PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Tanabeo

Tanabeo's Gamercard
Disciple of the Creed?

i was just wondering if i need to start over or not to get this achievement because i think i did it wrong i have been doing all the task before i kill my target but when i go to kill him i just pull out my sword and fight him insteed of just killing him quietly. Am i ok and can get the achievement or do i need to start over?

92168/121585 Gamerscore 76%
3832/5008 Achievements 77%
55 Total Complete
Tanabeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
dragon32

it doesn't matter if u r caught by the guards u just need 2 have full health when u kill ur target
dragon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
XToastySniperX

XToastySniperX's Gamercard
This achievement is glitchy. I swear I killed two of the 9 targets without full health, and I got the achievement anyways.

1. Assassin's Creed (1000/1000)
2. Assassin's Creed II (1000/1000)
3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (1250/1250)
Working On - AC:R, Skyrim, and Portal 2

Check out my YouTube channel here!
XToastySniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
Firdaus800

Firdaus II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon32 View Post
it doesn't matter if u r caught by the guards u just need 2 have full health when u kill ur target
I don't think this is correct.

I counter-killed Robert and I've read that the achievement counts whether you take damage or not from his foot soldiers. I'd guess most people would take some damage from them.

My understanding was that you only need to kill your targets (with the hidden blade or otherwise) after completing all side missions in that city.

I did things that way and there were no problems with the relevant achievement unlocking for me. It seems some people don't need to do the same but I recommend you be on the safe side.

You shouldn't have any problems with this if you complete all possible side missions prior to each assassination.

Thanks to FiReStOrM for all the maps. What an excellent site - he made things so much easier. Thanks again.

Last edited by Firdaus800; 01-11-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Firdaus800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #5
R3vengeance

R3vengeance's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus800 View Post
My understanding was that you only need to kill your targets (with the hidden blade or otherwise) after completing all side missions in that city.

I did things that way and there were no problems with the relevant achievement unlocking for me. It seems some people don't need to do the same but I recommend you be on the safe side.

You shouldn't have any problems with this if you complete all possible side missions prior to each assassination.
Correct; amount of health doesn't matter. The full synchronization condition refers to mission completion; as stated, don't skip any missions, do them all before you begin your assassination.

As for not killing him quietly, you only need to do that once for the appropriate achievement (Something along the lines of "Kill your target like a true assassin" is the achievement description). After that, anything is fair game.
R3vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
essecks

essechoplex's Gamercard
I think it's called Blade in the Crowd or something.

I just did all of the side missions in each city so that all of the DNA bars in the Pause menu were filled before killing the target and I got it fine.

I also definitely didn't stealth kill all targets and I don't think my synch was full for every one either.
essecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
It is glitchy, I killed half of my targets with less than full health and still got the achievement my first playthrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
Tanabeo

Tanabeo's Gamercard
i just got it and didnt have full health but did have the dna bar in the pause menu full so maybe thats the one

92168/121585 Gamerscore 76%
3832/5008 Achievements 77%
55 Total Complete
Tanabeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #9
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Alright...

After the first Masyaf related missions, I had to go to Damascus.
I did a few 'save citizens', a few 'view points', beaten one guy, and then went to the Bureau. I still had a few things to do like 'evesdropping'.
After the cutscene at the bureau, I noticed the 'evesdropping' icon disappeared and I had to go immediately to the 'Assassination Target' (I have 4 white bars out of 8, and 2 blue bars)

Am I screwed for this achievement?

EDIt: never mind. I choose to exit the Animus all the way back to the main menu. I made a backup of my saved game, loaded up game and "continue" and I was back at the Bureau, with the eavesdropping and pickpocket icons back active.

Last edited by Trikke; 01-24-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #10
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
When exactly does it unlock? Once you kill your last opponent or once you get back to the hideout?

Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #11
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
When exactly does it unlock? Once you kill your last opponent or once you get back to the hideout?
From what I remember, it unlocked after killing the last opponent. However, it could unlock at a random time during the game, hence the above post(s).

Are you asking because you haven't got the achievement although you've completed all necessary assignments and killed the last target? Or were you just curious?
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:46 AM   #12
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
From what I remember, it unlocked after killing the last opponent. However, it could unlock at a random time during the game, hence the above post(s).

Are you asking because you haven't got the achievement although you've completed all necessary assignments and killed the last target? Or were you just curious?
I was just curious so that I'll know whether or not it should have unlocked. As it turns out, I killed the last guy out by the docks in a ship and it didn't unlock afterwards. Turns out that I missed a few side missions in some previous memories so I'm going back to replay the ones I missed. I'm hoping this works and that it will still unlock. Thanks for the fast response!

Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #13
Mortalistnox

It is super glitchy, I picked up the achievement on my second play through.

Good Luck
Mortalistnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #14
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It's not GLITCHY!
It does not depend on your HEALTH bar.

It depends on whether or not you do all the side missions, all the investigations.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #15
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I just got this and I can confirm you DO NOT need to all side missions (saving citizens), DO NOT full health, DO NOT have to stay hidden when killing the main target, DO NOT need to complete every investigation or view point (I didn't, I wanted to complete asap).

The description differs to what I have unlocked though - You've fully honored the tenets of the Creed. You are a Master Assassin.

Last edited by cjdavies; 11-18-2011 at 03:21 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #16
TheGreyMan

The Grey Man's Gamercard
Either people are misreading the achievement requirement or there are two ways to get it.

If it helps anyone else, on my playthrough I was rubbish at stealth killing the primary targets so all I did was make sure I did all missions in each location before tackling the assassination. And in most situations I ended up in a huge brawl, definitely taking damage from guards, and killed the intended victim during the melee a few times. So my interpretation was that a full DNA bar meant fully synced by completing all objectives. Worked for me. Maybe you can get it from a one-hit kill without taking damage, but for me this seemed virtually impossible as often you seem railroaded into direct confrontation. Either that or I'm just not stealthy enough (quite possible).
TheGreyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
Jchandler1985

jchandler85's Gamercard
I did all the side missions before each assassin and mine popped. I even got hit when fighting the woman and I still got it. Also my friend on Live got his as well and he did the same as me.
Jchandler1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
Ryuuk GX 57

Ryuuk GX 57's Gamercard
I don't remember what the achievement is but it must not be to bad. These tips are helpful.
Ryuuk GX 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #19
snickerboa

snickerboa's Gamercard
I did every sidemission there is but I still didnt get it. Guess im just unlucky then huh..
snickerboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #20
cdawgoku

Cdawgoku's Gamercard
If I didn't do every side mission during 1 mission, can I just go back and replay that in the animus?
cdawgoku is offline   Reply With Quote