play multiplayer in games where it doesn't really belong. Problem solved.
TheLegendOf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
T00L

Though i play as an Assassin i use Bow and Daggers, like the Strider. I would have loved to use a Bow and a Sword since i used daggers the first playthrough, but i dont want to miss the abilities to double jump and dodge enemies. Still playing as Assassin because there are a few abilities for daggers which are just badass.

In my third playthrough i maybe try a Magic Archer..
T00L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
Quintonir

Renegade Onion's Gamercard
I love the Magick Archer. Decent armour options, daggers (I prefer them to swords in this game), and dem spells. Shadowshackle, Sixfold Bolt, Hunter Bolt, Advanced Trigger... the list goes on. I've never enjoyed crowd control so much. xD

Also, I was doing The Conspirator quest and found two new Magick Bows xD. Absolutely ridiculous. My damage output about doubled in less than half an hour.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
The Destroyernatorer

TBS Mulder's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintonir View Post
I love the Magick Archer. Decent armour options, daggers (I prefer them to swords in this game), and dem spells. Shadowshackle, Sixfold Bolt, Hunter Bolt, Advanced Trigger... the list goes on. I've never enjoyed crowd control so much. xD

Also, I was doing The Conspirator quest and found two new Magick Bows xD. Absolutely ridiculous. My damage output about doubled in less than half an hour.
Daggers are immense. I love rushing enemies with cutting wind, and then when you cut through them turning around and spamming thousand kisses. It's effective and stupidly fun.

Although it does make the MA seem overpowered -- being lethal from afar and up close.